[Classic] Reduce castles on Classic please? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

[Classic] Reduce castles on Classic please?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

So i was sitting around the campfire with friends, family, loved ones, and my pet rock during siege because the castle to player ratio is way too high and I was thinking about what would happen if the "powers that be" reduced the number of castles duing siege per area to like 2.  God item parts could cycle per week or whatever, and econning may need to be tweaked a tiny bit...

but seriously... bottle neck where everyone can go and make these sieges a bit more interesting ffs.  I had more fun arguing with someone about strings today than I did trying to figure out where the five guilds were going to be at any given time.

Thoughts?

Love, the Tolrin fan club

#2 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

how bout u go woe with just a full port or half a prty. make it interesting

#3 Piketchupchu

Piketchupchu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

I haven't been back long but I'm inclined to agree.

Our GM sends small parties to the castles but they are always empty. 

#4 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

well then close them down. GM's need to do their jobs. for real this time. if ever they really did for classic.

#5 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

I think i'll have to agree on this, considering the last hour of WoE. Less castles would mean more action for everyone. 2-3 at most would be a fair amount

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

If out of the guilds playing *counts on fingers* (ano, d0ta, EL, roka, rpg, VH) 6 guilds are fighting over 10 castles and only 4 guilds are getting castles, then what we need is more castles or no changes so that they can all get one.

Those who don't compete should be punished as equally hard as those who do.WdVeyNX.gif

Edited by Xellie, 15 January 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#7 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

how bout u go woe with just a full port or half a prty. make it interesting

Half a party?  Making it interesting would consist of zero buff 3 man teams using apples instead of pots in some castles.  At least force classic to actually fight people, and hell maybe JUST MAYBE it would make WoE fun enough to entice a few more people to come play classic.

Or maybe not.  But it still seems like a better idea than most I've heard.

#8 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

We spent probably the first half of WoE yesterday doing nothing but econ* raid. The first hour is more or less a ghost town. The second hour isn't much better when ~100 people are spread over 10 castles. I guess when there's enough to go around, there's no real pressure to compete. Or even to show up the first 60-90 minutes. 

*econ creep is also in need of being addressed. 

#9 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

Bump for science.

#10 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Why doesn't the GM team or the CM team really... as in really sit and observe through whole WoE... (every realm and not just cherrypick who to watch) and see for themselves, firsthand, what the problem is.

#11 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Camp would rather sit in his ivory tower and post "DORAM TIME! jk..." updates for Renewal.

#12 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Well we have big updates coming to Renewal, so of course they would be devoting time to that at the moment. Campitor is also a developer, not a community manager here to answer questions on the fly. Yesterday was also a holiday and you posted this over the weekend.

Anyway, this is more than likely something that won't change. Forcing people to do something they don't want to do so others can have "fun" isn't good design.
Let's face it, some people go to WoE just to sit in an empty castle and have a tea party.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

That's no excuse myz, Classic gets no answers when players report a problem such as "this weeks headgear cert doesn't exist."

I want to note that I'm terrified to post on this topic because if I do it'll automatically turn our or get trolled or rejected.

Regardless of how much people like to teaparty, they can teaparty in town.

When a server is large and healthy, flying under the radar for a new guild is a good thing. And smart and sort of challenging.

that said, classic isn't large or healthy.

5 Castles or 10, if a certain guild wants to force another homeless, they will and can (and do) do it. the actual problem is coming from guilds being able to leave castles idle with no incoming almost all WoE and reap the rewards.

Then what happens is they turn on a weaker guild and leave them homeless - all because they [ the offending guild] only play the last few mins of WoE.

WoE inactivity and castle econ creep doesn't only hurt WoE. It hurts the whole economy. It injects miniboss cards into the game, it provides god items to everyone (tho I'm doing my best to control that) - there's no profit in it aside from spamming OCAs and spitting out cards that affect the game not only in woe, but the economy as a whole.

There;s also the small fact that I have over 2b zeny in OCable loot from castles waiting to hit the npc.

now I know that my very presence on this thread is going to be contentious because I'm the evil overlord guildleader that hates everyone and wants everyone to quit™ but I'd like to say that isn't true. We don't fight anyone unless they WANT to fight us. (I consider name calling, attacking our econ and leaving the alliance agreement a request to be attacked) Nobody asks these people to enter our castle or to provoke us.

If there were less castles, it wouldn't be safe for us to send 2~3 people to secure 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th castles. They'd have to fight a whole guild. Same goes for AnO. And sure, we could dunk on a small guild at the last moment, but that's just what we've earned.

So my proposal is..... alternate the realms. Close off treasure/okolnir in the weak the realm isn't active. Easy pz.

Now that means musical chairs where some have to fight.

because it's kind of bull-_- knowing the two guilds that had to fight in the last few mins of woe lost to guilds who were able to leave their castles unattended. Good for me but bad for actual competition when idleness is rewarded.

