State of iro chaos/Thor/classic - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

State of iro chaos/Thor/classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#1 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Just want to ask all three servers at once, how is the game so far? Is it still fun for u? Is there anything that you all are looking forward too?

When you answer please put which server you are on thanks.

Edit: look at the love. People care to put stars on my post aww thank u ;)

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 28 December 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#2 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

Chaos doesn't look too good. The number of TI parties has been going down. A little higher now because holiday season, but the general trend is that they've been declining. Same with bio4. Feels like we need leveling options that do not require as many members to function. Haven't pvm'd in many months, so wouldn't know about the rest. None of the new pvm content looks fun or worth the time for me :v

WoE population has been declining since merge, no signs of even slowing down. Not long before it becomes a castle farming fiesta like Ymir was. It's still fun while it lasts, though.

Not really up to date with kRO or jRO, so no real updates I'm looking forward to. 

#3 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

Chaos Server

As I'm still a relatively low-tier player, I still enjoy the game. Collecting gears and leveling alts is always a fun task, MvPing solo or with guildies is still fun. I exclusively do PvM, as I know I'll suck at PvP without the right gears. Although I do have to admit that I get burned out sometimes, since the leveling process is a little bit repetitive, but hey it's RO what are you gonna do eh? But yeah, I just hope they include more ways to level that is not that repetitive. For future updates, I guess the most I'm looking forward to is the alt costumes if we ever do get them, the New Prontera Design, and the new and hopefully more challenging instances

Edited by kappakeepokupo, 27 December 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Chaos

When Tirades is dead and people can only bring old drama which has been trolled many times, you know the server is done lmfao
There are PVM aspects but fighting bot or AI seems boring to me. You can't troll them hahaha

#5 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

Chaos. Both the server and my state of mind.

Is the game still fun? Yes. But that's because I play to have fun even if I suck at the game. And I play PVM, which seems to be a big factor. I only measure myself against myself. My personal observation as an outsider looking in is that high involvement in WoE has a direct inverse relationship to enjoyment. At least, that's the sense I get from the vocal declarations that WoE is dead or the frustration at anything that breaks status quo. I just dick around the server and thats fun for me. I'm probably super wrong here but again its just an observation.

Im looking forward to the Rachel Pope instance dungeon. Because Kthullanux is an asswipe in that instance, but he's relatable. I PVM to learn more about the lore of the game. The story, while thin, and the background is what I enjoy. More than builds and min maxing, I spend time documenting my characters growth and his/her place in the world. Too bad we arent an RP server but a true RPer only needs his own imagination. I write character backgrounds for all my characters and short fiction regarding what happened to them, all for my personal enjoyment. I screenshot them in new places they explore. And when a character's story is done or seems boring, I start a new character. ^^

Probably not the norm in termsnof enjoying a game, but not everyone has a competitive drive or desire to be the best. After all, its just a game. ^^

#6 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:23 AM

My personal observation as an outsider looking in is that high involvement in WoE has a direct inverse relationship to enjoyment. 

I'd disagree, I've been part of WoE for about 5 years now, with a couple years of break in between. While it has always been fun, the population has also always been decreasing since the merge. It still is enjoyable, but the variety has really gone down. It's just not the same when there's only one guild/alliance to fight, as opposed to 10+ guilds. 

The fun doesn't really decrease as you get more involved. It actually increases the more you play and coordinate with your guild members. 

Edited by WolfTri, 28 December 2016 - 01:24 AM.

#7 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

I'd disagree, I've been part of WoE for about 5 years now, with a couple years of break in between. While it has always been fun, the population has also always been decreasing since the merge. It still is enjoyable, but the variety has really gone down. It's just not the same when there's only one guild/alliance to fight, as opposed to 10+ guilds. 

The fun doesn't really decrease as you get more involved. It actually increases the more you play and coordinate with your guild members. 

Fair enough. Again, it was just a personal observation. I have a guildie who is "relatively" nice but then comes back to the guildspot after he WoE's with his other guild and he's either mad and/or sad. And while it may be awesome for the winners, not everyone wins, and not all the time. But I can appreciate increased enjoyment as coordination increases. Thanks for the insight.

#8 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

Chaos

Just my few cents to throw down I guess.

I have fun playing this game, I'm sure most of the people still on the forum still enjoys the game but the management definitely hasn't been up to par obviously.

I just wanted to throw in my two cent on people always complaining about balance. The game has no balance, WoE, PvP or PvM. Just like any other game. WoW is not balanced, LoL is not balanced no game is balanced. There is always a meta of what is strong at that time and when a new patch comes out it changes. But the fact that the community has a say on what is implemented and what is not is kind of off-putting for me. (Which in terms ruin the said meta)

You might ask what the -_- am I talking about, well I just want to give an example about a decision that the community forced on the GMs that caused this said situation to occur.

