Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

Njoror’s Njotes

Hello, everyone.

We’ve decided to start having weekly topics to discuss what’s going on with Ragnarok 2 and provide an area for you to ask your questions and get some of them answered outside of our Town Halls. We will be discussing what we’re currently working on, what’s going on in-game, and other areas we’re discussing or working on. Hopefully this will allow us to talk more frequently with our larger community.

What’s Up

• Yule Festival will be going in this week.  It will include the 2014 and 2015 events into one, giant event. The Yule Festival titles and buff items will be available as well as Kafra Shop costume, accessory, mount, and title boxes.
  • Our new Cosmetic Fusion System is going in with new shop items. You’ll be able to use one tablet for all fusion, and you won’t be restricted in combining accessories with costumes or any other variety. We’ve also changed our Slate to be Charms, and there are a bunch of new Charms including charms to get specific slot items or a new rune charm that also gives a better chance to get more runeholes. We will be getting a guide on this, plus CM Idun has made us a guide video to explain it further.
  • We are deploying a change to how the PvP stat (attack and defense) is stacked. The purpose is to allow for diminishing returns if a player stacks attack or defense. You will never not get a positive effect from continuing to stack these stats, but once you hit about 45% effectiveness you’ll start to get a limited effect going forward. This is to address the stat creep issue, availability of purple runeholes and honing that has caused PvP balance to get out of hand.

What’s Next

• Seedrune Update
    • We’re looking at improving the seedrune rates at achieving various tiers. There are some that were artificially capped and made unattainable, and the rest just have pretty miserable rates that cause them to never drop
    • We’re also looking at adding in seedrune drops to various areas throughout Master Level zones in order to give more areas for players to go after these drops. Right now, we’re discussing adding seedrunes
    • We’re also thinking about updating the Colosseum reward boxes in this update and adding some seedrune drops for some of the top tier boxes
    • One or two shop boxes could also be included. Currently, we’re thinking about packages that give you a bunch of rune removers and random seedrunes, but we’re undecided
  • PvP Formula moving to ratings
    • This should make it in December 19 and just be a visual fix changing the percentage PvP Attack and Defense into ratings that will show you what their percentages are on mouseover on the stat in the character window. We decided to make this change last week which is why it wasn’t going in this week with the change. Effectively, it won’t change how the formula works, but it allows for new players to understand better and helps to futureproof it if we add in more items that give these stats.
  • Card Refinement
    • Fixing the rates so they are more similar to equipment refinement
    • Change the card stat increase to be consistent throughout. Currently, the stat increases are handled by a percentage increase that is different for almost every set of cards. We’re talking about maybe a 5-6% increase in stats for each card going forward if we’re going to open up the ability to refine easier.
    • 2 new items added to refinement. Cardfinium that protect the card level and give it a higher chance to go up a level, and Card Lucky Powder that acts like how regular Lucky Powder does
    • We’re also thinking about those anniversary cards we handed out once and where to put those, but haven’t settled on anything yet.
  • New Guild Skill: Siege Weaponry
    • This is a guild skill that would control how many siege weapons a guild can place on WoE. Right now the tiers are 20/40/60/80/100 and require farming new books for these tiers.
    • It will also move Urgent Recall over and take its spot, so there shouldn’t be a missing guild skill anymore
    • We’re also looking at a self-destruct feature for incomplete siege weaponry placed so they are removed after a while, and a manual destruct option so guilds can manage where their siege are placed if they need to move them

Sorry for posting this late today. I’ll try and get it up in the mornings for Mondays from now on. Our patch today was just hefty and I got caught up in a lot of other duties.

Feel free to post your questions, concerns, or jokes here.

#2 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Can we rename this topic "Njotes" ?

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Done.

#4 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

Done.

giphy.gif

#5 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

This is great! I support weekly Njotes.

#6 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

Here's a chart of how the pvp stats will look, in 3% steps akin to the gains from CLS Runes.

clschart_zpsubuva9z3.png

#7 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:39 PM

Does this mean that all current fusion tablets and slates will disappear and can be exchanged to the new fusion tablets and charms respectively? Where can we see Idun's guide video?

#8 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

Does this mean that all current fusion tablets and slates will disappear and can be exchanged to the new fusion tablets and charms respectively? Where can we see Idun's guide video?

Her guide is going live real soon, and we'll put it up on the web site.

And it won't be an exchange. Older items can be used in the new fusion system as well. We didn't want another trade-in like we had with Karnium and old refinement.

