Classic December 22nd Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic December 22nd Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Classic is open.

#27 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Ok cool, just checking. I remember it being a big thing last go around and couldnt log on to check my timers, so assumed that it would be a thing this time too.

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

Ok cool, just checking. I remember it being a big thing last go around and couldnt log on to check my timers, so assumed that it would be a thing this time too.

That was due to the 2014 not using a timer. We did a timer in 2015 to future proof against such mistakes.

#29 8336121126120323393

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

hi,

how do i make the triple poring hat? I've talk to Frank in morroc and he doesn't give me a quest? Do i need to be VIP to access this content?

#30 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

If I remember correctly, the stat reset option was added to santa when you reset everyone's Santa history and his stay was extended.  Having the seal reset option available for longer didn't make sense so you replaced it with stat reset for the second week.  The original Santa offered Item Bag, Skill reset, Seal reset.  Right?

#31 8336121126120323393

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:59 PM

how do i talk to frank in morroc? he doesnt reply anything on "i want to make hat" option? do i need VIP access?

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

how do i talk to frank in morroc? he doesnt reply anything on "i want to make hat" option? do i need VIP access?

You need to obtain a certificate. I think Ozzalia should type up a better guide to the system. You can get the certificates randomly from treasure caches.

#33 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:08 PM

any update on the mid tier box testing?NOPE

will santa be properly reset, and have the "reset seals" option? or will we be getting the reset stats / skills santa from last year?NO SEAL RESETS FOR REAL!?!?!?

what holiday quest line did we get? where do we start it? what is the reward????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

did we look at the mvp drop tables in respect to bronze key drops? any news?NOPE, ANNNNND NOPE.

ya kno, i get that there's a lot to do.... but i swear, i only ask things that are important. as an example..... more than three months ago we were told "next week we are adding this here treasure system" i had pointed out what needed to be discussed at that time. and more than a few other times. discussion, planing, and evaluating the workload required.... these things move us forward. silence? that's just a big middle finger to those of us who are left who even care. 

so i'll try again......

what holiday quest line did we get?

where do we start it?

what is the reward?

has there even been internal talk on what the mid tier box will/might look like?  

do you realize that those of us who still think it could be good are all waiting on the high tier boxes?

we were told a week ago the mvp drop table was being looked at.... can we at least get a "we didnt figure it out yet", "this and this are messing with us", or the more likely "its the holidays, were planing on focusing on that [insert year here]"

how are we supposed to reset seal quests now? the tooth fairy npc? (not an actual npc, just a haha) but for real, how?

Lxst isn't a happy sin-x this year :p_sad:

Edited by lxst, 22 December 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

ya kno, i get that there's a lot to do.... but i swear, i only ask things that are important. as an example..... more than three months ago we were told "next week we are adding this here treasure system" i had pointed out what needed to be discussed at that time. and more than a few other times. discussion, planing, and evaluating the workload required.... these things move us forward. silence? that's just a big middle finger to those of us who are left who even care. 

so i'll try again......

what holiday quest line did we get?
where do we start it?
what is the reward?

has there even been internal talk on what the mid tier box will/might look like?  
do you realize that those of us who still think it could be good are all waiting on the high tier boxes?
we were told a week ago the mvp drop table was being looked at.... can we at least get a "we didnt figure it out yet", "this and this are messing with us", or the more likely "its the holidays, were planing on focusing on that [insert year here]"

how are we supposed to reset seal quests now? the tooth fairy npc? (not an actual npc, just a haha) but for real, how?

Lxst isn't a happy sin-x this year :p_sad:

• Christmas Quest begins at xmas 142 133
    • Cat Santa Hat Reward
Update
  • Fixing MVP Drop Tables

#35 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

Once we have more solid details on how the boxes look when the leave internal testing we will let you know.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:50 PM

No seal reset? I don't even play now but I see so many people asking and not getting answers.

