Creative Convention Hat Discussion - Page 3 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Creative Convention Hat Discussion

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#51 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

@Myzery: I see the effort in trying to paint a bad picture of artists such as myself who choose to sell the prizes they won from a contest they've exerted a lot of effort into and dedicated a good chunk of their time to hopefully win. Yes I do it for profit and I see nothing wrong with that. Nowhere in the rules of the contests I participate in or in WP in general does it say it's illegal and morally wrong to profit out of your own artwork by selling your prizes. If it were another artist's work that i profit from without the artist's consent that sure has some moral issues to it. What I see wrong is you trying to dictate what the winner should do with the prize he gets. I do art commissions for zenny. I enter art contests to hopefully win and make zenny out of it. The spirit of competition lies not in keeping your prize but with how you do to win it and how you react in case you don't.

#52 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

You can believe what you want, but Erin and I usually have a lot of participants and we make sure that the judges we do have are solid and without bias as far as we can tell. A lot of effort goes into making contests fair for everyone. We also welcome any and all advice. Aco for example has given constructive feedback on how to make things better for everyone.

At the end of the day, contests are good for the community. Some better than others.

From a pure art standpoint, there is usually at least one "big" artist in the top 3 and that's because more often than not, they create creative or appealing artwork.

Our current contest, anyone can win it. Astra is the sole judge of this contest.

From what I understand a few of the artists left because was there was a big debate about a contest from not that long ago which was rampant of corruption.*** EDIT Brain fart :X

Edited by Nirvanna21, 31 January 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#53 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

@Myzery: I see the effort in trying to paint a bad picture of artists such as myself who choose to sell the prizes they won from a contest they've exerted a lot of effort into and dedicated a good chunk of their time to hopefully win. Yes I do it for profit and I see nothing wrong with that. Nowhere in the rules of the contests I participate in or in WP in general does it say it's illegal and morally wrong to profit out of your own artwork by selling your prizes. If it were another artist's work that i profit from without the artist's consent that sure has some moral issues to it. What I see wrong is you trying to dictate what the winner should do with the prize he gets. I do art commissions for zenny. I enter art contests to hopefully win and make zenny out of it. The spirit of competition lies not in keeping your prize but with how you do to win it and how you react in case you don't.

You see what you want to see. There's no rules for selling your prizes, sure, but it was never Oda's intention for you or anyone else to make zeny off of these contests.
A lot of artists and other players enjoy just entering. There has been grabs for participation prizes among other things, but none of those were really worth anywhere near what you have made.

Do you think that it's really fair that you are getting 20b for a drawing? That's more than a mid tier MvP card and some high end ones.
Not discrediting your work because you are a great artist, but the line has to be drawn and thankfully the GM team and Astra agree.

#54 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:13 AM

Your opinion is valid and I can understand why you would sell an item that can save you a year's worth of farming on RO.

However, what is the real problem here is that Oda was convinced to give winners a different item if they already had a C.Artist Hat.

In that specific Halloween loading screen contest, I talked with a friend who had won with her entry. She was fine with a 2nd C.Artist Hat and assumed that was the prize and move on. I had to tell her that she could've received a different hat if she PM'ed Oda. So she did.

During that same time, Myzery and Dawnte were hosting a pumpkin carving contest. They had a special winner known as "Oda's Favorite" and someone I knew ended up being the Top 3 Winners AND being Oda's Favorite personal pick.

Her Prize were 2 Deviruchi Headphones. For her, she was disappointed to know that being Oda's Favorite personal pick just meant getting a 2nd pair. But she accepted her prize because it was Oda's decision and she respected that. She didn't even ask Oda for something different because that is the prize given from the GM.

Jump back to that loading screen contest, someone was getting a 2nd C.Artist and pleaded to Oda to get something different. And so he did granted that request and you were able to profit off it more than you could originally have.

The problem here isn't the fact that someone could sell their prize, but to manipulate a GM to get them something else because they weren't happy with the initial announced prize.

Edited by Demeris, 01 February 2017 - 12:38 AM.

#55 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:12 AM

@Myzery: Do bear in mind that it's not my fault if the buyer would go out as far as offering 20b for a headgear they want. If getting it means so much for them that they'd value it for as much is well within their liberty. Who in their right mind would decline such an offer just because an aesthetic gear in a subjective perspective of one ought not to have a value as much as an MVP card? You're trying to dictate me on what to do with my prize and now you're trying to dictate people on how to value something based on your own sense of valuing things. Nobody forced them to buy my stuff and nobody could force me to sell something for a price that is not to my favor. And if it's not Oda's intention for prizes to be a means of profit then why did he not set a rule for it? But then again, why would the contest host dictate what ought to be done for the prizes he's given out? I never seen one happening in other contests in real life or otherwise.