Sropho card was disabled because the community thought it was OP, which I do agree with it being OP but disagree with why it is disabled. It creates a meta, MR RGs, auto-attack classes, the new has a higher chance to deal with the veterans.

Two weeks ago my RG, and 2 guildie wiped out a guild of ~20. It was easy and they were dying to everything in one hit. Afterwards I thought about it, what if Sropho card was active? They could've crystallized me, causing me to have to drain my sp, which I would lose Inspiration or die during it. I dislike the card cause I actually played against it in twRO, unlike most people who just complain without actually experiencing it, but it is something that creates a new meta and gives the newer players a chance.

Now let's talk about Biolab 5 Headgears. It again, creates a new meta. Physical RKs will actually be a thing, GX can actually do damage like before instead of just a poison machine in WoE, Axe mechs. Has anyone ever thought about things changing, new meta rising instead of just simply complaining about the items being OP? Have you experienced it or did you just read it and decide to mark it OP? Can people just shut the -_- up and accept change sometimes? 

Edited by Diskence, 28 December 2016 - 02:23 AM.

#9 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:15 AM

Physical RKs will actually be a thing, 

how so? '-'

#10 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:47 AM

doram and latest episodes for me and maybe im looking forward for the glorious equipment be tradable
i am having fun playing even if im the only one playing
--new odin

#11 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:51 AM

-__->?

glorious tradeable? says who?

#12 mungmungah

mungmungah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationLikely to be in bed, if not on my way out of debt
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:56 AM

Thor

I've been playing since last year July or August, I think. RO is still fun for me, but I'm not playing as much as maybe 5 months ago--which is a good thing because it means that I've finally created a healthy balance between IRL responsibilites and endeavors, as well as playing RO. :heh: I'm not a very competitive person, so while I do join WoE (for salary and supplies huehue), I'm more into PVM. I like running instances with my friends, and helping people out in gramps' low turn ins.

I'm very much looking forward to making my first level 175 character (although i'm not in a rush), making a 100% rate brewing biochemist (just for the heck of it), getting a Bayeri, that rainbow colored archangel wing garment/costume, as well as those Rock Ridge equipment I saw in one of the threads here.  :p_laugh:

And also I want a dolram/doram sr idk how to spell it  :heh:

#13 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

Chaos

PVP DEAD

WOE DEAD

PVM still alive if you have a guild,if you don't have,DEAD.

#14 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Time for ragnarok revitalization thread.

#15 NaruShinjo

NaruShinjo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

Chaos - there's so much for me to still discover and take part in that it's still fun. The community is generally pretty nice but I don't WoE there. I'm really excited for Dorams just to try something different. 

On Classic.... It's so empty and saturated with stuff that it's just not worth playing. 

#16 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

Chaos

PVP and WoE sucks. 

PVM is the only thing i do. 

Thor

Economy is not circulating well. 

players are bunch of buttholes. (cursing sons of -_-).

never tried woe here coz of the time

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

Chaos

PVP DEAD

WOE DEAD

PVM still alive if you have a guild,if you don't have,DEAD.

Join the mafia gangs or yakuza for retarded weebs! hahaha

#18 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

Thor Server

I migrated from pRO to iRO and I started playing November 2016. Playing Ragnarok is still fun for me. I am now adjusted to leveling at Gramps/TI, which is not present in iRO. I also finished the Biolabs4 entrance test yesterday and I'm so excited to try it tomorrow!

I met new friends from all around the planet and it's fun to see them almost on a daily basis and seeing how they are progressing. I created a guild with the emperium that I got and it's level 9. I'm looking forward to owning an Agit one day. All those new friends that I meet online, I invite them to the Guild.

I was able to reset my characters stats and skills courtesy of the Mesmeriser and Santa Klaus. I'm still studying the best build that I will do for these characters -- 150 Geneticist, 150 RG, 150 RK, 150 AB, 150 Mechanic, etc. I've been reading the suggestions here at the forums.

I'm really not a PVP person but I do love attending sieges. I make it a point to attend it whenever I can. I'm just sad that the agits was reduce from 5 to 4 due to lack of players. WoE is still fun though, although my AB is just 1-hit from Rangers and Suras. I really have to invest on new gears since after Renewal, it's more gear-based.

I haven't explored much of the New World maps, Bifrost, Mora, etc. Still looking forward to explore these maps. My mechanic tried Bifrost dungeon once and he was eaten alive :(

I'm looking forward to the next job for Star Gladiators (I have 2) and Soul Linkers (I have 4). My favorite character is actually Soul Linker but I stopped playing it after the 3rd Jobs were released. I hope kRO would developed these expanded classes to be at par with the 3rd Jobs. I'm also looking forward to trying the instances (aside from NCT).

