Good Morning 1-03-2017 - Page 3 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning 1-03-2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#51 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

I'm with the MVP shadow sets in the server. Time to get rid of the inequality! 

#52 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'm with the MVP shadow sets in the server. Time to get rid of the inequality!

Inequality between a player who has been playing for 12 years and another who joined a month ago in an MMORPG? Just turn everything into a MOBA then

#53 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:18 PM

Inequality between a player who has been playing for 12 years and another who joined a month ago in an MMORPG? Just turn everything into a MOBA then

RPGs are like that, items will always gonna be better, stronger more OP and that old MOBA arguement, oh please...But if you really want that, let's start with how hard it is to get +7 AoA 12 years ago and compare it to maybe MSH on how easily newer players get it.. Ssssoooo unfair!!!! hahahahaha

#54 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Holy crap i already see 3 (well 4 with the MvP one) videos from Doram race and is really stupid xD, well i just hope doram come here in server but unable to use gramps or any bounty board.

#55 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

Holy crap i already see 3 (well 4 with the MvP one) videos from Doram race and is really stupid xD, well i just hope doram come here in server but unable to use gramps or any bounty board.

that should be applied for ranger

#56 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

please make ALL oda elixirs stackable

#57 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

1. stack oda's elixirs

2. give us the blitz set, i dont care about shadow mvps

3. did jRO promise the info pack?

:D :D :D

#58 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:39 PM

That's what we're doing ... smfh lmfao

#59 ShishieYo

ShishieYo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProntera (94, 52)
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

Please put the Renewal Lucky Box in Cash Shop or any Box with Eddga Hat. The White Drooping Eddga Hat is way too expensive in Thor.  :hmm:

#60 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

They are like Sura + AB without Snap and Cursed Circle

That's all you need to know

:heh:

Like I stated on a previous thread, anyone who encounters these critters in a PVP environment is gonna be in deep < >!

Edited by VModAvocado, 04 January 2017 - 01:06 AM.
Please do not evade the word filter.

#61 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

RPGs are like that, items will always gonna be better, stronger more OP and that old MOBA arguement, oh please...But if you really want that, let's start with how hard it is to get +7 AoA 12 years ago and compare it to maybe MSH on how easily newer players get it.. Ssssoooo unfair!!!! hahahahaha

No RPGs don't favour new players and they never will! The fact that making an Apple of Archer to +7 was way harder 12 years ago means the people who played 12 years ago then returned today will not be at an advantage, and that is okay

But if you played most of the time for 12 years and you were able to acquire 7 MvPs throughout those years for instance and then 7 items that costs BARELY 7B all together comes THROUGH the cash shop to shadow your 12 years of work? That. Is. Not. MMORPG.

MMORPGs do indeed introduce new items! A new MvP with an effect better than Kiel's getting introduced is ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM, if you have been playing for 12 years you could sell your 2 Kiels and put on that money few extra billions and get two of the new one while still allowing on-growing people to have the power of your two Kiels! And that's why if you quit for 12 years from now you can't come back and cry about your 2 Kiels being rubbish, then bad luck, 12 years of content replaced them!

#62 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Is this as good as the patch notes for this week's maintenance? If so, then no updates for TI? Or just a sneak peek on "some" of the updates?

#63 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:13 AM

Is this as good as the patch notes for this week's maintenance? If so, then no updates for TI? Or just a sneak peek on "some" of the updates?

Sneak peek.

#64 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

No RPGs don't favour new players and they never will! The fact that making an Apple of Archer to +7 was way harder 12 years ago means the people who played 12 years ago then returned today will not be at an advantage, and that is okay

But if you played most of the time for 12 years and you were able to acquire 7 MvPs throughout those years for instance and then 7 items that costs BARELY 7B all together comes THROUGH the cash shop to shadow your 12 years of work? That. Is. Not. MMORPG.