@Demeris: I don't know how many winners PMd Oda bout the contest prize but I for one did. But to use the word "manipulate" for that matter is quite not right. All I did was to inquire of the possibility of a different prize for those (not just for me) who already won the same hat in the past contests. Never did I use coercion or threat to inquire about such possibility. If your friend failed to receive a replacement for her 2nd Artist Hat, then I'm sorry for them but then why would I be blamed for their passivity when it comes to the prizes they receive? It's their choice that they settled for a 2nd Artist Hat and did not ask if a replacement is possible. Keyword is inquire for a possibbility and NOT manipulate or force anyone for that possibility. When I received a 2nd C.White Lily, I also asked Oda and Astra if it's still possible for them to replace it with another but Astra declined and I was fine with it. I didn't protest or bug her to change her mind about it. If there's anyone manipulative among us here, that's definitely not me. I do know tho who's friends with that one who is "manipulative" but that's another story, of course.

Edited by ROCKheir, 03 February 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#56 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

@Demeris: I don't know how many winners PMd Oda bout the contest prize but I for onw did. But to use the word "manipulate" for that matter is quite not right. All I did was to inquire of the possibility of a different prize for those (not just for me) who already won the same hat in the past contests. Never did I use coercion or threat to inquire about such possibility. If your friend failed to receive a replacement for her 2nd Artist Hat, then I'm sorry for them but then why would I be blamed for their passivity when it comes to the prizes they receive? It's their choice that they settled for a 2nd Artist Hat and did not ask if a replacement is possible.

Maybe because it's suppose to be a fun community contest and not a channel for someone to profit as much as they can from it. You're right, she could have inquire why she received 2 of the same hats as prizes. Maybe because that was the prize given to her and she accepted it as such? It's similar to winning a contest and saying, "oh, this trophy that you're giving me for winning this contest. I don't want it, can you give me the $20 instead that was used to manufacture this thing?" Or another example, "oh nice, I won these tickets on the radio, but I already have these tickets, can I get something else?"

The prizes were declared, and you weren't happy with them. So you  "inquire" to Oda about a possibility for different prize because you weren't happy with them. That is completely unfair for anyone else who weren't happy with an item they won in previous contests. You are trying to manipulate the system because now other winners can technically now ask for a different prize if that's not something they're happy with.

This all goes back to CM Astra's original statement. She has made a decision based on minimizing all these problems that are created from players being selfish. I agree with her decisions and I believe it will minimize a lot of shady stuff that's been happening.

Edited by Demeris, 01 February 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#57 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:36 AM

@Myzery: Do bear in mind that it's not my fault if the buyer would go out as far as offering 20b for a headgear they want. If getting it means so much for them that they'd value it for as much is well within their liberty. Who in their right mind would decline such an offer just because an aesthetic gear in a subjective perspective of one ought not to have a value as much as an MVP card? You're trying to dictate me on what to do with my prize and now you're trying to dictate people on how to value something based on your own sense of valuing things. Nobody forced them to buy my stuff and nobody could force me to sell something for a price that is not to my favor. And if it's not Oda's intention for prizes to be a means of profit then why did he not set a rule for it? But then again, why would the contest host dictate what ought to be done for the prizes he's given out? I never seen one happening in other contests in real life or otherwise.

@Demeris: I don't know how many winners PMd Oda bout the contest prize but I for onw did. But to use the word "manipulate" for that matter is quite not right. All I did was to inquire of the possibility of a different prize for those (not just for me) who already won the same hat in the past contests. Never did I use coercion or threat to inquire about such possibility. If your friend failed to receive a replacement for her 2nd Artist Hat, then I'm sorry for them but then why would I be blamed for their passivity when it comes to the prizes they receive? It's their choice that they settled for a 2nd Artist Hat and did not ask if a replacement is possible.

You're really dense and taking this as a personal attack. You're just the most obvious person that has been milking these contests for profit.
I am not trying to dictate anything. Whatever someone wants to pay for something is their business.
However, like I mentioned before, these contests were meant to be for the person entering to get a prize to keep and show off as something they won.
Oda did have rules before and made everything account bound, but people complained and he tried to keep things reasonable.

No one knows your intent, but PMing him and asking for another prize is manipulation of the situation. You saying "Who in their right mind would decline?" only goes to show how greedy you truly are. No one I know would have sold a hat they won unless it was hideous and even then it's a stretch.

