180 replies to this topic

#1 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

When is a section for the Doram going to be out on forums? With testing under way and a lot of information floating around itd be nice to go ahead and pre-emptively set it up so the conversation doesn't start cluttering this forum section.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

It should be possible, will ask the CMs about preparing a subsection when the time comes!

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

It should be possible, will ask the CMs about preparing a subsection when the time comes!

Anywhere I can find more information bout Doram like gears and how to get them, etc?

For past few years I only logged in to WoE. I dont really follow forums much unless I'm told or I find there is some salt going on, then I come to post.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

yeah i really want to start learning about doram now not after it comes out

#5 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Xellie you should play renewal more often when dorams hit main servers, there would be lots of guy martie people willing to play with you here :heh:

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

I plan on making one even if it is only a meme

#7 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Sadly, the best information out there about Doram is all from private servers.

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

Anywhere I can find more information bout Doram like gears and how to get them, etc?

For past few years I only logged in to WoE. I dont really follow forums much unless I'm told or I find there is some salt going on, then I come to post.

There are some outside sources (non official) but I would take in their data with caution. You may also refer to Ziu's RO blog (google it!).

Also check this thread for the new skills listing.

I could be wrong but there are 3 notable builds for Dorams: Support, DPS and Magic.

How far is this updated is unknown but here's the skill tree:
http://www.divine-pr.../skilltree/4218

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

There are some outside sources (non official) but I would take in their data with caution. You may also refer to Ziu's RO blog (google it!).

Also check this thread for the new skills listing.

I could be wrong but there are 3 notable builds for Dorams: Support, DPS and Magic.

How far is this updated is unknown but here's the skill tree:
http://www.divine-pr.../skilltree/4218

Thanks! *meow*

#10 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Does kRO got no wiki? Hmm. Tried to look for Doram info too but can't find other than what's already here.

I hope Kitty Purry as ign won't be taken. If this was like a url then I'd like to reserve. :heh:

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:14 PM

As far as I can tell, kRO has no need for informative fansites since almost all information players need are on the official website. Even includes their own official Ragial feature and a searchable database. Much more well-off than the rest of the RO playerbase.

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

they have forums also to discuss things. tho some players use personal blogs to share build, guides, etc.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Does kRO got no wiki? Hmm. Tried to look for Doram info too but can't find other than what's already here.

I hope Kitty Purry as ign won't be taken. If this was like a url then I'd like to reserve. :heh:

to reserve the IGN, you can just make a novice with that IGN, then let it be. when doram come in, delete that novice and make a doram with that IGN.
reserving IGN using novice is just to make the name unavailable to anyone. once the char is deleted, the IGN is available again.

#14 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

There are some websites and a few WP forums posts regarding that, but if the GMs don't want to bother with an actual patch note, why bother. Every other source of info comes with a degree of uncertainty.

#15 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:10 PM

This is an example of guide for physical dorams but all of them are Korean.

http://m.inven.co.kr...idx=1957&l=1507

You can find the rest in inven board.

Edited by Sigma1, 12 January 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

Their HP is comparable to a GX one.

In general their skills have a low % but their gears/passive boosts make up for it, increasing dmg by a whole lot(physical ST passive literally doubles dmg of all those skills, even the max hp% drain from scar of tarou).
A lot of their skills have a chance of being double casted(like Double Bolt), chance wich increases every 30 lvls.
Catnip Meteor increases number of hits every 30 lvls(9 hits at 175, total of 6300%)

#17 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

I think this is the section of the Inven forums that relate to Dorams, though it's all in Korean there are threads with picture or video icons in the title you can check out to get an idea of gears etc. There are also replay files but they don't seem to work with the iRO client:
http://www.inven.co....p?come_idx=4544

The sticky thread there seems to be a guide for magic attack build dorams:
http://www.inven.co...._idx=4544&l=357

Another physical attack build guide, lots of pictures and youtube videos showing leveling progression:
http://m.inven.co.kr...idx=1957&l=1507

I don't know Korean but from picking at some Google Translated stuff, there will be some quests in the new doram-specific Lasagna  town which earns you tokens to trade for doram-specific equipment. This video shows where you can find those NPCs (starting from Prontera).

They get three different skill branches focused on magic attack, physical attack and recovery skills. Many get a few recovery / buff skills to support themselves while maxing either the magic or physical branches.

