Classic December 8th Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic December 8th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 cakcuk

cakcuk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

mr oda ask something why after running patch update stilll on unknown item[apple and apples] for the new items?? 

#27 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:41 PM

The headgear quests are nice and all but they need to be better thought out. Is the Baby Dragon Hat Certificate dropped by anything in game? It doesn't make sense to buy it since the hat itself is cheaper.

iVE6bMr.png

#28 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

lmao

#29 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

failed

#30 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

guess they'll fix this by increasing price of baby dragon hat box instead lol

#31 pushbackk

pushbackk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:19 AM

Don't you dare to remove that cheap Baby Dragon Hat box(400kp). Replace the expensive one with Note Headphone[1] instead.  :p_hi:

#32 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

The headgear quests are nice and all but they need to be better thought out. Is the Baby Dragon Hat Certificate dropped by anything in game? It doesn't make sense to buy it since the hat itself is cheaper.

iVE6bMr.png

Gibe money Plox !! Hueeeeeeeeeeeee

Put 300KP the Certificate.

#33 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

Replace the expensive one with Note Headphone[1] instead. :p_hi:

second

#34 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

At first GMs used to put the certs in some mobs, looks like they're forgetting the idea for the headgear certs is to use it as an alternative...

Still think they should do something like the rental box extractor which could get updated to drop the certs at a card drop rate(Since GMs aren't even adding the certs to monster anyways making that kind of a deal a no-no option).

#35 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:38 AM

At first GMs used to put the certs in some mobs, looks like they're forgetting the idea for the headgear certs is to use it as an alternative...

ya, just another clue as to how much attention is put into classic. we gets no love over here. we were told the two new systems would be implemented with a focus on obtain-ability. and an optional pay for quickness button (buying certs and keys). and what we currently have gotten, lmao, is more expensive hats that you have to pay and farm for. and the low tier boxes with no source of in game keys to speak of. (the three-four you can get are gone quickly with no good drops)

this COULD HAVE BEEN a great thing. but yup, they dont care as long as renewal players dump 1000's of $s on upgrading items that will never see +20.

but january is coming so expect a long post about all the stuff were getting in 2017. (the same list we got the last two januarys i expect)

#mic drop 

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

No to note headphone! Don't ruin special event headgear rarity. 

And yeah incoming roadmap I'm sure, but then again they don't even have the time to explain that some users ideas; (such as cid's) aren't possible and allow them to keep posting blissfully unaware that it's never able to be done. 

If I had to wish for anything, it's fixing the installer. After walking so many noobs through the process off stream and forums and then experiencing it myself. Please. 

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

ya, just another clue as to how much attention is put into classic. we gets no love over here. we were told the two new systems would be implemented with a focus on obtain-ability. and an optional pay for quickness button (buying certs and keys). and what we currently have gotten, lmao, is more expensive hats that you have to pay and farm for. and the low tier boxes with no source of in game keys to speak of. (the three-four you can get are gone quickly with no good drops)

this COULD HAVE BEEN a great thing. but yup, they dont care as long as renewal players dump 1000's of $s on upgrading items that will never see +20.

but january is coming so expect a long post about all the stuff were getting in 2017. (the same list we got the last two januarys i expect)

#mic drop 

Pretty much this. I was going to write another big thing at some point talking about the root of the cause, but I just dont play enough anymore to make it worth my time.

The GMs are so out of touch with the players. I'm okay with them not fully understanding all of the game mechanics, but they're just on another planet when it comes to why people play this game and what they want to see. Poorly thought out projects are implemented at a snails pace and then never really given the polish they need. While there's some problems out of their control with regards to RMT/dupes/some cheating, they have the power to make Classic fun and interesting for the players.

Until Classic feels like a properly cared for server it's hard to convince my friends (or even myself) to log on and play.

#38 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Pretty much this. I was going to write another big thing at some point talking about the root of the cause, but I just dont play enough anymore to make it worth my time.

