Raging Trifecta Blow vs. Targets = Miss? - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Raging Trifecta Blow vs. Targets = Miss?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

-_-

this will be my last post in this thread since i cant stand OP's excuses to not playing smart while keep ranting:

make a blacksmith, take greed skill, greed in orc dungeon 1,2 and low TI. That will earn you decent capital to buy things or invest things.

#27 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

this will be my last post in this thread since i cant stand OP's excuses to not playing smart while keep ranting

I never asked for your judgment on my ability to play iRO, so feel free to not come back.

Advice is always welcome, but criticism is subjective and I don't care for it. :pif:

#28 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

Criticism is advice when constructive.

#29 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

Criticism is advice when constructive.

Advice can always be useful because good advice is based on facts, while criticism is not always useful because its usually based on opinions.

I've seen alot of "facts" that are based on opinions in this topic and some of them are just plain false, so I would define a majority of those "facts" as criticism.

And like I posted before, I don't care for criticism, especially when its the bias sort.

Also your snarky one-liners are not appreciated without the proper context.

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:43 AM

Also known as being objective :v

But k, don't accept advices, do what you want.

#31 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

Also known as being objective :v

But k, don't accept advices, do what you want.

I agree that you are being objective, but only relating to the majority's opinion of the matter.

For example, the majority says "This guy is wrong because he thinks differently" and you agree without question.

#32 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:53 AM

I was hoping that the players of iRO would be more receptive to the idea of Raging Trifecta Blow being changed to a more efficient method of operation.

It is quite bizarre to encounter so many players that are reluctant to the idea of change for something as minor as plant and event monsters DMG.

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

No one denied that the skill should be changed or whatever, in fact what everyone did was explain why the skill doesnt and wont work on the game. I'd find it very cool if it dealt the 3 hits, but knowing how the game processes this stuff, unless they fundamentaly change how plant type monsters and Raging Trifectra Blow are coded, that cant happen. And knowing that, and knowing what are kRO priorities and plans for the game, i don't see that happening in the near future.

#34 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

No one denied that the skill should be changed or whatever, in fact what everyone did was explain why the skill doesnt and wont work on the game. I'd find it very cool if it dealt the 3 hits, but knowing how the game processes this stuff, unless they fundamentaly change how plant type monsters and Raging Trifectra Blow are coded, that cant happen. And knowing that, and knowing what are kRO priorities and plans for the game, i don't see that happening in the near future.

I understand the expected chance of success of my efforts, but that is not a deterrent for me.

Every change ever made has always started small, but whether it ends small relies on the amount of support that it garners.

My solution, however unlikely, is sound in design. It is not impossible to envision such a change as this one.

#35 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

Two things:
First off, dude it's really cool that you have a main that high leveled without any alts. Monk class characters were meant to be mained!
Secondly, I totally understand; my main is a Monk and I've been playing it officially three years. Way back I wanted to farm mushrooms for various reasons and had the same problem. Seconds for mage or theif classes, light years for Monks. >< Most people don't main Monks, they play them as alts, so they just power level them. They'll never know the struggle. Don't try to farm poison spores as a Monk... Just don't do it. XD

Ok, so on to why such a small topic is so interesting. First, it shows you the true carelessness of the original developers; I mean seriously, DA counts as 2 hits. Wouldn't it just have been more logically straightforward to make RTB three hits of 1 each, instead of dividing 1 damage into thirds!?

#36 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

Two things:
First off, dude it's really cool that you have a main that high leveled without any alts. Monk class characters were meant to be mained!
Secondly, I totally understand; my main is a Monk and I've been playing it officially three years. Way back I wanted to farm mushrooms for various reasons and had the same problem. Seconds for mage or theif classes, light years for Monks. >< Most people don't main Monks, they play them as alts, so they just power level them. They'll never know the struggle. Don't try to farm poison spores as a Monk... Just don't do it. XD

Ok, so on to why such a small topic is so interesting. First, it shows you the true carelessness of the original developers; I mean seriously, DA counts as 2 hits. Wouldn't it just have been more logically straightforward to make RTB three hits of 1 each, instead of dividing 1 damage into thirds!?

I am so glad that we can both share in a similar vision for the Monk class!

I hope that many more iRO players can empathize with our challenging situation and support for a change in game mechanics for Raging Trifecta Blow.

#37 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Haha yeah! It's really frustrating; sadly Ash is right. They'd need to recode it, and kRO hates Monk classes/doesn't care. :(

#38 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Haha yeah! It's really frustrating; sadly Ash is right. They'd need to recode it, and kRO hates Monk classes/doesn't care. :(

I personally can't imagine why kRO would hate a class that they themselves have created, so I'm convinced that this Raging Trifecta Blow issue is just an oversight that needs to be corrected.

Also this idea of kRO "not caring" is exaggerated; kRO's interests are completely relative to the amount of people that play their game.

For example, if a majority of iRO players wanted a change to happen within the game's rules or mechanics and then supported that change, then there would be a greater likelihood of that change coming to fruition. It is the simple rule of economy: supply and demand; players demand service and kRO/iRO supplies said service.

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

kRO interests are in what kRO server population cares, if they dont express concern over something, it will most likely not be looked into, thus why so many stuff is still bugged even there after over a decade since implementation.

#40 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

kRO interests are in what kRO server population cares, if they dont express concern over something, it will most likely not be looked into, thus why so many stuff is still bugged even there after over a decade since implementation.

So you believe iRO staff's individual input holds no credit to kRO?

Even if iRO requests for a change to happen on kRO's side, that it can never actually happen; that is what you are telling me?

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Im telling you that they put other servers on the end of the priority list. It may ever come, but it's very very unlikely.

#42 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Im telling you that they put other servers on the end of the priority list. It may ever come, but it's very very unlikely.

Ever is better than never, I'm sure that you can agree with me on that aspect.

I'm not going to just accept an unfair mechanic when I can try to do something about it, even if my effort goes under-appreciated or against the thought of the majority.

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

It's not that your effort is under-appreciated, it's really cool that you care, it's just that most of ppl are already sick and tired of kRO bullS***t to deal with these stuffs and requests for over a decade and never see fruits of those.

With that in mind, ppl just do their best to find a way around the situation the best way actually possible, even if it is not the way they desired.

#44 7186161111021400550

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

It's not that your effort is under-appreciated, it's really cool that you care, it's just that most of ppl are already sick and tired of kRO bullS***t to deal with these stuffs and requests for over a decade and never see fruits of those.

With that in mind, ppl just do their best to find a way around the situation the best way actually possible, even if it is not the way they desired.

I sympathize with all fellow RO players that have endured situations similar to or worst than the issue with Raging Trifecta Blow.

I use to play iRO Classic back when it was still subscription fee based. It is only within the last 3 &1/2 months that I have returned to play the iRO Renewal version and I'm already annoyed by just 1 of these game mechanic issues that I have experienced.

If the RO community is frustrated with issues of the game, lets unite on a common goal of getting these issues noticed and corrected in the future builds of the game.

We just have to collect the game mechanic issues from the iRO community, and then use different methods of illustration to spread them around. Lets make videos, GIFs, memes, forum posts, everything and anything to bring attention to how important that we, the RO community, consider these issues to be.

I'm certain that even kRO players want to have certain issues of RO to be fixed, but maybe they are just too afraid to speak up individually or they just can't get enough people together to gain the momentum necessary for change.

Either way, change can never happen if nobody tries to cause the change in the first place. I will find ways to get the ball rounding in the right direction, even if I have start all the momentum myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users