Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

TY for motivation:

Not too bad for 101. Hopefully by 175 it won't take half an hour to KO the egg @_@

Just a quick test stream I did to see how long it would take. No sound :(

May upgrade the accessories to Magic Intensifier Rings or RWC Pendants. Waiting for refine event for the book. Boots will be +9 or +12 Temporal Int Boots (Spell 5 Runaway Magic) w/ 120 Int. Need Magical Shadow Pendant for the set. Not sure what I want in the midgear / upper card yet.

Edited by Scuba, 26 December 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#28 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

What did you do to have that 32k Cold Bolt??? XD

It cringe me to see Crimson Bible carded Stormy Knight lol. For me Crimson Bible is lousy weapon for Sage class, as it MAtk is so small. If you use Hindsight/auto-cast, I think it's better to have Evilspirit Glove than Yana/Ignis. For upper/mid gear card, from the most expensive to cheapest option, I can only think High Wizard, Fenrir, and Vesper, to Lichterns and Tikbalang or Weakened Fenrir

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:29 AM

There is a new book coming out that does 30% more bolt damage, I'll probably re-card when de-carding is available again. Its pretty pointless though I'm finding. But I am not sure you are right about the crimson bible. It gives 50 extra matk right now and will give 112 at +15. And this sorc is a hybrid. I will be relying on striking + endow + double attack + crit damage with my auto attacks as well. So it is the best option for a melee / magic hybrid.

The 200 int temporal boot proc + Deluge & Siroma cards.

The plan is to add double attack with Kagerou, and add 100 matk with better temp boots. I've checked out evil spirit glove, not sure what it does. 65k DPS for now, but I think at 175 it would double or triple with the right setup.

Edited by Scuba, 28 December 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#30 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Wait, so Crimson Bible has base MAtk now? So the description is wrong (again)?

Yeah, pretty much thought it's from Runaway Magic, but not too sure because SG+Deluge obscure the RM effect.

As Evilspirit Glove, it autocast as follow:

《1》Auto cast Frost Nova lv 10 (2.5%) or Psychic wave lv 1 (1.5%) while physicallly attacking
          《2》Auto cast Mystic Amp lv 1 (1.5%)  when attack with magic
          《3》When been hit by magic or physical attack, auto cast dazzler lv1 (5%) 

I'll be waiting cards from Air Fortress. One of those auto-cast Killing Cloud and other auto-cast IB lol

Edited by wadoichimonji, 28 December 2016 - 07:44 AM.

#31 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

I don't think it has base matk. But it does (refine x refine)/2 matk. And since I am melee as well, I thought it would be a good fit. However I think the new book will outshine the crimson bible for sure, not a ton of great book options at the moment.

When I want to do magic damage I'll just use a spell 6/6 mental stick and Int Temporal Boots Spell5 Runaway Magic. With the 2 new rings It will be just as effective at casting as auto attacking. Best of all worlds.

I assume evilspirit gloves' proc rates stack additively. And non slotted, correct? I am really behind on all the new stuff coming in. Seems like we are getting new items all the time. Which historically, has not been the trend. So I am happy about that.

#32 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

None of my toons strong enough to do Horror TF instance. It will be a while until I had Evilspirit Glove.

I glad I reset my skills. I could break the academy egg in about 15 minutes now, even with crappy gear

Spoiler

#33 jrabdo

jrabdo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

hey im wondering if 1 dex on this build is possible?

how much hit does it need to be able to work?

is it possible to get it crit build with bunch of luck?

i have these questions because my sorc is 1 dex build with full cast reduction from gears. and because it has 1 dex, i was thinking where else i should put the remaining statpoints when i reached vit94, int120, and some luk.
so i thought maybe going for some agi and make a spellfist/caster hybrid.

#34 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:49 AM

hey im wondering if 1 dex on this build is possible?

how much hit does it need to be able to work?

is it possible to get it crit build with bunch of luck?

I don't see the need for dex, personally. My build is 100 Str, 120 Int, 100 Agi, 17 Dex, 90 Vit, 77 Luk

You don't need any hit on a Hindsight Sorcerer, but if you plan on using Spellfist a lot you might want to figure a lot of crit into your build (if you still plan on low dex).

+12 Mad Bunny Special gives 10 crit, a +7 Critical Shadow Armor gives 10, Buche de Noel gives 10 crit, and 25 crit with 77 luk; thats 55 Crit right there. Tendrillion Card gives 15... XD If you are desperate you could also use abrasives.

From irowiki:

CRIT

Critical Hit Rate: The Critical Hit rating, which increases damage by 40%. Offensive skills do not take CRIT into account except for a few exceptions like Focused Arrow Strike. Critical Hit also ignores Flee rate but not Perfect Dodge nor DEF. Critical Hit Rate is doubled when wielding a Katar type weapon.
Note: The Crit rate being displayed in the Status Window isn't the true value which is applied against monsters. The "status crit" is calculated by dividing current LUK by 3 and adding the Crit rate bonuses from equips/cards. The real Crit rate is a little different, as LUK × 0.3 + Bonus.
Critical hit can proc physical autocasts (such as CD in Mouth), so 100+ crit for autocast builds like SC/Sorc is a viable way to make up for a low DEX build.
Critical damage always goes with the highest weapon level variance. Weapons under the safe refine level will always have the same exact damage. Refinement bonus variance, on the other hand, will vary.
Critical damage modifiers like Aunoe card/Temporal LUK Boots goes right after the original crit damage, it goes like Final Critical Damage = Highest Weapon Level Variance Damage × 1.4 × Critical Damage Modifier % Ex: your crit damage goes for 500 with a clean Faceworm Queen Leg [2], if you put 2 Aunoe Cards inside it, your crit damage will be 700.