#9 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

All current fusion tablets and slates have automatically been updated. Nothing will need to be exchanged. 

Text Guide!

#10 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Many thanks!

#11 8144160804183808497

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhillipines
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Why there was no compensation??    No Free Rune Remover???

Everytime u change or nerf pls gave us compensation so that player will not hard to fixed there set ..

This is not our mistake to maximize our reduction or Inc... the game change everything without any compensation help us to rebuild and change our set. thats all tnx..

Edited by 8144160804183808497, 05 December 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#12 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

Why there was no compensation??    No Free Rune Remover???

Everytime u change or nerf pls gave us compensation so that player will not hard to fixed there set ..

This is not our mistake to maximize our reduction or Inc... the game change everything without any compensation help us to rebuild and change our set. thats all tnx..

I'm not clear on what we would compensate for based on what change I mentioned.

We can't provide free items and take away from the in-game player market with every change. 

#13 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Idun

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

• This is a guild skill that would control how many siege weapons a guild can place on WoE. Right now the tiers are 20/40/60/80/100 and require farming new books for these tiers.

Hi Njoror. I'm fully support this idea, but please bear in mind that some guild capable to hold more than one property. So basically limiting siege to 100 siege per map/guild not really good idea.

IMHO, the calculation should take number of  property into consideration. 

Let say 

1 property = 100 siege

2 property = 175 siege (25 reduction)

3++ property = Max 225 (25 reduction)

Or

Castle  = 100% from guild siege level (100)

Fort = 50% from guild siege (50)

2nd Fort = 50% from guild siege (50)

3rd Fort = No bonus gain (Max 200)

Also, if this mechanism will eventually added into game, please add auto self-destruct feature in case fort property change hand. In case property change hand and new fort owner did not try to destroy old owner siege weapon to nerfing enemy capability.

And please add siege weapon counter to WOE status window. You didn't expect player count themselves right?

Also, please revamp bank fort/castle occupancy bonus. 500/1000 hp so lame for current WOE/player HP. 1000 for fort and 2000 for Castle seem good enough with current HP standard. No change for walking buff %.

Thanks!

#14 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Hi Njoror. I'm fully support this idea, but please bear in mind that some guild capable to hold more than one property. So basically limiting siege to 100 siege per map/guild not really good idea.

IMHO, the calculation should take number of  property into consideration. 

Let say 

1 property = 100 siege

2 property = 175 siege (25 reduction)

3++ property = Max 225 (25 reduction)

Or

Castle  = 100% from guild siege level (100)

Fort = 50% from guild siege (50)

2nd Fort = 50% from guild siege (50)

3rd Fort = No bonus gain (Max 200)

Also, if this mechanism will eventually added into game, please add auto self-destruct feature in case fort property change hand. In case property change hand and new fort owner did not try to destroy old owner siege weapon to nerfing enemy capability.

And please add siege weapon counter to WOE status window. You didn't expect player count themselves right?

Also, please revamp bank fort/castle occupancy bonus. 500/1000 hp so lame for current WOE/player HP. 1000 for fort and 2000 for Castle seem good enough with current HP standard. No change for walking buff %.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll try and respond to your points, but don't consider any of them shelved, they're all helpful.

• Changing from guild to how many properties a guild owns would mean guilds could have double, triple, or more siege at hand. We prefer to limit guilds to 100 at maximum because we know these are being spammed and placed haphazardly. Restricting them and allowing for manual destruct should ease up on siege (and framerate) spam and also allow guilds to strategize siege placement better. If a WoE guild hasn't already, I imagine they'll create siege weapon crews that will be mainly focused on placement and re-placement.
  • Do you mean auto self destruct if castle is taken or fort? We can look into this, but not sure if current limits would allow for fort destruction based on coordinates.
  • Guild members should have a buff when on WoE maps that will show their active siege number and how many are remaining, or that's what we're working on.
  • Revamping guild benefits, housing, vaults, etc will be coming in the first half of 2017, so those ideas are definitely welcome but probably won't be the first thing out of the gate.

#15 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll try and respond to your points, but don't consider any of them shelved, they're all helpful.

