Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - January - The Compass Rose - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - January

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Starting in January, we'll be holding a monthly Q&A with our developers over at headquarters in Korea!

Here's how it works:

We'll set up a thread just like this one, and you give us any questions you'd want them to answer! It could be questions about the game, about them, about what's new, just about anything! Then, during one episode of Boxing the Compass per month, we'll choose 5-10 of those questions to answer for you.

Our first Developer Q&A will be in January and we are taking your questions right here, right now!

Give us all you got, and stay tuned for next month's live stream show!

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

Will they revamp the enchantment system for Mora? As it stands it sucks.

I would like to flesh this out a little more so.

As it stands, the system sucks. There are many reasons for why it does, but let us go into the specifics.

Dialogue
The dialogue is less than friendly on your physche, it forces you to make proper decisions and movements that do NOT fit something that is currently horrifyingly RNG based. People moaned about the investment systems dialogue, try repeating Moras thousands of times over.

Enchants
The enchants are tediously difficult to obtain and in more ways than one just unpleasant to deal with.
For example, look at critical enchants. The first slot can have 4 chances at LUK, 3 chances at STR, one chance at CRIT, once chance at Sharp.
Now assuming you are after critical enchants for the crit, you have a 2 in 9 chance to get what you are aiming for directly, 4 in 9 chance to get something partially useful and 3 in 9 to get something completely useless for crit.
Now I have tossed in approximately 9000+ coins in my time, and I know others who have done a whole lot more. It is just terrible. In 9000 coins I made 3 suits, and bought 2 others from someone else just so I can have a good amount of CRIT from my armor.
I probably spent half of those coins just trying to get a Sharp1 in the first slot. The chance is that horric.
Each time I enchanted the first slot, I would look at the enchant, confirm if it was the right one, if it wasn't, re-equip the item to reset it just to re-equip the item to try again.
God help me if I got Sharp1, the next enchant would often reset it or give it STR because why not, I am after CRIT so of course getting STR is just awesome.
So let's say I make this suit finally, the next obvious course for me would be to upgrade it seeing as I am a Ranger and would love the ranged damage bonus. But wait, do I really wanna leave this suit (with literally hours of time and hundreds of millions of zeny to craft) subject to RNG? No.
So let's bring in an enriched hammer, safe certs, w/e works to get it to the threshold.
Fact is, the one major issue I had with safe certs was the Mora enchanting process. It is so horrible atm that it merits needing those items simply to not lose ones mind to rage.

So why not do something like so?

Get the update for this:

☐ Mora Enchantment Updated: When any equipment of mora has only 1 enchantment, the enchantment can be reset. (Oct 28th, 2015)

Then have the following subsets as choices (1 in 3 chance (or 1 in 4 for the Assist)):

Type - Slot 1 - Slot2 -  Slot3
Strength - VIT3,HP500,DEF9 - VIT4,HP500,DEF12 - VIT5,HP500,DEF12
Attack - STR3,ATK3,FS3 - STR4,ATK3,FS4 - STR5,ATK3,FS6
Spell - INT3,SPELL2 - INT4,SPELL3 - INT5,SPELL4
Ranged - DEX3,EA2 - DEX4,EA3 - DEX5,EA5
Critical - LUK3,CRIT5,Sharp1 - LUK4,CRIT7,Sharp2 - LUK5,CRIT7,Sharp3
Assist - HP200,SP100,DEF9,MDEF4 - HP300,SP150,DEF12,MDEF6 - HP300,SP150,DEF12,MDEF9
Evasion - AGI3,EVA3 - AGI4,EVA6 - AGI5,EVA12

I know there are others but these are just the basics.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 13 December 2016 - 06:31 PM.

#3 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

Donde esta el WoE Revitalization?

Where is the Woe Revitalization?

你他媽的WoE Revitalization跑哪去了?

WoE Revitalization 어디에?

WoE Revitalizationがどこですか?

#4 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

anything on kro working on a special client/server build for classic? :questionmark:  :ph34r:

#5 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

Will they revamp the enchantment system for Mora? As it stands it sucks.

I would like to flesh this out a little more so...

Wow, appreciate the level of detail! Thank you!

