[JRO Translation] Interview with management team, Roadmap updates of 2017 - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[JRO Translation] Interview with management team, Roadmap updates of 2017

27 replies to this topic

#1 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

Src : http://ro-challenge.blog.jp/archives/1063778541.html

JRO’s 2017 Updating roadmap has been revealed : Max level extension, server merging substitution has been clarified

b2434d1a-s.jpg

This interview is mostly referred to “Weekly RO Challenge

Persons from left to right are: Mr. Nakamura Toshinobu, Mr. Nagasawa Seigo and Mr.Yamamoto Kanehiro respectively

(Thanks Mr.キャンパー for re-checking my reading of Japanese names)

566cd198-s.jpg

January 17th, 2017 : New cards from Biolab. Nightmare and Verus + Minievent (held)

Within February : New instance dungeon ”Mazy Dream”

Since February : Monsters’ location and EXP adjustment, Random Option System applied.

Before Summer : Corridor of Abyss

Before summer : Achievement & Title System

Within summer : Expanding Base Level to 175

Within summer : Episode 16.2 [Terra Gloria]

Within autumn : America’s global project’s map “Rockridge”

New high-tier instance dungeon “Mazy dream”

An interview mentions about new dungeon called “Mazy dream (夢幻の迷宮)”, a challenging dungeon for maxed level players (Lv165), has 90 minutes restriction, able to continue when failed (All party members defeat). The dungeon has a random route which is changed every round players get in. Has 3 times number of monsters when roughly compared to “Endless Tower” can only be played by ears (臨機応変に対応する必要もあります). For example, there’s a large number of fire property monsters but at the same time, there’s also a large number of water property monsters.

Rewards from this dungeons are “Diva Equipments (ディーヴァシリーズ)” and “Mirage Equipments (ミラージュシリーズ)” with random effects (ランダムオプション) already granted.

6b90ffcd-s.jpg

In this example is “Diva Blade” with 5 random effects.

1. Spiritual Property

2. Str +4

3. Increases 25% more damage when physically attack “dark property” monsters.

4. Int +3

And 5. Increases 10% more damage when physically attack “dark property” monsters.

ca4ac966-s.jpg

Diva equipments” and “Mirage equipments” can be obtained from treasure chests appear in “Mazy dream” instance dungeon (around lower center of picture)

Mazy dream instance can normally be entered once per week but within the period of a special event, it can be entered once per day. Said Mr.Nagasawa

Since this dungeon makes a heavy load to the server. While the event is being held, there’s a chance of overload and the dungeon needs to close for sometimes or might need a specialized method of opening (特殊な開催形式になると思います)

Monsters’ location and EXP adjustment, Official tool for searching monsters implementation

Random effect system (ランダムオプション) is also applied to equipments dropped in normal maps. Random special effects are revealed after examined either by Magnifier or Merchant’s skill.

The team think that it would be a waste if players get undesired or unsatisfied effects. So another system which convert these into another thing is required in the future. (I think it's similar to IRO's gears eating ? haven't tried it) But there are some parts that need Gravity corp. to develop.

Each hunting spot has a unique rate of effect that come out. For example, an effect (a) can be easily found in map A, while effect ( B) can be easily found in map B instead.

This system encourages players to explore the vast game world just like everyone usually did in the golden era of RO.

We’re also implementing a monster search tool just like we did before for “Market search tool” (similar to ragial dot com) to help many players who maybe unfamiliar after the adjustment is done. Said Mr.Nakamura

Base level 175 expansion, achievement system and title system

Similar to PS3 trophy system (author’s opinion) players can see a list of quests that are done, 100 Porings defeated and so on. Each completed quest will have a button appended which gives reward on clicking it. The “Title System” also adapts these completed achievement to create a prefix to character’s name. For example, if 1,000 faceworms are defeat, there will be a title called “faceworm killer” before the player’s name.

Next main update will have many nostalgic characters such as Shwaldzwalt President or even Seyren Windsor

ddb3de70-s.jpg

Next main update is a sequel to “Banquet for Heroes” came at November, 2016. The next update for 2017 “Ep 16.2 Terra Gloria” narrates about a collaboration with NPCs to investigate and seek for criminal who came and attacked at Prontera Castle toward republic of Shwaldzwalt.

The story is a 3 cornered battle (3つ巴) between “Rebellions”, “The Secret Wing” an organization supervised by the President and the villains. Said Mr.Nagasawa

2016-11-29%2007%2041%2001_zpshlwwyixb.jp

An uncle Kronecker Heinen says "Terra Gloria has disappeared (snatched away I guess)"

Mr.Nakamura still doesn’t tell much about the mysterious cool-looking man at the top right of the picture.

New map “Rockridge” the global project of America

1b211c37-s.jpg

Rockridge is a newly added content KRO did at December, 2016. Full of western-style atmosphere like, Steam locomotive, gunner creatures or mysterious Cactuses. At first glance, they seem like enemies but they’re actually player’s ally. Still we can’t tell much about their information since we’re reviewing them. Said Mr.Nagasawa

Other new dungeons and content from Korea

There are other updates that aren’t written in this Roadmap such as “Illusion Dungeon” KRO added at the end of 2016 year. The next developing update is a dungeon connected to “Payon Cave B5F” which will have subspecies of current monsters in that cave. (既存モンスターの亜種的なモンスターが実装されているんです) Said Mr.Nagasawa.

Illusion Dungeon is similar to “Nightmare dungeon”. The example of the Nightmare Dungeon is “Clock Tower Nightmare” a dungeon with new items and story.

At first, when Nightmare Dungeon was implemented, there would be only the same looking monsters but stronger. No new cards or items were added at all. When the same dungeon was implemented in Japan, we usually added new items like “Shadow Staff [2]”. Said Mr.Yamamoto

But this time, when Illusion Dungeon is implemented, many new items, cards and story will come along.

An example of Illusion Dungeon can be the “Illusion of Moonlight” at Payon town. A next Illusion Dungeon could be “Illusion of Vampire” which will tell more stories about Dracula and the Geffen Dungeon. We will confirm again after our conclusion is settled.

f65b6169-s.jpg

A Doram race drawn by Mr.Yuuichiro. A Doram update has been recently added to Taiwan, said Mr.Nagasawa. Any concepts will remain the same in Japan. If our plans go well, maybe we could see this update implemented within this year.

A policy that substitutes the “Server merging” is to create a new place where players from different servers can meet

Mr.Nagasawa mentions about the difference of population number among servers and the original fun of MMORPG genre. Players meet and do activities together. He then came up with a new idea which is not to merge the servers but to create a new server where everyone from different servers can meet and play together.

In War of Emperium system, players prepare their gears and compete with guilds from other servers. Meeting people from different servers can also be done in PvE event like  “Monster House” this reduces the difference of population problem.

2017-01-18%2020%2008%2005_zpsq9cip7pb.jp

A monster house event, held weekly on Wednesday and Friday (this screenshot was taken on January 18th, 2017)

Think about the “lobby room” said Mr.Yamamoto. Everyone comes here and the new special events that’s designed specially for large number of player to have fun there are prepared. Even if the number of player for each server reduces, making some events that require large number of player impossible to play, there’s still this “lobby server” prepared and welcome.

There will be another special event to support a large number of player. For instance, this week is the battle between OO server and XX server. This kind of event encourages players to have their gears better prepared if they lose and the market would be more lively, Said Mr.Yamamoto.

Mr.Yamamoto thinks further about the “lobby server” exclusive monsters. Take Poring for example, Porings in this server may have different parameters. Or even a completely new monsters/dungeons that can only be found in this server.

After the negotiation with Gravity corp. Although this plan maybe impossible, we still have a backup plan to continually create new contents that will be designed for large number of player.

Reference

- ポコさん

- http://ragnarokonline.gungho.jp/news/information/interview_2017.html

(There are 2 more websites that publish the interview, they are Famitsu and OnlineGamer which I don’t have enough time to read more than these…..)

Thank you

- Mr.Maguro Tuna for error checking

* If you have high proficiency in Japanese and see I’ve missed some important points, you can reply to add more.

** There may have been a lot of weird sentences/ inappropriate words in this time. If you see them, please teach me, I’m glad and going to learn from you!

Edited by OBBO, 20 January 2017 - 06:17 AM.

#2 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:12 AM

The "new server where all servers meet" is pretty much like the channel system of some mmo. It's good news tho especially to Thor players. Hope it hits iRO real soon.

#3 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:37 AM

The "new server where all servers meet" is pretty much like the channel system of some mmo. It's good news tho especially to Thor players. Hope it hits iRO real soon.

Don't forget jRO content might never hit iRO in comparison to kRO's content which all should eventually hit iRO

#4 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

Yea, that's why we can only "hope".

#5 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

I think about the Tee O Es first.  The latest MMO i've ever played. I remember its Channel System. Me and my friend always change to a channel with less number of people to avoid KSing and game's lag.

Edited by OBBO, 20 January 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#6 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

It's called Mega Server.

The best option so far for any MMORPG,iRO should so something with Thor like jRO is doing : /

#7 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:24 AM

The only downside of that is you won't find the same person everytime you log into the server but overall a nice feature if implemented.

#8 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

would again, like to ask for at least the Domovois.

or a Ragnarok Odyssey related quest, heck we even got a quest for RAGNAROK TACTICS for dang's sake!

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

A WoE channel system would be interesting. So there could be an event for each time zone.

#10 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

A WoE channel system would be interesting. So there could be an event for each time zone.

Why not a Channel System for the whole game, not just for WoE?

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:12 PM

Because a channel system on RO would mean having to generate several versions of the same map and warping people to different versions depending on which "channel" they wish to be on, which I believe would be strenuous on RO's primitive programming compared to more modernized games.

#12 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

If it's too old to accommodate such changes then it's better they phase it out and start over with a modern version of RO.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

They did and called it RO2.

Rather interesting paradox the online games are in right now. RO has the content, but super lacking on UI necessities while RO2 has the UI necessities but severely lacking in content. kRO just can't seem to figure out how to implement good things together.

#14 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

Sadly RO2 is not how RO is supposed to be. RO mobile is the real RO2 imo but unfortunately it's, well, for mobile. What I mean tho is they totally remove RO1 and throw it into oblivion as they launch its modern version. RO Journey is intriguing tho. Really have a hunch that it's the PC version of RO mobile. Hope it really is.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Just because people want to keep crying about RO2 not being true RO2 doesn't negate the fact that kRO just sucks at making modernized games that aren't mobile. Why else would they relegate Raganarok game development to a Chinese company now?

#16 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

They should just hand over ro to gungho and have them fix the game and then globalize it. >.>

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

I'm honestly surprised why jRO hasn't done that already unless they need at least 70% ownership in order to control development.

#18 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:06 PM

Just because people want to keep crying about RO2 not being true RO2 doesn't negate the fact that kRO just sucks at making modernized games that aren't mobile. Why else would they relegate Raganarok game development to a Chinese company now?

Doesn't really matter which company makes it so long as they tag it the "official modern version of (PC) RO" (minus all crap that this old RO game boasts of) and have WP host that modern RO here for the jaded (old) RO patrons to enjoy.

Edited by ROCKheir, 23 January 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#19 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

Starting all over again would mean another couple of time and money used. Development time would be 1-2 years and then there is testing.  :heh:

#20 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Of course they're not supposed to phase RO1 out while the modern version isn't available to the public yet. It will mean money sure, but RO1 is a dying game whether we acknowledge it or not. RO 2.0 (not RO2) has a good chance of reigniting those who quit the game out of boredom or frustration hence more players and more income for the company.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Of course they're not supposed to phase RO1 out while the modern version isn't available to the public yet. It will mean money sure, but RO1 is a dying game whether we acknowledge it or not. RO 2.0 (not RO2) has a good chance of reigniting those who quit the game out of boredom or frustration hence more players and more income for the company.

RO can still be saved, you would be short sighted to think otherwise.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 23 January 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#22 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

RO can still be saved, you would be short sighted to think otherwise.

I know it can be saved. The thing is, those who hold the most power to save it don't seem to do it, diligently, if at all.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

I know it can be saved. The thing is, those who hold the most power to save it don't seem to do it, diligently, if at all.

This is an outsiders point of view only.

#24 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:22 PM

This is an outsiders point of view only.

Ow you must be an "insider"! Tell us about saving RO.

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ow you must be an "insider"! Tell us about saving RO.

No.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users