Raging Trifecta Blow vs. Targets = Miss? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Raging Trifecta Blow vs. Targets = Miss?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

Raging Trifecta Blow is a passive attack skill that many Monk players will be familiar with.

This skill is a welcoming addition to the Monk's offense due to the DMG increase that it provides for zero SP cost.

However, I have found one overwhelmingly glaring disadvantage to this skill which I would like to phrase into the form of a question:

Why does Raging Trifecta Blow always miss against certain targets?

Attacking field herbs of any kind with this skill results in a miss.

Attacking event monsters of any kind with this skill results in a miss.

Why is that the case? This makes trying to collect field herbs or trying to kill event monsters more of a test of patience than it needs to be.

There were situations where my Raging Trifecta Blow would activate 5 times in a row when targeting just 1 blue herb in the field, which was not a fun scenario to watch.

And to add to this example, the 1st class Thief skill, Double Attack, can hit both event monsters and field herbs without any penalty to its user.

Shouldn't Raging Trifecta Blow be allowed to be used against herbs and event monsters just like Double Attack?

I'm sure I'm not the only player who has encountered this issue and considered it to be problematic and inconvenient.

Does anyone have any input as to why iRO's Raging Trifecta Blow skill behaves this way?

Can it be changed in future patches? If so or if not, then why?

#2 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

Simple, take it this way:

Suppose you normally attack for 300 damage, with RTB level 10 it would be 900.

Now, the 900 damage is the total attack divided into three damages of single attack.

Plants only normally take 1 damage per attack.

So if RTB is used on plant, it will only deal 1/3 damage=0.33 which misses the plant.

#3 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Simple, take it this way:

Suppose you normally attack for 300 damage, with RTB level 10 it would be 900.

Now, the 900 damage is the total attack divided into three damages of single attack.

Plants only normally take 1 damage per attack.

So if RTB is used on plant, it will only deal 1/3 damage=0.33 which misses the plant.

The point that I'm focusing on is that Raging Trifecta Blow doesn't even hit the herb or event monster targets, but I believe that it should just like the Thief skill Double Attack.

Even if Raging Trifecta Blow did 0.33 DMG x 3 hits for the skill duration, it would still be better than the skill missing all together.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

the game rounds damages downards. if anything were to hit less than 1, even if 0.99999, it just straight up misses.

#5 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

the game rounds damages downards. if anything were to hit less than 1, even if 0.99999, it just straight up misses.

Which is not what happens when a Thief's Double Attack hits a herb or event monster; that skill hits for 2 DMG total.

So what is the problem with Raging Trifecta Blow hitting for at least 1 DMG for its entire skill duration?

#6 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

Double attack is 2 damages in 2 attacks=1 damage for each attack. Damage is calculated normally.

RTB is 3 damages in 1 attack.

Refer to my previous post about plants only taking 1 damage from 1 attack.

#7 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Double attack is 2 damages in 2 attacks=1 damage for each attack. Damage is calculated normally.

RTB is 3 damages in 1 attack.

Refer to my previous post about plants only taking 1 damage from 1 attack.

I've read your post already and I'm aware that field herbs/plants only take 1 DMG per hit.

So what is the issue with having Raging Trifecta Blow dealing 1 DMG to field plants/herbs for its entire skill duration?

Double Attack gets 2 DMG, so can't Raging Trifecta Blow get at least 1 DMG?

#8 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:07 PM

Double attack is taking your basic attack and dealing another one in quick succession (for argument's sake). So as said above, it will always take 1 dmg (since your attack can't go below 1) and then the second attack is also 1 totally 2.

However, triple attack is different. Its a skill with a % modifier. It is NOT 3 separate hits like double attack is 2 separate hits.

Triple attack is calculating your damage as the percentage.

At level 5, the damage calculation is 200% of your attack according to irowiki. So if your attack is 100, so triple attack will be 200% of 100 which is 300. Then this is DISPLAYED ONLY as 3 hits of 100 damage each.

The PROBLEM you cannot understand that this damage calculation for PLANTS is overriding this initial step calculation. So your damage will ALWAYS be 1 regardless. Then triple attack is attempting to display 3 separate hits of 1/3. Which client does not know how to show except with "Miss". 

EDIT:

Yes, 1 dmg is performed. The client only displays 1/3 of the total which is 1. So you will see Miss three times, but the damage is still 1. You can check yourself with plants and counting the hits/dmg.

