Classic February 9th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic February 9th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

February 9th

2pm -6pm

Quests

• The next new Headgear quest, the Sakura Coronet [1], is available. Speak to Frank in Morocc (156, 194). Certificates can be found in the treasure caches.
    • To create this headgear you'll need the following once you've obtained a certificate:
    • 5 Gold
    • 20 Garnets
    • 10 Opals
    • 1 Puppy Love
    • 1000 Zeny
    • 1 Sakura Coronet Certificate
  • Due to weight issues experienced by some players the requirements for the Black Frame Glasses [1] headgear have been changed. Steel and Glass Bead requirements have been reduced. The new requirements are below:
    • 200 Steel
    • 200 Glass Beads
    • 50 Black Dyestuffs
    • 50 Star Dust
    • 1000 Zeny
    • 1 Black Frame Glasses Certificate

Events

• +100% EXP until next week! due to unforseen extended maintenance
  • Valentines Day Event starts today! Repeat of the 2016 Valentines Day Event

Community

#2 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

KVM update u know it used to be apart of the original game circa 2008 when this open 5 years ago why isnt this in game

Edited by zerowon, 08 February 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#3 sunshadowaz

sunshadowaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

What is Love Flower? Do we have this item on classic?

#4 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

No change for spotlight maps this week?

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

On looking through databases the only item I can find called "Love Flower" is 

Love Flower    Item ID# 7864 (Love_Flower)
Stolen Cacao

Which in the iRO Client is 7864#Stolen_Cacao#
Is this the correct item? 

Edited by Xellie, 08 February 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#6 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

I remember they only put specific plants to drop Stolen Cacao during last year's Valentine's quest.  I don't recall seeing those plants again after that quest.

#7 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

Yes, it's an event monster. While thematically appropriate, after discussion we're decided to change the requirement to:

• 5 Gold
  • 20 Garnets
  • 10 Opals
  • 1 Puppy Love
  • 1000 Zeny
  • 1 Sakura Coronet Certificate

#8 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:18 AM

Ozallia,

Any plans to change the weight of the blue potion? The WoE Blue Potion weighs less and is free to pick up being that it is tedious and laborious to do the blue potion because it is one by one.

WoE Blue Potion weight 7

Blue Potion weight 15

#9 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:34 AM

Just increase the weight of the WoE Blues.

#10 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:26 AM

Ozallia,

Any plans to change the weight of the blue potion? The WoE Blue Potion weighs less and is free to pick up being that it is tedious and laborious to do the blue potion because it is one by one.

WoE Blue Potion weight 7

Blue Potion weight 15

There does seem to be a mismatch in weight to heal ration, not only in this consumable, but a few others as well. We'll look into this and other such items.

#11 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

Just increase the weight of the WoE Blues.

Or reverse. That would be fair.

Edited by Xandyzor, 09 February 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#12 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:08 PM

I suggest reducing blue potion to 11 weight and not touching the woe blue's weight. That would put them only slightly less weight efficient, but they have the advantage of 50% potency. If you were to increase other sp item weight based off weight efficiency, strawberries would have to increase considerably. But anyone who has used those knows they are pretty tedious to use since they aren't as potent.

And then there's just the problem of taking things away from players, they generally don't like that. Increasing the weight would slightly discourage people from participating in woe.

I think 11 weight is a small enough change for now. If there's too much controversy and nothing can be decided, I suggest focusing energy on improving BG. I don't know what changes can be made here on classic, and I hate to use a private server BG as an example, but classic BG is a joke compared to it.

I'll just list a couple things that are better.
AFK kicking

better randomizing

BG exclusive supplies
dynamic player count

I don't think you get DC'd when being killed sometimes

arguably better modes

#13 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

Server is now up!

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

the reason I originally suggested blue weight reduction is because the amount of work that goes into them is infinitely more than a WoE blue. It's not just about effectiveness per weight (not all of us run bg solo, nor do we use alternative clients in order to be able to log multiples. what I'm saying is that BG gets botted to hell, no accusations, it's just dumb to pretend it doesnt, when the rest of the game additions keep botting as a factor)

Making ranked blues is labourous, from collecting supply to the process of creation. There's no reason they should even be close to equal to WoE blues.

Because it's relevant, I don't do bg, ever. i haven't done it in two years. Someone AFKs my char. This is a problem.

Rather than nerfing the WoE blues, I think just buffing  the Ranked ones should be fine. Maybe it'd encourage more playing in bio/GD to hunt the items. Also ranked blues are finite, where as WoE blues are infinite.

BG needs changing, frankly I think deleting the randomization would be fine. I don't like being forced to carry enemies supplies. I'd rather be able to gather a group and stop them.

AFK kicking isn't really possible. I may be wrong (but I'm sure I'm not) that the only way the server can handle this is a timed portal in a certain area (the spawn), which means people will just move their AFK chars/bots aside.

better randomizing - nothing in RO is truly random, most of it is based on timers. In BGs case it's just the order you enter, which almost exclusively ensures the same teams each time, due to ping, reactivity, etc.

BG exclusive supplies - this has been covered before, they can only create exclusive consumables. Catalysts can't be exclusive to anything or anywhere because they can't change the item ID that a skill calls upon.

dynamic player count - not so sure on this one

I don't think you get DC'd when being killed sometimes - the DCs happen when dying times with the portal that respawns you. To fix it all they need to do is change it from a portal to an npc. Preferably something OnClick and not OnTouch.

arguably better modes - not really arguable. They are better.

edit: it's 2017, why is the word a-f-k-er still censored? Homunc drama is so 2012.

Edited by Xellie, 09 February 2017 - 08:53 PM.

#15 Budeg

Budeg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

While doing the valentine's quest, I saw NPC Tagamei near the chocolatier with unique sprite. Is she a quest NPC, or is it something else entirely?

@Aldebaran(233,154)

EDIT: new NPC sprites are mostly poring, exception being the choccolatier and Boies Rjerks. Led to quite humorous scenes.

EDIT2: only Nucooties Forme (or what his name is) and the Flowerist is a poring. The rest is clear.

Question. will the buffs be removed if dispell is casted on me? It'll be a shame if that drop bonus got dispelled by monster skill

Edited by Budeg, 09 February 2017 - 10:05 PM.

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:41 PM

I suggest reducing blue potion to 11 weight and not touching the woe blue's weight. That would put them only slightly less weight efficient, but they have the advantage of 50% potency. If you were to increase other sp item weight based off weight efficiency, strawberries would have to increase considerably. But anyone who has used those knows they are pretty tedious to use since they aren't as potent.

And then there's just the problem of taking things away from players, they generally don't like that. Increasing the weight would slightly discourage people from participating in woe.

I think 11 weight is a small enough change for now. If there's too much controversy and nothing can be decided, I suggest focusing energy on improving BG. I don't know what changes can be made here on classic, and I hate to use a private server BG as an example, but classic BG is a joke compared to it.

I'll just list a couple things that are better.
AFK kicking

better randomizing

BG exclusive supplies
dynamic player count

I don't think you get DC'd when being killed sometimes

arguably better modes

It's the iRO introduced item that is throwing off players expectation of balance so change that. If you're going to reduce the weight of Blue Potions please also reduce the weight of the other end game consumables (Seeds, Berrys, Royal Jelly, Panacea etc).

As for the BG things:

• AFK Stuff - No, this would be real tough, you might be able to get something fancy hooked up but it wouldnt be 100% accurate and would probably be easy enough to bypass.
  • Randomising - This is possible, but not easy. You can also probably design it to allow people in the same group to get put on the same team too, there's potential for a fix, but it would need quite a bit of testing to get right,
  • BG exclusive supplies - I believe Campitor and I figured out a passable way to make BG only supplies work for non-consumable items, but we never tested to see how they would perform.
  • Dynamic player count - I havent really thought this through, but it's unlikely, you're going to be better off just having a couple of different sized BGs.
  • DC - This is entirely due to spawning onto the portal that teleports you back to the spawn, you can add an extra step or two into the respawn process, but depending on how it's done you would potentially give up the respawn timer.
  • Modes - There's definitely potential, but there's some fairly large hurdles to get things running properly. The last attempt didnt go so well and there was nearly zero interest in getting it implemented.

It's all not really worth looking into because the GMs arent actually that interested in implementing any positive changes, they take time to implement and test. Classic doesnt seem to get any work done outside of the 3-4 hours a week during maintenance.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

• BG exclusive supplies - I believe Campitor and I figured out a passable way to make BG only supplies work for non-consumable items, but we never tested to see how they would perform.

Oh do share.

I am not alone in being interested in the conversations you and campitor have about the future of the server.

I thought autocasting the skill might work, but there's no examples of catalyst using skills that come to mind off gear.

#18 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

I second the general opinion.
If you are going to change any item's weight, it should indeed be the one that was added as a customization in the first place.
Just tweak Battlegrounds blue potions to better fit in the game's balance and not make ranked potions obsolete.

Careful though, Battleground potions are what drives most BG participants. Making them entirely obsolete would kill Battlegrounds (BG activity is already very low), and then the unfortunate rest of the participants can't get their BG gear.

Same goes for people who AFK in BG: sadly, given the current state of things, Battlegrounds' activity depends on them. By punishing them you punish everybody, as BG won't ever run due to lack of participants.

That's also why having different sized BG rooms would greatly benefit players.
[Context for the GM team below]

As things are now Battlegrounds run very rarely on Classic.You need 16 players to be in the waiting room at the same time for BG to start. People dribble in throughout the day and leave as soon as they warp in to see how many are waiting (usually 0), because they know the requirement isn't likely to be met unless there is already a group of players in trying to get things started.

Sometimes (usually before WoE) we all wish there could be 20 people in there, but the rest of the week 16 players is just too high a requirement for Classic, thus BG is dead 5 days out of 7.

[Edit: huge blank space]

Edited by iROLee, 10 February 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#19 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Last Jan 19th Classic Patch notes:

The plan for the spotlight is to update it to match where the Valentines Day quest will take place. We should be receiving it from kRO on 1/23

This week:
  • Valentines Day Event starts today! Repeat of the 2016 Valentines Day Event

Question:  Since we ended up having a repeat of last year's quest instead, are the spotlighted maps the same as last week or they were updated to some new areas after this maintenance?

Edited by teresias, 10 February 2017 - 05:07 AM.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:26 AM

If it's a repeat does that mean kRO fell through on making this year's compatible with classic? 

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:58 AM

If it's a repeat does that mean kRO fell through on making this year's compatible with classic? 

There was a chunk that had to be removed because of something called the "Pet Evolution" system from even the renewal quest. Were planning on scripting St. Patricks day from a classic stand point so will work on both servers.

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

Last Jan 19th Classic Patch notes:

This week:

Question:  Since we ended up having a repeat of last year's quest instead, are the spotlighted maps the same as last week or they were updated to some new areas after this maintenance?

The only change in the stoplight was the exp increase due to the EXP event.

All classic monsters are at +100% exp (due to extended maintenance)

with spotlight adding another +100% exp

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

Blah. Are you still taking community submitted quests? 

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

edit: it's 2017, why is the word a-f-k-er still censored? Homunc drama is so 2012.

afker isn't censored. But if you dropped the A it because short hand for another word.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

@campitor srsly tho

Blah. Are you still taking community submitted quests? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users