I am asking all of you who do bios to read this - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I am asking all of you who do bios to read this

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

PLEASE STOP TURNING IN CELIAS MID BIOS IF YOU'RE AN ESSENTIAL CLASS!!!

I am getting tired of this happening, really tired. I would have been 175 a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago if not for the selfish ignorance of some people in bios. I blame Turn-In culture for this selfishness, people don't care about their party anymore and just want what they want and don't care if their actions put other people behind.

I am getting real sick and tired of having our Sorc, one or both ABs (I had all three ABs in a party TI without saying anything one time), I've even seen both RKs going to TI celias without saying anything. What pure wisdom these people have to think that a party will be okay, perfectly fine, if they, an extremely essential part of the party, just up an left for a few minutes without saying a word!

I have had utter nightmares in this place, I had a party where all our ABs went to TI celias without saying anything, our freaking leader kept winging and leaving dead bodies everywhere before dumbly wondering where tf everyone went. 

I just don't see why people don't THINK about what they are doing in these parties. I mean once you're geared and in a correct party, this game is almost brainless. We are a point-n-click video game, point-n-click. Ragnarok is not that F-n hard to understand, it is built on just a bare few concepts. You have so much time to just THINK about things, there is so little to pay attention to for some of these people that you'd figure it meant that they had that much more brainpower to devote to thinking about intelligent decisions!

I mean this brainlessness is one of the many reasons people are willing to pay up to 50m to be in a party of experienced players every other night.

==//>>rant-over

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Dont let it ruin your mentality. Absorb the selfishness and pass it to people around you!  

#3 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

https://forums.warpp...full-ti-counts/

Edited by Demeris, 04 January 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#4 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

Isn't Bios different from Bio Labs? xD

#5 Ruzhwind

Ruzhwind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Isn't Bios different from Bio Labs? xD

yep bios is the name of one isle for temple of god quests :D

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:54 PM

yep bios is the name of one isle for temple of god quests :D

yep, was thinking OP will talk about bios island. huhuhu

#7 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Some players really lack communication skills  :wall: Being rude is inevitable especially when you're rushing for the time left on your BMX3. Others would leave the party without prior notice (even though they are vital for the party's survival in Biolabs). You can leave the party but it is also time-consuming to wait for the party slot to be filled tho :p_smile:

#8 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

Everyone's expected to be selfish. Do you honestly expect people to give up their own exp for the sake of complete strangers?

A reasonable thing to ask is that at least they say they're turning in, and what class they are. They don't lose anything from letting you know. And then, unless the party is 100% stupid, it won't wipe.

#9 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

Any bio party I do is done in 15-20min a TI so killers are always on BMs. So people can't leave mid run or they won't get the full TI completed. If you don't have the ability to do a 20min or less bio you can always do bio with aco.

In the long run it might cost you money but you would get 2 TIs done on 1 BM with him. Would only do it though if you can't complete the TI with friends in 20min but most people can't unless your guild does bio runs.

#10 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

What I sell is convenience and time saving.

I've been in that situation before that the OP is ranting about. I've waited for hours looking for that 1 class. I've done Bio4 where I was happy with a 35 minute turn in. Because of these reasons, I ended up not liking Bio4 and really only leveled if I had to.

But I met some great friends along the way with the same hard working attitude as mine. To truly succeed in Bio4, you just need to find those same people who are willing to have that same mentality to get things done as most efficiently as possible.

For me and my party, if you buy in, all you have to do is pay and attend the times that I'm doing it at. We usually do 3-5 runs a night and you can seriously just afk (make sure to wear an unfrozen fire and cranial) and check again in 20 minutes to TI. No other party lets you afk unless you're playing with a bunch of friends who are cool with it.

I understand your frustration, but I sell Bio4 because I would have no other reason to do the TIs. I don't have a char I always need to level. And I have to pay for the wings and consumables my friends and I use. Not to mention the multi-clienting I do to fill in the class needs (try playing RK, strings, wandy, and sorc at the same time). I also set up a set of characters (RK, Sorc, Wandy, Strings, Gene, AB) that are perma 160 that I can use for 150-165 share parties. I let support classes join for free because they get no exp from killing and they're the ones who have to use more BMx3s in the long run.

But as Bigggg says, you should find a guild to do it with. The quality of the party will generally be much higher.

#11 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

What I sell is convenience and time saving.

I've been in that situation before that the OP is ranting about. I've waited for hours looking for that 1 class. I've done Bio4 where I was happy with a 35 minute turn in. Because of these reasons, I ended up not liking Bio4 and really only leveled if I had to.

But I met some great friends along the way with the same hard working attitude as mine. To truly succeed in Bio4, you just need to find those same people who are willing to have that same mentality to get things done as most efficiently as possible.

