Renewal Maintenance Dec 29th 2016 - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal Maintenance Dec 29th 2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#51 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

Can we have maintenance every 15 days instead of weekly? If there is no update on a maintenance can we call it a maintenance?  :heh:

#52 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Expect even less quests and events with Oda gone :/

#53 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Can we have maintenance every 15 days instead of weekly? If there is no update on a maintenance can we call it a maintenance?  :heh:

There is a lot more going on during maintenance in addition to game updates

backups checking

disk usage/storage

OS updates

hardware problems

check error logs

Users accounts review

System security

etc

there are few things you could change monthly, but there are also some stuff you need to do on a weekly basis to make sure the server is running smoothly

#54 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Are we getting the server back in time this time? Or theres some unexpected issues going?

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

Server has been open awhile. IT just fixed the forums.

#56 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Camp where is the combo effect of love piece with heart wing head band?

Also with the king spirit ring it needs to be slotted ~

If we get gears from jRO, then it should follow jRO specs, that is the expectation please

Edited by SeikenDensetsu, 29 December 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#57 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

If we get gears from jRO, then it should follow jRO specs, that is the expectation please

*WP goes to release a new box, people complain"

Campitor: The developers wanted to release an unaltered JRO box.

*WP releases the box and the good(while OP) pieces are missing some stats, slots or effects*

What happened to the effects, i thought the developers wanted to release an unaltered JRO box.

Campitor: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously yall say 1 thing then deliver another all the time, am i mad that they toned down some of the OP stuff, whether on purpose or by accident? no i am not. am i mad that yall cant seem to give us a straight answer or try to find ways to pin this stuff on the developers or cannot release complete content or content corrently. yes, yes i am. again like i said in another thread, its like yall just dont care anymore. you get paid to deliver the content to the community correctly. and every single update, and even some minor changes, its always some kinda non-sense that happens. What is the money that people pay your company going towards?

Edited by Spoon, 29 December 2016 - 05:18 PM.

#58 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

there will always be complainers.

but if you sell gears saying they are from jRO it is not unreasonable to expect the effects to be as such.

selling items then shortchanging them will cause a lot of grief and fallout amongst players, and loss of trust ^^;

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

We are requesting an information from the studio as to the differences between what they said was an unchanged jRO Ragcan and what was delivered.

#60 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Oda, wanted to share a picture of what hes having for Dinner earlier today with the community as he begins his adventure.

NOikaTR.jpg

#61 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

there will always be complainers.

but if you sell gears saying they are from jRO it is not unreasonable to expect the effects to be as such.

selling items then shortchanging them will cause a lot of grief and fallout amongst players, and loss of trust ^^;

No i dont think it was altered due to complaints, i just think that they dont even check on what they are delivering to us. They should know exactly whats going into the box, and what changes are made to the equipment by having someone cross reference what JRO has and what they are delivering to us. i mean seriously, how hard is it to have someone in your office check the JRO official gear, which is most likely not that hard to get, whether its from official sites or divine pride, and then cross reference that to what you are delivering, before the maint. and if there is a difference, asking whoever sent you the box why there is a difference between the 2 and if it was intentional. but from the looks of it, yall get the info, and then just release it with no questions asked, and then basically false market it as an unaltered JRO box when people complained asking u to change it. which makes it seem like u are deflecting because you either A, never really looked into it youself. or B, you just dont want to deal with people and dont care to do your job as needed.

Edit: you posted your response before i did, but this should have been done before the box was ever released and put on sale.

Edited by Spoon, 29 December 2016 - 05:30 PM.

#62 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

We are requesting an information from the studio as to the differences between what they said was an unchanged jRO Ragcan and what was delivered.

Thank you Camp. The important thing imo is that if there are any differences, then those differences were intentional, not accidental.

#63 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

Oda, wanted to share a picture of what hes having for Dinner earlier today with the community as he begins his adventure.

NOikaTR.jpg

That looks really tasty.