MMORPGs do indeed introduce new items! A new MvP with an effect better than Kiel's getting introduced is ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM, if you have been playing for 12 years you could sell your 2 Kiels and put on that money few extra billions and get two of the new one while still allowing on-growing people to have the power of your two Kiels! And that's why if you quit for 12 years from now you can't come back and cry about your 2 Kiels being rubbish, then bad luck, 12 years of content replaced them!

Lol to your first line, never RPG said was to favor new players than older ones, your taking it out of context intentionally just to make an arguement. How despicable!

MVP items you have wont be taken away from you and you'll still have the edge of using it together with the new items/MVP shadow gear, and that will be your advantage for playing long and that is not being rubbish. The advantage, however, won't be as great as how it used to be before the shadow gears are introduced but that's how the game goes.

Reiterating what you said, MMORPGs do indeed need to introduce new items, taking your example, sure that is an acceptable idea and lazy one (introducing 50% then 70% then maybe 100% kiel effect just different name) but that isn't only the viable one. 

kRO needs to somehow reduce old MVP cards from the spotlight to make way for NEW MVP cards they will introduce, otherwise, old MVP cards will always take their current slots with their so effects and would render useless/obsolete any upcoming MVP Cards they will be making. Mentioning a few, Kiel, TGK, thana will always be preferred unless it's an upgrade of that which again i find very lazy and tasteless. Less issue on weapon slots since there are several but more on one slotted gears. It's their call if they solve it by adding additional slots to the gears to make way for new one, or make and upgraded rip off version, or introduce an item with the same effect but taking new slots which is the shadow gears.

And as for you crying for your kiel, i could say the same for a +10-12 AoA which could have been equivalent to billions that time. It's always bound to depreciate, whether from supply saturation or from being outclassed, maybe by an upgraded version or shadow gear.

EDIT:
iRO was supposed to be getting upgraded version of some MVP cards, and guys like you still ended up crying with the same arguements above. So you saying it's absolutely not a problem, I dont believe you :). Just your another statement to add to your arguement

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 04 January 2017 - 02:56 AM.

#65 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:19 AM

page 3 bugged again?

#66 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

Lol to your first line, never RPG said was to favor new players than older ones, your taking it out of context intentionally just to make an arguement. How despicable!

Again, this is not a MOBA... MMORPGs are meant to reflect real life, MOBAs are meant to reflect sport. In sport your skills is determined by how good you're at said sport. In real life though no newborn have access to all the world richies without money that they acquire first, yea some newborns are favoured more than others because of their parents and that applies to MMORPGs too, if your friend been playing for 12 years and have more MvPs than they can count they won't hesitate to give you one. So yes, my argument is not out of context this is how MMORPGs were designed, to reflect real life.

MVP items you have wont be taken away from you and you'll still have the edge of using it together with the new items/MVP shadow gear, and that will be your advantage for playing long and that is not being rubbish. The advantage, however, won't be as great as how it used to be before the shadow gears are introduced but that's how the game goes.

Oh! Using penetration set with SS card gives me 200% def penetration? Shame there is only 100% ever of it to get penetrated...

Reiterating what you said, MMORPGs do indeed need to introduce new items, taking your example, sure that is an acceptable idea and lazy one (introducing 50% then 70% then maybe 100% kiel effect just different name) but that isn't only the viable one. 

When I said better I never really intended to mean a "50% of a 30%" item. I meant one that performs better than the other in game scenarios and makes people want to pick it more than the other so yea... Not sure how introducing Shadow MvPs that have the exact same effect to you as MvP cards that existed for years isn't lazy to you .-. ...

kRO needs to somehow reduce old MVP cards from the spotlight to make way for NEW MVP cards they will introduce, otherwise, old MVP cards will always take their current slots with their so effects and would render useless/obsolete any upcoming MVP Cards they will be making. Mentioning a few, Kiel, TGK, thana will always be preferred unless it's an upgrade of that which again i find very lazy and tasteless. Less issue on weapon slots since there are several but more on one slotted gears. It's their call if they solve it by adding additional slots to the gears to make way for new one, or make and upgraded rip off version, or introduce an item with the same effect but taking new slots which is the shadow gears.