The GMs are so out of touch with the players. I'm okay with them not fully understanding all of the game mechanics, but they're just on another planet when it comes to why people play this game and what they want to see. Poorly thought out projects are implemented at a snails pace and then never really given the polish they need. While there's some problems out of their control with regards to RMT/dupes/some cheating, they have the power to make Classic fun and interesting for the players.

Until Classic feels like a properly cared for server it's hard to convince my friends (or even myself) to log on and play.

They need to implement your KvM idea. You had a lot of great ideas for Classic in general.

#39 Amykawaii

Amykawaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

+1 note headphones! they're cute and i would buy one ^0^

#40 pushbackk

pushbackk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

No to note headphone! Don't ruin special event headgear rarity. 

Why?Could it be because you are the only one who has it? Others want it too. Don't be selfish.

They can perhaps make it a quest or whatever gimmick to make classic interesting for this month.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Lots of people have it. it's the same as heart ribbon hairband

#42 pushbackk

pushbackk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:42 PM

Yea to people who have renewal chars. Not everyone in classic in play renewal.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:44 PM

No, people who paid for the OST back in 2008. 

Sadly they didn't let me transfer the GR prize.  If you make a renewal char you get cool things. 

#44 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:46 PM

They need to implement your KvM idea. You had a lot of great ideas for Classic in general.

It's not my idea, I just sorta wrote a lot of words about what I'd like to see if they went with it. I also had a lot of really bad ideas, same as anyone else. Things really need opportunities to be tested, I was pretty sad with the disappearance of the test server. Things should not be tested on the live server.

I'd still like to see it get implemented in some form, there's so many different things you could do to get it implemented "properly" in a way that works for Classic. However when those three letters are seen together peoples eyes glaze over and start frothing at the mouth, refusing to read any of the following words or engage into any discussion about it.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

It's not my idea, I just sorta wrote a lot of words about what I'd like to see if they went with it. I also had a lot of really bad ideas, same as anyone else. Things really need opportunities to be tested, I was pretty sad with the disappearance of the test server. Things should not be tested on the live server.

I'd still like to see it get implemented in some form, there's so many different things you could do to get it implemented "properly" in a way that works for Classic. However when those three letters are seen together peoples eyes glaze over and start frothing at the mouth, refusing to read any of the following words or engage into any discussion about it.

you mean the people who refuse to accept

a) the methods presented are still expoitable

b) refuse to engage in discussion of altering or removing parts of the kvm set to suit classic 

I find the biggest irony to be that neutral is the best element to use (minus the pay2win holy - which is not ok) when neutral is the biggest dps already

KVM isnt going to magically make people play tho - classic has bigger issues.  Sometimes the installer is the hardest boss, Sometimes Squirrel [Error] is the hardest boss, then the community, empty server, lack of pvm content, lack of cute things, then we can talk about how broken woe. 

editted : because moderation is being trolled by idiots.

Edited by Xellie, 10 December 2016 - 07:34 AM.
Removed call out

#46 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:27 AM

look guys, im sorry i said kvm. and Voldemort. and beetlejuice. it was only my intention to bring up the fact that we've been sitting on our hands waiting for updates for a looooong long time.  admittedly i complain too much. i get that. but my intention is always for the good of the server.

we have all lost things, players, friends, time, and money to this game. if we are still here now we prolly arent ever going anywhere. so we had best get comfy and chill. :handshake:    

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:32 AM

That was stupid. Stop getting trolled by idiots please mods. 

#48 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

Those event headgears should be allowed to be transfered over to classic(including the DS preorder ones).

Edited by Ramses, 10 December 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#49 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

beetlejuice.

SERVER'S OVER WE DOIN THIS SOMEONE FINISH IT OFF

also +1 to that ice cream hat from the other thread, even without the ice titan turn in thing if that's deemed too op. hats, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users