Newbie Guide* | New to RO2, need some help how to start the game. - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Newbie Guide* | New to RO2, need some help how to start the game.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johnathanlim

johnathanlim

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Hi everyone!

I stopped playing RO2 for almost 2 years due to some reason, but I decided to comeback to try it again. Need some guides and help on it.

For what I know from last time playing RO2, the only way to level up is grind quest and mobs. Is there any changes till now after 2 years?

Another question is I do remember around every 5 - 10 levels there will be a HUGE BOSS spawn in some certain area that drops random classes weapon or gear. I recall back 2 years ago it is important to keep grind that boss until I get the weapon to further up my level grinding in other maps. It is still a must to do that? Because it is pain in the ass, for what i remember you require a party to do that, you can't really do it alone.

So my question here is how is the server going on now? How should I start all over again? 

Thanks! :p_laugh:

#2 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

I don't think it was ever a must to do that...

Spoiler

The game is still populated; the time of day & the channel will vary where the populated zones are.

Following the quest guarantees gear upgrades. AH can have gear for sale also; maybe fairly priced.

To level up to 50, I recommend just asking for help when you hit a boss/dungeon and you can't solo.

Ask in Pub /1 (you have to be lvl+15 to talk in pub chat), and hope someone answers. Pls Don't Spam.

You can also make a post in N (party finder) listing the dungeon you need help with and state 'Help'...

Help may not be immediately available, but if posted in N, you will typically get a response, be patient.

Be sure to save time by entering the dungeon after inviting them, so they can be teleported/warped.

There is usually a nice high level player who can spare a few minutes to help you, However, it can be

harder to find help during the Yule/Happy Hour Box farming times (2-4:00, 8-10:00, 14-16:00, & 20-22:00).

If I am online,  I often help polite non-spammed requests in pub/N. Lots of us do! We understand that

helping you to level up means that we will have more people to play with when Niffelheim comes out!

Welcome Back & Cheers!

Edited by Maxscha, 27 December 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#3 johnathanlim

johnathanlim

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the reply!

A little things I don't really get it, sorry if the question is stupid. 

What is the meaning of this that you written.

" Be sure to save time by entering the dungeon after inviting them, so they can be teleported/warped. "

#4 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Earth

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

Adding her statement, you have two options:

Nostalgia/Normal Leveling State: Follow Questline and be nostalgic about the same Eremes Guile and the same plot again. Follow all quest and ask for help for Dungeon Bosses.

OR...

Fast Leveling (If you want to explore what's in it after 2 years): Grind mobs, skip quests, only ask for help at Fortress of Sandstorm to ensure you get the gears for your test after Lvl 50 (I assume you have changed class)

Anyway, after this re-leveling stuff, whats not hot in 2 years ago is the level extension called Master Level. But basically its just grind and grind and grind XD (Although yes, there are some new content, but you still need to grind excessively to get to them).

More things to notice: Zenny got inflated a lot from 2 yrs ago. CoA onwards have their mobs and bosses ATK and HP increased by 200% if Im not mistaken so now you will need more people (and more power ofc) to beat these bosses.

Anyway, welcome back and have fun!

#5 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reply!

A little things I don't really get it, sorry if the question is stupid. 

What is the meaning of this that you written.

" Be sure to save time by entering the dungeon after inviting them, so they can be teleported/warped. "

The party leader is the one that can enter the dungeon and  create the instance so other members can enter. The statment above means that when you add someone to the party and are ready to go you enter the dungeon and the members get a warp button on the bottom right side of the screen instead of walking all the way to the dungeon by themselves.

#6 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Earth

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:36 AM

The party leader is the one that can enter the dungeon and create the instance so other members can enter. The statment above means that when you add someone to the party and are ready to go you enter the dungeon and the members get a warp button on the bottom right side of the screen instead of walking all the way to the dungeon by themselves.

And they can't enter through the warp/walking if you are in combat mode there. Thats why its better to wait til everyone is in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users