• Changing from guild to how many properties a guild owns would mean guilds could have double, triple, or more siege at hand. We prefer to limit guilds to 100 at maximum because we know these are being spammed and placed haphazardly. Restricting them and allowing for manual destruct should ease up on siege (and framerate) spam and also allow guilds to strategize siege placement better. If a WoE guild hasn't already, I imagine they'll create siege weapon crews that will be mainly focused on placement and re-placement.
  • Do you mean auto self destruct if castle is taken or fort? We can look into this, but not sure if current limits would allow for fort destruction based on coordinates.
  • Guild members should have a buff when on WoE maps that will show their active siege number and how many are remaining, or that's what we're working on.
  • Revamping guild benefits, housing, vaults, etc will be coming in the first half of 2017, so those ideas are definitely welcome but probably won't be the first thing out of the gate.

Thanks for your reply!

I mean for Fort destruction. Just destroy all previous owner siege around 100m from Fort Emperium. This will allow new attack to utilize all 100 siege weapon instead hoping enemy to destroy siege weapon for them. 

#16 Chidorie

Chidorie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:28 AM

Done.

ROFL. GG WP Njoror err... Njotes XD

#17 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

Agree with self-destruction mechanism in case of fort property change owner, that's a good idea.

#18 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:50 PM

Hi Njoror, since we are currently limiting/nerfing everything from siege, pvp inc, BT user, judex etc, I think it is common sense to limiting kafra save too. Maybe like 10 kafra save per-guild with 5 minute cooldown?

Hopefully you take my suggestion into your future plan. Thanks!

#19 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:58 PM

Hi Njoror, since we are currently limiting/nerfing everything from siege, pvp inc, BT user, judex etc, I think it is common sense to limiting kafra save too. Maybe like 10 kafra save per-guild with 5 minute cooldown?

Hopefully you take my suggestion into your future plan. Thanks!

We can consider it. Siege definitely had been spammed much more and had bigger issues with client framerate.

We're not on a path to nerf everything. We just had a couple years where the prior team didn't understand stat creep and the issues caused from adding 40 new levels without addressing the design of pre-existing systems, and it drove many players to quit.

#20 squaremusics

squaremusics

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIndonesia - Jogja

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:34 AM

I don't know if this kind of question already asked before or not :

1. Is there any possibility to buff Ranger role in team? Since Rangers nowadays (and in the past) are just really really nothing. I mean, lets face it and be honest, no one wants ranger in their WLH team. If you're a Ranger then you know what I mean, because I don't or never seen any Ranger with "Lawless World" title before.

2. Right now we have an unwanted "buff" called invincible each time we logged in, move to portal (go to dungeon or warp) or change channel. This buff should automatically gone when we move, but in reality now it's not. We have to wait like 8 seconds? before we can use any skills and that's really annoying. Can we have it removed or make it like it was? (we move and the buff is gone).

Thanks.

#21 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

1. Is there any possibility to buff Ranger role in team? Since Rangers nowadays (and in the past) are just really really nothing. I mean, lets face it and be honest, no one wants ranger in their WLH team. If you're a Ranger then you know what I mean, because I don't or never seen any Ranger with "Lawless World" title before.

2. Right now we have an unwanted "buff" called invincible each time we logged in, move to portal (go to dungeon or warp) or change channel. This buff should automatically gone when we move, but in reality now it's not. We have to wait like 8 seconds? before we can use any skills and that's really annoying. Can we have it removed or make it like it was? (we move and the buff is gone).

Thanks.

Yes, we're looking at all skills and stats for balance. We have a lot of work to resolve now that we have development control.

I'd suggest sharing your ideas to our feedback and suggestion forum, we like to go through there and pluck good feedback to consider.

#22 Zaifron

Zaifron

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

Thanks.

2.  I think u can left click the "Invincible" buff icon to get rid of it, like u do with Ymir and Class buffs. Don't know if u alredy tried but, it works for me.

#23 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Earth

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:14 AM

2. I think u can left click the "Invincible" buff icon to get rid of it, like u do with Ymir and Class buffs. Don't know if u alredy tried but, it works for me.

But the problem is that it takes time to do it while previously it doesnt because you can just simply cast a skill to debuff it, which is essential for Thief class

#24 Masuzu

Masuzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

1. Is there any possibility to buff Ranger role in team? Since Rangers nowadays (and in the past) are just really really nothing. I mean, lets face it and be honest, no one wants ranger in their WLH team. If you're a Ranger then you know what I mean, because

I don't or never seen any Ranger with "Lawless World" title before.

Thanks.

THIS FACT really hurt me cuz i am ranger too haha :(

how about in Indonesia ? is there any ranger with lawless world ?

#25 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

I am a ranger without the Lawless title. Just sayin'...  :surrender:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users