How good does Drain Life works in PVM situations - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How good does Drain Life works in PVM situations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

So, i already have a build made on my WL and i truly love it, but i've seen and been told that Drain Life is kinda good for soloing thought i haven't tried it myself really, can't really afford buying a neuralizer to try it cause i'm saving for the +15 crimson rod. Any user of this skill here could talk about it?

Besides, in most of the vids people uses it at lvl 4, could someone else tell something about this?

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

just saves pots, thats all

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

can heal more than 10k, i use level 5 since i dont take either comet or tetra

#4 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

It helps a lot in doing instances, since you'll need to carry less pots, and warlocks are not good at carrying stuff... Will help you save to the Rod too... XD Won't help you much in surviving, though, because of the somewhat long casting time.

#5 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Okay, ty for your answers guys. In the end i think i'm gonna reset and leave the Tetra away, i barely use it if it's not a pvp situation and pvm is what matter the most for me, thought i must admit i really loved that skill xD

#6 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

Another thing about Drain Life:

While it does have a really good success rate for the heal it is not 100%.

This low fail rate can screw you over if you rely too heavily on it in tight situations.

#7 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:20 AM

well i think is kind of late but, is really useful, as mages dont have any rideword hat and stuff drain life works as an inbuild hp recovery (and soul drain as our sp recovery) thingy, since i swap to drain life i reccoment people to do it, because at least for pvm is like having infinite ygg berries or seeds (depending on your dmg) on you, also you can store them to fast cast them and they are kind of lesser spell so you can store a bunch) with temporal dex the cast is kind of fast aswell.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Okay, ty for your answers guys. In the end i think i'm gonna reset and leave the Tetra away, i barely use it if it's not a pvp situation and pvm is what matter the most for me, thought i must admit i really loved that skill xD

Make another Warlock. :P I have one with Tetra for MVP hunting and one with Drain Life for non-GMT instances. Also, it'seems always good to have one more Bako per week.

#9 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

Make another Warlock. :P I have one with Tetra for MVP hunting and one with Drain Life for non-GMT instances. Also, it'seems always good to have one more Bako per
week.

I already made another one, 111 lvl only thought xD. And well after trying Drain Life i can't deny it's really worth it, heals max 27k with it and the cast is super fast so it's totally worth it, besides the situations i used Tetra even against low tier mvps was pretty low, i still have tetra only lvl 2 thought but well, once my next WL reaches a decent lvl (150 or around) i might change the main one to it's original build
Again, thanks for all the replies guys! And for always answering all my other bunch of questions in this mage class thread XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users