Auto Shadow Spell Chaser discussion - Page 4 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Auto Shadow Spell Chaser discussion

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

hmmm,

so it is better to be 1 dex and more luk  and faceworm queen leg is not a smart choice for pure auto cast sc.

Thanks thanks  :thx:

I think u have 2 good options: 

1- RWC combo (pendant, hat and dagger) with dex
2- valk dagger [x4 ss cards] and zaha doll and

I am going for the second option because I think crits are more reliable and better against a lot of MVPs/monsters. 

The problem about the second route is that if you have double attack it can be a problem to u.

When double attack is is procced it cancels ur critical strike, which means double attack has priority over critical attacks and every double attack usually misses in this build against certain mvps. Thats why people who really wants to make shadow chasers for pvm/mvp doesn't lvl up a single point in double attack skill when they reborn. That makes u gain A LOT of extra damage by always getting crits which makes u have more auto casts.

The most important stat in this build is obviously aspd (192~193 if possible with buffs/consumables) then matk and then CRIT. With the build I have it's above 90% crit. 

Since I am very passionate about the class I am making 3 shadow chasers (1 for PVM/MVP, one for WOE and another one of PVP).

Don't be too worried about the double attack thing. If you are still low lvl u just need to reborn and not get double attack, if you are above lvl 100 just 

As for faceworm, I made some calcs based on what Ash said in other posts and I really dislike it. It should be good for str based auto cast SC, and it will probably be more common in the next couple months once we get some new cards but right now it's not worth it in my opinion. It doesn't really matter how high the weapon's base attack is because ur goal is not to deal more physical damage with your autos, your goal is to deal more damage with your auto casts. Also, the effect of faceworm is REALLY bad for matk auto cast chasers because earthwake is based on your atk and the earthwake effect on this thing is low level so it doesn't deal significant damage.

Thats why I prefer to go either rwc combo or valk knife (for 4 slots to put more damage or go the crit route).

I like the valk knife because going crit makes me hit any MVP and I can waste less point on luk than I would need to spend on dex to face cetain mvps. 

Oh, and this "crit" thing is not my idea. It's from a guy that was very famous for solo killing a lot of MVPs with his SC.

PS: Tao Gunka is not necessary to kill mvps. Also keep in mind that the vid bellow was recorded from the bRO server (brazilian server) and we have some better equips here on iRO like Zaha Doll and Valk Knife which is not implemented there yet.

Edited by Hisiru, 11 May 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#77 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

I am going for the second option because I think crits are more reliable and better against a lot of MVPs monsters.

I always thought that this was viable, It's like a DD Crit version for SCs. I posted something like this in a thread before but my idea was a bit different. I was planning on making an auto-spell SC with high physical (using crits) and magical attack to get the most out of dupe light. This was inspired by the skill Invisibility.

Imagine dishing out 1k OR more crit damage followed by relentless magic attacks.

With all the new cards and equipment we have there's just a lot of possible combinations to try this out unfortunately I don't have the time or money to do so.

And yeah bRO is so much different than iRO so I'm not sure if most of what that SC does on his vid can be applied to our server.

Edited by Usurper, 11 May 2017 - 02:58 AM.

#78 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

thete the Elemental Sword was never fixed, and any time Cold bolt procs from any source, it will activate all the skills from ele sword, so he has Cold Bolt on his shadow spell. Their Wickebine Cat ear also give 100% mdef ignore when the proc activates, wich is what makes his damage decent against ifrit.

#79 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:54 AM

never nerfed =/ never fixed

#80 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

fixed, coz with that still going you can do infinite bolt casting SinX. Cast coldbolt with one swords equiped, switch to other ele sword, and keep switching, it never ever stops until you stop doing so. 

#81 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

I always thought that this was viable, It's like a DD Crit version for SCs. I posted something like this in a thread before but my idea was a bit different. I was planning on making an auto-spell SC with high physical (using crits) and magical attack to get the most out of dupe light. This was inspired by the skill Invisibility.

Imagine dishing out 1k OR more crit damage followed by relentless magic attacks.

With all the new cards and equipment we have there's just a lot of possible combinations to try this out unfortunately I don't have the time or money to do so.

And yeah bRO is so much different than iRO so I'm not sure if most of what that SC does on his vid can be applied to our server.

I am pretty sure everything you can do on bRO can be done on iRO since they are way behind in the patch notes and they have much less resources/items than us. Everything they can do we can do better. There are a lot of good equipments for mvp/pvm shadow chaser that is not available on bRO. 

