Bad or Good News? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bad or Good News?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Recently I've read a news on the korean inven.co.kr that RO will be revived in SEA but I doubted the meaning but with this I could possibly think that it's true.

What's your uptake on this guys? Bad or good? :hmm:

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Probably good in general and rip for classic 

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

The figures and statements used in the article are amusing.

#4 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

Not too surprised.

SEA is a large market, and it really doesn't fit having the official server for the region being a server hosted across the ocean.

Our Korean overlords game plan is basically cutting contracts, and taking control or giving the contract to a new publisher, and relaunching the services.

ThRO was relaunched with a new publisher.

TwRO was relaunched with Gravity Corporation taking direct control, and hosting it themselves.

IdRO is relaunching with Gravity Corporation taking direct control, and hosting it themselves. (It states "Gravindo", but I'm not sure if that is a new subsidiary or not. All registration for IdRO points to Gravity Corp in Korea)

And now a new SeaRO? or possibly ThRO will be the official server for the region, rather than a new server popping up.

It is probably for the best in the long run. It would be easier to attract players from the region than it would be to tell them to go to iRO. Hell, people from SEA don't even know iRO is the official server for the area. PServers have taken complete control since pRO died (and even before then, because lol pRO.)

It's interesting though, all the new servers advertise a Renewal with Prerenewal aspects, rather than straight up Renewal. Makes you think what the 3 remaining servers (bRO, EuRO and us) that haven't had a relaunch are going to do.

#5 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

MAKE RO GREAT AGAIN

#6 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Not too surprised.

SEA is a large market, and it really doesn't fit having the official server for the region being a server hosted across the ocean.

Our Korean overlords game plan is basically cutting contracts, and taking control or giving the contract to a new publisher, and relaunching the services.

ThRO was relaunched with a new publisher.

TwRO was relaunched with Gravity Corporation taking direct control, and hosting it themselves.

IdRO is relaunching with Gravity Corporation taking direct control, and hosting it themselves. (It states "Gravindo", but I'm not sure if that is a new subsidiary or not. All registration for IdRO points to Gravity Corp in Korea)

And now a new SeaRO? or possibly ThRO will be the official server for the region, rather than a new server popping up.

It is probably for the best in the long run. It would be easier to attract players from the region than it would be to tell them to go to iRO. Hell, people from SEA don't even know iRO is the official server for the area. PServers have taken complete control since pRO died (and even before then, because lol pRO.)

It's interesting though, all the new servers advertise a Renewal with Prerenewal aspects, rather than straight up Renewal. Makes you think what the 3 remaining servers (bRO, EuRO and us) that haven't had a relaunch are going to do.

I'd agree.

It just amaze me that some people think a pserver is an official server. I can't blame them though. Also, most people who played pRO are not even aware that iRO was the official server for those who live on SEA excluding Thailand, China, Japan and Korea.

If this really would happen, I'm guessing that Thor's population can't even compete with the one going to play on this new server.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

SeaRO is the new euRO perhaps? when all country official server shut down, why not making a new regional official server?

ha ha hu

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Well it's a good thing iRO refused to merge Thor with Chaos 'cause now they can just hand Thor over to kRO.

#9 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'm on the fence on this.

Never had experience playing a general SEA MMO server so that's why I'm on the fence :heh:

Please don't block us if this becomes a thing :sob:

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 15 January 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#10 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:30 PM

A block would be a bad thing, I hope it isn't enforced.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

So Thai RO vs SEA RO! *o*

#12 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

I'm on the fence on this.

Never had experience playing a general SEA MMO server so that's why I'm on the fence :heh:

Please don't block us if this becomes a thing :sob:

I don't think iRO has ever had blocks, at least not that I can remember since I've been playing since 2005. I don't think you need to worry. Even if they do it'd be easy to circumvent them with a simple proxy or vpn and they're probably not going to ban you for it. They'd just be losing money that way.

Edited by Faolain, 15 January 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#13 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:14 PM

iRO currently has certain regions blocked when it comes to registering new accounts. They have agreements with other servers.

#14 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

iRO currently has certain regions blocked when it comes to registering new accounts. They have agreements with other servers.

Gotcha.

However, I do still think it's quite unlikely they'll block current players as it is. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

#15 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

I don't think iRO has ever had blocks, at least not that I can remember since I've been playing since 2005. I don't think you need to worry. Even if they do it'd be easy to circumvent them with a simple proxy or vpn and they're probably not going to ban you for it. They'd just be losing money that way.

Afaik, some parts, if not the whole, of Eu are blocked. They use proxy to play the game.

#16 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

RIP Thor </3

#17 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

Well it's a good thing iRO refused to merge Thor with Chaos 'cause now they can just hand Thor over to kRO.

Maybe kRO got an idea of merging iRO Thor to SeaRO instead of iRO Chaos Renewal :heh:

There would be more visible language barriers in SeaRO if it's really launched by gravity, staying in iRO is a lot better option :p_idea:

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:29 AM

Maybe kRO got an idea of merging iRO Thor to SeaRO instead of iRO Chaos Renewal :heh:

There would be more visible language barriers in SeaRO if it's really launched by gravity, staying in iRO is a lot better option :p_idea:

Better connections to the server or being able to understand other players? Decisions, decisions.

#19 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

I don't think it is appropriate to discuss how to bypass the registration restriction on Warpportal website, also using VPN to register is not advised, it causes many issues later. For that, some postings were purged.

On topic, I agree with Toxn. This is actually good news. Saying that, please try not to spread doubt and fear among the readers, if possible please be patient till the community managers bless us with their input.

#20 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

if it isn't customize server... i'm on it.

#21 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:41 AM

Gotcha.

However, I do still think it's quite unlikely they'll block current players as it is. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Afaik, some parts, if not the whole, of Eu are blocked. They use proxy to play the game.

Yeah, just to confirm, existing accounts shouldn't be affected, I play from England but have had my account since before euRO existed so I didn't even know about such blocks until they were mentioned on the forums.

(I mean we opted out of EU (European Union) but still technically Europe/EU geographically :heh:   )

#22 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

I just knew that idRO is closed too lol. Checked their new website, just like thRO, they start over with classic formula.

But which sane people that would like to play on that -_-ty server?? Same company, same ownership (just name change and Gravity co-op), same money milking scheme. In one year or two they will have the same cancer.

I prefer stay in iRO (sorry peeps) and spent my money on company with better management. Just hoping iRO won't block existing account from SEA

#23 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:55 AM

I don't think it is appropriate to discuss how to bypass the registration restriction on Warpportal website, also using VPN to register is not advised, it causes many issues later. For that, some postings were purged.

I actually meant using a VPN to play not register which you yourself do sometimes and recommend as a solution to few issues

And the solution I presented to registration issues, I only learned from these very forums... Not to mention any topic that pops up with registration issue people recommend that and nothing happens to those posts

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:12 AM

I actually meant using a VPN to play not register which you yourself do sometimes and recommend as a solution to few issues

And the solution I presented to registration issues, I only learned from these very forums... Not to mention any topic that pops up with registration issue people recommend that and nothing happens to those posts

Nothing wrong with using that to play but the postings were removed for the latter really. There is a restriction in place due to agreements between the RO servers, explaining/hinting at how to bypass that on forums was advised against by the community managers. Perhaps I missed those posts from a while ago but really they shouldn't be posted in the first place. Hopefully this explains some things for you.

#25 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

A block would be a bad thing, I hope it isn't enforced.

amen to this. the new idRO is already milking their new player with pre launch promo costume, it'd be bummer if we are forced to play sea server/ regional server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users