Auto Shadow Spell Chaser discussion - Page 3 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Auto Shadow Spell Chaser discussion

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Valk knife is only good if you get a whole lot of matk on the rest of your gears/stats, using 4 racial cards(or future immortal wind ghost, but he's a miniboss from an instance lol).

For garment i'd pick HBP over FAW. You dont need cenere to begin with, you can put a Nightmare Ancient Mummy wich will boost the damage of both Fire Bolt from CD and Meteor Storm shadow spell. If you enchant FAW with aspd1 and spell6/6, lets say with 120 agi and 100 int, you are getting just 1 aspd+6% and 47 matk, while a +9 hbp as long as you have at least 90 on these stats you get 1 aspd+8% and 50matk, as well as the other stat bonuses if they reach 90.

FQL EQ damage is pretty low on chasers, basically because EQ deals magic damage based on your atk, autocast chasers go with matk, so wont deal any significant damage.

And you want to use the Evil Spirit Glove as accessory btw, it gives you more autocasts :v and some pretty strong ones.

#52 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Valk knife is only good if you get a whole lot of matk on the rest of your gears/stats, using 4 racial cards(or future immortal wind ghost, but he's a miniboss from an instance lol).

For garment i'd pick HBP over FAW. You dont need cenere to begin with, you can put a Nightmare Ancient Mummy wich will boost the damage of both Fire Bolt from CD and Meteor Storm shadow spell. If you enchant FAW with aspd1 and spell6/6, lets say with 120 agi and 100 int, you are getting just 1 aspd+6% and 47 matk, while a +9 hbp as long as you have at least 90 on these stats you get 1 aspd+8% and 50matk, as well as the other stat bonuses if they reach 90.

FQL EQ damage is pretty low on chasers, basically because EQ deals magic damage based on your atk, autocast chasers go with matk, so wont deal any significant damage.

And you want to use the Evil Spirit Glove as accessory btw, it gives you more autocasts :v and some pretty strong ones.

Thank u for always being so useful. I already used a lot of ur tips from other posts/threads.

I was definitely going in the wrong direction.

Evil Spirit Glove is a new one for me. I also underastimated HBP without making calcs. Gonna pickup a Evil Glove 

-EDIT-

And what do u have to say about the +10 Commemorative Pin, +10 RWC Memory Knife and RWC Pendant combo?

Edited by Hisiru, 04 May 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#53 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

RWC combo (dagger+ unslotted pendant) is currently the best magic damage you can get once you reach high refine lvls. But it MUST be the combo, otherwise as separate pieces they arent very good, with the exception of RWC Pin, it's a good one by itself for some steady damage boost.

Try to get them always in multiples of 3, as they get bonuses form those refines.  A +12 RWC Pin gives 14% MATK by itself, wich is pretty big considering what else we got for headgear slot. With the pendant combo, it gives an extra 1% for every 2 refines, making the 14% from +12 jump to 20% matk, pretty big.

The only downside is being tied to use an unslotted RWC Pendant wich kinda sucks, missing out on an elvira for some boost on CD in Mouth Lightning and Soul Strike, not that much tho, and well, maybe a more usefull overall accessory for you (you pretty much want the Evilspirit glove with you 100% of the time). The RWC dagger despite having just 1 slot, it gives 10% matk, wich basically makes up for 1 slot. Ah and since it not only gives matk but also quite a bit of atk with it's effect, your physical part of Duple Light will be a little bit stronger.

#54 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

RWC combo (dagger+ unslotted pendant) is currently the best magic damage you can get once you reach high refine lvls. But it MUST be the combo, otherwise as separate pieces they arent very good, with the exception of RWC Pin, it's a good one by itself for some steady damage boost.

Try to get them always in multiples of 3, as they get bonuses form those refines.  A +12 RWC Pin gives 14% MATK by itself, wich is pretty big considering what else we got for headgear slot. With the pendant combo, it gives an extra 1% for every 2 refines, making the 14% from +12 jump to 20% matk, pretty big.

The only downside is being tied to use an unslotted RWC Pendant wich kinda sucks, missing out on an elvira for some boost on CD in Mouth Lightning and Soul Strike, not that much tho, and well, maybe a more usefull overall accessory for you (you pretty much want the Evilspirit glove with you 100% of the time). The RWC dagger despite having just 1 slot, it gives 10% matk, wich basically makes up for 1 slot. Ah and since it not only gives matk but also quite a bit of atk with it's effect, your physical part of Duple Light will be a little bit stronger.

After that I have to make the last question to decide everything. If I can afford a +12~+13 Zaha Doll, should I forget about the RWC Pin? You said before the difference is not that big, do u still think the same if it's a highly upgraded Zaha Doll? I am trying to get a second opinion on this subject because I came from a hiatus and I am not too familiar with a lot of stuff now.

Edited by Hisiru, 04 May 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Zaha Doll damage is higher,obviously. The benefit on RWc Pin is being a constant boost, Zaha is a proc. Pick whatever you prefer. (The difference isn't big considering zaha initial/possible downtimes, if it's always up, zaha wins)

#56 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

I think that completes everything I need to know before I heavily invest on it. Thanks!

#57 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Is a bow spell chaser any kind of viable or am I stuck using daggers, my bow stalker is nearly 99 and I was wondering if I need to start investing in different gear.

