BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Anything interesting enough yet to come back too?

What I do not consider interesting:

Copy paste map
Copy paste boss
Busywork quest
Silly Armor sets
Anything Helium Related

-War

Edited by BloodyHalo, 10 February 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#2 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

Check my post called feedback
It needs to be updated since there's more stuff helium messed up. But it's pretty decent

#3 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

Link me I've become exceedingly lazy at foruming...ing

#4 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Oh, so the content was so [pumpkins] that the feedback thread I made was completely negative.

Due to this, one of the lovely volunteers decided to remove it even though it had more than 20 posts.

[Edited for content: Varitas]

#5 ElfLord

ElfLord

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

Long story short

Helium released "new" content that is ridiculous, makes no sense, and is just poorly designed.

There are 0 NEW maps.

2 of the "new" maps are the same as PD.

The main map, Helium took the Ancient Ruins map, and ruined it by making it completely dark.

He also copied Nova Lux COMPLETELY, making the patch INSANELY HUGE, and used that as...a nonsense map.

There are new armors, which at max compound give the most ridiculously OP stats you can possibly imagine. Upper Elem gives 950 int. 1 piece.

The mobs are beautiful. Which is expected because he used Korean mobs. He made nothing new himself.

As usual the content was released with a TON of bugs.

Oh and he added an NPC called Professor Helium.  :p_err:

Edited by ElfLord, 09 February 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#6 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

Lmao @900 int. Wish I could say I was surprised. Is it still silly Helium behind this madness or has some other noob taken over the dev team under his name? Because no one person could fail this hard for years...it has to be an imposter...right?

Edited by BloodyHalo, 10 February 2017 - 12:47 AM.

#7 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Helium came up with the crazy INT bloodyhalo, sad but true...

#8 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:08 AM

The new sets are not entirely finished. If you have something  to propose, please do. Having a list of what you'd like to change would be delightful. Helium says there is still time to change current stats. Some of them are far from perfect, I agree.

About maps, it's sad ofc. But this decision saved a huge amount of time, because making a brand new map on this ancient engine is a really tough task. I'm not even sure if there is a landscape designer tool.

Yes he took existing armor models. But why not? We can't just delete them and make from scratch again. There are still unimplemented models of Rozen which've never been released and could come in handy.

Quests are made to solve a problem when you level up 85 and can't go any further, only boring DQ remains which eventually drive you buggy. New quests give plenty of exp, that's an important result.

And nobody says helium's gonna leave everything as it is now. He's got a whole lot of work cut out for him still.

#9 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:39 AM

Helium is always 3 Years to late to listen or when [Pumpkins] gets so  deep that he is forced to react.

He never listen before the Update comes out.

It would save so many Time and Resources.

But it`s always only about WHO says it not who is in the right.

The Reason is simply: he has no deeper understanding about what he does.

[edited for content: Varitas]

Edited by Varitas, 13 February 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#10 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

The new sets are not entirely finished. If you have something to propose, please do. Having a list of what you'd like to change would be delightful. Helium says there is still time to change current stats. Some of them are far from perfect, I agree.

About maps, it's sad ofc. But this decision saved a huge amount of time, because making a brand new map on this ancient engine is a really tough task. I'm not even sure if there is a landscape designer tool.
Yes he took existing armor models. But why not? We can't just delete them and make from scratch again. There are still unimplemented models of Rozen which've never been released and could come in handy.

Quests are made to solve a problem when you level up 85 and can't go any further, only boring DQ remains which eventually drive you buggy. New quests give plenty of exp, that's an important result.

And nobody says helium's gonna leave everything as it is now. He's got a whole lot of work cut out for him still.

Im going to assume that you are a newer player or some sort of volunteer support staff. Everyone new always says the same thing. "They are still working to fix-they don't have a choice-it will get better-etc".

That said, propose something? Surely you jest. I will wait for Ninn to come and explain exactly how much they listen to our proposals. But sadly I have to admit we've never tried suggestions. Oh wait you mean like this?

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2304429

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2311300

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2287625

https://forums.warpp...s/?fromsearch=1

Oh snaps. Just some of the more "current" ones. Some of us and I personally spent many days/hours designing skills and suggestions. Want to see my endless Skype chats with Helium? Want to see the trello proposals with Alteris? Point is, well I think you get the point (hopefully, ReQQ staff supporters can be a little dense at first. Don't worry, a healthy dose of ReQQ BS will eventually bring you round).

Also yes...yes you can get rid of the old models and start with a new one...that's why they call a dev team a dev team...for development. If not just call them the comp team for their copy/paste skills.

But just give it a couple months. Every newer person starts out the same as you. Bright hopes, faith in the ReQQ team, its nothing new. After a year or two (probably sooner) when your class is suddenly rendered obsolete, or a single person with the same lvl of armor and stats as you wipes out your entire team, or when you've seen the same bosses/mobs for 9 years(holy carp its been that long), or when Helium says skill updates are coming and 2 years later the first skill update comes and is bugged out the ass, and then instead of fixing immediately it takes another year to fix them, you'll understand what some of these ancient forum dwellers are saying. Hell I've been involed with this game longer than some kids have been alive.

Be sure of one fact. If Helium says he's going to fix something that means get comfortable because its NOT going to be fixed anytime soon and he is going to work on something else totally unneeded and irrelevant. You have better luck with him changing something if you DONT bring it up.

Lastly about how busy Helium is, I'm going to shut this one down right now Becuase I'm done with this excuse. I'm a FULL time father, husband, I own a Freaking resturant, so I'm also a full time baker/chef. Oh I am also in college and finishing up a degree. And in my free time I still worked on the game.

So sorry, I have no pity for those who have tight schedules. That's why they call it "work".

Edit: Excuse my multiple edits, I am a grammar -_- and my phone doesn't seem to understand that.

P.S. @the questing 85 comment. Everyone knows when you reach Reqqs endgame you come to the forums to die in peace. Come on now do you know nothing of ReQQ :/?

-War

Edited by BloodyHalo, 10 February 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#11 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:23 AM

I believe the 2017 plan is to quietly close down Gravity's negative assets. Pretty much everything not Ragnarok.

#12 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

I believe the 2017 plan is to quietly close down Gravity's negative assets. Pretty much everything not Ragnarok.

Sounds like a plan to me. Better to close it than let this embarrassment keep going. Burn it with fire.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 10 February 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#13 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

I am not sure how it is possible that he doesnt understand when he has 20 volunteers there to guide him. Granted most of them are afk. And most of the non-afk part tries to make their own class OP. But common. Logic? No?
I honestly still think that he doesnt care and just wants to kill the game so that he can relax at work.

Are these the same reps from when Kaz and I were reps or a fresh batch of poor souls they've got believing their suggestions are actually being listened to?

Also no foul language? You kidding me? I don't cuss much but Is this still a mature game? I mean you do know half the female costumes are glorified lingerie no?

Edited by BloodyHalo, 10 February 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#14 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

That said, propose something? Surely you jest. I will wait for Ninn to come and explain exactly how much they listen to our proposals. But sadly I have to admit we've never tried suggestions. Oh wait you mean like this?

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2304429

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2311300

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2287625

https://forums.warpp...s/?fromsearch=1

Those look awesome. But it's all about skill changes, not armor stats. I'm sure, we'll get to that later when it needs to complete the skill revision that was paused in the middle of it.

Oh snaps. Just some of the more "current" ones. Some of us and I personally spent many days/hours designing skills and suggestions.

The new armor models were made for the future that has actually come.

Im going to assume that you are a newer player or some sort of volunteer support staff. Everyone new always says the same thing. "They are still working to fix-they don't have a choice-it will get better-etc".

Not correct. I'm playing since December 2008 and I'm as much eager as you are to see Requiem being developed as it was in the past. I'm just being understanding and patient.

P.S. @the questing 85 comment. Everyone knows when you reach Reqqs endgame you come to the forums to die in peace. Come on now do you know nothing of ReQQ :/?

I know many people who rushed to level up 90 but they get stuck at 85-86 and have only boring Daily Quests to reach their cap. It's a common problem in Requiem, and those new quests are lightning players' load.

Edited by Vulpes93, 11 February 2017 - 02:45 AM.

#15 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:14 AM

hilarious.

this Game has 99 Problem but leveling is surly NOT one of em.

You claim you know the Game since Beta, how can you say then leveling is a Problem now, makes absolutely no sense.

From a Sells man attitude i can understand your Point that everyone who is not cap can`t spent Money on the latest Armor oh ya i get it.

You ever heard: The journey is the Goal

#16 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:22 AM

this Game has 99 Problem

And everyone know that. New update requires some nit-picking at the moment. Once this is done, helium will proceed against current issues.

but leveling is surly NOT one of em.

Of course for experienced players mostly it's not a problem. But we can't ignore the others, there are still newbies in Requiem.

#17 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:35 AM

You make it sound like as if it`s not possible to reach Cap if i miss a HH or some Quest or that it will take Years.

Let me remind you , in the Past it did took actually months and Years to reach cap as a non Premium Player, because of that we had a huge motivated Player base it was the same for everyone and a worthy Goal. but Today?!:

You say repeatable Quest are boring.

You know whats really boring? your endless repetitive "enchant and compound of madness".

Please implant something to save me from that.

But gaining Exp? you must be joking is 2 exp weekends or One 400% X-Mas Cards/Event Weekend to long? oh boy

Is truly today a Game for 12 Years old the Requiem.

And if you want to play the "newbies Card" then why you don`t balance the start zones/ Battlefields that would help the newbies to have a reason to stay in Game.

Don`t get me started with Helium, what he promised to do and what we actually saw.

You guys are simply not honest.

Edited by SandySandman, 11 February 2017 - 03:41 AM.

#18 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:47 AM

then why you don`t balance the start zones

What's no balanced about them?

#19 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:01 AM

Start zones are non-sense now, coz Helium wants all the players to be 90, so they can spend money since the first day.

Too much exp, too fast lvl up, you miss all the game, now it's just "how much money can I milk from a player before they quit?"

#20 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:18 AM

Start zones are non-sense now, coz Helium wants all the players to be 90, so they can spend money since the first day.

Too much exp, too fast lvl up, you miss all the game, now it's just "how much money can I milk from a player before they quit?"

But in the past most of the players was unpleased by slow leveling, now it's fast and players still unpleased. For I find this odd.

Edited by Vulpes93, 11 February 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#21 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:25 AM

But in the past most of the players was unpleased by slow leveling, now it's fast and players still unpleased.

This game used to be a grinder. Hours and hours of smashing mobs were ur way to go. The death penalty was a  pain in the ass, the lost exp was hard to get back.

Ppl grouped up for nm monsters and so on. It was work to become something in this game.

Nowadays its all way too easy, lvl jumps, exp & lant en mass, op items which let u clear the hardest mobs in seconds.

Wheres the challenge?

#22 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:55 AM

This game used to be a grinder. Hours and hours of smashing mobs were ur way to go. The death penalty was a  pain in the ass, the lost exp was hard to get back.
Ppl grouped up for nm monsters and so on. It was work to become something in this game.

Nowadays its all way too easy, lvl jumps, exp & lant en mass, op items which let u clear the hardest mobs in seconds.

Wheres the challenge?

I'm perfectly familiar with grinding.

It has it's beauty but not for everyone. Generally it just eventually kills the interest. And there is too many levels to reach the max, not like it was before(59, 69). There are always advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by Vulpes93, 11 February 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#23 SandySandman

SandySandman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

Let me quote you:

you can`t please em all.

But let`s not forget what this Game was or still claims to be: a hardcore/Horror Game inside a Apocalyptic Scene.

You think its logic to expect fast progressing? Oh Boy you have really no clue what made this Game once Popular.

The whole Requiem Team don`t seam to understand the Old Concept of Requiem. 

Whats not balanced about the starter zone? 

Can`t believe i have to explain that. Did you read any of the Post in the last 2-3 Days? Obviously you did not.

In the Past you actually did not needed a Cap Character to be able to Compete in the 49 or 69 FoC Battlefield.

Read again my Post you deleted/moved. 

I said new Player where save to invest in the lower Brackets because of the low Inflation.

You get your FoC set and some PD Accessory drops and your rdy to go.

Today you need a caped Fully Gear Character to get your Enchants, your Gear and Armor. Like the Zero Carus Gear stands for.

Don`t you see the Problem in balance? 

Vulpes either you are mocking me or you have no insight. Maybe Both.

Edited by SandySandman, 11 February 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#24 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:39 AM

Level up nowdays is a joke. You literally JUMP the first levels, which provide the best contents and that's sad.

There is an insane inflation on everything...stats, lant, exp...which mostly killed any kind of challenge and balance in the game. 

#25 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:38 AM

SandySandman, there was a Russian special server that was made to give an opportunity for players to try old times. This server was made because players asked for the same thing you are trying to tell us. Admins built up a new server and everyone was allowed to start their journey from scratch. There was a complete hell, no events, no malls, no nothing. But that did not turn out well after all, the attempt of bringing old times has failed and the server was closed because of a lack of players on new server. Almost everyone stayed playing easy mode on their lovely geared toons.

Edited by Vulpes93, 11 February 2017 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users