I'd like to hear your opinion - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I'd like to hear your opinion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zaydes

Zaydes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how you guys feel about about Summoner's dark knight in bsq/ew? I have a decent geard destroyer and I find it getting killed by dark nights' bubble attack pretty easily: 10k-50ks damage depending if it Crits.

Please let's keep it clean, ty.

#2 ok121

ok121

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

Agreed. While we're at it can we remove magnets to? I don't like being pulled from half way across the map. 

#3 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

For emporia no one stays long enough on a island for DK to hit them, for bsq DK tickles with the OP death buffs we have.

DK can also be frozen by a sorcerers Blizzard to immobilize it, DK is sorta the answer to all these movement speed squishy people who are rocking heirloom BD/3/3 rare hero BD's Low def/mdef builds. 

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

#outrunning dk balls at 630

#5 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:34 AM

For emporia no one stays long enough on a island for DK to hit them, for bsq DK tickles with the OP death buffs we have.

DK can also be frozen by a sorcerers Blizzard to immobilize it, DK is sorta the answer to all these movement speed squishy people who are rocking heirloom BD/3/3 rare hero BD's Low def/mdef builds. 

i disagree with the "tickle".

When i get stunned in bsq and the DK has the time to do his charged hit on the ground he easily crits me ~40k. and even with 200k hp it is 20% of my hp and i think this is too strong, especially because those balls he shoots are homing and can crit up to ~20k

Edited by Vossel, 08 February 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:45 AM

Though there's claims that it counters squishy mspd sets I've noticed even using PoS parts @ +20 that it's damage is considerably high. This is likely the result of giving them the Magic Attack equivalent of a drawback-less Bloody Roar. Dark Knight and Helix Shot were the reasons Summoner has a lower CD cap than most classes.

Stun/Freeze stalling is inconsistent as well. Yes Stumblebum can cancel an attack animation but it seems to have some bug where either A) Stuns/Freezes don't 100% land despite being in range or B) The attack it's currently in animation of is still going on.

It's pretty damn strong, also it being a "counter" to HBD or Rare/Hero BD mspd combos is not a valid argument when 350-400 Movement Speed and good reaction time can outrun the death orbs.

Summoner in general has so many "BRING A MAGE" moments when catching/comboing them in general. Golgon, Dark Knight, Mana Burn if they're really jerks about it.

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

It basically wrecks any non mage class because they can't heal and take more damage due to the natural low MDef even when +20ed.

#8 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

When I'm using full Pos set DK doesn't really do insane damage prob has to do with the fact that warrior/fighter/archer classes get very little M def. 

Would be funny if they could change Dark Knight's attacks to count as Physical attacks since everyone has an abundance of that

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

It basically wrecks any non mage class because they can't heal and take more damage due to the natural low MDef even when +20ed.

When I'm using full Pos set DK doesn't really do insane damage prob has to do with the fact that warrior/fighter/archer classes get very little M def. 

Would be funny if they could change Dark Knight's attacks to count as Physical attacks since everyone has an abundance of that

Well Mages armor pieces in general have more parallel Def/Mdef values. Combined with Increase Armor MDef Soulcrafts and various gears having Magic Damage Drop it's easy to see why a non-crit Dark Knight attack isn't too noticeable. Mages might be among the only class that can reach 30,000+ Magic Defense whilst still having somewhat viable build for group PvP oriented tasks.

Though I doubt any plans would be made to balance Defense and Magic Defense since Atk vs Defense w/o elements in general is something that needs looking at. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users