None of my toons strong enough to do Horror TF instance. It will be a while until I had Evilspirit Glove.

I glad I reset my skills. I could break the academy egg in about 15 minutes now, even with crappy gear

Wow looks like the weapon matk is making a big difference there. That was a fresh egg too?

Edited by Scuba, 29 December 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#35 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

does 2 evilspirit glove stack?

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Autocast gear is only counted once.

#37 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

Wait,
so it's not 3% for PW

or 2 instances to roll 1.5% for PW?

Does this apply to autocast cards as well?

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

Only 1 instance of the effect works. And yes it applies to cards(they are part of your gears anyways)

As almost anything on RO, autocast stuff is weird :v
For example if you wear the Musika garment and a loli ruri carded armor, the loli ruri wont proc anymore, just the Musika. Same for a a Bloody Knight carded Violet Fear.
If it has the same criteria to proc the same skill(even with diff skill lvls), it is only applied once.

Edited by Ashuckel, 06 January 2017 - 02:03 AM.

#39 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

Only 1 instance of the effect works. And yes it applies to cards(they are part of your gears anyways)

As almost anything on RO, autocast stuff is weird :v
For example if you wear the Musika garment and a loli ruri carded armor, the loli ruri wont proc anymore, just the Musika. Same for a a Bloody Knight carded Violet Fear.
If it has the same criteria to proc the same skill(even with diff skill lvls), it is only applied once.

i see, does it apply to skills as well?  will it apply to Kasa garment and Call Agni Lv 3 for example since they seem to have the same criteria on the trigger part?

and i presume unique ones are CD in mouth and Hindsight

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 06 January 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#40 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:58 AM

skills and gears are separate. both can proc.

CD effect is quite different, as it's effect is to proc an effect that will cast 1 random bolt at random lvl on every successfull hit. It's a 100% chance once the effect procs. 

#41 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

I see, i wish they would be clear about the rules in autocasting, it seems to me that those are not intended/planned. Thanks for the info

Back on topic,

Pretty disappointed with Evilspirit Gloves, the PWave's damage  doesnt live up to my expectation even with lvl 2 spirits unless RM procs, it's pretty weak

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

Well the base damage of Lv1 Pwave is 5x lower than lv5 pwave, plus it only does 3 hits. Thankfully the INT scaling on the skill doesnt multiplies the base damage, but adds to it, so with high int values you can still do a pretty good dmg.

#43 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

I don't see the need for dex, personally. My build is 100 Str, 120 Int, 100 Agi, 17 Dex, 90 Vit, 77 Luk

You don't need any hit on a Hindsight Sorcerer, but if you plan on using Spellfist a lot you might want to figure a lot of crit into your build (if you still plan on low dex).

+12 Mad Bunny Special gives 10 crit, a +7 Critical Shadow Armor gives 10, Buche de Noel gives 10 crit, and 25 crit with 77 luk; thats 55 Crit right there. Tendrillion Card gives 15... XD If you are desperate you could also use abrasives.

From irowiki:

Wow looks like the weapon matk is making a big difference there. That was a fresh egg too?

Hello there.

I had a hindsight aspd scholar before I reseted him at recent Christmas santa reset . I already forget what my stats are. But i am sure that my dex was only 1.

When i leveled my shcolar in juno, killing harpy, hindsight skill wont procs due to my hit keep missed. 

So, my thought on hindsight sorc should have higher dex to hit higher flee mobs? 

While on the other hand, spell fist sorc works differently from hindsight sorc, as they don't need dex at all

I am not sure my argument is valid or not. could someone please explain on this? 

So, what is the best stat for hindsight sorc?

str 1?

agi? int? dex 120? vit?

After reading this thread, it makes me wanna play back my hindsight scholar again

Please assist me

Thank you

#44 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Basically, Hindsight doesn't need to hit enemy to proc. Even when your melee attack missed, the bolt still can rain down. But you won't kill anything fast enough using Hindsight only, unless you have Sage Spirit on you. HS Sorc needs another source of auto cast gears, like CD and Evilspirit Glove. Those gears that need you to hit enemy to proc.

What make HS Sorc interesting is you can have different builds that work fine. On my Sorc, I put 80 DEX so I have enough hit and cast reduc as I don't have much cast reduction gears. Or you can try Scuba's build that has small DEX but high crit to hit enemy. High AGI is a must as you need max ASPD to rain down all magic you have. 120 INT for your damage source.

Scuba's build is very good when fighting high flee enemy as Crit ignore flee. I do have difficulty to hit the likes, like Mystletain on dragon helm quest (have to Spell Fist him). But Crit gear can be expensive (like +12 MBS). If you still Scholar, you can use Encyclopedia as subtitute tho.

#45 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

Would also like to share, you can try using your +12/14 GSOD with NCT owl combo then watch your battle sorc proc safety wall :) It's fun!

#46 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

based on the description, the combo procs level 1 LoV, not maxed level LoV. So, Safety wall wont proc since it needs level 10 LoV.

#47 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

based on the description, the combo procs level 1 LoV, not maxed level LoV. So, Safety wall wont proc since it needs level 10 LoV.

Strangely enough, it procs on lvl 1 Storm Gust, despite the descrition.

#48 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

it procs at lvl one, read this thread late but it procs 100%, even with autocast MS from Ifrit Mask and Lion model hat procs it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users