The recovery skills include things like Fresh Shrimp - similar to Renovatio. Tuna Belly - similar to Heal. Tuna Party - similar to Kyrie. I think there may be a difference in cooldown between levels so some might choose not to max them so they can re-use them more often, we'll have to wait and see what the cooldowns are like.

Buffs include things like Arclouse Dash which adds AGI and boosts movement speed. They also get a leap skill which I hear is similar to Taekwon's. Stoop skill is when they crouch and can resist more damage, so a tactic is to mob, stoop and cast AoE. Later other buff skills were added mentioned here.

I may be wrong but I think like with a battle bishop maxing ASPD may be tougher on a doram so for a physical build some suggest using an unslotted Mad Bunny shield for the +3 ASPD and Cenere carded garment. Picky Peck is a ranged attack so DEX makes a difference like a Ranger.

AoE wise it seems people say the magic build's Catnip Meteor is stronger than the physical build's AoE Lunatic Carrot Beat so I think they are more popular for mass damage. Like other magic caster classes INT etc. is important.

Gear wise many seem to use the doram specific shoes and accessories (Chubby Earthworm for physical which boosts Picky Peck, Grass Charm for magic which boosts Catnip Meteor). Many use Excellion Wing garment for after cast delay reduction which we don't have yet (those were added to Verus city later), those who don't use what we typically have such as an enchanted Fallen Angel Wing, Heroic Backpack etc. Likewise I think many use a doram-specific armor if not an Excellion armor. Headgears are also typical to what we might use such as Drooping Eddga etc.

The armor and weapons have different levels of quality like Basic, Elegant, Luxury etc. with the top most being more difficult to obtain and over-upgrade I believe. Most seem to use a +10 of the top most weapon that suits their build (e.g. Foxtail for physical).

Edited by soudou, 13 January 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#18 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

LOTS OF AWESOME INFO

THANK YOU This is a really helpful summary on what to expect people should link to it for Doram questions

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Physical Build is all ranged dmg(except scar of tarou wich is a DoT) and it's the highest single target DPS wich Picky Peck. Arclouse Dash move speed is like Cart Boost.
The aspd on physical builds is for Picky Peck spam, basically with high delay reduction it's spammability caps at your aspd, pretty much like Flamming Petals spam.

#20 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:30 AM

THANK YOU This is a really helpful summary on what to expect people should link to it for Doram questions

You're welcome, there might be some mistakes since I don't know Korean, just been digging a lot on those Inven forums after I heard the class was coming soon. I like how they seem similar to battle bishops so I'm looking forward to it. :p_laugh:

Physical Build is all ranged dmg(except scar of tarou wich is a DoT) and it's the highest single target DPS wich Picky Peck. Arclouse Dash move speed is like Cart Boost.
The aspd on physical builds is for Picky Peck spam, basically with high delay reduction it's spammability caps at your aspd, pretty much like Flamming Petals spam.

Yeah, DPS is important for Picky Peck it seems. I could be wrong about the difficulty in gaining ASPD but I saw s screenshot of a level 175 doram with 120 AGI and a Mad Bunny shield at 175 ASPD, and some Korean comments asking things like "How did you get over 190 ASPD?". After playing battle bishop I'm used to having to get lots of ASPD boosting equip though to achieve max ASPD. :p_sad:

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:46 AM

kRO aspd formula is different, very high agi and buffs there are a must. It will be k here to get aspd. (Even easier with Arclouse Dash adding 40 agi for 100s lol)

I got yet to check how much do their gears boost picky peck, but just with their passive alone it does 1400% with a chance of double casting(2800%), double cast guaranteed when enemy gets bellow 30% hp, and is ranged dmg wich is fairly easy yo boost. Yet to know if is boosted by base lvl.

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 January 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:49 AM

tuna belly is percentage base heal, so it is more like infinite yggseed/berry.
tuna party is like kyrie with durability of 50% HP (given doram has big HP pool, it is a bless), but unlike kyrie, it doesnt limited to how many hits taken.

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 January 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:53 AM

90% at max, tuna belly

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 January 2017 - 02:53 AM.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

I lol'd at their accessories for catnip meteor and picky peck lel
Catnip meteor dmg x3(18900% with max hits)
And picky peck dmg x4 or more (like 6000% with high dex, chance to double cast, super spammable)

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

Paging spoon to explain if doram is a supportive class and if its working correctly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users