Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:43 AM

Remove the notice flashing orange colour on the Rose Online logo on the hotbar of the desktop. This notice function happends when you get a Whispers/Trades/Etc on a character you have online. From what I understand, when you are suspected to be botting. A GM will whisper you, this will activte the Orange flashing light. If a person is botting usally they don't watch the screen. They can be watching a movie/serie, playing on another char or another game. When they see this notice, they just ''jump'' on the character and answer the whisper and it will look like they are active.

Please remove this notice function to caught more botters if this is how the GM handles the botting. 

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

An interesting proposition, but my personal stance that changes to the quality of life functions of ROSE in an effort to punish those who break the rules being favored over those who genuinely use the media as intended is wrong, I'd have to say no. If anything, a GM should have the ability to send a prompt to the user like a capcha that the individual has a specific time to fill out, and this specific notice will not invoke an orange notification. If the user fails to enter the correct sequence of letters/numbers [wouldn't have to be blurry or anything] then they'd be disconnected, or a return message to the GM would allow them to temporarily ban them on the spot.

#3 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

tbh i dont like this, cause then i cant be semi afk in junon. cause then i will miss the whispers and pm's from friends.

Also being a vendor will be more pain in the ass.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

I understand why you made this suggestion but I agree with Angel and Feuer.  Removing that flashing would inconvenience the players who vend one one toon while playing on another or people who afk like I do when I'm working on stuff on my pc while also logged in the game. I would miss the whispers asking for buffs if the client didn't flash :P

#5 BLACKSKULL7

BLACKSKULL7

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

yeah i don't think that will help in finding the bot playr cuz i sometime party with 2 of my char in the same time to lvl both of them and just be on one of them in a time u know

and some times i open vendor on both char so if any time i don't see the orang wm i don't open the game i just go back to the main char so

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:46 AM

Yea, the flashing is nice when you're trying to sell things.

I had an idea earlier to just stack some kind of animation or ring around the player when they have been staying in 1 spot for longer than like an hour. The more rings, the easier it is to tell who is botting. Or put a number over their head, for time spent in that area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users