What Renewal is like after lvl 100 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What Renewal is like after lvl 100

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jabbawalden

jabbawalden

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

So I'm curious - as I've never made it past lvl 99 (though I plan to do so with rebirth this time round), what is the game like once you get past 100? 

Does the leveling get more grindy? Is there more to do? Are bounty boards still worth it, or does everyone just do Gramps? Also, does it get heaps easier to make money? Cause I've read somewhere that some people can make 100million a day. Is that even possible without botting?

Speaking of... are bots still a big problem in this game? I have seen a few around, but hard to tell sometimes who is bot and who is not.

Also what is the end game like? Is WOE and boss hunting still a fun and popular thing to do?

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts...really want to know that the game is worth it till the end - I don't mind the grind so much, just want to know that the reward is worth the effort.

#2 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

i think there is 1% you can do before 100, and 99% after 100 in renewal.

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

On leveling beyond 100

1. Honestly, it gets mobby. You earn most of your exp by killing a lot of monsters at the same time.

2. Its mostly Gramps for Mid and High, although from 130+ you can slack off and do instance with your friends.

- Hence a lot more party play

3. Bios opens up from 141-150, depending on your class

4. Bounty boards are still worth it. Mostly Mora/Scaraba/NCT and Bio4 bounty.

5. You don't feel useless anymore in ET runs.

On making zeny

1. Yes, making 100m a day is definitely possible. If you want to know more you can send me a PM. However, do remember you need to put in the hours to actually run the instance, check your timer (for those doing hazy forest for OCA) and that its only gets better when you're higher lvl or with multiple chars.

On Bots

1. Its there. Fret not they are only annoying at earlier lvls like below 100s. You rarely see bots above that besides at ve_fild03 where there's magmarings.

2.I shall not comment much on them but personally, I normally dont stay long at a heavilly botted area and even if I am (This applies pre-99 cause I just love lvling at petites, its been a thing since my first char), the spawn rate isnt so affected and if you know where to look, there are places where bot avoids for some reason, and there's a massive spawn there.

- If u just alternate between those spots :P Its like having ur personal mobby area.

- I'm looking at you, corner maps of gef_fild06 and ve_fild03.

On End Game

1. WoE is still a thing. I'll leave the veterans to comment on that. I only join in occassionally.

2. Hunting MvP is a thing and the competition is tougher since a lot of difference class can effectively solo MvPs.

- But fret not, there are instances such as OGH, Charleston, Last Room, Hazy Forest, Endless Tower, Nightmare Toy Factory, Nidhogg Nest and so many more that allow you access for your own personal private MvP. Also there's VIP Summoner where you can summon 1 MVP by paying Eden Merit Badges.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

I prefer leveling outside of gramps from levels 99->175, though will dip into gramps when the monsters are good (still won't join parties with randoms, will only join parties with people I know.) 

Bounty boards are 100% worth it and are the premier way to get to 175 (mora/clock tower/bio 4). Instances can be fun, assuming you don't get burned out on them, and are good benchmarks and challenges to overcome. 

I also believe the game doesn't really start until 3rd class, as the way you play changes absolutely fundamentally in most cases (even if similar build, the skills/gear options are very different.)

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:40 AM

Inb4 when you get bored of 3rds and decide to do pvm stuff with transclasses for the challenge.

(I still want them to open up instances for lvl99 trans, tired of beating only GMT with sinx)

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I made a perma thief crit-bow build because I have nothing better to do some days

I made it before crimson weapons tho, so just using a gakkung

Shoulda yolo'd a repeating crossbow or crimson bow when it was around, but eh 

I like that you can do really silly stuff in this game 

#7 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

Well, I have about 4 characters that are 150 when the Philippine Ragnarok Online (pRO) closed last year. I was able to migrate most of my characters including a dozen below 99 characters.

When I played my migrated characters here at iRO just about a month ago, I was shocked to know that the level cap is now 175. I tried to grind to at least obtain 1 level to any of my 150 characters and I was a bit disappointed because it's very hard.

So I asked some information here at the boards regarding leveling sites and I've learned about the bounty hunting quests, the Gramps map, and other useful information. I also learned about Biolabs4 and I tried to finish the quest but failed miserably. So while I'm still researching on better ways to level-up my 150 characters, I made the most of the recent modified XP levelling my other characters -- the below 99.

So along the way, I met new friends and it made me realized why I love Ragnarok so much. Right now, I'm no longer concern so much about the 175 level destination. I'll just enjoy RO again together with new found iRO friends :)

#8 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Pm-ed.. 

I also agree with Ash, we are trying to do a trans class only ET :P And see how far can we go.

#9 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

Inb4 when you get bored of 3rds and decide to do pvm stuff with transclasses for the challenge.

(I still want them to open up instances for lvl99 trans, tired of beating only GMT with sinx)

#10 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

It also depends on what class you play.

With decent AOE leveling will be rather "easy" and "quick".

However, as Priest, you will never really level quickly or gain any zeny.

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

i vote for all instances level limit to be lifted. all instances should allow level 1+. bakonawa vs bow thief is perfectly possible.

#12 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

Possible or not, it should be open to you -- if you fail, then so what? This gives people the opportunity to try self imposed challenges, and should you get to a point where your bow thief can in fact kill bako -- that's some dank ass XP. 

I am pro "beefgate" limitation over arbitrary for areas/enemies. 

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

I'm not fond of doing PvM. I hate grinding. However WoE is alright. I think I've been fighting the same faces for years now :^)

To see what WoE is like, my latest WoE video link is in my signature. There are only three guilds to join and have fun if you prefer hardcore crashes of OP gears and cheats lmfao

#14 DirgeCometfell

DirgeCometfell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Living In The Database

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

i'd love to see a sample challenge like 30m challenge(quips and consumeables) on how far can you go with instances.

#15 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

grindy as ever but still i like there's more to do, theres a lot of instances for end game content, some easy to solo, some you need a full party

#16 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

unless gene maybe u will spend more then 1% in trans for feeding ur homun diligently while leveling it

#17 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

what is the game like once you get past 100? 

Does the leveling get more grindy?

Certain class doing fine

Is there more to do?

Sure it does, I can't mentioned all the stuff that you missed

Are bounty boards still worth it,

Yep

or does everyone just do Gramps?

Some players, tho only till 150. no gramps for 150~175 

Also, does it get heaps easier to make money?

Yes

Cause I've read somewhere that some people can make 100million a day. Is that even possible without botting?

Its not just some. Even on the worst day, Nub-me can easily makes between 60m~80m in 3 hours by doing intances daily with one char only.

Speaking of... are bots still a big problem in this game? I have seen a few around, but hard to tell sometimes who is bot and who is not.

The real player actually started to act like a bot  :Emo_19: 

Also what is the end game like? Is WOE and boss hunting still a fun and popular thing to do?

Boss hunting always fun :)

Edited by AAEM, 04 December 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#18 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

It also depends on what class you play.

With decent AOE leveling will be rather "easy" and "quick".

However, as Priest, you will never really level quickly or gain any zeny.

If it's a large party and I'm the only priest, I really can't loot :(

But if it's just a duo team and I'm with a sin, hunter, or agi knight they I can loot to my heart's desire :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users