End of the Year Q&A Video! - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

End of the Year Q&A Video!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 AyaR

AyaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Can Draconis peaks not allow already made groups to join?? what i mean by that is where "stacked groups" would not be allowed to join. Like in order for you to play it you would have to que solo because ive notice that some people make groups to where its impossible to even beat them. ( i think it would be more active if stacked groups were not able to join and more players would play Draconis peaks ) lately i have not seen Draconis peaks or Akram arena even starting i think this might really make a difference.

Edited by AyaR, 10 December 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#27 BLACKSKULL7

BLACKSKULL7

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

ok  first i didn't say i will quit the game just so u know i said that people myet quit the game if u keep that ignoring us

and anther thing

some times ago i buy a honor gear by mistake not the one i want for lvl 220 hawkar when i see that it's not the type i want i disassemble it and the honor i git back is not even near that half of it

i remember the number was something like 667 after i disassemble and it was the armor that i git by mistake that was 2 month ago

and other thing is

there is so many staff i can't disassemble in my inventory i can't even disassemble or drop

and is there will more inventory space cuz i'm kinda ful in all kind even in the prim inventory

#28 7687121208014500937

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Is there a way the community can help with tech/effort-heavy stuff like character animations, server maps and suchlike without it being problematic? I for one would LOVE a 'Sit' animation where you can actually sit down on a straight-back chair sort of thing, or get to use the 'Sleep' animation to indicate AFK. (Not that the current 'Sit' isn't useful...) I've also got ideas for maps, and since they're so ridiculously hard/laborious to do, it'd make sense to crowdsource some of that effort - unless that's a problem somehow.

Love all the effort Genesis and the CMs have put in lately, kudos to you all, especially Oda, Veritas and Dragonlark. Pat each other on the back!

#29 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

The Development tools are hosted on a private network that can cause huge security issues if given out to the public. So as far as the community helping to do things like Map work etc, it's highly improbable. Even I was turned down about 2 or 3 times before Leonis left, even though I was involved with some 'secret' things that will now never happen, but they were big enough that it was asked about. They're very strict on that policy, so I highly doubt it will be lifted. 

Figured I chuck that one in, because I actually know the answer to it. 

#30 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

I am really sick and tired of Item Mall. 

It has been around since the start of the end of this game.

I have always been vocal in my hatred of it. I have always said how it provides no way to grow the game, it can only be an effect of the cause.

We don't need more content, we need ways to make our current content fun. The fact we have such an abysmal combat system in a game that is literally grinding monsters is unfathomable.

My earlier post stands true except I have now played recently and it is bad. Like 13th street in a freddy movie there is blood everywhere and no souls left.

Item mall must die, in the sense that it only stands in the way of the game moving forward.

90% of the economy can not be based on this, it simply won't work. Cough the economy hasn't been working.....

Why doesn't the game have as much focus and time spent on the actual game first instead of item mall?

If the answer is money it clearly isn't working so time for change....

If the answer is "we are trying" I don't think warp-portal has an objective view of reality... 

Our situation is deplorable yet we waste time and resources at every chance when the game has potential and can clearly grow if it wanted to do the right things for once, instead of the ever masochistic (just like our leveling system), and sadistic pleasure in the pain of going out of our way to do the wrong things.

We tried with elemental stuff and blah blah blah,....  No we didn't they were easy band-aides to distract people so real improvements not only weren't done but so the game could be made continually worse and more Item Mall based!?!?!?!

Is the game {super alive!} and warp-portal is just trying to suck as much money as possible before {the game lives forever} or is there a real plan to move forward?

I know the answer well enough... ( We are always there for our players and their concerns and are attempting to rectify the current situations with lag/gameplay/item mall by telling you sweet, sweet siren songs then gut you while you sleep....)

^ don't give another answer like that ever again and this alone will have been worth it.

Can we all agree we would want the actual truth now? There is no reason not to be and I played it since before Americans even knew it existed and as a literal life time player, that has never bought item mall, I demand a real answer for once. Will I get it?

^I literally would be happy to throw money at this game if they just started down the right path. No joke. But I have not once seen them try in so many years when easy solutions to common problems are around...

Like I have always said people don't buy IM until they ENJOY the game. Obviously there are so many more players than the core group...........  so it seems reasonable to quit the human resources department lies and tell us straight for once... Please ? Pretty Please? I'll buy Item Mall if you do please?