Edited by vaxel, 07 February 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#9 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Double attack is taking your basic attack and dealing another one in quick succession (for argument's sake). So as said above, it will always take 1 dmg (since your attack can't go below 1) and then the second attack is also 1 totally 2.

However, triple attack is different. Its a skill with a % modifier. It is NOT 3 separate hits like double attack is 2 separate hits.

At level 5, the damage calculation is 200% of your attack according to irowiki. So if your attack is 100, so triple attack will be 200% of 100 which is 300. Then this is DISPLAYED ONLY as 3 hits of 100 damage each.

The PROBLEM you cannot understand that this damage calculation for PLANTS is overriding this initial step calculation. So your damage will ALWAYS be 1 regardless. Then triple attack is attempting to display 3 separate hits of 1/3. Which client does not know how to show except with "Miss". 

EDIT:

Yes, 1 dmg is performed. The client only displays 1/3 of the total which is 1. So you will see Miss three times, but the damage is still 1. You can check yourself with plants and counting the hits/dmg.

Thank you for easing it up for me :ani_swt3:

Edited by Hikusaak, 07 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#10 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

I understand the situation completely. There isn't a calculation displayed on this topic thus far that I do not already know or do not understand, so you should cool your jets.

Its amazing that I have been met with so much resistance when all I am stating is that Double Attack hits plants while Raging Trifecta Blow does not, and that it should be changed for the better of Monk classes.

Is it really so hard to consider a change to the Raging Trifecta Blow DMG calculation for plants/event monsters to 1 DMG instead of a Miss?

Does this change really upset the balance of iRO skills as a whole? I think not.

#11 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

Is it really so hard to consider a change to the Raging Trifecta Blow DMG calculation for plants/event monsters to 1 DMG instead of a Miss?

Does this change really upset the balance of iRO skills as a whole? I think not.

The client is fundamentally flaw to not handle decimal numbers. It is always truncated/floored. This is out of iRO developers hands as this has to do with the client's source code which only kRO developers has access to.

We only get updates to the client from them.

#12 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

The client is fundamentally flaw to not handle decimal numbers. It is always truncated/floored. This is out of iRO developers hands as this has to do with the client's source code which only kRO developers has access to.

We only get updates to the client from them.

Right, basically the game only understands whole numbers; I figured as much.

Also I can sympathize with the situation for the iRO developers; they use the programming code that they are given, I get it.

Nonetheless, it still doesn't change the fact that Raging Trifecta Blow misses on targets that it shouldn't miss on.

Its not fun watching my Monk class flail at a blue herb, and knowing the flail will continue to happen 20%(I have RTB LvL 10) of the time for each blue herb that I will target in the future.

If I had nightmares, it would look something like that.

#13 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

I've read your post already and I'm aware that field herbs/plants only take 1 DMG per hit.

So what is the issue with having Raging Trifecta Blow dealing 1 DMG to field plants/herbs for its entire skill duration?

I thought its because Raging Trifecta Blow was simply 1 damage but its animation is divided into 3 parts to effect the divisibility of the damage.

#14 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

I thought its because Raging Trifecta Blow was simply 1 damage but its animation is divided into 3 parts to effect the divisibility of the damage.

I am 100% certain that Raging Trifecta Blow misses field plants/event monsters and does not apply DMG.

I have farmed blue herbs for weeks upon weeks while having to endure this method; trust me, it gets frustrating really fast.

#15 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

Mind if I ask why you don't use another class to farm it? Or a mage with level 10 elemental bolt of some kind... 

#16 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:01 PM

Mind if I ask why you don't use another class to farm it? Or a mage with level 10 elemental bolt of some kind... 

I'll be glad to answer your question with 3 different, but also equally important reasons:

1) First of all, my primary class is a LVL 119/28 Sura of which I have invested the last 3 months of game-time into. It is my 1st and only character in the current iRO servers.

2) Second of all, I grind blue herbs in a map that is swarming with monsters. I would not recommend taking a caster class to this area without the proper LVL and equipment.

3) Third of all, I do not want to level another class just to pick herbs or farm event monsters. Why would I want to make another class to do something that my primary class should be able to do just fine?

I hope that this answers your question.

Edited by 7186161111021400550, 07 February 2017 - 06:03 PM.

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

Wasn't trying to crap on you, m80; was sincerely asking since you seem frustrated. Odin's island is full of shadow element monsters anyway. 

Might I suggest you farm blue herbs off goats? They are much easier to mob/gather, and at 5% drop chance it's not bad either. I imagine it'd be much faster than single targeting blue herbs in a vaguely hostile environment. 

