The upkeep of god items - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The upkeep of god items

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:38 AM

To prevent players from hoarding those incredibly powerful gears, should there be an upkeep of god items (particularly woe1)? Make guildleaders think twice before unnecessarily introducing new gods into the server and also increase distribution, whether through renting or selling, of these items among players. Newborn guilds can have a chance to use them and compete with old elite guilds who have load of these god items in their storage.

Simple case is that the owners are required to recharge them every certain period of time, which costs them a large sum of zeny. Or a quest similar to the creation (easier but still requires lots of attendances) to be completed periodically. Otherwise items will perish.

Hoarding them shall not only be an advantage but also a responsibility.

Edited by SafelyEndangered, 21 January 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:46 AM

couldnt odd twice this week, congratulations

#3 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

I've reworded so many times making it easier for kids to understand. Which I didn't in previous threads though.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

pretty sure that just hurts the small guys more than the big guys

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

So what are you going to do about MVPs that new guilds are lacking? And cheats? I mean some new players are actually foolish enough to believe that cheating is illegal and old/big guilds don't use cheats. Fear is a convenient tool to manipulate ignorant people /gg

Gods only slightly matter here to be honest. I know many quit player who had OP gears but just quit out of boredom hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 21 January 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#6 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

Skills > God Items

#7 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

Cheat > JRO gears > Skills > God Items

Edited by Casval17, 21 January 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

This is pretty much just referring to Megs at this point right?

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

I mean, it's funny how ppl seem to believe that you get 1 god piece drop every 2 or 3 days. When you actually get none for months.And there's also that the "big" woe guilda dont care much about loots at this point but w/e. It's very possible to alone snipe down 1 or 2 castles during woe1 becayse there are so many like 4~5 guilds around.

#10 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

So what are you going to do about MVPs that new guilds are lacking? And cheats?

Trying to mitigate problem > Doing nothing.

Just because a rule might not completely eliminate a problem doesn't mean a rule shouldn't exist.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:22 AM

Trying to mitigate problem > Doing nothing.

Just because a rule might not completely eliminate a problem doesn't mean a rule shouldn't exist.

You are not pinpointing the problem right. Gods are far beyond considered "extremely" OP.

#12 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Do you currently WoE? God items don't have near the same impact that they did pre-renewal.

Most of the time we have megs that aren't even used and no one really wants to use a hammer either.
This idea is pretty pointless and does nothing but deter smaller guilds from chasing after Gods. It's harder than ever to make them already with the way random pieces are distributed.

#13 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

It also raises the prices on rental god items. It's gonna cost me 500mil to create another 30 day mjolnir? Well the price is now 400mil + 500mil, to cover that cost.

#14 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:30 AM

deter smaller guilds from chasing after Gods.

It's more to deter larger guilds from hoarding gods by giving them a hard time. Smaller guild wouldn't be affected as much due to having fewer gods.

#15 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

It also raises the prices on rental god items. It's gonna cost me 500mil to create another 30 day mjolnir? Well the price is now 400mil + 500mil, to cover that cost.

If the larger guilds have to pay lots of zeny to upkeep currently owned god items, they will be forced to rent or sell at cheaper price (better than having them perished and getting nothing). Hence increases distribution.

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

It's more to deter larger guilds from hoarding gods by giving them a hard time. Smaller guild wouldn't be affected as much due to having fewer gods.

Which larger guilds hoard God items? Most guild leaders I know sell pieces.

Unless you're talking about Classic. Can you give examples where God items make major impacts in Renewal WoE?

There's actually a thread here where believe it or not, the consensus is that God items are weak and being outclassed. One of the main problems in WoE is that there's not point in really doing it outside of fighting your "enemies"

Not trying to rain on your idea, but I just don't see why this would need to happen.

#17 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

Which larger guilds hoard God items?.

Let's not do that you know what will follow, drama.

The consensus is that God items are weak and being outclassed.

There are weak and powerful gods. But that isn't the main point of this.

It's understandable that the larger guilds want to maintain status quo.

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

If the larger guilds have to pay lots of zeny to upkeep currently owned god items, they will be forced to rent or sell at cheaper price (better than having them perished and getting nothing). Hence increases distribution.

To be honest large guilds won't bat an eyelid, it's the little guys that it'll hurt. If they can afford to pay people for woe etc, I doubt they care about paying to upkeep gods. 

#19 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

To be honest large guilds won't bat an eyelid, it's the little guys that it'll hurt. If they can afford to pay people for woe etc, I doubt they care about paying to upkeep gods.

Smaller guilds have just few gods so the upkeep cost will be much lower compared to larger guilds.

It's yet to be calculated the optimal point where it won't be much of burden for smaller guilds while being annoyance to larger guilds who have too many god items.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Smaller guilds have just few gods so the upkeep cost will be much lower compared to larger guilds.

It's yet to be calculated the optimal point where it won't be much of burden for smaller guilds while being annoyance to larger guilds who have too many god items.

the reason larger guilds are larger (and by default they'll have more stuff) is because they have more people to do more stuff to pay for such things. Whereas a small guild may struggle and take ages to create an item.

I'm just saying if I was on renewal and had my crew there, I don't think we'd have a problem raising funds that would make a smaller guild panic. 

#21 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

the reason larger guilds are larger (and by default they'll have more stuff) is because they have more people to do more stuff to pay for such things. Whereas a small guild may struggle and take ages to create an item.

I'm just saying if I was on renewal and had my crew there, I don't think we'd have a problem raising funds that would make a smaller guild panic.

As I said, the optimal formula is yet to be determine so it won't hurt smaller guilds so much. Exponential rate for upkeep cost, for example.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

As I said, the optimal formula is yet to be determine so it won't hurt smaller guilds so much. Exponential rate for upkeep cost, for example.

As a large guildleader:

"That's not how it works" 

#23 SafelyEndangered

SafelyEndangered

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Care to explain?

#24 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

How do you even make it an exponential cost? If everyone in guild has a meg, you've got like 50+ megs in guild. Who pays for the increased cost? How does the game know you're all in the same guild? What's stopping you from leaving guild, paying your "solo" upkeep cost, and rejoining the guild?

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Care to explain?

I have 5 God items and 50 people. (1 god per 10 people)

You have 1 God Item and 5 people. (1 god per 5 people)

Guess who's going to be more stressed? Money makes money. Plus I already explained the basics. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users