Njoror Njotes: December 19, 2016 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Njoror Njotes: December 19, 2016

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Njoror Njotes

December 19, 2016

What's up

• Yule Boost and Boxes
    • We're putting in a 500% EXP and special Yule Gift Box drop that follows Happy Hour Box rules. It'll run from December 19, 2016 - January 4, 2017.
  • Winter Wondersale
    • We'll be listing a ton of items, and new items, at a discount for the same period as Yule Boost and Box to tide everyone over for the holidays
  • Phantom Pyramid
    • We're updating the phantom pyramid today with a new top tier item that will be Yule-themed
  • Point Conversion Event
    • ​We'll be having a point conversion bonus event that will be running from December 19, 2016 - January 4, 2017 for Warpportal and Steam players. Keep an eye out for the details to get some more points for those purchasing Warpportal Energy.

What's Next

• Card Refinement Update
    • We're getting closer to the card refinement update, still aiming for a December 28 release (we had to move it back to Wednesday because we're on holiday next Monday)
    • It requres a slight UI tweak, so we had some more art assets being made for that
    • We're also working on a Menu button to go in so you can reinforce your cards on-the-go like equipment refinement. This may or may not go in early, depends on if its ready.
  • Seedrune Update
    • We think we've settled on new rates
    • We're going to be testing new drops in master level zones for mystery chests
    • We're looking at better rates for defective seedrunes
  • Guild Skill: Siege Weaponry
    • This probably wont make it until January
    • We are working on a self-destruct for incomplete siege weaponry
    • There will be a new siege vendor weapon that will be a hammer to one-shot your own guild's siege weaponry so you can redo siege placement if you've hit the cap.
    • We're going to expand the radius siege can be placed next to each other
    • We're messing with how many siege per tier should be allowed right now and haven't settled on it. We're playing with 20/40/60/80/100, 10/20/30/40/50, or even 5/10/15/20/25.
    • We're also looking at the possibility of tweaking the siege power if we're going to limit the amount guilds can use. The idea is that siege should be situational and substantial to the battlefield, not spammed endlessly and have players jump between them so often.
  • Q1 2017
    • Going to be filled with a bunch of PvP updates and more balancing (though probably a bigger focus on the master level difficulty and streamlining that)
    • We want to balance the PvP zones separately from PvE so that PvE scaling of gear (new gear) doesn't cause the stat creep and class imbalance issues its caused in PvP
    • We're also looking at new PvP gear and equipment we can roll out to assist in that separation

Feel free to ask your questions!

#2 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

*Intrigued* :archer:

(I look forward to seeing how this all turns out)

Any new costume/glasses for Myunel yet?

Edited by Maxscha, 19 December 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#3 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hey @njoror, i've a question:

You know, i've been playing RO2 for years for i liked RO1 and also, in RO2 you have lots of different costumes but now, if you want the highest strenght in PVE and PVP, you must wear swagg/kafra. I'm wondering wether you think about a new system to update "carbon slot costumes" so as not to be compelled to wear kaffra/swagg.

PS: Njoror's notes is a good method to let people know concerning the new content.

Edited by Sowlemia, 19 December 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#4 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Are you seriously considering 25 sieges only? It seems way too few, 100 sieges for 100 members guild seem to be a sweet spot to me. And I'm a bit worried with what tweaks you have in mind for the sieges, they look fine as they are now to me. Only the battering Ram needs to be updated. Do you plan on doing anything to the Barricade? If it's not available to be used, why not remove it from the vendor?

#5 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

And thanks for the EXP boost event, those are always welcomed to take. And the yule box too, of course, whatever it contains inside.

#6 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

We're trying to see how probable that is for 2017, but right now our art support is focused on the new asset creation for Niflheim and a couple other things. We know new cosmetics is a big attraction, but we also know Niflheim is important.