#58 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Is a bow spell chaser any kind of viable or am I stuck using daggers, my bow stalker is nearly 99 and I was wondering if I need to start investing in different gear.

Not sure what you meant by Bow Spell Chaser but auto-spell skill does not work with bows so yeah you're stuck on using daggers.

#59 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:49 PM

Is Autospell even active during the duration of Frenzy? Can it even work with Freny, I heard during Autospells duration it does continuously use SP.

#60 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

Is Autospell even active during the duration of Frenzy? Can it even work with Freny, I heard during Autospells duration it does continuously use SP.

Auto-spell definitely works with Frenzy. LunaMonnBunny tried it and posted a pic on another thread(can't find it sorry). Auto-spell does not drain SP when active and still procs magic with 0 SP. Invisibility is the skill the continuously drains  SP when active.

Edited by Usurper, 04 May 2017 - 11:07 PM.

#61 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

you can even use maximum power trust+frenzy and see your duple light damage almost triple :v

#62 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

Now if only Full Throttle is a bit decent...

Edited by Usurper, 05 May 2017 - 03:45 AM.

#63 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

even if it was super good, the 50min online cooldown is what really kills it

#64 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Not sure what you meant by Bow Spell Chaser but auto-spell skill does not work with bows so yeah you're stuck on using daggers.

Well crap, time for me to do more research, it looks like the stat build I'm working is good at least, I've been using CD in Mouth and RoFL/RoR and that's been pretty fun so far, I was hoping I could get a better version of that once I hit SC and keep my bow, time to invest in some knives for later

#65 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

Picked up a +9 Krishnagar last night, rest of my gear atm is a +4 Exceeding Valk Armor, +9 DeLuxe HBP, either +7 exp shoes for whatever I'm leveling on or +4 Low Level Boots, +7 AoA, Evolved Red Ribbon, CD in Mouth, RoR/RoFL

Been using a +8 Hybrid Cursing Arbalest since I was a thief, going to swap it out with a +4 Hybrid Kingbird Catapult to get my early job levels before switching to the dagger for autospell

Stats are as of now 99 agi/90 dex/40 int, currently 98/68 and I should hit Chaser by tonight

A few questions I have right now are, what should I card into that Krishnagar?

I got Thieves Guide from the current OCP, is it worth swapping the rings out for?

What piece of gear should I start saving for next, better hat, better boots? (mostly played pre-renewal, pardon my old af gears lol)

My stats have been working pretty good for a bow stalker but should I start pumping vit next or more int for autospell damage?

#66 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

-Either racial magic damage%(would be kinda expensive if you want to make multiple races) or the NCT/NP combos, or more autocasts :v(just not bloody knight)

-You only keep the Thieves Guide equiped if you gonna use Frenzy(because you literally cant switch lol). It's not a good gear stat wise for autocast. Just switch it to gain access to the skills you want.

-That's mostly on you, there are many gear updates possible for you. Temporal Boots(once SC), Zaha Doll Hat/RWC Pin/Celine Ribbon/Very Normal Hat, Mad bunny shield, NAM carded hbp instead of Salamander, etc.

-You can pretty much not touch dex again for a while now, get int for damage and put vit if you are getting in situations where you get mobbed. Vit increases stun resistance(100 total grants immunity, and is almost mandatory), more HP pool and healing item efficiency.

#67 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Very Normal Hat seems to be the most cost effective upgrade right now, temporal boots are all over the place in price depending on the upgrade level/enchants, I'll do some more research on those before I make that investment.

I have an un-upgraded MBS from the last refine event in storage, i'll +4 it for now and hope for enriched hammer from the event I guess =/

I at least still have a set of +7 racial guards and hodremlin carded immune shield for now.

I also managed to get a +7 malicious shadow set from the last shadow refine event, does the leach help at all without any other leaching gear? (I don't really have any other shadow gear aside from the basic stuff the mysterious bugs drop)

Thanks for the info

#68 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

leech doesnt work in magic

#69 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

I know it doesn't proc off magic, but does it proc off ranged damage since I'll be using a bow still for the first few job levels, I can more or less avoid the majority of hits unless it gets really mobby just wanted to try and save a few pots, I'll switch back to the basic shadow set for now when i actually start mageknifing things since I don't think my physical melee damage would be enough to make the leach worth anything

#70 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

How about magical ring in accessories?

is evil spirit glove is still better?

#71 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

you do want one of your accessories to be Evil Spirit Glove because it gives you mroe autocasts, mainly the P Wave. The other accessory slot is entirelly up to you.

#72 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

I have a magical ring already and I can pick up an evilspirit glove tonight, once I get back to my own computer I might get some video of me probably being terrible at pvm as my build comes together, thanks for the advice/help so far

I'm guessing the Ifrit rings (RoR/RoFL) are more suited to a physical type build? (or just general shenanigans)

#73 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

the rings are suited for pre Evil Spirit Gloves era :v

#74 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

I have 100 luk, 4 Skeleton soldier cards on my valkyrian knife and don't use too much dex. If you always (or almost always) hit u have more autocasts. I don't like dex because a lot of monsters/mvps has that annoying agi up skill that makes u miss even if u has some significant dex.

#75 Rapralph

Rapralph

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGotham City

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:32 PM

hmmm,

so it is better to be 1 dex and more luk  and faceworm queen leg is not a smart choice for pure auto cast sc.

Thanks thanks  :thx:

Edited by Rapralph, 10 May 2017 - 10:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users