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

I'll be glad to answer your question with 3 different, but also equally important reasons:

1) First of all, my primary class is a LVL 119/28 Sura of which I have invested the last 3 months of game-time into. It is my 1st and only character in the current iRO servers.

2) Second of all, I grind blue herbs in a map that is swarming with monsters. I would not recommend taking a caster class to this area without the proper LVL and equipment.

3) Third of all, I do not want to level another class just to pick herbs or farm event monsters. Why would I want to make another class to do something that my primary class should be able to do just fine?

I hope that this answers your question.

As a veteran player who also started out lowly and living the hard life, I can understand these sentiments exactly. Although everyone else in these forums have their thoughts on how to counter your arguements because they expect everyone to be on the same standards, I will not judge you as these are completely understandable reasons.

#19 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Wasn't trying to crap on you, m80; was sincerely asking since you seem frustrated. Odin's island is full of shadow element monsters anyway. 

Might I suggest you farm blue herbs off goats? They are much easier to mob/gather, and at 5% drop chance it's not bad either. I imagine it'd be much faster than single targeting blue herbs in a vaguely hostile environment. 

It was not my intention to post aggressively, I was only stating my current thoughts on the topic relating to your question.

It is true that I am somewhat frustrated on the matter and I am sorry if you feel as if I was attacking you; it was not intended.

I farm on mobs that have a drop rate 3 times that of the goats and the map is not dangerous for my character LVL if I play it properly.

I can collect approximately 100 blue herbs per 45-60 minutes of farming, so imagine what I could do if Raging Trifecta Blow could apply even 1 DMG to plants consistently.

Basically I'd be in SP paradise.

#20 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

As a veteran player who also started out lowly and living the hard life, I can understand these sentiments exactly. Although everyone else in these forums have their thoughts on how to counter your arguements because they expect everyone to be on the same standards, I will not judge you as these are completely understandable reasons.

I appreciate your sympathy and understanding.

I'd never ask iRO for an unfair advantage, only for a leveled playing field.

#21 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:57 PM

It's 3-5x the drop rate... but you have to farm one plant at a time. Goats are not aggro, but they are assist type, and the map is very mobby -- so it's easy to hit one, let the others mob you and then one-shot them with a basic AOE.

But hey, your choice/playstyle mang. Do whatever feels right. 

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

well, almost everybody in this server has farmer chars aside from their main char.
it is totally fine to make a farmer, and totally wise decision to fund your farmer so your farmer can perform best. at the end of the day, the result of farming using proper farmer is satisfying both from profit gained and time saved.

#23 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

well, almost everybody in this server has farmer chars aside from their main char.
it is totally fine to make a farmer, and totally wise decision to fund your farmer so your farmer can perform best. at the end of the day, the result of farming using proper farmer is satisfying both from profit gained and time saved.

Yes, I agree that a funded farming character is more efficient at farming. However, I only have a Sura to work with and no special gear to my name other than what I have acquired with my own effort.

In short, I do not have a funded farmer's luxury.

It's 3-5x the drop rate... but you have to farm one plant at a time. Goats are not aggro, but they are assist type, and the map is very mobby -- so it's easy to hit one, let the others mob you and then one-shot them with a basic AOE.

But hey, your choice/playstyle mang. Do whatever feels right. 

I understand your suggestion and have considered it already; thank you for effort. You do not have to worry about my farming efficiency; I'm very resourceful.

#24 UrsaRamdine

UrsaRamdine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

now imagine a sura trying to kill the mushroom inside illusion of vampire instance using autoattacks. they have 150k hp ffs.  :heh:  

add: does rtb interfere with cd in mouth proc? well i'm gonna test it today.

add2: why don't you use cd in mouth for more hit/s. or use hunter trap. i don't know if it still deal full damage to plants though. can anyone confirm?

Edited by UrsaRamdine, 07 February 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#25 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

now imagine a sura trying to kill the mushroom inside illusion of vampire instance using autoattacks. they have 150k hp ffs.  :heh:  

add: does rtb interfere with cd in mouth proc? well i'm gonna test it today.

add2: why don't you use cd in mouth for more hit/s. or use hunter trap. i don't know if it still deal full damage to plants though. can anyone confirm?

A mushroom with 150k HP might as well be an MVP to me. :sob:

The CD in Mouth item would work well for any basic attack build, including my own character.

Its too bad that I don't have the funds to buy it; remember, this is my 1st character on iRO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users