whats up with the santa poring spawn rate? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

whats up with the santa poring spawn rate?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reysosa

reysosa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:19 AM

Hi midgardians,whats up watt the santa poring spawn rate? last year it respawn faster amd it was in more places,now it seem it appears in only one place.

Merry christmas to all.

Greetings Soterney

#2 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

It spawns in at least 3 places I have seen but the spawn rate does appear to be pretty low. I usually channel hop until I find one alive. If none are up I go check a different location, and repeat ch hop.

You can also try asking in public chat if anyone has seen a santa poring alive. Sometimes they don't troll you and actually give real spawn locations.

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:58 PM

So basically what happened was that the old devs didn't really keep good notes on where they filed the old event spawn tables. As a result, this year Njoror had to make up places randomly which is why it's a bit different from before and why there are fewer spawns. These things happen during transitional times, but at least you can think of it as a nice Hide and Seek instead of last time where they were just everywhere.

#4 reysosa

reysosa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the replys.

Salutes Soterney

#5 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

So basically what happened was that the old devs didn't really keep good notes on where they filed the old event spawn tables. As a result, this year Njoror had to make up places randomly which is why it's a bit different from before and why there are fewer spawns. These things happen during transitional times, but at least you can think of it as a nice Hide and Seek instead of last time where they were just everywhere.

Yep, and by "good notes", it's more like non-existent notes.

In testing, we found we couldn't figure out the trigger for those spawns. Typically, they're all lumped into the same trigger for holiday events, though sometimes item drops are triggered by the same settings as happy hour boxes.

We had to make due and I plotted a bunch of new spawn points for Santa Poring and Stormy Knight the week before we launched so it would work and people wouldn't be stuck in daily quest limbo.

#6 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

It is what it is. It works.  :archer: 

It's not like Miracle drops from 3 years ago.

Santa Poring & Stormy knight

exist in multiple places, and all

channels. I can always find 'em.

Thanks for making it work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users