Edited by Hellowarz, 18 December 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#31 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

I played it since before Americans even knew it existed and as a literal life time player,

-You know we are American right? ...

Source: https://forums.warpp...ons-for-aa-fix/

So which is it. Are you American, or did you know about ROSE before Americans? I'm not calling you a liar, but I am saying you're being manipulative. Because you can't BE American and know about it BEFORE Americans, because if you Knew about it, and ARE American, then well, that's impossible.

Secondly. Do away with IM? Are you insane? You do know that ROSE had a pay to play model, and it failed utterly. In fact, they had BOTH at the same time, and it was failing. Cutting out the LS and Premium would destroy ROSE within 2 months.

You're trying I'll give you that, and I'm not attacking you, but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective. How do suppose they afford staff, resources, server housing, office space, and all the other costs if they're not charging for SOMETHING in the game?

#32 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:14 AM

Hello Roserians!

The year is almost over and to celebrate we are going to have a special Q&A Video! Post your questions below to be included in this video, where the ROSE Staff will answer your inquiries!

This Q&A video will take place on 12/19/2016, so make sure to get your questions in before this date! This thread is only for questions for the ROSE Staff, off topic discussions will be removed!

This should probely have been asked way before or mentioned in the original post but what is the timestamp on this?

Starting 11AM PST, When the usual Runnin 'Round ROSE starts?

#33 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

This should probely have been asked way before or mentioned in the original post but what is the timestamp on this?

Starting 11AM PST, When the usual Runnin 'Round ROSE starts?

Originally it was going to be Runnin' Round ROSE this week, but unfortunately the time has changed on this and instead is planned for next week. An exact time should be posted by the end of this week. 

#34 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:11 AM

Originally it was going to be Runnin' Round ROSE this week, but unfortunately the time has changed on this and instead is planned for next week. An exact time should be posted by the end of this week. 

So basicly you are saying,

original it was suppose to be runnin'Round ROSE, but thats changed to the Q&A Livestream/video.

And now the Q&A has been delayed to the last week of december?   ( 26-31 December ) 

:hmm:    "WTF"   :questionmark:

Edited by Cortiz, 19 December 2016 - 09:12 AM.

#35 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

Source: https://forums.warpp...ons-for-aa-fix/

So which is it. Are you American, or did you know about ROSE before Americans? I'm not calling you a liar, but I am saying you're being manipulative. Because you can't BE American and know about it BEFORE Americans, because if you Knew about it, and ARE American, then well, that's impossible.

Secondly. Do away with IM? Are you insane? You do know that ROSE had a pay to play model, and it failed utterly. In fact, they had BOTH at the same time, and it was failing. Cutting out the LS and Premium would destroy ROSE within 2 months.

You're trying I'll give you that, and I'm not attacking you, but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective. How do suppose they afford staff, resources, server housing, office space, and all the other costs if they're not charging for SOMETHING in the game?

Correction I think my implication in the first statement is that I was an American playing with Koreans when the amount of Americans was extraneous, so it practically is true.

Not trying to manipulate just stating a fact that relates to a player that clearly likes the game and has invested serious time and effort in it.

Again my exaggeration is being mistaken for my intent. If it really wasn't clear, sorry here is what I meant by "Item Mall must die":

Item Mall must die in the sense that at a bare minimum it should no longer have any development resource time wasted on it.

The reason this is the case is because we clearly are not growing under Item Mall being the only thing developed and it is holding back resources that could otherwise be growing the game.

The Item Mall is already outside of the correct sphere by a long shot as well. Premium is the only non-ascetic item that makes complete sense to be in Item Mall and does not seem to reach too far.

The only legitimate use of Item Mall after that, especially in our current sense.... i.e: (It isn't like a world has been released that is only available through item mall..... and btw if they did that it would be a terrible idea) but since item mall has not done anything even similar to that or even hint at it..... Ascetic Items Only.

It is very well known that an ascetic only model works and as I see it , is the only way a free to play game legitimately can make money while not hurting the community but enhancing it.

Rose has sadly always done Item Mall the wrong way. I remember P2P days and the game was obviously not worth that then and Item Mall with it was the biggest slap in the face to the community.

Btw I know you aren't attacking me, we have talked before :)  ... but I will say I thought you would know my points behind the thinly veiled exaggeration.... this is not my first time making these exact points.  