Adding new game mechanics with cards that empower those mechanics, in a slow manner as to make sure not to overthrow all old things under a trash can is a much more efficient way than reducing the power of a card and telling everybody come buy this new one that is way better that we... just added to the cash shop /lol

Think for example a new type of DEF (SOFT and HARD already exists, maybe call this one SWEET DEF, lolz) and that DEF doesn't empower Thana and it still reduces its damage! Now add sources for this defence gradually little by little and eventually Thana will start losing spotlight to newer better effects than help against Sweet DEF. But then after everyone stacks Sweet DEF and people start countering it with Sweet DEF penetration or whatnot someone brilliant in WoE wears full normal DEF which is unaffected by Sweet DEF penetration, OUCH! Diversity in play starts exists! Whether to counter Sweet DEF or counter normal DEFs??

And against MvPs some MvPs have higher Sweet DEF and some others have higher Hard DEF! You end up with both Thana and whatever else still being completely viable and very useful just in different scenarios!

I believe my DEF example might have been too flavourless because it's not much of a creative new mechanic but it surely is better than just saying "Hey guys so Thana is now 50% its effect and we added this new item in cash shop that has 100% Thana effect, go go go." Or even "And we added this MvP with the old Thana card" /lol

And as for you crying for your kiel, i could say the same for a +10-12 AoA which could have been equivalent to billions that time. It's always bound to depreciate, whether from supply saturation or from being outclassed, maybe by an upgraded version or shadow gear.

In all honesty adding an MvP that's x10 harder than Kiel with a card that is 10% more potent than Kiel is no problem... the community been wanting that for a long time now actually... Will that depreciate Kiel? Yes it will, slowly as version of that MvP's card starts dropping and the richer people starting to sell their Kiels since no need but little people buying because not everyone needs a Kiel so supply and demand will surely force them to sell for cheaper.

The real issue is introducing an item that is cheaper than Kiel in every way of acquisition yet has more power or same power...

So no you can't say the same because AoA depreciated gradually not instantly

//Also +12 AoA? Before Renewal? Okay...

EDIT:
iRO was supposed to be getting upgraded version of some MVP cards, and guys like you still ended up crying with the same arguements above. So you saying it's absolutely not a problem, I dont believe you :). Just your another statement to add to your arguement

Upgraded versions how? As in new monsters dropping better MvP cards?

Firstly, I am an individual with my own opinions about different topics. I am not categories in your "guys like you" and if they wanted to add a new end game MvP that's way harder than Kiel, SPECIALLY if it NEEDS a part, with an improved Kiel effect I honestly would be really excited for it although a little sad they couldn't add something more unique

And I don't care whether you believe me or not lolz I am arguing for the sake of the game not for YOU

P.S: Sorry for the unoranged parts in first edit I have no idea why they were not oranged probably

Edited by Mathspy, 04 January 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#67 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:23 AM

Again, this is not a MOBA... MMORPGs are meant to reflect real life, MOBAs are meant to reflect sport. In sport your skills is determined by how good you're at said sport. In real life though no newborn have access to all the world richies without money that they acquire first, yea some newborns are favoured more than others because of their parents and that applies to MMORPGs too, if your friend been playing for 12 years and have more MvPs than they can count they won't hesitate to give you one. So yes, my argument is not out of context this is how MMORPGs were designed, to reflect real life.

Again, your making it as if i said any of those just to make your arguement, it's not about favors or your MOBA arguement mentality. And no, RO as an MMORPGs dont reflect real life just as those dating sim MMOs, MMORPGs are Role Playing Games (RPG obviously) , mostly in a fantasy world, far from real life and logic, where everything is regulated and designed by GMs. If you want it to reflect real life then fine, costly typewriters in the past cost almost nothing compared to computers now. I wont continue on this since there is too much example w/c you could probably think of.

Oh! Using penetration set with SS card gives me 200% def penetration? Shame there is only 100% ever of it to get penetrated...