And your idea sounds interesting, unfortunately I don't have the money to do it :(

I will try to invest more on my pvm/mvp sc and maybe I get some valuable cards from it. I know I could solo mvp easier on ohter classes but I just want to play SC and Rebels, so...

Edited by Hisiru, 11 May 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#82 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

their different cash shop items and bugs makes so you can't replicate everything that happens there :v

#83 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

their different cash shop items and bugs makes so you can't replicate everything that happens there :v

They still have inferior items even considering their cash shop and he can still solo a lot of mvps. His final build (considering cash shop items) is much weaker than what we can have here, so I think it is, at the very least, something to base on. We wouldn't be able to do that if we used kRO as comparison since they have much stronger items 

#84 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

I made mine as a bow thief in like, 2005 I think, with the intention of making him essentially a "wizard that can shoot stuff."

I realized this was a terrible idea as a normal rogue the first time I tried leveling in magma with SG and lost my primary leveling skill to fireball after the second mob, so I stat reset to pure dex/agi and finished life as a regular old bow rogue

The 90 dex I have was just for damage leveling up to 99 this time, but I figured it would work out for an autospell build, kinda sad it doesn't work with bows still but it kinda makes sense since you need a weapon that adds MATK.

The class so far has been a blast (this was my first real agi based character I've gotten to a decent level) and I'm really excited to what I can do with proper gears as a Chaser.

I'm really glad to see both caster and bow rogues got some love with their third class skills

Edited by DexRain, 11 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#85 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

They still have inferior items even considering their cash shop and he can still solo a lot of mvps. His final build (considering cash shop items) is much weaker than what we can have here, so I think it is, at the very least, something to base on. We wouldn't be able to do that if we used kRO as comparison since they have much stronger items

just the non nerfed wickebine ears + non fixed Elemental sword already makes them very on par competitors to our updated gears.

#86 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

just the non nerfed wickebine ears + non fixed Elemental sword already makes them very on par competitors to our updated gears.

Yeah but I think we should only talk about shadow chaser equips here. That guy doesn't use those items on his guides/videos. He is doing all that with things  that are much weaker than what we have on our server thats why I use him as an inspiration to make my sc.

@DexRain

I would say bow chasers needed a little more love but yeah it's completely viable.

Edited by Hisiru, 11 May 2017 - 03:10 PM.

#87 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

didnt really looked into wich headgear he's using but he's definitely using ele sword, otherwise there would ne no bolt procs

#88 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

didnt really looked into wich headgear he's using but he's definitely using ele sword, otherwise there would ne no bolt procs

He is not using elemental sword, he is using Ancient dagger with crit stones, which is the same ancient dagger we have on iRO and we don't even use it here because of how bad it is compared to valk dagger/faceworm/rwc combo.

I guess since he is against Ifrit he copied Ice Bolt and used 2x Siroma cards since Meteor Storm would be really bad against Ifrit.

All the items are described on the video's description, I looked into it and all/most of them are inferior or much inferior to what we have here, which means we could probably kill Ifrit faster than him on iRO.

#89 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Is it worth slotting the different Lichtern cards into Very Normal Hats?

Both items are rather inexpensive so picking up a set to swap depending on where/what I'm leveling on should be pretty easy on the wallet.

And what's the best card for Evil Spirit Glove.

Finished the job change last night, not a fan of the big drop in my SP pool but it looks cool, Stalkers sit way cooler though =/

#90 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Yes, it is worthy. As of cards on ESG, try frozen wolf card (1% matk) or owl viscount (aspd 3%)

#91 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

or Elvira to boost CD in mouth Lightning and Soul Strike (and possibly any copied skill)

#92 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

How to you handle damage mitigation/healing on A.S.S chaser?

I'm used to playing hindsight sorc, GX/RG the former using haahi and the later both using leech gears. Neither of those seem like an option and i'm having a bit of a rough time just having rolled into SC (102/16). Is it just about potting through damage? I just kinda added stats as I went, forgetting what type of game RO is after a few years away. could have planned a bit better.

Spoiler

Edited by Hrothmund, 16 May 2017 - 01:26 AM.

#93 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

At early levels it'll be hard. I haven't used Evil Spirit Glove yet or the accessory that auto cast HP regen so I'm guessing that potting is the only option.