Quote:[

For my question why isn't this really ever discussed seriously? I know it hasn't... I've been around...

I am really sick and tired of Item Mall. 

It has been around since the start of the end of this game.

I have always been vocal in my hatred of it. I have always said how it provides no way to grow the game, it can only be an effect of the cause.]

The cause/effect statement implies that item mall would be an effect of a growing game, sorry if it didn't. The rest is a rant with serious points in regards to item mall.

Edited by Hellowarz, 19 December 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#36 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

is aa getting fixed with this new update it getting really boring now

#37 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

@Hellowarz,

Would you like to pose that as a question for the Q&A Video? [Or series of questions].

That is what this thread is for, and I'm not going to argue with a pedantic interpretation of misquoted statements based on inference over factual statements. 

@Topic;

When are you going to fix the purchase bug, where a person buys an item, the points are deducted, but the item fails to be delivered?

Why not have it give the item, check delivery, then deduct points? Atleast then when the system srews up, the players isn't spending a load of time submitting a ticket, waiting for a reply, wasting support staff time, and if the bug still occurs, the worst that happens is they get a free item [due to your systems bad delivery code].

Just figured I'd ask because this issue is YEARS old, and I happen to just now read yet another thread about it on the forums, and they appear in larger numbers whenever you pull the whole 'shopping events'. 

Edited by Feuer, 20 December 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#38 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

Date & Time please    :rice:

#39 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

is this Q&A still going to happen? cause i saw the live stream is cancelled/postponed again :hmm:

--> this quote is from facebook post btw

Hello Roserians!

Please know that todays livestream has been cancelled due to technical difficulties. We will have our next livestream next week on Tuesday 1/3/2016 at 11AM PST.

Edited by angeltje, 27 December 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#40 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

Sorry for the late response here! As the Facebook post announcement said, there were technical difficulties that did require us to push back the QA another week.  I am also waiting on some replies to questions from the ROSE Team who have been very busy working on updates over the holidays, so at this time I unfortunately do not have an exact schedule for when the QA Livestream will take place. Right now we are going to try for Tuesday (1/3/2017) morning, and I will post further updates with the exact time once I can do so.  

#41 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

You want questions here we go:

-How do you feel about the fact that game cant even handle more than 6 dungeons of COU going on at the same time without making them full of lags and delays? Does that mean that the game cant handle the current low population we have? Does that mean that if the game ever gets back up to a proper amount of players (LOL as if) that we are to expect lags and delays all around the game?

-When are you going to adress the problems such as the HP gltich which have been reported multiple times or the stealth gltich so that the community knows its been "taking care of"?

-When will you give in and actually ask players in game to help you figure out what goes wrong with the group system so that it keeps making the game crash while leveling, warring and that makes PvP games totally unplayable making  HUGE part of the community just straight up quit? (come on it's been months now...)

-Are we to expect that "orlo update" the same fate as the artisan or PAT updates? Cuz if so then just don't say it

And pretty much everything Feuer asked.

Edited by carlosrose, 28 December 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#42 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

So did the stream happen? been waiting to watch it

#43 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

So did the stream happen? been waiting to watch it

Right now we are going to try for Tuesday (1/3/2017) morning, and I will post further updates with the exact time once I can do so.  

complete recap of the stream.

So no, not Q&A's yet.

Edited by Cortiz, 04 January 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#44 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys, sorry for the delay! The Q&A video has officially been scheduled for Friday morning at 11AM PST. I will be posting a link in this thread once it is live. 

#45 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

Beginning of the year Q&A Stream then?

Edited by Feuer, 05 January 2017 - 07:56 AM.

#46 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

so this live stream is it going to happen or not? :hmm:

#47 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

The QA will be in the format of a video rather than a livestream. It is still being uploaded, as we experienced some technical difficulties with the video software this morning. It will be posted as soon as it finishes uploading!

#48 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

The Winter QA has been uploaded to the Warpportal Youtube Channel. You can watch it here

#49 BLACKSKULL7

BLACKSKULL7

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

ok first u are cute

i like 2 know if there will be anther kind of sealing ur staff with out keeping ur pc online all the time  will be anther version of vendors

#50 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

fine we get it you like rose music but next time lower it or speak louder....

As for the replies basically everything will be later on and like Jon Snow you know nothing about what's going on with AA (cuz why bother to go back to a previous patch version where it was alright and then upload the new content step by step to see where it goes to **** right? o;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users