Classic December 8th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic December 8th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

December 8th

Event

• Lucky Boxes are going away.
  • Another new Headgear quest. Speak to Frank in Morocc (156, 194). The new headgear is the Baby Dragon Hat.
  • Exp event starts after maintenance!
  • Boxter Update!

#2 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

Any plans on checking god items for dupes?.

Mvp and DR/GR check would be nice too!!.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

I have a really important question: if sprite errors aren't an issue is it possible to add pets to classic?

#4 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

If lucky boxes go awayWhat's the boxter update? No boxes at all? Tell me so i know what to do with my KPs please

Edited by JGkush, 07 December 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#5 InstaChamp

InstaChamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

Can we put triple poring hats in boxter <3333333333

#6 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

Heroes of rune midgar,
as we reach the anniversary of the crowning of King Tristan the third of his name, let us not forget the will power granted to each of us by the seven royal family's divine wisdom. the evils we have overcome. the war efforts we endure for the right to house our guilds in the castles of the old houses. and the mysteries we have yet to discover.
let us also not become complacent and allow our efforts to cease. there is still much to be done. and together we can see this kingdom to days of glory, and hope.

updates we are waiting on:
-treasure system
-rotating instance doungeons 
-woe theamed battlegrounds
-pet effect fixes
-updated janeway quest (was this done?)
-god item and mvp card checks (its been far over a year)
-any word on a new client so we can actually update the server :)

Janeway Ideas:
-Add mercenary training to the quest line (after armor quest)
-Directly incorporate the cursed armor into janeway
-possibly add pet training into the janeways (fix pets that dont give buffs)

post janeway ideas:
-New T.I. update; add locations without accesses quests and add them to the warper, also add a few locations that do require accesses quests. for the latter, increses the rewards and do not add warps directly there.
offer alternate rewards for players that dont want exp. for existing and new t.i.'s

reward system ideas:
-rewards from poring wars such as wild rose, doppleganger, and egnigem ceina mercenarys and the novice, swordsman, acolite, mage, archer, thief, and merchant figures.
-the still absent new world gear pcs
-Shaman ring / Shaman earrings / Shaman hair decoration (these could be reworked to blank gear that you can random enchant stats to). like almost any of the new renewal gear systems. if kept reasonable it would give new toons a goal before all the reborn woe gear, ect.
-gsb (i still think newbs need a way of trying to supply up there new guild for a first woe. and we know its already in the server so this would be the "easy button" fix)

challenge dungeon
-before we go making a bunch of proposals for new stuff we should polish the C.D.
-new music (im sure that anything is better than the log in music)
-can we try porting the mob data over to something with a diff sprite?
-can we experiment with another map? like try a field map and add in a easy trash mob for between targets?
-or an alternate look pront? you could add an npc bit explaining how your stopping the evil bleeding into our world or something.
-whatever is done it needs some FLAVOR. we got all the vitamins and minerals in the tofu, but it needs sauce so dad will eat it, lol. but really flavor is as important as game rewards or mechanics. and is what makes ragnarok so addictive and immersive to weirdo people like us.

nightmare version dungeons:
-classic versions of "nightmare" instances would be a good way to expand things a bit. (i realize creating each of these zones would take time) imagine each month a "nightmare zone" opens in front of an existing area. and by entering it your faced with a high lvl version of a classic experience. for instance, i rlly like the clock tower. always have. the music, the feeling of getting lost. animated clocks and stuff.... just great. but if i had a reason to go there once in a while to do something challenging it would be better. the big problem is we would need a few of these and possibly our current challenge zone to all be on a rotation. and rlly , if i understand correctly , it would be writing over assets every time it switched because of the client/server limitations. either way we have the rest of the new world gear and some ideas of custom item effects for a few unused gears to work with as far as rewards. if we buckle down and work on it we could have a stable way of introducing end tier content FINISHED in the next year or two. and we could do even more if we are willing to make large, but temporary, changes to existing maps an mobs in game. 

Events, Events, Events:

in conjunction with this we should increase the frequency of events from ro's past recurring in classic. we dont get new content here, so we neeeed some old content love. i understand why you cant increase the number of events per year in renewal. because in between events they get updates. but we dont so we should be killing an mvp in pront field, or making some ridiculous headgear. just thoughts. 

Final ideas:(or, if the server is really going out)

-kvm gear / the real new world (these things are the last pre re things we dont have currently, well that and half the new world gear)

Edited by lxst, 08 December 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#7 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

No and no to kvm in pre renewal.

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Actually, they aren't against adding KvM, it's just that the previous methods for obtaining it were highly exploitable.

#9 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

I'm interested in seeing new world being added.

Btw, what's KVM gears? :o

#10 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

There is a proposal to use th jro link system and adopt it to our standards to gain the gear instead of the bg way that was exploited and lucky boxes

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

But that system is exploitable the same way people farmed tsod's and rte

#12 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

There is no concrete evidence of the et tower exploit please stop
Spreading propaganda if you feel the system is exploitable design better one or give idears on how to improve it

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:51 PM

There is no concrete evidence of the et tower exploit please stop
Spreading propaganda if you feel the system is exploitable design better one or give idears on how to improve it

I've tested it. 

Unless serious changes were made to the system, that is a real problem. 

#14 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

I'm interested in seeing new world being added.

Btw, what's KVM gears? :o

kvm gears were a set of gear similar to but more powerful than battlegrounds gear. also known to be a touchy subject, as the original implementation back in the old times was exploited. that and some players dont enjoy the meta shift these items brought. i would prefer personally to see other things including the rest of the new world gear first. however past that the kvm gear is really the last item tier in pre renewal that we dont have. so i thought it best to mention it at the end.

im not 100% certain. but i think the reason we do not have the new world is because we would have to give up the possibility of "new" stuff like challenge dungeon, hazy forest, ect. because of the monster id # limitations of our ancient client. even with that said, it would be enjoyable. so again, mentioned at the end.    

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

I think something to consider is that kvm (much like new world) was probably developed with renewal in mind.

#16 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Since we're doing headgear quest I'll bring back up my idea of area restricted turn in headgears :

Spoiler

i'd also like to add darkabe's idea for localized headgear quests. its a good one

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:10 PM

I am may be wrong, but I don't think they can limit the hats to only work on those maps like that.

If I understand it correctly - I believe that the only limitation of gear can happen by maptype and all of Classic's are in use. 

Edited by Xellie, 08 December 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#18 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:36 PM

Kvm is considered a balance patch even without Kvm renewal would of been silly damage its a step down from specialized mvp carded gear and a step up from normal bg gear plus it's semi free. No need to hope for rng Jesus to get that Mvp card

#19 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

The +exp for the turn ins is doable but yeah I dunno about the map-limited buffs.  Cool ideas anyways.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

The following are the different coins that can be obtained:

• Turbo Track Coin – Obtained by trading in 60 Aldebaran Turbo Track points. (We don't have this... maptype issue?)

• Arena Coin – Obtained by trading in 60 Izlude Arena points. (We don't have this)

• GvG Coin – Obtained from treasure boxes in War of Emperium. (uncontrolled and farmed econ)

• Endless Tower Coin – Obtained by trading in ‘Ash of Darkness’ from the Endless Tower instance. (Have lots, but also, ET exploit)

• Kafra Coin – Obtained by trading in 500 Kafra Service Points (obtained by using in-game Kafra services). (no problems here)

• Coin Holder – All MVPs have a chance to give a Coin Holder as an MVP reward.  When used, the coin holder gives 10 random coins. (no problems here)

#21 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

Kvm is considered a balance patch even without Kvm renewal would of been silly damage its a step down from specialized mvp carded gear and a step up from normal bg gear plus it's semi free. No need to hope for rng Jesus to get that Mvp card

There's no way KVM was developed with Renewal in mind. I think almost everyone can see that.
Personally, I think a lot more people would play if KvM was implemented. There just needs to be a way to make it non exploitable.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

There's no way KVM was developed with Renewal in mind. I think almost everyone can see that.
Personally, I think a lot more people would play if KvM was implemented. There just needs to be a way to make it non exploitable.

What would change that would make them play? 

#23 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

HELLO I SEE HATS AND I MUST POST

the idea of alternate versions of the baby dragon hat is Pretty Cool and if there's a way to do this i'm all for it. even if the ice titan turn in part doesn't work i want that ice cream hat I WANT IT PLEEEEEASE

#24 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

Would it be possible to update the patch client notice with the correct times for Classic maintenance? 

#25 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Classic maintenance has been completed! Thank you for your patience. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users