Is there a reason the god renewer is turned off? You don't want people to PVM over the holiday season as well as not WoE?

If I sound cranky, that's because I don't want to be messaged by 50 people because there's something guild related that is stupid with RO. Like not being able to renew god items when they want to level characters. Or reset characters when there's a precedent for it.

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#37 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

So, according to this old thread, red fabric can be gotten from the myst cases where Santa helper would warp me. https://forums.warpp...as-event-quest/

I've killed a lot of mobs there and certainly did not get any red fabric.  Am I looking at the wrong place or did you guys forget to put it as loot again? :x

Edited by teresias, 22 December 2016 - 11:00 PM.

#38 pushbackk

pushbackk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Just when people were expecting seal reset from santa, and now no seal reset option? smh

Cat Santa Hat and Triple Poring Hat as event headgears? like really? people have plenty of those already.

No wonder classic is such a fun server.  :p_sad:

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

So, according to this old thread, red fabric can be gotten from the myst cases where Santa helper would warp me. https://forums.warpp...as-event-quest/

I've killed a lot of mobs there and certainly did not get any red fabric.  Am I looking at the wrong place or did you guys forget to put it as loot again? :x

Is there a reason the god renewer is turned off? You don't want people to PVM over the holiday season as well as not WoE?

I have queued the server up for a restart tomorrow to fix both issues. The changes are already applied to the zones I just need to cycle everything to fix it.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:39 AM

And about the resets?

#41 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:52 AM

Its been over an year I last played...I think...But I want to know if the prontera seats are sittable during snow.

I must know.

#42 Giafone

Giafone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:32 AM

<Removed>

a conversation from me and a friend...

honestly at that point GM u won kill the server already so noonne wastes money in it anymore....

VModCinnamon:
Hello! You may share your input on the latest events but kindly do it in a nicer language! Thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 December 2016 - 10:14 PM.
Removed portion of post.

#43 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

The Bronze Keys are dropping now which is cool, opening a box and getting 28 Yellow Potions is not. If you're going to replace Ygg Berries with Keys you should probably have the boxes drop something of equivalent value. It would be really cool to get some useful Kafra consumables in low amounts with rare chances to get stuff like Gum or Manuals. Also kind of frustrated that they're account bound, I get that this prevents botting and other various exploits, but not being able to trade them to the people you're doing stuff with sucks as your DPS character is always going to end up with them.

#44 NaruShinjo

NaruShinjo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

I'm confused on the direction that the cache system is heading.

The lower tier items seemed like a good idea for newbie players, but MVPs are not for newbies. 

#45 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

I think MVPs and long quests such as the Sign, Cursed Abbey quest, etc, should be giving at least mid level silver keys. 

#46 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

I assume that this is what they're working towards, but it doesnt seem like it should take multiple months to get this system implemented properly. I understand that we're in the middle of the holidays right now, but when you get back into the office can you at least pretend to care for a week and finish off one of your projects?

#47 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

Restart complete. Godly Rental NPC has return. Some mystcases (Event version) on xmas_fild01.gat will start dropping the red fabric at a 78% chance.

#48 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Restart complete. Godly Rental NPC has return. Some mystcases (Event version) on xmas_fild01.gat will start dropping the red fabric at a 78% chance.

Was able to get red fabric now. Thanks Campitor and Merry Christmas to you.

#49 MrWhisp

MrWhisp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChicago, USA
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

I have got some problems with Christmas quests:

Santa in Prontera - I have got presents from Santa last year, and I got them this year as well, Thank you ! But a friend of mine have also got presents last year, but now he cannot - Santa says to come tomorrow. For me, after I got the present, Santa propose a warp.

Christmas Quest at 142 133 - I have made the quest with one character without any problems, but I cannot start it with another one - the dialog simply does not starts. Could it be because of some entries in the quests log from older events ?

Merry Christmas to everyone !)

#50 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Can you elaborate on the Woe damage reduction please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users