#64 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thank you Camp for checking on that for us <3

arigatou.jpg

#65 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:44 PM

No i dont think it was altered due to complaints, i just think that they dont even check on what they are delivering to us. They should know exactly whats going into the box, and what changes are made to the equipment by having someone cross reference what JRO has and what they are delivering to us. i mean seriously, how hard is it to have someone in your office check the JRO official gear, which is most likely not that hard to get, whether its from official sites or divine pride, and then cross reference that to what you are delivering, before the maint. and if there is a difference, asking whoever sent you the box why there is a difference between the 2 and if it was intentional. but from the looks of it, yall get the info, and then just release it with no questions asked, and then basically false market it as an unaltered JRO box when people complained asking u to change it. which makes it seem like u are deflecting because you either A, never really looked into it youself. or B, you just dont want to deal with people and dont care to do your job as needed.

Please don't lose hope;

Previously there was little communication between the partners with all information having to be filtered through kRO. We are working on improving the communication though. 

As evidence of that you'll notice that since the meeting with the new studio director in the late summer we started to receive bug fixes and content updates faster after a long drought. Now we need to clean up the process of how they are sent, received, and tested.

http://www.playragna...ws/updates.aspx

We now have on the team someone who loves cleaning up quest dialog, and someone who worked as a professional QA at a big studio for years. We are in a good position for being better going into 2017 and things will get better. I believe that 2017 will be a better year all around and hope that I can prove it to you.

#66 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

So about upgrading mid and lower gear slots is it accecptible now?

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

So about upgrading mid and lower gear slots is it accecptible now?

The items were disabled from refinement and logs pulled of what refines happened.

#68 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:54 PM

Will they be reverted?

#69 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

Oh and this year we are trying a new map effect in prontera (it replaces the snow) for the new year. I hope you enjoy.

#70 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:08 PM

Oh and this year we are trying a new map effect in prontera (it replaces the snow) for the new year. I hope you enjoy.

It's pretty cool actually.

#71 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

Norman is still broken when trying to make a slotted Bunny shield. Still gives no dialogue

#72 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Norman is still broken when trying to make a slotted Bunny shield. Still gives no dialogue

Hes always worked in testing....

and I just figured it out, he is checking back items and shield. If you don't have anything in either slot he won't speak to you. He will be more talkative in the future after the next maintenance.

#73 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

thanks alot! it worked.

#74 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

Please don't lose hope;

Previously there was little communication between the partners with all information having to be filtered through kRO. We are working on improving the communication though. 

As evidence of that you'll notice that since the meeting with the new studio director in the late summer we started to receive bug fixes and content updates faster after a long drought. Now we need to clean up the process of how they are sent, received, and tested.

http://www.playragna...ws/updates.aspx

We now have on the team someone who loves cleaning up quest dialog, and someone who worked as a professional QA at a big studio for years. We are in a good position for being better going into 2017 and things will get better. I believe that 2017 will be a better year all around and hope that I can prove it to you.

Dont get me wrong, i have hope, or i wouldnt still be here, nor would i feel the need to say anything. And i do look forward to the new year and what things will come.

But in terms of lets say, how this box was handled. This is a JRO box. and im sure you are aware as many people are in the community, that while JRO is RO, it has a lot of differences to RO and KRO. and some of the gear just wouldn't fit here, whether this box does or doesnt, its too late as it is already released. but, in my opinion, i think this could have been handled better. Knowing that there are differences between RO and JRO, maybe one way to avoid the discrepancies that have appeared (again whether intentional or not) would have been to announce the box contents early, allow time, if the staff does not have it right now, for the community to look over the box. Yes, there will be arguments on both sides of whether it is OP or whether it is good for the community etc etc. but, at the very least, im sure if this was shown ahead of time, people would have already noticed the slot missing, or the 10% from the love pieces//HWHB was missing and could have pointed that out to you so there could have been an inquiry before releasing the box to the community so we know what we are getting, and you know what you are releasing. it may also serve to give some insight to see if what is being released, really is a good item to be releasing because, again, some things just dont belong on this server.

Again its just my opinion and maybe something to think about for the future in terms of possible JRO boxes down the road, if they happen again.

Edited by Spoon, 29 December 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#75 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

not sure if it's a new "feature" or a bug, but Lava flow does not trigger the DOT effect half the time, on open terrain, nothing blocking it.  

Either that, or autocasts are now cancelling it's DoT, which it never used to do.  Fix it, that kills AT/lava flow build.

Edited by Alanthier, 29 December 2016 - 06:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users