Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - February - Page 2 - The Compass Rose - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - February

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#26 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:43 PM

Before asking questions, be sure to look at https://forums.warpp...eeting-2016-qa/ to see if your question is a duplicate of something that was already asked.

You can find our January Questions here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118789695

#27 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Before asking questions, be sure to look at https://forums.warpp...eeting-2016-qa/ to see if your question is a duplicate of something that was already asked.

thanks.. 

#28 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Can we limit questions to one per person?

It's all right for people to ask multiple questions, but we treat each one as a singular question.
Questions are chosen based on how often they occur (people agreeing, more demands for an answer), and whether it's something the studio can reasonably answer. There are some questions that were more answerable by our own production team and Campitor would have addressed them more accurately if he were there, but alas, he was sick this time. I'm aiming to have those answers on hand next time so we can have that portion whether or not he's on stream :)

I would just like to expand on the answer to my question from the latest Q&A, because the question was reduced so much the answer given really doesn't address anything that was bad about the current system.

The Mora enchant system is just plain bad RNG, I would ask that someone here try using over 1000 coins and see what they get from it. It's one of those systems that leaves me thinking that we need safe refines in order to make it useful.

kROs system does not address the major problems, it in fact adds a few more to it but eh.

All the little details in your previous post about the Mora enchant system were treated as suggestions for the developers for them to consider, not really something they could answer in the time frame we gave them. As mentioned in the stream, they are open to listening to player suggestions so no worries! It will be passed along.

#29 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

i feel like most oftenly ppl will not repeat a question already asked by others tho, coz y'know, was already asked

#30 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

Asked, but not answered. Like that question about weapon upgrade formula after becoming Mech. Even tho that question got liked by more than 2 people, it didn't get answer (or was it even forwarded?)

#31 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

asked again and again since the answer is "we'll look into it"

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

Why do ranged weapons (Bow, Pistols, Gatling, etc) don't receive the over upgrade bonus as other weapons do (speaking of the 0~14 atk per refine on lvl4 weapons, for example). Intented or a bug?

And gdi please fix Kagerou/Oboro elemental Charms boosts for their skills, the only ones working correctly are Flamming Petals/Wind Blade/Freezing Spear, all the rest is not receiving the boost in the proper way.

Example:

Flammin Petals with 10x Fire Charms. Each charm adds 20% dmg to the skill, with 10 of them it's 200%, aka triples it, and it works fine.

On Explosive Dragon tho, the Charm bonus is added to the skill formula. At max lvl it does 900%, Charm Fire effect is 15% dmg on it per charm, with 10 charms it's +150% aka multiplied by 2.5. BUT, what happens is this +150% damage is added to the skill percentage. The max lvl Explosive Dragon then becomes 900%+150%= 1050%. Instead of 2350% that should be.

This happens with every spell affected by Charms except the 3 basic ones.

Edited by Ashuckel, 02 February 2017 - 10:31 AM.

#33 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Why do ranged weapons (Bow, Pistols, Gatling, etc) don't receive the over upgrade bonus as other weapons do (speaking of the 0~14 atk per refine on lvl4 weapons, for example). Intented or a bug?

And gdi please fix Kagerou/Oboro elemental Charms boosts for their skills, the only ones working correctly are Flamming Petals/Wind Blade/Freezing Spear, all the rest is not receiving the proper boost.

Fix the entire K/O/Rebel Class.

My question :

Is possible for iRO to receive Star Emperor and Soul Reaper (Star Gladiator/Soul Linker evolution) simultaneously with kRO ?

#34 Ylliw

Ylliw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:29 AM

How about the verus enchantment and the gears? I feel the enchantment on garment and shoes at +9 refine is way too low that you cant get a good enchantment and a consecutive good enchantment. its like once in a blue moon  :heh:  . And also the max you can get doing quest is 5 charelston components per instance. Is there any way that we can get many components as Mora daily quest like you can get at most of 30+ coins? and for the verus gears, can it get a revamp because i think its obsolete that only the accessory are only useful because Armor has no slot, garments, and shoes are far cry to FAW,HBP, temporal boots.

Edited by Ylliw, 04 February 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#35 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

1. Mado Mechanic get severe penalty if they die in instance, as their Madogear blow up and can't go back to town to repurchase Mado. Would it possible to make usable item that enable equipping Madogear like Hunter flute? (Make it heavy weight and consume zeny)

In dev note said they're improving Madogear features to increase convenience. It may be implemented in the first half.
1. Increase movement speed per level, at level 5 will as fast as knight w/ peco.
2. Will receive natural HP recovery as normal.
3. Increase weight limit by 1500 while in Madogear.
4. Add consumable item that equip Madogear instantly when use. Very useful in instance.
5. Can use teleport while in Madogear.
6. Madogear can receive partial chemical protectionห (from alchemist skills).
7. Add overheat counter.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...52742&curpage=1

Edited by Sigma1, 03 February 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#36 Ylliw

Ylliw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:30 AM

how about the buffs of whitesmith? can madomechanic use it as well.