Hey @njoror, i've a question:

You know, i've been playing RO2 for years for i liked RO1 and also, in RO2 you have lots of different costumes but now, if you want the highest strenght in PVE and PVP, you must wear swagg/kafra. I'm wondering wether you think about a new system to update "carbon slot costumes" so as not to be compelled to wear kaffra/swagg.

PS: Njoror's notes is a good method to let people know concerning the new content.

We're considering that now because we are sort of handcuffed to the Swag/Kafra design that was given to us by the prior team.

We've tossed around possible ideas of duplicating the existing cosmetic items, but with purple runeholes, and making it available through the new fusion system. We're also playing around with other ideas. All of these would require some time (imagine duplicating all existing cosmetic items and all their runehole versions, for example) but we're going to look at solutions to this in Q1 of 2017 as we start to address more PvP balance concerns.

Are you seriously considering 25 sieges only? It seems way too few, 100 sieges for 100 members guild seem to be a sweet spot to me. And I'm a bit worried with what tweaks you have in mind for the sieges, they look fine as they are now to me. Only the battering Ram needs to be updated. Do you plan on doing anything to the Barricade? If it's not available to be used, why not remove it from the vendor?

Seriously? I don't know if 25 siege is ideal. I think maybe the Goldilocks zone right now will be the 50 siege capacity.

We're also working on all the listed changes, as well, and we might find something new in testing.

We do know siege take up a lot of framerate capital on the map, and we'd prefer a system where they are more situational than spammed and available to jump in and out of.

#7 paulsalazar3

paulsalazar3

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:32 PM

@njoror you guys can make swag/kafra (cannot destroy) item? for safety purposes XD and to avoid trouble for players too :) and for you guys as well 

#8 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

We're trying to see how probable that is for 2017, but right now our art support is focused on the new asset creation for Niflheim and a couple other things. We know new cosmetics is a big attraction, but we also know Niflheim is important.

Don't worry about making NEW costume items while your art team is otherwise occupied.

I appreciate that they are busy. Just revisit various old items, like the Craftsman Glasses?

Alot of the 'Old Stuff' is now potentially new to many players, & possibly missed by some old players?

Just a suggestion; variety is nice, and doesn't have to be completely new to be welcome...

#9 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Earth

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

*prepares a ton of Chance Coupon*

#10 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

@njoror

I do hope, by duplicating, you do not mean to create other versions of normal costumes for if you do that, it's like stabbing us with a knife. You do give a new fusion system, so we spend Zeny in fusion to get 3s costumes but after that you say "oh sorry they'll be useless for there are new versions".

So i do really hope you won't do that, but if you decide to, you'd better tell us right away in order not to make us spend Zeny or KP¨for nothing.

We spent a lot for carbon slot costumes with the old and new system, BE FAIR, DO NOT stab us, i know WP need money but that's not a reason, 

PS: if i misunderstood what you said then do not take care of what i've just said hehe.

Edited by Sowlemia, 19 December 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#11 Artsy357

Artsy357

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

Don't worry about making NEW costume items while your art team is otherwise occupied.

I appreciate that they are busy. Just revisit various old items, like the Craftsman Glasses?

Alot of the 'Old Stuff' is now potentially new to many players, & possibly missed by some old players?

Just a suggestion; variety is nice, and doesn't have to be completely new to be welcome...

I remember it being Lollipop for a time, as well as Nerd Glasses, Shiny Jewel... I forget the rest xD But revisiting old ones would be nice. It's been those spinny glasses for months now!

#12 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

@njoror

I do hope, by duplicating, you do not mean to create other versions of normal costumes for if you do that, it's like stabbing us with a knife. You do give a new fusion system, so we spend Zeny in fusion to get 3s costumes but after that you say "oh sorry they'll be useless for there are new versions".

So i do really hope you won't do that, but if you decide to, you'd better tell us right away in order not to make us spend Zeny or KP¨for nothing.

We spent a lot for carbon slot costumes with the old and new system, BE FAIR, DO NOT stab us, i know WP need money but that's not a reason, 

PS: if i misunderstood what you said then do not take care of what i've just said hehe.

