[SUGGESTION] New Modern and Better GUI - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[SUGGESTION] New Modern and Better GUI

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StryxG

StryxG

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHonduras
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hello fellow adventures, this thread is about a small/big suggestion I have for the Dragon Saga GUI. To start off, I think the GUI for the game is old and low quality to put it simple. I think a revamp would help a lot! I made a skeleton for a possible GUI idea, please do not be afraid to give suggestions, opinions, or constructive criticism.

Here is the current GUI for the game:

NeFHpif.png

Here is the GUI skeleton I made:

dilT5Ku.png

Here is the GUI skeleton over the current GUI:

fInYo9f.png

Ok, so now I will explain what each thing is in the skeleton I made.

1) The health bar is the red bar.

2) The mana bar is the blue bar.

3) The experience bar is the green circle around the character icon.

4) The awakening gauge is the yellow bar.

5) The level is show below the character icon.

6) Skill hotbar will be placed below the hp and mana and centered.

7) The yellow box with the arrow is for next hotbar (There could be two for up and down ofcourse)

8) The heart icon below the chat box is for the emoticons, I just didn't have any other icon.

Note: The experience bar and the awakening gauge could we swapped since they could probably work better around.

So, the objective for this, is for the GUI to look cleaner and organized rather than small and blurry text. There could also be a few things that could be added, like:

-Option to make the GUI in the center smaller or bigger.

-Option to make the map bigger (It is small in high resolutions).

-Allow the FPS to go above 60.

-Have the character icon in the skeleton be animated and be identical to your character's face.

-Option to show ping to the server.

Please do go ahead and share opinions!

Edited by StryxG, 22 January 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

Not really the modern GUI I was expecting when I read the title. To be honnest I think the awakening gauge is really small for what it is. And the XP gauge that will become blue once you aqcuire resting XP could be confusing aswell.
I know that you also thought about making the UI bigger so the problem I mentionned above would be solved, but how big would this be on small resolutions ?
I don't think that part of the UI should be changed, it already does really well its job, and if you think this looks old then if think it gives one more reason to be kept.

In my opinion the parts of the UI that really need to be updated are the config (especially keymapping) and the journal, which you only bother reading its text for equipping medals.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

I'm sorry but I do not like this at all. Your changes make DS look like "any other" random mmo. I would prefer to keep the current UI as is, because it is one part that makes DS special.

I agree keymapping could need an update though and yes at least parts of the journal too.

#4 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:34 PM

I prefer the current version :( it's already neat and easy to see, plus it would be a time-killer for devs to make such changes, use the time for other goals such as updates and bug fixes are much better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users