This solution should also punish those who only do the final 20 mins. It's called "WAR" of emperium not "Log in and pick up your rewards" of the emperium.

Edit:

Guildleaders shouldn't be scared at the concept of action. The plain fact is that a rival or a fight brings people to your side because it's cool to be involved in something. I mean this when I say it, we should ALL be able to talk like adults and figure out what to ask for to make the server better. I used to think more guilds was the answer (and maybe it is) instead of mergers. mergers, btw, are terrible. Everyone is small.... get over it.

But if nobody can leave their castle empty, this should hopefully lead to more smaller battles, rather than messy huge fights. I can't imagine that making the game entertaining for your members is a bad thing. And if you have a problem with members not wanting to pull together as part of the team, just spam annoying teamwork songs at them until they get the idea.

Edited by Xellie, 17 January 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#14 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

#teapartyofemperium

#15 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

That's no excuse myz, Classic gets no answers when players report a problem such as "this weeks headgear cert doesn't exist."

I want to note that I'm terrified to post on this topic because if I do it'll automatically turn our or get trolled or rejected.

Regardless of how much people like to teaparty, they can teaparty in town.

When a server is large and healthy, flying under the radar for a new guild is a good thing. And smart and sort of challenging.

that said, classic isn't large or healthy.

5 Castles or 10, if a certain guild wants to force another homeless, they will and can (and do) do it. the actual problem is coming from guilds being able to leave castles idle with no incoming almost all WoE and reap the rewards.

Then what happens is they turn on a weaker guild and leave them homeless - all because they [ the offending guild] only play the last few mins of WoE.

WoE inactivity and castle econ creep doesn't only hurt WoE. It hurts the whole economy. It injects miniboss cards into the game, it provides god items to everyone (tho I'm doing my best to control that) - there's no profit in it aside from spamming OCAs and spitting out cards that affect the game not only in woe, but the economy as a whole.

There;s also the small fact that I have over 2b zeny in OCable loot from castles waiting to hit the npc.

now I know that my very presence on this thread is going to be contentious because I'm the evil overlord guildleader that hates everyone and wants everyone to quit™ but I'd like to say that isn't true. We don't fight anyone unless they WANT to fight us. (I consider name calling, attacking our econ and leaving the alliance agreement a request to be attacked) Nobody asks these people to enter our castle or to provoke us.

If there were less castles, it wouldn't be safe for us to send 2~3 people to secure 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th castles. They'd have to fight a whole guild. Same goes for AnO. And sure, we could dunk on a small guild at the last moment, but that's just what we've earned.

So my proposal is..... alternate the realms. Close off treasure/okolnir in the weak the realm isn't active. Easy pz.

Now that means musical chairs where some have to fight.

because it's kind of bull-_- knowing the two guilds that had to fight in the last few mins of woe lost to guilds who were able to leave their castles unattended. Good for me but bad for actual competition when idleness is rewarded.

This solution should also punish those who only do the final 20 mins. It's called "WAR" of emperium not "Log in and pick up your rewards" of the emperium.

Edit:

Guildleaders shouldn't be scared at the concept of action. The plain fact is that a rival or a fight brings people to your side because it's cool to be involved in something. I mean this when I say it, we should ALL be able to talk like adults and figure out what to ask for to make the server better. I used to think more guilds was the answer (and maybe it is) instead of mergers. mergers, btw, are terrible. Everyone is small.... get over it.

But if nobody can leave their castle empty, this should hopefully lead to more smaller battles, rather than messy huge fights. I can't imagine that making the game entertaining for your members is a bad thing. And if you have a problem with members not wanting to pull together as part of the team, just spam annoying teamwork songs at them until they get the idea.

This x2

#16 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

I believe this topic has existed for years, with nothing done about it.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Reset classic and open only one castle please lol

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

A lot has changed since the last time this topic came up. I was against it before because there was still hope.

#19 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

Hmmm, I wonder who brought this kind of topic up before

Oh well to late now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#20 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

Hmmm, I wonder who brought this kind of topic up before

Oh well to late now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agreed with it back then and even wanted to make a 3rd woe with no gods/mvps and only 2 castles.

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

A lot more guilds quit since the last time this was mentioned, including those who were protesting any kinds of changes WdVeyNX.gif

Which reminds me, econ wipes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

#22 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

#D3^)G@$% :bash:

Edited by lxst, 21 January 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#23 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

WoE was fun today because mostly everybody was in one castle fighting.  Having fewer castles would make WoE a lot more interesting.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

can't wait till they do the whole guild cap discussion which is the next obvious and logical thread 

Today was good stuff tho

Edited by Xellie, 29 January 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

5HO7C9I.png

Edited by Xellie, 29 January 2017 - 01:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users