Nothing has been decided, and we do involve the player perspective and how it could affect those in existence into account for these sort of things.

#13 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

@njoror

Well i do hope you won't do that cause if you do that it's like saying "hey players, we give you a new fusion system, it's cheap but hey hey, soon your costumes will all be useless but for now, spend more and more"

i understand gravity messed up things, but as WP, you took over control, please don't make the same mistakes, players are not the ones to blame.

For instance, if you create a new "fusion tablet" that transforms carbon to purple slots, in that way, it's a small step to improve our costumes without spending a lot and everyone is happy.

Edited by Sowlemia, 19 December 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#14 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

@njoror

Well i do hope you won't do that cause if you do that it's like saying "hey players, we give you a new fusion system, it's cheap but hey hey, soon your costumes will all be useless but for now, spend more and more"

i understand gravity messed up things, but as WP, you took over control, please don't make the same mistakes, players are not the ones to blame.

For instance, if you create a new "fusion tablet" that transforms carbon to purple slots, in that way, it's a small step to improve our costumes without spending a lot and everyone is happy.

Do you mean a new charm, or whole new tablet?

I'd think we'd keep the current Cosmetic Fusion Tablet if we ever did a change like that so that those who purchased the new ones wouldn't feel left out.

#15 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

I mean that for instance, so as not to lose current 3 slot costumes, if you want to introduce purple slot costumes in game, what you can do is create a new "charm tablet" such as appearence or others whose role would be to change carbon slots to purple slots. With this method, everyone will be happy for normal costumes won't be useless.

#16 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Earth

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

I mean that for instance, so as not to lose current 3 slot costumes, if you want to introduce purple slot costumes in game, what you can do is create a new "charm tablet" such as appearence or others whose role would be to change carbon slots to purple slots. With this method, everyone will be happy for normal costumes won't be useless.

This is one of the greatest ideas I've ever seen

#17 D0ppelganger

D0ppelganger

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

@njoror

i really don't know what to say about these, but 25 or 50 siege per guild?? really? its like killing the strategy.. you are promoting more guild member is more stronger.. so no more good strategy for other guild who have few members.

WOE is about battle strategy its different from normal PVP.

when WOE even if the Guild has a few member (50 vs 100) but full of strategy they cannot just penetrate that 50 players

just imagine this 50 wise players w/ pro siege user vs 100player (no strategy plans) 

#18 7843140731162112220

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

25 siege for all, no different between guild without nothing to defense - all offense, guild with 1 property only to defense and guild with 2 or more property to defense. This will just give advantage to offense guild without anything to defense against because can allocate all siege for 1 purpose only.
Nice move and well played.

#19 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

I'd even go as far as to say 3/6/9/12/15 siege. I've never liked siege since it takes away from PvP with mass AoE spam, also to note is that it induces lag which is why they're spammed everywhere inside forts, and that defending is SO MUCH STRONGER than offense especially when you also put the guardian leader into play.Defending players have a steady stream of returning players since they can warp back in instantly when they die (a 1 minute WoE sickness for punishing death would be great here), and they have the guardian leader. Sidenote, you can't receive healing or move inside a protection statue so pushing offense against siege with one is extremely difficult.

I would also still very much like Pront/Morocc to be split into different times. I've thought it was stupid for so long that guilds bounce between maps engaging in 2 different wars and recalling between them - honestly a guild shouldn't be allowed to take both maps through cheesy recall strats and people who lie dormant ready to pass recall. If all guilds are focused on one map at a time, you'd get more interesting PvP engagements and map status changes than what is currently happening with people sitting on "their map" and taking shots every time recall is on cooldown.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 20 December 2016 - 01:57 AM.

#20 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

25 sieges only is rather pathetic, hiders would kill all working or built sieges quickly (or anyone...) and WOE will become more of pvp combat instead of working with sieges. At some point players would only built very occasionally sieges because what's the use of building sieges if we know it's going to get destroyed in the few minutes or seconds to come?

The same can happen with 50 sieges only.

To me the main idea behind building many sieges is to make sure the defending guild has quickly siege options to jump into if one gets destroyed. I think 100 sieges cap makes both tactics valid for the attacking and the defending guild (destroying sieges to demoralize building more and render pointless the built sieges, building a lot to demoralize from destroying and as a prevention).

On the other hand, I assess not more than 50 sieges are built at any point of the game while defending for example a Morroc fort or the castle, but if a guild owns more properties they can become significantly impaired at defending all. It's hard to make correct assumptions with high certainty, I still think 100 sieges per guild is a much better cap for the game: 1 player, 1 siege.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 21 December 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#21 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

I'd even go as far as to say 3/6/9/12/15 siege. I've never liked siege since it takes away from PvP with mass AoE spam, also to note is that it induces lag which is why they're spammed everywhere inside forts, and that defending is SO MUCH STRONGER than offense especially when you also put the guardian leader into play.

To me WOE is a lot about sieges too, if WP nerfs as down as 25 or 15 sieges it'll castrate that aspect of the game irreversibly. If you want to PvP do it in Colosseum, Jehoon, duels or skirmishes in WOE maps outside of WOE times. There are plenty of options for PVP.

WOE is a different type of PVP, is more GVG focused and it's a war where sieges should take their rightful place. Reducing to 100 cap will already improve greatly the framerate issue of endless unbuilt sieges.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 21 December 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#22 Rykum

Rykum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

I know that you are really working on getting seedrunes, card refinement and WOE/PvP done quickly (that's what we can define "end game" and I would like to see it too), but I want to know if there is any progress (or a design) on PvE and I'm thinking mainly on the gap between Osiris Tomb and Dark Whisper Fortress because that's when many players get bored of playing (outside exp boosts).

And about costumes and seedrunes... I don't really have anything useful to add but I'm worried how this two will turn out. I know that many worked hard on getting 3 slotted costumes and getting swag/kafra for purple seedrunes,but... isn't there too much "power" in them? I don't mind this on PvE, but PvP is a different story.

#23 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

I know that you are really working on getting seedrunes, card refinement and WOE/PvP done quickly (that's what we can define "end game" and I would like to see it too), but I want to know if there is any progress (or a design) on PvE and I'm thinking mainly on the gap between Osiris Tomb and Dark Whisper Fortress because that's when many players get bored of playing (outside exp boosts).

And about costumes and seedrunes... I don't really have anything useful to add but I'm worried how this two will turn out. I know that many worked hard on getting 3 slotted costumes and getting swag/kafra for purple seedrunes,but... isn't there too much "power" in them? I don't mind this on PvE, but PvP is a different story.

We don't really get anything done quickly. We don't like to rush things and have to mop them up after, that causes more work and hurts the player.

But yes, leveling imbalance is on our list of to-do for the first half of 2017. We want to get it righted before we introduce Niflheim. I can't say for certainty where it'll land, but expect a less group-only leveling, more incentive for zones, and other features we can add in. We aren't restricted on ideas, just the bodies to make them a reality.

#24 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

All of these would require some time (imagine duplicating all existing cosmetic items and all their runehole versions, for example) 

lel

#25 squaremusics

squaremusics

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationIndonesia - Jogja

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

• Q1 2017
    • Going to be filled with a bunch of PvP updates and more balancing (though probably a bigger focus on the master level difficulty and streamlining that)
    • We want to balance the PvP zones separately from PvE so that PvE scaling of gear (new gear) doesn't cause the stat creep and class imbalance issues its caused in PvP
    • We're also looking at new PvP gear and equipment we can roll out to assist in that separation

I hope there's update for Rangers too. As on late Njoror Njotes, I've posted about it to suggestion and feedback, but well .. no hope, since no one seems reading, replied or interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users