Classic January 5th Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic January 5th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

I'm sorry but if the word cawk is offensive for who ever it is you are trying to keep from hearing it, why are they listening to your voice chat and why are they watching streams? the internet is not your safe space friend. 2017 is year of the cawk. Do you tell restaurant owners to change their place mats if it has the Chinese zodiac on it lol? You know the abbreviation for TheMightyCawks? T M C, now that's pretty neat huh?

#27 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

097da032c8b70ec72f21b1be05c97c50.jpg

All these years I have been eatting at chinese resturants and seeing the word -_-, I never once went "the year of the penis? that must be an interesting year...."

I'm sorry there are so many SJW retards out there...but tell you what...you get all the chinese restaurants to remove -_- off their place mat because it's offensive to you and I will never call you out as a retard again.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

It could be worse TMC. It could be worse. 

#29 NaruShinjo

NaruShinjo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

To Themes,

I understand that Battlegrounds is only randomized as in first players and last players, but that still forces teaming with people based on connection speed, so it is close to random. Putting it back to the old method would allow people to form a group deliberately.

The Link system is worth discussing.

The fishing/mining NPCs would be a for fun minimal reward activity that focuses players into one playing area to cause more social activity.

The TI's proposed (such as Bio3) it's not so much about the exp as giving choice and variety and reason for people to party up. Bio 3 is usually a very small party, adding a TI would make it competitive with places such as Ice Dungeon for geared players, as well as open the Bio 3 door for less geared players to experience what was once a defining Ragnarok Online dungeon. 

I believe that the GMs are able to share with the  playerbase the limitations of Classic that they currently know of so that ideas proposed are more realistic. 

Edited by NaruShinjo, 05 January 2017 - 12:43 PM.

#30 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

• The first new Headgear quest of the new year, the Captain's Hat. Speak to Frank in Morocc (156, 194).

If putting such crappy headgears at such an expensive price, better do nothing.

#31 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

Such a joke hahaha

#32 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

happy new year! off to work.  :p_hi:

#33 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

I need my safe space! Don't say naughty words, it hurts my fragile little mind!

lolol.jpg

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

You guys do realize you just got trolled by a CM right?

If you're gonna ruin the thread, at least do it right. 

Camp can you put these in the kafra shop please? 

[item='2313']

[item='5009']

Edited by Xellie, 05 January 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#35 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Should make it slotted safety helmet so they can stick a nice coloring book to it so they will always have their safe space with them.

#36 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

spoiler alert: no one uses captain's hat

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

To Themes,

I understand that Battlegrounds is only randomized as in first players and last players, but that still forces teaming with people based on connection speed, so it is close to random. Putting it back to the old method would allow people to form a group deliberately.

The Link system is worth discussing.

The fishing/mining NPCs would be a for fun minimal reward activity that focuses players into one playing area to cause more social activity.

The TI's proposed (such as Bio3) it's not so much about the exp as giving choice and variety and reason for people to party up. Bio 3 is usually a very small party, adding a TI would make it competitive with places such as Ice Dungeon for geared players, as well as open the Bio 3 door for less geared players to experience what was once a defining Ragnarok Online dungeon. 

I believe that the GMs are able to share with the  playerbase the limitations of Classic that they currently know of so that ideas proposed are more realistic. 

There's no easy solution to fix battlegrounds. There's plenty of arguments for and against randomisation. It is probably possible to make it look for people in a party and allocate them to the same team, but it could break in some incredible ways. This is why a test server would be good. But I'd be okay if it put 2-3 people from a party onto the same team, however any more than that and it creates an unfun environment for the people not in the party, with how high the power ceiling on RO can be.

If the TIs start awarding more than experience, I could easily see that becoming a good thing to start including more places. If the link system went in, putting in currency for that. Or other things that people who are at max level can use is going to be the best thing for it.

The GMs have frequently shared what they are capable of, it's not like there's a huge sticky or anything. But they have told us that right now we're stuck with the existing client. There's a very limited number of monsterIDs, as well as some kind of hard limit on hats. They are able to add new Quests/Cards/Items/Maps/NPCs and creative use of those is the best bet for the future of Classic. The lack of a test server for them to actually try out new things is troubling, I'm sure there's plenty of community members who would be able to help contribute and design content for them if it could actually be tested, proved to work and then actually implemented.

But above all the GMs need to prove that they actually want anything to change on Classic. There's no point in discussing things if they will never actually happen, which is the most likely outcome if the last two years are anything to go by.

#38 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

If putting such crappy headgears at such an expensive price, better do nothing.