For me and my party, if you buy in, all you have to do is pay and attend the times that I'm doing it at. We usually do 3-5 runs a night and you can seriously just afk (make sure to wear an unfrozen fire and cranial) and check again in 20 minutes to TI. No other party lets you afk unless you're playing with a bunch of friends who are cool with it.

I understand your frustration, but I sell Bio4 because I would have no other reason to do the TIs. I don't have a char I always need to level. And I have to pay for the wings and consumables my friends and I use. Not to mention the multi-clienting I do to fill in the class needs (try playing RK, strings, wandy, and sorc at the same time). I also set up a set of characters (RK, Sorc, Wandy, Strings, Gene, AB) that are perma 160 that I can use for 150-165 share parties. I let support classes join for free because they get no exp from killing and they're the ones who have to use more BMx3s in the long run.

But as Bigggg says, you should find a guild to do it with. The quality of the party will generally be much higher.

Hi Aco, I'm from Ein, you were my guild party .3."

#12 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hi Aco, I'm from Ein, you were my guild party .3."

And who lead that party?

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Any bio party I do is done in 15-20min a TI so killers are always on BMs. So people can't leave mid run or they won't get the full TI completed. If you don't have the ability to do a 20min or less bio you can always do bio with aco.

In the long run it might cost you money but you would get 2 TIs done on 1 BM with him. Would only do it though if you can't complete the TI with friends in 20min but most people can't unless your guild does bio runs.

Bull-_- lol

#14 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

And who lead that party?

It was normally a combination of you and uh... It was either Kyni or Dragon.

Oh and uhm... Sendou!

Edit:

But yeah, I took a break these past few months because of school. I came back and you were charging for parties. Back in like July or August I'd latch onto Sendou or Dragon's coat-tails and ride them into one of your parties. Nobody is ever really online at the same times anymore so like I kinda had to let you guys go there for awhile and now I'm struggling to find good parties :'D

(whispers) I'm spoiled

Edited by Joatmon, 04 January 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#15 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

Bull-_- lol

We did 4 bio runs today in like an hour and a half

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

We did 4 bio runs today in like an hour and a half

Spoiler

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

So am I the only one scratchin my head on this term turn in culture? 0.0

Since when turning in is a culture?

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

So am I the only one scratchin my head on this term turn in culture? 0.0

Since when turning in is a culture?

Gramps TI culture. Puts through a lot of people who are badly geared and aren't knowledgable about the game because they hide in large, better geared parties. They get to High TI/Biolabs and they have no clue how an actual party is supposed to function, nor how to correctly build and gear, cause levels were spoonfed them, and they typically have a "I'm done with my counts so... bye" mentality, and they will literally tear a party apart from leaving too early/getting upset when someone calls them out for not knowing what they are doing.

#19 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

I still don't think the word culture fits there but meh I don't own english. Use it hoe ever u wish woooo

#20 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

I still don't think the word culture fits there but meh I don't own english. Use it hoe ever u wish woooo

It's a set of morals, common experiences, and outlooks on life (in game) that is shared by many people inside of a community. Therefore, it is a culture. It is mostly a thing only newbies and some spoiled people fall under. RO has an existence of many small cultures in it :U If you didn't know MMORPGs are actually one of the most valued tools for gathering information to research cultures and other anthropological topics.

In fact major games like WoW have allowed groups to study their playerbase. WoW actually undertook a study in which they released a plague-like debuff that acted much like a real plague, and researchers observed the population to see how some people react to some things :U

LoL uses actually psychologist and psychiatrists at times to try and better control the infamously awful culture in their game (and even though it doesn't look like it, many of their implementations of such psychosocial ideas have worked in some ways.)

Like I can get more into the intellectual side of things here but bleh.

Edited by Joatmon, 04 January 2017 - 10:54 PM.

#21 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Tldr

I'm just gonna agree with u. Don't feel like reading -.- who wants cheese

#22 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

It's common for pub parties, if you want to be sure on your runs as to not waste supplies, make some trusted friends and set a date.

#23 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

set a date.

Cad wants a date. There I fixed it. Tu tu ru cheddderrrrrrrrrr ^.^

#24 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

It's common for pub parties, if you want to be sure on your runs as to not waste supplies, make some trusted friends and set a date.

My trusted friends are all asleep or busy when I have time for bios :'D

#25 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:22 AM

Cad wants a date. There I fixed it. Tu tu ru cheddderrrrrrrrrr ^.^

If it's for free, y not :D

My trusted friends are all asleep or busy when I have time for bios :'D

Then expect for the worst, even in the games you mentioned or other dungeon/ instanced , it's prone to happen in pub parties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users