Make Sprint Set equippable by Rebels (and Kagerou/Oboro?) - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Make Sprint Set equippable by Rebels (and Kagerou/Oboro?)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

I started this thread the other day asking what class the Sprint Gear would be good for:

https://forums.warpp...-are-these-for/

The consensus was that it's not really good for anybody, not something people would aim to be using anyway.

I think this set could be interesting for Rebel. It provides extra HP and SP, which are in short supply for expanded classes, and the cast delay reduction would be really nice for pistol users.

Sprint Mail is already a decent choice for armor for Rebel. I think most Rebels aim for DEX enchanted Glittering Jacket right now, so just comparing those side-by-side, no game-changing differences.

Sprint Shoes are pretty much only competing with Enhanced Variants (until 160 anyway). With the Sprint Set bonuses, this would be a pretty easy choice to switch to the Sprint Shoes.

The accessories would weaken your hits (lose +DEX and +atk% bonuses probably), but the cast delay would boost overall dps (for pistol users).

I like the idea because literally every Rebel right now levels with Round Trip. I'd like to see another option that people see as viable, and I think leveling could be more fun/interesting with pistols than it is with gatling guns.

Pistol leveling is more exciting/dangerous since you're working with a smaller AoE that is more effective the closer you are to the enemy, and you don't get that knockback effect to give you a break. But on the upside, it's much easier to gather up your loot!

Fallen Angel gives you the ability to close with ranged enemies quickly and it can also be handy to deal with sprite lag. Not sure if you are really where you think you are? Put yourself where you want to be with Fallen Angel!

Fire Dance is a nice cheap finishing shot for those who like to conserve SP and don't want to burn it finishing off single enemies - Trigger Happy Shot might even find some use as well, it has outstanding range and pretty nice damage mod for a first class skill.

Finally, the Crimson Revolver is a fine weapon, the only Crimson weapon option for Rebels, and I think it deserves to be put to use.

After I got to thinking about this topic, I realized that pistol leveling probably already is viable - maybe not as efficient as Round Trip, but certainly doable. But if nobody else is using the Sprint Set, why not give it to the Rebels?

I mention Kagerou/Oboro in the title because if this set would be useful for them, I think they should have access too, but I don't play that class, so not sure if it's something they would even want. What do you think, Kagerou/Oboro players?

That's all I have, thanks for reading.

#2 scraps345

scraps345

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:iRO : Chaos

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Well it makes sense to make the whole sprint set be equipped by rebels since they can equip Sprint Glove [1]. Why make

them have the ability to equip one part of the set and not the rest?

*Edit: Just tried equipping the Sprint Glove i had on my Rebel and it looks like I can't. Even though

the description in the glove says Rebel, I can't equip it.*

Anyways, I am for this idea too. It seems as my alt-Rebel is the only character I would use this set on.

Currently I am just using clips and normal gear on him and the sprint set would be better and have a use.

Edited by scraps345, 24 January 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

It would be cool to see a set like this be useful for Rebel, however eventually Excellion will be released :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users