why the sudden price drop for kera and aplysia medallions? - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

why the sudden price drop for kera and aplysia medallions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#1 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:24 AM

i sense there is something fishy going on, what do u guys think about the sudden influx of medallions? duping?

#2 yuvalsagi

yuvalsagi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:54 AM

Looks like duping , i saw someone selling 29 kera medals!!!.

Better to shut down the server untill the glitch is fixed.

Edited by yuvalsagi, 13 January 2017 - 05:54 AM.

#3 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Thank you for your report, this is something that the ROSE Team is investigating. If you wish to make a report regarding a specific player please send a ticket to our support team or contact me via PM. 

#4 yeci

yeci

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

well this has to be fixed fast! more and more players are getting those sets without putting any effort on it.. *annoyed*

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

It could be the fact that PvP Arena's have been dead and the players who par-take in those arenas are making use of their new found spare time to go farm them? It's just a theory I have. Less PvP means more activity in other departments, I would assume. 

Edited by Feuer, 13 January 2017 - 06:35 PM.

#6 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

i mean maybe? but the dude had 200+ of the rare king medals and 54 HOLY defensive scrolls....like i dont care how much you play this game...something aint right about that lol

most players struggle to get 1 holy scroll, yet he had 54 just chillin.

#7 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

What clan were they in? 

#8 7911140828020729663

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

just some dummy account a lowbie visitor walking around people were following him

#9 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

they duped those paragmatic crates, i spent months farming my rune. and for them just to max it with no effort it makes me sick.  

#10 iRexha

iRexha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Question, does anyone have legittimate proof of there being dupers? Just curious.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:19 PM

The only people who would have legitimate and incontestable proof would be the DEV's via the logs, or people involved in duping if it's occurring. I'd highly doubt any of them would step forward and volunteer the information if that was the case. 

However, I will say this. ROSE is not exactly in the most stable of positions right now. If this gets out of control like it did in the early open beta before P2P began, I don't think the server will survive. So, with that said, if there is duping taking place and the person or people responsible are reading this I'd like to convey that message to them. Your actions could destroy the very thing you enjoy playing, even if you're breaking the rules, you wouldn't have sought to gain power, if you didn't enjoy wielding it in the game content. So, if duping is back, please consider your actions before you destroy the game for everyone. I may not have the undying passion I once had for ROSE, but I don't want to see it so badly damaged as it was before. It barely survived the first wave, and that was back when ROSE was popular and in it's heyday. It won't survive an onslaught like that again. 

#12 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

Question, does anyone have legittimate proof of there being dupers? Just curious.

The only legit way it's possible is if some old player with a couple of medal stacks returned and sold them out without knowing it's value. ( Which i highly doubt & doesn't explain the holy's. )

Chances are some people are duping.

Edited by iRaphael, 13 January 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#13 klonoa999

klonoa999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

I will quit if dupes really happened in this server... its so very really hard to get medallion and holy scroll... and someone dupes ? seriously

Edited by klonoa999, 14 January 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#14 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:10 AM

Didn't they fix the dupe problem? Didn't they made so every item has a unique number and when a item is duped, there will be two items with the same number and one of them will disappear.

#15 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:43 AM

I will quit if dupes really happened in this server... its so very really hard to get medallion and holy scroll... and someone dupes ? seriously

welcome to the club

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

Didn't they fix the dupe problem? Didn't they made so every item has a unique number and when a item is duped, there will be two items with the same number and one of them will disappear.

That would fix the duplications resulting from lag/dc/etc but it wouldn't stop someone from duping if they tricked the server into thinking the item was generated from a source, instead of just tricking the server into 'storing' the same item in two places. If the server thinks the item is being generated, it will assign it a number itself, and the item will appear legitimate until it specifically is looked at with scrutiny. 

#17 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:27 AM

Thank you for your report, this is something that the ROSE Team is investigating. If you wish to make a report regarding a specific player please send a ticket to our support team or contact me via PM. 

Sure sure what ever 

Now the important thing: is there going to be a rollback? cuz noone in their right minds is going to play dungeons or pvp games just for it being wiped out so just tell us.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

What if there was no exploitation. [not saying there wasn't but kinda jumping the shark aren't you?] If there wasn't, then I'd say efforts to recover the market would be where the players interests should lay. 

#19 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:02 AM

check runes for being legit or not because im sure some people maxed them by duping paragmatic crates

#20 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:49 AM

What if there was no exploitation. [not saying there wasn't but kinda jumping the shark aren't you?] If there wasn't, then I'd say efforts to recover the market would be where the players interests should lay. 

Then they should of closed the server, my point is if they do a roll back now last 24 hours will gone to waste, even players who were legit playing or empowering their runes will be gone. 

If they were planning to do one they should of done it at the point of the "duping"

#21 iRexha

iRexha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:00 AM

But how would they know the point of dupes? Unless the logs are designed to track "dupes" or am I missunderstanding how they work.. :hmm: 

#22 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

But how would they know the point of dupes? Unless the logs are designed to track "dupes" or am I missunderstanding how they work.. :hmm:

I will try and explain ^_^

Correct me if I am wrong!

Every items has a unique database ID, when you dupe a item the ID gets duplicated too.

So for example I have a wooden sword with the ID 15, when duping the wooden sword U now have 2 items with the same ID.

With stackable items this is roughly the same story.

A stackable item has a unique ID of its own, this ID acts as a pool to hold all other individual ID's of all items within that stack.

Stack/Pool ID

67             104

-----------------------

Item ID's

1023         [ 1001 ]  <-- Original item

1078         [ 1001 ] <--- Duped

1457         [ 1001 ]  <--- Duped

1295         [ 1007 ] <-- One legit item in a stack with 2 duplicates.

The most left ID stack "67" is completely legit and contains no dupes.

It's clear which stack of items is duped, and if there are any duped items within that stack.

All of these items are "Should be" traceable but it's very tedious work without the right tools.

Let me add tho that when merging two stacks together, the smaller stack gets absorbed by the larger one if possible.

Adding the unique item ID's in the already existing stackable pool, deleting the other unique stack ID.    (This ID is probely used later again)

This is basic stuff, but it's not the same on every mmorpg.

Edited by Cortiz, 15 January 2017 - 05:47 AM.

#23 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

If u drop the items and pick them back up, they get an new id :rolleyes:

#24 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Cortiz, I don't understand anything from what you say...

But Peter, I think, you are wrong.

based on my experience of being GM on a server-we-don't-talk-about... I could follow an item and see who dropped it and who picked it up... and who traded it, who sold it, who bought it... and so on.

Nothing changed the ID of this item.

#25 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

Changed things a little, maybe it makes more sense now Lijona ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic