Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

Why does little angel and little devil feathers drop it seems everywhere? I pushed to level my chars on Orlo and they dropped everywhere I leveled. Now I'm trying to farm on Eldeon for Xita dragon feathers and Hook wing pieces and I'm getting a lot of Bird feathers, little angel and little devil feathers and even more insect wing pieces.  Can someone look into this and see if that correct cause it doesn't seem like it should be like that?

thanks

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:35 PM

They're what's referred to as 'Map Drops'. They essentially are 'collected' by the monsters on that map [for whatever reason] and thus most of the monsters on a map with that drop will drop them. 

#3 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:27 AM

So basically these 'Map Drops' have a higher drop rate too?   I have two level 145 chars farming Hooks and so many different materials drop, not even both can hold them all, even when I consolidate them so only one has that particular material. 

Maybe its just my logical and analytical background, to me those feathers should only be drops on Junon, like in the cave.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:56 AM

The problem is we just simply too much junk materials in the game. 

#5 RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationAdventurer's Plains
  • Server:The one everyone is in

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

It would be interesting to see that only bird type mobs would drop feather items, wouldn't it? Also goes with other items in game. So when you want to farm a certain item you'd just think which mob would have that and there you'll go.

Yep, I'm off topic.

Edited by RamonaFlowers, 10 February 2017 - 08:04 AM.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Please list the number of 'bird' type monsters we have. 

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

When I asked Leo about this a long time ago, he said that often animals in the wild eat birds (for example) and that's why a variety of animals can drop bird feathers. Honestly it seems unlikely that a bird would eat another bird in nature but if you apply that thinking here, the randomness of some of the drops makes sense (kinda). :P

To Feuer- the only actual bird monsters I can think of are the Sikuku Gargoyles  tho there are several flying type monsters like the bees, wasps, Warbiz, Eudy and Orpe, Frozen Sentinels on Lona  and the ghosts since they kind of hover rather than walk. There are some flying things in the temple on Luna too but I don't remember their names.

@ the topic starter- When a clannie of mine was farming for dragon feathers, he fought around the big skeleton and did alright but it does take time. If you are looking to sell those bird feathers tho, let me know since I can always use them.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

Let me restate that.

Where are the Xita Dragons.
Where are The Birds that drop Bird Feathers.
Where are the little angel and devils that drop Little Angel/Devil Feathers. 

Just because they're 'hovering' or 'flying' doesn't mean they're feathered* flying mobs. 

#9 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

The materials/drops should have specific areas and worlds they drop on. They actually used to be kinda like that before they changed it to this tiers and whatever. Bird feathers I grant you are an oddity since there are no true birds. The caves used to be the only place to get little angel/devil feathers.  Worm dragons scales are another one, not sure where they drop as last time I tried farming Worm dragon types I never got a single scale. There's a bunch of crafting materials that don't seem to drop that much. And I had once asked Leo about it and he basically told me to buy them out of shops or from the NPC with points.

To me maybe more people would use more of the areas if things were more specific on where they dropped. And that doesn't mean move more stuff to the dungeons.

@Honeybunz I rarely sell mats I collect. I have a hoarding problem lol. I'm still missing some key crafting gear which I need honor points. Since I don't do dungeons or wars anymore, kind of hard to get them.

Edited by Fishnet, 10 February 2017 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users