patch from 2011-4-4 every time i open my client - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

patch from 2011-4-4 every time i open my client

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shamubear

shamubear

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

here's the thing i just downloaded the game and started playing recently but every time i open my client i have to patch and download very large files starting from 2011-4-4. and it usually take 30-40 mins to finish before i can play. is that always the case? do i have to run that patch every time i play? or my patcher is bugged or broken somehow? help me please.

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:59 AM

1. Where are you playing from — home?

2. Do you ever have trouble loading web pages?

3. Have you tried resetting Internet Explorer's configuration? (The updater uses Internet Explorer to download updates.)

Unfortunately, as you allowed all of the outdated updates to be installed, you must reinstall the client. In the future, if the updater begins to download updates from 2011, then you should do the following:
  • Immediately close the updater.
  • Download the following file:

patch.inf
  • Move the file you downloaded in the previous step into the client installation folder and replace the existing version.

#3 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:22 AM

*_* I'm having this issue as well

someone help >-<

#4 NoDice

NoDice

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:41 AM

@yaguhLOLOL: If this is a recent problem and you patched your client post maintenance followed by a patch released on 20th of this month then get this [file] and replace it with the patch.inf in your RO game directory. This will fix the issue of the patcher trying to download old files. But if you actually let it download older patches then you will have to re-install the game as Axylus mentioned above. As a precaution, either keep a copy of your game folder after maintenance when patching is successful elsewhere or keep a copy of the patch.inf file on your desktop to copy/paste it and fix the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users