Classic January 12th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic January 12th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

January 12th

2pm -6pm

Event

• Holiday Exp event ends!

Quests

• Christmas Quest ends!
  • The next new Headgear quest, the Wandering Wolf Helm. Speak to Frank in Morocc (156, 194).

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Talking about future event things for the classic server. Currently with Ozallia handling much of the day to day tasks for the servers I can start focusing on bringing better events to the servers then we have over the last year.

kRO has said that they will be handling the Valentines day event for both Renewal and Classic. So we will be focusing on St. Patricks day in house.

Currently I am working on an event instance with Unique Gear Rewards, New Map (Built in House), and a quest line with O Riley and his self help manual.

To prevent myself from being pulled away and unable to implement this plan we have started the creation cycle early. We are purpose building this for classic so that it will work on both servers when the day comes.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Can we have boxter to get rid of all the excess stupid hats from previous boxes before we remake them?  :p_laugh:

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

I think you should work on making the playerbase visible and social. It's the same as when I rebuild the guild after a period of inactivity > Social players to build active and visible playerbase then builds and brings the WoE/competitive players. I can't imagine it's much different building the game playerbase either. 

not poopooing a new instance but.... I don't think anyone uses hazy. I know that nobody in Valhalla does since it was beta. 

#5 Kmil0

Kmil0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:IRO Loki Classic

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hi Campitor, what about the spotlight is still lutie?

#6 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

sooo, do we have mid tier boxes yet? :questionmark:  :p_love:  

any in house on high tier? :questionmark:  :p_sleep:  

silver key ideas? :questionmark: :p_swt:

had to tell a player yesterday "ya, if you want that hat better come back in six months when there's a way of getting it." :heh: it is good that you are thinking ahead. i just really think this portion of the econ you are trying to replace, needs to be finished. and prolly first. :help:

#7 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Frank's -_-... and he isnt at 156, 194, he is at 156, 94... Quest wont start. Good update, go team!

#8 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

As long as i know it works only if you got the cert...

#9 jimbolol

jimbolol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

So it wouldn't really be a quest... would it?

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

please deposit $$ to begin

#11 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

So it wouldn't really be a quest... would it?

Exactly.

#12 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Before you go all in working on temporary content, could you spend some time working on things that wont actually go away? Especially if you're going to be adding temporary new items of unknown power that would leave with the instance when the event ends.

There's still New World items that we dont have yet that we should have. When I say that, I dont mean put these items into your event instance, because that hasnt really worked for the Challenge Dungeon. They should be available to players, it wouldnt take long for you to create ways for players to obtain them.

#13 Demiscrub

Demiscrub

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Hello,

I was wondering how I can start the Wandering Wolf Helm quest.

Frank just say he can craft it for me (like all the other headgear certificates, just for this I can't find a certificate).

Cheers,

Demi

#14 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

There's no Wandering wolf helm cert in the Kafra Shop. Is it only avaliable via Treasure cache system? =/

#15 Demiscrub

Demiscrub

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:21 AM

There's no Wandering wolf helm cert in the Kafra Shop. Is it only avaliable via Treasure cache system? =/

I have only found those from this Cache-Me (Mimics) Low Level Cache. Got like 33 and could not Trans with those in the inventory...Also I just got like 1Bronze Key for 1 of these boxes. Had to NPC them all :(

Why not Exchange them with Silver Boxes or so?

#16 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

I have only found those from this Cache-Me (Mimics) Low Level Cache. Got like 33 and could not Trans with those in the inventory...Also I just got like 1Bronze Key for 1 of these boxes. Had to NPC them all :(

Why not Exchange them with Silver Boxes or so?

Got any wandering wolf helm cert? I want to know which items do i need to make it.

To GMs: Are there currently any other caches besides low level? i want to get more certs instead of crappy cards. 

Edited by JGkush, 13 January 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#17 sunshadowaz

sunshadowaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:12 PM

Sincerely, sometimes I just need in game events that do not require complicated preparations. It could be just a server wide message about unexpected MVPs in town like Izlude. Or a GM can urgently need an item, and he will give reward to the first one that found him and give him the correct item. The point is to get the feeling of activities and pull people to come together.

#18 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

We're currently in the part of the development cycle for those boxes where it goes forgotten about / ignored and unchanged for a few months. They'll get around to finishing it eventua...HAHAHA just kidding. Good luck with your untradable or unstoragable keys and boxes!

Sincerely, sometimes I just need in game events that do not require complicated preparations. It could be just a server wide message about unexpected MVPs in town like Izlude. Or a GM can urgently need an item, and he will give reward to the first one that found him and give him the correct item. The point is to get the feeling of activities and pull people to come together.

Pretty much this. I miss when Oda would get on randomly and spawn things. Doesnt take much to spend 15-20 minutes in PvP or South Pront and make people feel like Classic even enters the GMs mind outside of those two or three hours every week when you're forced to do maintenance.

Edited by Themes, 13 January 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

How about hide n seek? I've been bored lately so I wouldn't mind running that again. Or a scavenger hunt

#20 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

How to get the damned wandering wolf hat certificate???

Edited by JGkush, 14 January 2017 - 11:07 AM.

#21 Budeg

Budeg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:31 PM

Is the information for the Treasure Cache's rewards or Hat Certificates posted somewhere?
As far as I can tell, the Treasure Cache so far is only openable with Bronze Key, and could sometimes yield hat certificates, besides food, potions, or buffs.
I remember on the 14th September Patch Note that there will be ways other than the mall, such as events, monster drops, etc. in which you are able to obtain it.
Any clarifications on how these work?

#22 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

As far as I remember only the first three certs were obtainable somewhere else. The chick hat being free, the lunatic hat cert from lunatic and the other one from Lord of the Death MVP. Then after those, they didn't reply to mob inquiry anymore and eventually we were told that besides kafra shop, the certs can be obtained from the treasure cache. May rnGod bless you to be able to get one from there tho.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

#23 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

As far as I remember only the first three certs were obtainable somewhere else. The chick hat being free, the lunatic hat cert from lunatic and the other one from Lord of the Death MVP. Then after those, they didn't reply to mob inquiry anymore and eventually we were told that besides kafra shop, the certs can be obtained from the treasure cache. May rnGod bless you to be able to get one from there tho.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

The Wandering wolf cert is not even on the kafra shop, or at least i can't see it. =/

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

The Wandering wolf cert is not even on the kafra shop, or at least i can't see it. =/

The headgear certificate/coupon is a random drop from the cache box. A key must be used to open the box and that can be obtained from any of the following: Kafra Mall, MVP, Job change quests and some other few sources. More info on the cache system can be found here.

I hope this answers your concern.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Really? it took that long and a topic to get that answer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users