Update Regarding Duping Issue [Emergency Maintenance Inc.] - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Update Regarding Duping Issue [Emergency Maintenance Inc.]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

Hello Roserians!

Thank you for all of the reports regarding the item duplication problem that has appeared in ROSE Online this last week. All ill mannered player reports are being sent to the Support Team, and all information regarding how this is occurring has been sent to the ROSE Team to help them resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you have any further information on this matter, please send me a PM, and if you see anyone behaving suspiciously in game, please send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com. This has been asked several times, so please rest assured that if a player has been using exploits such as duping, even if they are offline when the support team looks into them, they can still see the information required for an investigation and take action if necessary.

Please know that using exploits of any kind is against the ROSE Online Terms of Use, and those found to be breaking the rules in this way will have their accounts suspended. Any items that have been created in an ill mannered way may be removed from the game as well. 

The ROSE Team has been looking into this matter and there will be an emergency maintenance early this week to resolve this issue. This maintenance may be today or tomorrow. As soon as there is any further information, we will let you guys know! Thank you for your patience everyone, and again, thank you for all of your reports to help resolve this problem!

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

what if you got an duped item without knowing and used it. you gonna take away the item its used on? or just remove the duped item from it?

#3 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

like the 10000 duped holy scrolls....

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

is there already a date?

#5 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

If a rollback is planned, just close the server plz

#6 iRexha

iRexha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

If a rollback is planned, just close the server plz

How about you quit instead? Some of us actually enjoy this game. Clearly you don't.

Also, I doubt there will be a roll back. Too many players have acquired duped items thinking they're legit. So goodluck with that.

#7 Bigmicmac

Bigmicmac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Rose economy is all broked and it will take at least 1 year to recover, better to rollback and lise 2 weeks of playing

#8 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

At this time there is not a rollback planned. Regarding items being removed, we will know more once the ROSE Team finishes their investigation, and will post announcements regarding this at that time. We do not have an exact date or time yet, but as soon as this investigation is complete there will be an emergency maintenance to resolve this. 

#9 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Rose economy is all broked and it will take at least 1 year to recover, better to rollback and lise 2 weeks of playing

Hell NO with a rollback you Punisch also the fair players and not only the dupers. What the hell if the market gets Cheaper, thats only more newbie friendly

#10 2048160605092950270

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

just ban the dupers and delete all duped items too late for a rollback

#11 iRexha

iRexha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

just ban the dupers and delete all duped items too late for a rollback

That wouldn't solve much, it's kinda difficult to track the legit ones compared to the duped ones.

#12 Kentrick

Kentrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

maybe banned the duplicators accounts and fixed it.people who have bought items from duplicators may quit if you delete them from their inventory the zulie or item they used to buy from duplicators item is also their hard work.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

Maybe this is just me being a bit of the 'famous forum jerk' but honestly if you bought a duplicated item and it gets deleted then too bad. I would understand if you paid full price for it, but you knew you were buying a potentially duplicated item when you paid 1/8th the price it should be, or even less. 

There's a saying in life that goes "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is". That's why I always insist on buying, selling or operating on the normal order of things. When things seem too good, I pass them up because normally I sense something fishy. Always protect yourself, security, precautions and operations. 

Edit: I would also like to add in, that pain of loss and frustration you feel when you have an item deleted? Yeah, aim THAT at the dupers. It's not the DEV's fault they have to fix the dupers mess the way they do, it's the dupers fault for breaking the rules. If you're going to be angry at anyone, be angry at them. [Or me, people are normally fine with that.]

Edited by Feuer, 18 January 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#14 Kentrick

Kentrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:57 AM

what if people bought it from duplicators and sold it for a full price to other players what happens to the 2nd buyers without having any knowledge that it came from a duplicator.how will i know the price of an item i just came back from playing rose again a week ago and bought an aplysia for a decent price.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Then like I said, you should be mad at the Dupers. There is nothing more to it than that. It's no ones fault that people will get hurt by this, no one but the dupers. 

#16 copetbus

copetbus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

What about botters and all Clan points that they earned on Birth Island? What would you guys do about it?

You guys must be aware about this problem too :)

Remove all clan points that they earned??

#17 odss

odss

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

i purchase many warp portal points. its unfair to us if the dev's will not solve this case. and pls punish those do duping and save the victims. as of now im really scared of buying any item from the player even a cheap item. developer you better close the server until such time that you solve this case. in that case the dupe item will stop temporarily while you are investigating it. so as player of rose and warpportal client i recommend for temporarily close the rose server for the safety of everyone especially those player that purchase warp portal points. so MOVE!

#18 klonoa999

klonoa999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

CM DragonLark, does dupe items removed from the game already ?

I saw someone selling Holy Offensive element scroll for 5b and Aplysia medal for 6b, and i'm interested to buy those...

#19 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:06 PM

I belive a duper should be banned PERM!

Don't u think it's abit lenient to just suspend them?

#20 iRexha

iRexha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

What about botters and all Clan points that they earned on Birth Island? What would you guys do about it?

Good luck with setting back most clans then. What if the other clan members were unaware that their points were being botted? You want the DEVs to take away all of what they earned because they weren't aware of that? You can deal with the backlash then. :)

#21 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

Start a new topic.

This has nothing to do with this.

#22 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:20 AM

Birth island is closer Just saying

#23 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

shhhh...  I want to sell some rubber duckies really quick. B)

Joke... haha

yes, Birth Island is closed.

#24 copetbus

copetbus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:57 AM

When i posted that Birth Island still open and I'm glad they closed it ( FINALLY ).

Should not opened it again in the first place :)

Birth island = botter land ^_^

Obviously the one who defending botter in birth island are the one who DID it  :p_omg:

Edited by copetbus, 21 January 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#25 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:34 PM

When i posted that Birth Island still open and I'm glad they closed it ( FINALLY ).

Should not opened it again in the first place :)

Birth island = botter land ^_^

Obviously the one who defending botter in birth island are the one who DID it  :p_omg:

seriously start a new topic why do u keep going on about in a topic about duping issues?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users