If you have suggestions for headgear for the quest, I'd love to see them. Feel free to post them here:

https://forums.warpp...shlist-classic/

Some limits to keep in mind:

• Suggestions should not already be available in-game (IE: Through quests/drops).
  • They need to have been available on Classic at some point, through one time quests, old sales, etc.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

@Ozallia

I think people's concerns laid with meta gear used for WoE/PVM - although cute hats are also important fairness of play comes first in people's minds if they are competitive players. 

Anyone can suggest random hats in that thread, that doesn't mean they are "useful", it may just be one guy that wants a captains hat and doesn't want to pay 30m for one. Market is important too tho. 

Also was it intended that all the certs stayed in the kshop? I was under the impression the quests would cycle. 

#40 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Can we have Jro's Cawk hat for year of the cawk.  :heh:

#41 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

I'm sorry but if the word cawk is offensive for who ever it is you are trying to keep from hearing it, why are they listening to your voice chat and why are they watching streams? the internet is not your safe space friend. 2017 is year of the cawk. Do you tell restaurant owners to change their place mats if it has the Chinese zodiac on it lol? You know the abbreviation for TheMightyCawks? T M C, now that's pretty neat huh?

Your argument would have merit if you hadn't already admitted that the word isn't allowed and that you had to bypass the chat filter to use it. Perhaps a better vocabulary is in order friend. 

#42 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

I can say -_- in game... Does that mean I can have a guild named "The Whinging -_-?"

#43 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Cause we all know Gravity has top notch word filters. Ok we can play by your logic. I can say <snip> in game so does that mean in your world i can just name a guild like it? will that make your little safe space brighter friend? All because it's allowed by the word filters? News flash Gravity has different word filters in game vs forums and the ones in game are just terrible and has been for 10+ years now. Also it seems YOU are the only one who has a problem with my guilds name. Grow up it just makes this conversation simple and easy on my end. I know i know, a big request on my end..

Edited by VModCinnamon, 05 January 2017 - 02:34 PM.
Removed, do not attempt filter bypass please.

#44 NaruShinjo

NaruShinjo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

To Themes

Battlegrounds was once team based which would allow players to assemble into a guild team if they chose. There's only harmful repercussions on the community if teams are forced to fight each other. In regards of power ceilings, at least there is a participation prize. 

I do desire a list by the GMs of the limitations that are known. I for one am willing to help contribute content if the GMs show that they actually want the help and will acknowledge the ideas put forward to them. 

#45 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

@Ozallia

I think people's concerns laid with meta gear used for WoE/PVM - although cute hats are also important fairness of play comes first in people's minds if they are competitive players. 

Anyone can suggest random hats in that thread, that doesn't mean they are "useful", it may just be one guy that wants a captains hat and doesn't want to pay 30m for one. Market is important too tho. 

Also was it intended that all the certs stayed in the kshop? I was under the impression the quests would cycle. 

This is exactly the reason i'm upset with the latest changes. At first it was supposed to encourage playing, even if you get the materials for it you need the kp to get the cert(cache boxes? these boxes are a joke) which is the same as nothing.

#46 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

Why is my guild listed as The Mighty Roosters? I'd hope that doesn't mean you are trying to force change it's name or something.

The name was just adjusted for forums view, note that validity of a guild's name is determined by the GM team through support tickets. Now please let's conclude the filter bypass argument, this is not the proper place for it.

#47 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Monsters should drop the certs.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

Honestly, I'm just disappointed to read such bollocks going on with staff present in the thread. It kinda suggests they're okay with it, then later on they'll blame "noise" for skipping over questions or information. 

#49 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

To Themes

Battlegrounds was once team based which would allow players to assemble into a guild team if they chose. There's only harmful repercussions on the community if teams are forced to fight each other. In regards of power ceilings, at least there is a participation prize. 

I do desire a list by the GMs of the limitations that are known. I for one am willing to help contribute content if the GMs show that they actually want the help and will acknowledge the ideas put forward to them. 

The game also used to have thousands of active players, pretending Classic is the same as servers from 2004 isnt going to work out. Like I said there's plenty of arguments for both sides, creating a way for people to get in with friends is definitely one change that could be made to help get BG participation up. There's also other things that could be looked at like smaller BG sizes, different maps, change in the rewards (structure, amount etc), bonus weekends/hours.

A written list of limitations with regards to the client/engine etc would be good. People asking for the same impossible features was a pretty regular thing here for a while and it got annoying fast.

The GMs actually outlining how people can help them is also a good idea, there's no good way to get through to them without spamming the forums trying to get your posts read like the -_- in this thread with regards to guildname censorship. But until they actually prove that they're working on implementing things or working with players to create content (and finishing it), meh.

Edited by Themes, 05 January 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#50 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

And classic is open!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users