#37 Rarog

Rarog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Server:RT

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

Question: Unfortunately, the only way to communicate in chat is using 'Basic Latin' character set. Is it possible to add native support for multiple character sets (e.g. Cyrillic alphabet and diacritics) in Guild chat?

#38 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

1. It's been years since the last sprite color alt dye was introduced, could it be possible to create more palettes for players to choose from?
  2. Can we also receive more hairstyles as well?
  3. Recently the "Position Bug" was fixed on kRO, as well as Bowling Bash so it no longer needs gutter lines, and changing critical attacks to allow multiple hit passives like Double Attack, Trifeca and Fear Breeze to proc off a critical. Could these be pushed out to iRO as soon as possible? Fixing position bug alone might be one of the greatest QOL changes this game has ever had.

Edited by Toxn, 10 February 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#39 pedrocombo

pedrocombo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:29 AM

Yes please position bug it is a priority,cuz if not it makes the game looks old and unsupported and it can be negative ppl leaving.getting bored tec tec ?.?
Also what toxn said and instead of bringing new sprites that will confuse many player in detect which class is which class, bring please more palletes for clothes and hair... having only 3? is >.>
Also idk if my questions should be here but when will iRO will get game updates ,I mean, for example,when you create a buy shop, the first windows cant be placed in spot for evef ,when you close it and open again,the first windows appers in the left side in the border.Same applys to the dialogues like using kafra,when you log out, those dialogues ,their windows-board,appers always in the left side,in my case it frustrates me :/

All Kafra diaologues and options always appers in the left side not in the center  and cant be placed there for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please  T.T I know everybody suffer with this problem, also same applies when seen for example enchantments of weapons T.T

Please never bring same sex marriage its an aberration goes toward the the law of nature

Edited by pedrocombo, 15 February 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#40 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

Please never bring same sex marriage its an aberration goes toward the the law of nature

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118789695

12:33 - 14:42

#41 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

1. Is there any plans to bring THOR server active again? 

2. When will "Applying Crit dmg to Double Attack, Triple attack and etc" implanted to IRO?

#42 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

1Why are Maestro and Wanderer continually shafted in New gear updates? We have been asking for more equipment to buff our damage skills and support skills. Our current state makes us a class that only sits and looks pretty, are there plans anywhere to make the class more fun and dynamic with better damage options or are we doomed to sit and spam magic strings, gypsy kiss, and Frigg's song?

#43 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

I know this question has been asked already but no answer addressed yet. I just would like to re-post the same question to emphasize that this question particularly very important to me and I also would like to know.

My question is, when will this applying crit dmg on double attack be implanted in iRO?  Thank you ^_^

I believe this is my first time to ask a question here and I'm only asking one. Please dont ignore hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 February 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#44 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

And gdi please fix Kagerou/Oboro elemental Charms boosts for their skills, the only ones working correctly are Flamming Petals/Wind Blade/Freezing Spear, all the rest is not receiving the boost in the proper way.

Example:

Flammin Petals with 10x Fire Charms. Each charm adds 20% dmg to the skill, with 10 of them it's 200%, aka triples it, and it works fine.

On Explosive Dragon tho, the Charm bonus is added to the skill formula. At max lvl it does 900%, Charm Fire effect is 15% dmg on it per charm, with 10 charms it's +150% aka multiplied by 2.5. BUT, what happens is this +150% damage is added to the skill percentage. The max lvl Explosive Dragon then becomes 900%+150%= 1050%. Instead of 2350% that should be.

This happens with every spell affected by Charms except the 3 basic ones.

By extension can you please also fix the SP Recovery enchant for ranged attacks, it currently does not work (this is refering to Recovery Slot 3 malangdo enchant).

#45 FreecsBourne

FreecsBourne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:ChaosxThor

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

any PLANS for THOR Server? The server is roughly hanging on a single super tiny microfiber thread 

#46 Cormael

Cormael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

1. Can we expect fixes coming for most previously reported bugs (i.e. community headgear bugs) within this year?

2. Are there even plans to get at least stuffs in red text within the top half of the list from this thread this year at least?

#47 Eryzell

Eryzell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

1- Is There any updates on the issue of the areas that makes pets disapear?
2- Any plans on rebalancing Royal guard for PVM, as it lacks hp in comparison to RK,has a lack in damage compared with the other classes, has a huge cost of sp and even consume exp, haven't got a new item in long time, and sacrifice can even be surpassed by certain skills along with several bugs like guard allowing sp cost while canceling the skill damage and Overbrand huge chance of failure due to position lag ( the skill could at least have a new sprite that show the area that causes damage, because as it is now its pretty much a blind cast)?

#48 pedrocombo

pedrocombo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

What I know is that, if people ask for it to no be implemented they can consider it ?.?

#49 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:47 PM

O.e

e.o

e.e

-.-

-_-

Keep that -_- to yourself.

#50 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

When will the weapon sprites (in battle mode) be ever updated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users