One you achieve a certain level to be able to grind in Norg Road, just copy Storm Gust, it'll minimize damage you receive because it will freeze mobs, only downside is you have to ctrl+click 1 monster at a time.

At higher levels once you have high aspd and matk damage, Meteor Storm will always proc rendering mobs stunned and killed before they can reach you. At least this is what I remember.

Edited by Usurper, 16 May 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#94 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

ok cool. which accessory does HP regen? currently I'm still using RoR and working on upgrading RoFL to break the set effect.

I just edited in my gear/stats

Also what does evilspirit glove actually autocast? I was using elemental sword but aside from the ASPD hit, the other problem if the ctrl-click target dying too far ahead of everything else so I might want to avoid single target procs in mobbing situations.

I'm on a bit of a budget (something like 100m) until the build starts to perform before I invest heavily in it :P

Edited by Hrothmund, 16 May 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#95 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

The cash shop medium life potions are pretty nice if you don't mind spending real money, you'll only really have to pot through the really big mobs

I'm kind of in the same boat you are, currently 100/8, finishing a bunch of bounty boards to turn in all at once to get my next couple of job levels, my stats are different though since I was leveling up as a bow stalker, I just have AS copied for now clear mobs till I can get max autospell and switch to my dagger, gonna stock up on fireproofs and try magma with SG copied once I finish these job levels

Stats as of now are

STR 1

AGI 99

VIT 1

INT 50

DEX 99

LUK 1

Working on getting int to 90 for now then eith pumping some points into vit or getting agi to 120 for temp boots

Evilspirit Gloves autocast psywave, frost nova and mystical amp while attacking and dazzler when being attacked

#96 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:30 AM

On euRO we have this hat:

Inconspicuous Hat [1]

A simple hat that would look inconspicuous in any crowd.

It's very helpful to anyone who is trying to blend in.
Increase MATK by 7%.
If Base Int 120 or higher: Increase MATK by 30.
If upgraded to +7 or higher: Increase ASPD by 2.
If upgraded to +9 or higher: Increase MATK by 10 for every upgrade over +8.
Class: Headgear 
Defense: 10 
Weight: 20 
Required Level: 100 
Jobs: Shadow Chaser

Would that be a better choice than Zaha Doll Hat[1]

Regards

#97 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

No

#98 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

chasergears.jpg

I've replaced the boots with +9 Enhanced Variants of Sorcery, the Temp Agi Boots are Hawkeye/AD4 that I picked up cheap, once I hit 110 I'll swap to an Elvira carded Evilspirit Glove and a Magical Ring, I also have a pair of Alchemy Gloves of Ifrit

I have +9 Very Normal Hats withe Blue and Red Lichtern cards and I'm working on getting the Green hat to +9 now, also have Weakened Fenrir mid gear

Next purchase is going to be the NCT card set I think

Been doing the Juno Bounty Boards with Auto SG and MS copied for now, going to try Nogg Road once I hit 110 and see how that goes Harpies/Goats/Sleepers are going pretty well so far and crap loot is great.

I'm using Medium Life Potions from kafra shop and I only really have to pot if there's 20+ monsters on me, SG normally procs before I take too much damage though (I do feel like an obnoxious bastard with auto SG though haha)

Going from a single target bow stalker to this has been interesting, it's fun though for sure

#99 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

As a bit of an update to my damage mitigation, I went with Witch Pumpkin Hat/alarm mask in Juperos when I hit 111 -> 126 (currently still there).

It's a pretty big hit to DPS, but after using up 1k pumpkins I've picked up ~300-400 cookies which heal 3-4x as much so it's pretty much stable for recovery items. I'll swap out eventually, but its working really well so far. I'm saving the cookies for scarab later on I think, or a different char.

That evil spirit hand is absolutely amazing offensively and defensively. ditched RoFL since the BB proc messes up mob placement, just using RoR for assumption atm but will replace that later as well. I'm still using Deviant HBP, but once Vit gets up to 90 will swap to the nightmare mummy most likely with HBP.

WDmHE2X.png

Edited by Hrothmund, 31 May 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#100 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

I'd also like to suggest copying level 10 heal(once base int reach 90 for decent heal amount) if in case you guys run out of recovery items or have 0 zenny to afford it. I'm one of those players that avoid using recovery items as much as possible(or I'm just cheap as -_-).

Downside is you won't be able to heal during Auto-Spell because of the skill delay, so you might want to back slide/feint bomb first, recover/heal then start attacking again.

Edited by Usurper, 31 May 2017 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users