Good questions so far, everybody. Keep them coming  :p_hi:

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

So, I don't want to sound like a debbie downer but... I assume this is only relevant toward renewal? 

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

Are there any plans to add new leveling areas for 100+, particularly expansions of Jotunheim and Alfheim fields and dungeons? Not everyone likes instances.

#8 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

So, I don't want to sound like a debbie downer but... I assume this is only relevant toward renewal? 

Not necessarily! You can ask any question pertaining to any of our servers.

#9 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

We still have so much bug for Ninja/Kagerou/Oboro skills (Flip Tatami doesn't block ranged attack, Charm doesn't affect 2nd and 3rd tier magic, Kunai Splash ranged formula). When will we have those fixes?

Are there any plans to add new leveling areas for 100+, particularly expansions of Jotunheim and Alfheim fields and dungeons? Not everyone likes instances.

+1
And please don't say Rockridge. More new town, field, and normal dungeon on the upcoming episodes please.

#10 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

malangdo enchant update, when will they send it?

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

any chance cards from this following contents to be made?:
brasilis
moscovia
satan morroc and his incarnations
woe te guild dungeon

#12 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:09 AM

My question is: Is possible get full 3d update like ROxd? that really will be sweet.

Edited by Ucatolica, 15 December 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#13 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

1. The new remodeling of Prontera that was introduced in 16.1 was removed recently on kRO, what was the reason for it's removal? Will other servers ever get to see it's implementation?
  2. Is there any chance of other official servers receiving the new Prontera design, despite the removal on kRO?
  3. If there was an interest in updating Prontera's aesthetics, why wasn't the models and textures that were used for the Hall of Abyss Valkyrie chosen? They are faithful recreations of Prontera's looks.
  4. This week on kRO a update to the marriage system was put in to allow the marriage between Human & Dorams. Is there really no plan to ever implement or allow iRO to implement same sex marriages?

Edited by Toxn, 01 January 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#14 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

When will the next job class for Soul Linkers and Star Gladiators be release?

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

1. The new remodeling of Prontera that was introduced in 16.1 was removed recently on kRO, what was the reason for it's removal? Will other servers ever get to see it's implementation?
  2. This week on kRO a update to the marriage system was put in to allow the marriage between Human & Dorams. Is there really no plan to ever implement or allow iRO to implement same sex marriages?

The new Prontera town was implemented along with a poll on their forums to ask whether the community liked the new design or preferred the old one.

#16 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

Are you going to release Nightmare Old Glast heim in IRO this January 2017?

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Can we get final confirmation as to whether or not a Mechanic who job changed after reaching 99/70 as a mastersmith retains the job bonus to upgrade weapon? 

#18 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

Will there be an implementation of the white owl pet for rangers?

#19 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

When we will have a balance for PVP/WOE? Do you guys know how bad some cash shop/episode items are hurting your own game?

#20 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Can you also have an english translation for kRO servers and open it to the international community coz there is so much filtered updates here on iRO and i want to play the game the way kRO does.Though iRO has already Classic servers for players who dont want those changes, renewal is still being filtered

#21 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

Hello. I would like about all the skills and status formulas in the game, if the information is ok to be released in public.

#22 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

Which updates will come for iRO in 2017?

#23 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

Is it possible to remove the experience point penalty when players kill monsters that are above them by 12 levels and higher?

#24 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:49 AM

Is there any possibility of making Spell fist and hindsight work together in some way? Currently there are issues on many levels: 

-too fast cast speed makes it impossible to use spell fist in the first place 

-the way spell fist is applied is horrible anyways 

-even after transition to sorcerer player does not gain access to new skill procs via hindsight.

-aftercast delay on bolts makes it impossible to use other skills in the middle of attacking, which was supposed to be the strong point of free cast

-with the renewal changes in matk skills which were already underwhelming took a heavy, unnecesary hit making pre-sorcerer skills pretty much worthless

It's kinda annoying that Sorcerer feels more liek a standalone class which has little to do with Sage.

By the way, is there any possibility of summons receiving AI system like homunculus?

Edited by asperatus, 27 December 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#25 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Could iRO have more opportunities to create equipment for the game? With greater control?

One of the biggest issues of making proposals to kRO is that the intended purpose they have, rather than trying to stay within its scope, end up pigeonholed into undesired directions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users