I am not going to respond to you anymore though. You're just floundering now and trying to make it look like I am attacking you.

Edited by Myzery, 01 February 2017 - 01:38 AM.

#58 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

I'm sure there's a middle ground in all this...

Edited by Saralen, 01 February 2017 - 02:01 AM.

#59 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

@Demeris: How did it become manipulation of the system? Did you really think that "inquiring for a possibility" of something guarantees that what was asked will be granted? I'm working on a bad internet connection and just noticed you guys already responded to my post before I could edit it for typos and more info but I hope that added info would clear your head of your harsh judgment. Anyways your analogies sadly don't match the situation in question; C:Artist Hat and C:Gothic Headdress are of the same category not "a prize and something that manufactures it" and it's neither directly asking for money equivalent in exchange of a hat. And wow, doing something that is not even against the established rules or policies of the contests, the game, or the forums, is now considered shady just because one was able to profit much (even without going against an expressed rule for anything at all) while the others weren't? And don't worry, just like you, I'm fine with Astra's decision on the discussion tho my proposition was not just about making reward hats not account-bound for artist-themselves so that "greedy" artists like myself can make a lot of zenny, it's also so that the rewards would hopefully encourage the community to bring out the artist in them and help make this forums more colorful with their creativity as well. But never mind that.

@Myzery: Say what you want to say. Or maybe say it to yourself. You guys are shooting me for something I've done that didn't even violate the rules of the contest I fortunately won nor the policies of WarpPortal. If I know beforehand that any of what I've done were against the rules, do you really think that I'd do it? You accuse me of making profit out of my prizes which I do not even deny nor try to (cause I know it's not illegal) whereas you, despite it being evident, deny that you are dictating folks on what to do with their prizes (something that no normal contest host would do) or how to value stuff.

"Do you think that it's really fair that you are getting 20b for a drawing? That's more than a mid tier MvP card and some high end ones." <--you know, giving value to something is really subjective. For some, a "mere" drawing ought not to amount to 20 billion in-game money--something that has no permanence and will vanish as soon as the game is lost--because "HELL NO!! THAT IS JUST A DRAWING!!!". But for some, no amount of in-game money could amount to an artwork that will live on long even after game that inspired it has already died. 

#60 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:46 AM

But for some, no amount of in-game money could amount to an artwork that will live on long even after game that inspired it has already died. 

... yeahhhhh. 

#61 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

Rockheir, you would make a great politician.

#62 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

ew

#63 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:30 PM

is it possible that CC Hats handed out to contributors with commissioned submissions be account-bound while the ones for artists-themselves be not account-bound?

Sorry but after this line, for me, the credibility of your posts for me just fell short, coz all it looks like is "hey, reward just me and like these 4 other ppl with sellable stuff and everyone else be dammed".

I also believe the rewards should be kept as trophies, and not used as a currency, but that's me.

Ultimatelly, once you get the hats, they are yours and you are the one to decide what do do with them, keep, sell, whatever, and i respect that, it's your decision.

But this thread, like, the 1st post even, just makes it look for me that you want to "monopolize" the market (market wich i don't agree with the existance but w/e), and further arguments given hold no weight onto why ur art should be the only one sellable(as for artists art), just adress that the art is yours, prize is yours and you can treat and do with em whatever you want, wich is fine.

Btw, if you trully think the person is making profit of your art with the headgears, rise ur comission price with the hat value, done.

#64 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

Thank you all for your input. There's a lot to take in regarding art contests! I've heard everything from "don't repeat prizes" to "repeat prizes for people who didn't get it," "bind the hats" and "don't bind the hats." It seems to be a hotly debated topic, so I appreciate everybody keeping it civil here.

I wanted to address a few concerns that I saw while reading posts:

• I understand that prizes were able to be exchanged in the past, and have had people PM me regarding this. I will not be exchanging prizes, nor will I be transferring them to different servers, accounts, etc. Once they are handed to your desired character, that's where they are.
  • I have been working closely with Campitor to ensure that contest prizes (art and otherwise) are unique and not repeated very often, in order to prevent the "duplicate prizes" thing. It's hard to do since we don't have records of every prize that was ever given for every contest in the past few years, but we have ways of knowing what will be fresh and new.
  • We have a few unique creative contests slated for the year that will open up opportunities for artists of different types (writers, music makers, cooks, bakers, etc), hopefully this will engage more of the community and provide more opportunities for others to submit

Lastly - and I pull this out of my bullet points since this is just a proposal, not a solid fact - I'm considering making the Creative Convention Hats participation prizes across the board for all Creative events. It would be a good way for non-artists to earn them by participating in different contests. Let me know what you all think about this, I am open to your suggestions!

