Njoror Njotes: February 6, 2017 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Njoror Njotes: February 6, 2017

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

Njoror Njotes

February 6, 2017

Hey, before I go into what's going on, I want to comment that we ran into a bit of a hardware problem that was substantial enough that it's delayed our patch to next week. Basically, our test servers had a major issue which did not allow for use for some time, and we want to make sure the stuff we're working on is fully tested before we deploy. If we were to deploy today, there would be a lot of stuff we've been working on (some of which was causing client crashes and needed to be fixed) that wouldn't have fixes or design tested and confirmed working. And we would prefer to wait another week than to have to do an emergency maintenance, rollback, and that whole jazz (Example: Honing release from 2014, for anyone who remembers). I realize that won't really matter for many players who have waited a while, but it's the reality we're dealing with.

What's Up

What's Next

• Card Reinforcement Update
    • We ran into some crash bugs that we were working on last week, then got hit with a big hardware setback, which has caused this to be delayed.
    • Shooting for the next possible maintenance date (right now is 2/13)
  • Seedrune Update
    • Rates are set and feel really good
    • We're looking at swapping out daily quest rewards that have polinium with mystery chests instead of adding to drop tables. This allows people to go back and do old daily quests and not hate us/themselves/NPCs for receiving Polinium, plus it gives a cap on how many chests daily they can access, so avoids an issue of monsters being camped constantly.
    • Also working on a shop package that bundles rune-specific items
  • PvE Updates
    • We're developing some new quests and adjustments to old content right now with the goal of a release in first half of 2017. These might be in chunks than all at once.
    • Also working on giving use back to legacy raid dungeons
  • PvP Updates
    • This is focused on WoE, Jehoon, and Colosseum mostly.
    • WoE is trying to add more utility to the map and balance the attackers vs defenders
    • Jehoon has a lot of bugs and exploits, plus needs an updated reward incentive
    • Colosseum seems to be most stable, but needs new rewards, and we're playing with the idea of having it be random groups with or without monster spawns
    • Working with our art team on new PvP gear

#2 littleguy134

littleguy134

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

if seed rune changes are ready why not put them in first if you keep running into problems with card refine updates

#3 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

I commented last year that the card/seedrune patch would come out feb 14th, Valentine's day, as a joke, precisely to avoid disappointment from your "next weeks" in case there were any. I guess I wasn't far off from reality, you know me too well that you make it happen! 

• Also working on giving use back to legacy raid dungeons

This is interesting!

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 06 February 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#4 4910131006002030110

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

H2sgJSB.gif

"Eternal-testing-loop", gonna end with emergency maintenance anyway whatever warpportal put in the server in the end. You know this I know that, every know the name of this song.

This surpassed their level of operation at the same pace as the previous company, the delivery rhythms as this constant operational failure makes clear that it's better not expect better things....i hope to be wrong, and soon.  :p_sad:

Edited by 4910131006002030110, 06 February 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#5 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:21 PM

we're playing with the idea of having it be random groups with or without monster spawns

But why? Colosseum has always been FFA. can't you make it be 2 hours a day with groups and the other one without?

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 09 February 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#6 QWERTY90

QWERTY90

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

Njoror, I'm pretty sure you guys are doing your best to bring us updates!
However, it has been a huge failure about expectations and motivation management!
Think about it:
Your boss come to you and say you are going to get a great and fair raise in your salary. You feel like awesome, you really deserve it as you are working hard and helping to the company's profit!
But next payment period your boss come and say your raise will happen next week because CFO was in a business trip...
Next week your boss come and say your fair raise will come next week because accounting has to approve it...
Next week your boss say that your salary will raise only next week because they found some financial taxes issue to make it higher...
By this time a month and a half has been past... For real, how would you be feeling in terms of motivation and expectation??

#7 Gugy

Gugy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

• Seedrune Update
    • Rates are set and feel really good
    • We're looking at swapping out daily quest rewards that have polinium with mystery chests instead of adding to drop tables. This allows people to go back and do old daily quests and not hate us/themselves/NPCs for receiving Polinium, plus it gives a cap on how many chests daily they can access, so avoids an issue of monsters being camped constantly.
    • Also working on a shop package that bundles rune-specific items

Hello,

Can we expect Seedrune Update for this maintenance? (feb 22). Or will be delayed again? >:v

Edited by Gugy, 20 February 2017 - 10:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users