I wish the population of Thor would increase since RO is more fun with a large population but I'll make the most of what we have.

See you guys in-game!

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

I'll crosspost my classic rant explaining why I barely touch the server.

My Classic Rant:

the thing about "Classic" is that everyone has a different idea of what Classic was. Even the differences between premium and valkyrie server causes people to cry. Don't believe me? gtb too stronk, GRs shouldn't drop from OCAs, etc.

The RO I played wasn't much like Classic at all. We had Emperiums that sinx could 2 shot (official emperiums, not this iRO custom derpness), we had Turn Ins and kill counts but I also played through Beta->Renewal and I always felt like some of the post-Amatsu spawn changes killed the game. I played with anolians underground (and in my mind they should be there 5eva) and I played through Thors and DG.

The server I played on had slotted mids, they were rare but obtainable via other players. Most official servers didn't have that and Classic? Well Classic decided that these items should be p2w in some form or another.

Seals never really rolled themselves, they were always requiring 100 people when I played. We strategized to close them and create our items. We didn't need "seal stones" or a "quest" or safe guards against ninjaing. All we needed was a list of characters, the names of other guildleaders and good teamwork.

I was never involved with kvm because it was "too hard" to earn... I didn't know the exploits and on my server it didn't really get exploited. The game was going downhill for me when satan morroc gear hit...

The RO I played had us earning our hats from quests, not from Cash shop bs.

The kafra shop came along and ruined the game for a lot of people - for me? I made bank. Exchange rates in my favour allowed me to set up a fairly lucrative upgrade business.

I paid to win! Prior to that it hadn't been an option. I still was a well off player but dayum... the difference was huge.

So where am I going with this? Whatever server is made now, will never be classic, for anyone. We all have a different idea of when the good times/bad times were and even what should be available or accepted. What Classic has always needed is a clear goal of who to cater toward - but it never has. There's zero social base on classic because there's nothing for those players to do. The best hats are kafrashop made (including the certs) or only exist for a small time. Treasure loots from castles have removed any profit from WoE a guild could hope to make outside of RMTing pieces to loners who want to make personal god. PVP is dead because we have RENEWAL EQUIPMENT and equipment with faulty scripts that go unnoticed for over a year (RIP SOD). Those who aim to achieve things are robbed because of insane drop rates taking away any need for long term goals (not to mention oversaturation of guildloots and ACAs devaluing everything) and as for WoE.... AS FOR WOE! Well take some of what I already said and add in the fact that there's no recruitment pool and you have classic.

I can rant for days, Classic can be saved but it won't be easy. It would require building the social base of the server first, giving achievers something to achieve so pure pvpers have someone to go beat up on as they try to achieve things.

Classic needs an overhaul as to how meta gear is achieved... and how supplies are handled.

for example, woe blues.... a staple for most characters, now tell me why they're better than ranked blues weight per sp? ranked blues require effort to create where as BG blues? well lol I'll just sit on the spawn whilst my enemy carries me to badges. I afk for my blues because bg is crap - I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Classic also seems to be heavily invested in the idea of carrying your enemy on your back. Wanna make a god item? Better make 2 incase they proc seal power 2! want to BG? Sure, but you'll be on a team randomized with probable enemies whilst you have to decide whether you, or your guildmate on the other team needs the badges more than you do! I'd rather play with my guild, not against them thx very much. And lets not pretend that randomizing BG deals with farming, because it doesn't. At least let us play with our own team mates. nobody wants to be forced on to a hostile team.

Oh and as for new content.... Challenge dungeon felt very half assed - I know a lot of work had to go into it but when players are saying stuff like THERE'S A SPARE MAP TYPE FOR THE NEW DUNGEON LOOK AT PAY_FILD10 ... just look, please :(

ok ok I'm done. tldr, classic is screwed up for many reasons and a new server would need an initial game plan and a solid structure as to what it's meant to be. It'll never be "Classic" because nobody can agree on what that is.

*takes off emblem and walks away*

#20 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

Thor

Chaos

Classic

#21 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

Join the mafia gangs or yakuza for retarded weebs! hahaha

WeW,I'm fine alone.

Thor

Chaos

Classic

You need to check ur definition of Alive.

#22 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

Chaos is alive enough for me.

#23 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

how so? '-'

IB and HS actually doing damage causing SB runes to actually be used again for a combo of IB SB. 

#24 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

That is my Xellie she recovery her Biblie powers <3

#25 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

You need to check ur definition of Alive.

It's alive for me. Truth be told in Thor I met bunch of new players who are new to iRO if I'm not mistaken or they are just server hoppers. I couldn't even count it with my fingers.  :heh:

In Chaos, I met returning people to the game and returning bots too. So yeah. The server is still alive.

Maybe it will last until kRO agrees to give us a saranghae.  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users