#65 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:46 PM

Lastly - and I pull this out of my bullet points since this is just a proposal, not a solid fact - I'm considering making the Creative Convention Hats participation prizes across the board for all Creative events. It would be a good way for non-artists to earn them by participating in different contests. Let me know what you all think about this, I am open to your suggestions!

I like that

#66 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Thank you all for your input. There's a lot to take in regarding art contests! I've heard everything from "don't repeat prizes" to "repeat prizes for people who didn't get it," "bind the hats" and "don't bind the hats." It seems to be a hotly debated topic, so I appreciate everybody keeping it civil here.

• I understand that prizes were able to be exchanged in the past, and have had people PM me regarding this. I will not be exchanging prizes, nor will I be transferring them to different servers, accounts, etc. Once they are handed to your desired character, that's where they are.
  • I have been working closely with Campitor to ensure that contest prizes (art and otherwise) are unique and not repeated very often, in order to prevent the "duplicate prizes" thing. It's hard to do since we don't have records of every prize that was ever given for every contest in the past few years, but we have ways of knowing what will be fresh and new.
  • We have a few unique creative contests slated for the year that will open up opportunities for artists of different types (writers, music makers, cooks, bakers, etc), hopefully this will engage more of the community and provide more opportunities for others to submit

This CM, I like this CM.

Although, there's this problem of "i want that hat too" and some really good hats are only exclusive to these art contests. Such as the Gothic Hairband which I know half the female RO population would want.

So instead of always making it exclusive, I believe it's best to make hats available to the population eventually.

For example:

• Halloween Loading Screen contest - Winners received Gothic Hairband.
  • After 1 year, the Gothic Hairband can be made available through a participation prize in a halloween contest, or be made available in Kafra Boxes

The winners can have it exclusively for a year, but I don't agree with making these things permanently exclusive forever. Part of the problem with these hats is that you can ONLY get them from art contests and that is an extremely small part of the community. We pleebs want kawaii hats too you know.

Edited by Demeris, 01 February 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#67 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

Sounds good, that was the way things were before with the CC hats being given out for all contests. (As participation prizes)

I personally just want the entrants to enjoy themselves and the atmosphere of participating and competing in these contests. Let's face it, the reward is a driving factor, but even when the prize is blind, Erin and I usually receive good competition.
I am glad that you're vocal and understanding, Astra.

I really enjoyed Oda, but a lot of people were turned off by his randomness and eclectic taste.

Hopefully everything will run smoothly and drama free.

#68 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

Thank you for being thorough on how you plan to handle events. It seems a lot of confusion in the past was caused by ambiguous rules.
The more contests the better, it gets the community involved in new ways.  A surprise gear for participation every once in a while is fun as well, but Creative Convention hats are also nice and if that's what you choose to go with, sure.  +1 :D

You ought to have a separate sticky thread with these rules, too, so they're more public.

I really enjoyed Oda, but a lot of people were turned off by his randomness and eclectic taste.

I enjoyed the one or two Oda contests I was in. His Tiki Tuesdays were also enjoyable, when I was less involved.

Perhaps what it comes down to, is that when people spend so much time on their art for a contest, they have a goal in mind. It could be the prize, or showing skills, or the joy of fulfilling a deadline.  I enjoy the motivation, for instance, so I don't mind the randomness of a prize.
If the rules get changed after the fact, it might make people uneasy, that they don't know what to expect and they feel uneasy to make goals in the future.  I don't know if that is what it was like with Oda, but at university I didn't like the professor would change goals midway through a project, or graded based on different rules than what they had said.  Or that the guides were ambiguous.  Specific situations come to mind.  :heh:

#69 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

@Nirvanna21: You, too.

@Ashuckel: Believe what you want to. I don't have to convince you with my intentions and integrity. I said my piece and laid out all my points and nothing I say will convince those don't who don't want to get convinced.

@Astra: That's fair enough. I particularly like your decision to host (more?) contests for writers, musicians, and others as well. It has been a long-time clamor for some other creatives in the community that they don't have the avenue where they can showcase their talents and get rewarded as most contest being held are meant for artists only so this will surely be good news to them.

#70 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

This CM, I like this CM.

Although, there's this problem of "i want that hat too" and some really good hats are only exclusive to these art contests. Such as the Gothic Hairband which I know half the female RO population would want.

So instead of always making it exclusive, I believe it's best to make hats available to the population eventually.