In all honesty adding an MvP that's x10 harder than Kiel with a card that is 10% more potent than Kiel is no problem... the community been wanting that for a long time now actually... Will that depreciate Kiel? Yes it will, slowly as version of that MvP's card starts dropping and the richer people starting to sell their Kiels since no need but little people buying because not everyone needs a Kiel so supply and demand will surely force them to sell for cheaper.

The real issue is introducing an item that is cheaper than Kiel in every way of acquisition yet has more power or same power...

So no you can't say the same because AoA depreciated gradually not instantly

So now you are playing stup!d? or are you really one. As a  sample, Kiel effect + HW card + Fenrir Card or 2 Kiel Effect + HW card/Fenrir card, and maybe White Lady+ 2 Kiel effect, you could never do those ATM. Pretty much you haven't realize this yet resulting to your current comment.  Using it that way wont make your kiel rubish instantly, as i said from my previous post, you still have a large advantage, just not as much as in the past which is pretty logical. And it's funny how you elect yourself as a community representative, maybe you'll claim that you're the majority next.

Upgraded versions how? As in new monsters dropping better MvP cards?

Firstly, I am an individual with my own opinions about different topics. I am not categories in your "guys like you" and if they wanted to add a new end game MvP that's way harder than Kiel, SPECIALLY if it NEEDS a part, with an improved Kiel effect I honestly would be really excited for it although a little sad they couldn't add something more unique

And I don't care whether you believe me or not lolz I am arguing for the sake of the game not for YOU

Upgraded Maya P Card as a sample, you can search for the rest. Everything else is your opinion, again, it is viable (and a lazy one) but that's not the only viable one. It's kROs call which i think shadow gears are a good one since it will somehow address other kind of new MVP cards to be used.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 04 January 2017 - 05:09 AM.

#68 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:07 AM

Tell me last time you heard of a RPG where everyone is born a god please <3

I don't know why we can't do these at the moment... oh probably because we are not supposed to... and why are you refraining from mentioning Penetration Set? Which is the heart of the sets you want? How about the Tempest Set? Another one I heard people wanting, will those still leave any spot for their MvP card origins?

It should be iRO's call not kRO's call. Different communities have different needs and desires and different ways they interact with the same

#69 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

Instead of game bug problem I think humans are bugged specificly in this whole thread I see a few bug issues that needs to be rectumfied. Tu tu ru pun intended

#70 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

Tell me last time you heard of a RPG where everyone is born a god please <3

Oh god, where did you get that interpretation again

I don't know why we can't do these at the moment... oh probably because we are not supposed to... and why are you refraining from mentioning Penetration Set? Which is the heart of the sets you want? How about the Tempest Set? Another one I heard people wanting, will those still leave any spot for their MvP card origins?
I have never been quite about it nor refraining from mentioning it. Since you were whining about kiel card being rubbish , it's normal for me to use it for reference, besides, i had my piece on penetration and tempest set discussion in a dedicated thread. You can quote me from their if youd like to waste your time

It should be iRO's call not kRO's call. Different communities have different needs and desires and different ways they interact with the same
iRO is dependent to kRO, very much infact. And well, you arent the community, you're just claiming it up and if you'd like to assume that, i can also do the same and say the community want what i want

#71 AJICO

AJICO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUmbala Village
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

I can not check my seal status on signboard in Pront due to WOE event mode. so please stay Santa one more week. 

#72 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

Linked, but here it is again

What kind of build / skills is that? Is that the infamous Picky Peck or something else?
I like how they're kind of bashing with a mace a bit like a Battle Bishop but ranged. :heh:

#73 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:38 AM

what is moba

Is that thing that locks you in a room for 1 hour smashing 4 buttons and killing some players and a bunch of bots?

wew

#74 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

It's Picky Peck

also

Spoiler

#75 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

They can enable it anytime if they want to and they have no intention to sell penetrations sets but they can put it as a reward on a quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users