For example:

• Halloween Loading Screen contest - Winners received Gothic Hairband.
  • After 1 year, the Gothic Hairband can be made available through a participation prize in a halloween contest, or be made available in Kafra Boxes

The winners can have it exclusively for a year, but I don't agree with making these things permanently exclusive forever. Part of the problem with these hats is that you can ONLY get them from art contests and that is an extremely small part of the community. We pleebs want kawaii hats too you know.

I think some things should remain exclusive, but you know, I only feel that way because I was awarded a neat costume hat as thanks for my services and I like being one of the few who owns it. It's a nice reward for the sheer hard work I put in :U

#71 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

Sorry but after this line, for me, the credibility of your posts for me just fell short, coz all it looks like is "hey, reward just me and like these 4 other ppl with sellable stuff and everyone else be dammed".

I also believe the rewards should be kept as trophies, and not used as a currency, but that's me.

Ultimatelly, once you get the hats, they are yours and you are the one to decide what do do with them, keep, sell, whatever, and i respect that, it's your decision.

But this thread, like, the 1st post even, just makes it look for me that you want to "monopolize" the market (market wich i don't agree with the existance but w/e), and further arguments given hold no weight onto why ur art should be the only one sellable(as for artists art), just adress that the art is yours, prize is yours and you can treat and do with em whatever you want, wich is fine.

Btw, if you trully think the person is making profit of your art with the headgears, rise ur comission price with the hat value, done.

That's the same way I feel, so you'll probably be branded as an attack dog.
If I was going to attack anyone, it would be much easier to mention the theft of assets belonging to multiple other artists and the call out and the following disqualification. No one can mention the word integrity when they betray their own tradespeople, especially for personal and monetary gains. 

I think some things should remain exclusive, but you know, I only feel that way because I was awarded a neat costume hat as thanks for my services and I like being one of the few who owns it. It's a nice reward for the sheer hard work I put in :U

That hat is probably exempt since it's for people who have done insane amounts of work to help the community.

Edited by Myzery, 01 February 2017 - 02:43 PM.

#72 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:47 PM

I completely understand why someone who owns one of the few hats wants to make it exclusive. It's a vanity thing that people value a lot in RO. I've seen it often enough that it makes people catty at each other over how exclusive the hats are and it's never a good thing. Some hats were even given directly to people by the GMs because the GMs like them for whatever the reason.

To me, I view that as favoritism because there are other people who puts in just as much hard work in other areas of RO and they haven't received anything for it. Some are just done more publicly than others.

Like I said in my post, other players want that same hat and there were essentially no way for people to fairly obtain them. Look at the Leopard Hat, it made a lot of people happy and left a few people sour because they think they're losing something when other players are happy.

Edited by Demeris, 01 February 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

I completely understand why someone who owns one of the few hats wants to make it exclusive. It's a vanity thing that people value a lot in RO. I've seen it often enough that it makes people catty at each other over how exclusive the hats are and it's never a good thing. Some hats were even given directly to people by the GMs because the GMs like them for whatever the reason.

To me, I view that as favoritism because there are other people who puts in just as much hard work in other areas of RO and they haven't received anything for it. Some are just done more publicly than others.

Like I said in my post, other players want that same hat and there were essentially no way for people to fairly obtain them. Look at the Leopard Hat, it made a lot of people happy and left a few people sour because they think they're losing something when other players are happy.

Not like its the first game ever, old or new to make things exclusive for those who put in the effort :X Some people *COUGH COUGH BLIZZARD COUGH* may like to backtrack on other peoples efforts but it is what it is. It's just another case of you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

#74 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Aco is talking about cute hats that some people got randomly, not really the one you received from doing tons of work.

Also, achievements are subjective in a way. Blizzard is bad sometimes, but I have been playing a certain game since the start and I have mounts and other stuff that will never be reintroduced.
Some of them took effort and some were from just playing the game, but I don't care if other people get what I have.

With that said though, some things should be exclusive 100%

Edited by Myzery, 01 February 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#75 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:09 PM

I'm completely fine with binding reward hats because these hats are rare and should not be monopolized. Do hockey players win the Stanley Cup just to sell the ring immediately? Or like Myz said, Olympians take part only to sell the gold medal for profit afterwards? Making billions of zeny shouldn't be the incentive for participating in these events, especially since 90%+ of these forum contests are catered to artists anyways, and we know a lot of people aren't gifted with a pen and paper/stylus and pad.

While on that topic though, I would definitely like to see more contests that aren't art exclusive. The Creative Convention costume as a participation prize (to submissions with decent effort put into them, that is) sounds great, too. I'd love to see more people start getting active around the forums, and I myself as a non artist would like to participate in more events as well, with or without a reward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users