zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

hi, i was wondering if you could change how the gatekeeper appear in is fight.

at the moment we need to wait a long time before we can fight the part 2/3/4 so the fight is crazy long.

I possible fix that could make player happy is don't change the normal timer for is arrival but only add the>>>. When a Gatekeeper Dies put the wait timer to 0 and make the next gatekeeper appear and so on until all gatekeeper are all dead.

So like that it wont affect the player who cant still kill it before the timer is a 0 and the fast player wont wait he full timer to farm the item.

Or if the Timer dont work like that > IF Gate Keeper 1 Die > make Gate Keeper 2 go to Fight and so on

i hope it can be done and thx

Edited by zirothos, 10 February 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

I agree with this. The original reason for the spawn time was his HP was crazy high so it made sense. Now he seems to go down pretty easily with low enchanted weapons.

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Agreeing aswell. What is the point to divide the boss into 4 completely same monsters just to fight them one by one ?

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

Agreeing aswell. What is the point to divide the boss into 4 completely same monsters just to fight them one by one ?

It's something unique. It shall be 4 monsters which are waking up from stone one by one. That is what Gargoyles do. They are stone statues which wake up to protect their building. Never saw Disney's Gargoyles?

About the time between the waking up after on is dead: Need to check this after my vacation.

#5 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

ok thx^^ take your time and Have fun during your vacation :p_hi:

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

I also agree, Van cliff and that rare dark element dungeon takes forever to respawn those gargoyles and I even used a +4 weapon so it shouldn't take so long for him to appear.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

It's something unique. It shall be 4 monsters which are waking up from stone one by one. That is what Gargoyles do. They are stone statues which wake up to protect their building. Never saw Disney's Gargoyles?

About the time between the waking up after on is dead: Need to check this after my vacation.

At the time of release (When cap was 65) old Gatekeeper was a considerable challenge due to lower atk values at the time. But with later patches even at 60-65 a +4 weapon doesn't have much difficulty and even if their is the first 3 statues can be status inflicted allowing for locks. There isn't even monster waves between the Gatekeepers.

Yes it's very unique for a bossfight (Especially because his HP is quite high by comparison to anything not Bone Dragon in the level 60-65 range) but it takes too long.

#8 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

^now that popcorn is back he can look in to this small problem. and since it's a medal to farm now more player will get affected by this slow spawn :p_hi:

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

small problem.

Who are you to decide what's a small problem and what's not? (also it's no problem at all, it's a change)  :p_ang:

In Dragon Saga there are no small problems. There are only problems and big problems. You have been told that Arcadia Ep. 2 is worked on and should be release somewhen in spring. Do you think Arcadia Ep. 2 creates itself?

To be honest: gatekeeper is no bug, it's working and because of that it's priority is lower than low.

IF I have some free time AND it's a small thing I will change that. If I have NO free time and it's a bigger thing then it will have to wait. 

#10 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

In Dragon Saga there are no small problems. There are only problems and big problems.

lol rip

#11 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:03 AM

Who are you to decide what's a small problem and what's not? (also it's no problem at all, it's a change)  :p_ang:

In Dragon Saga there are no small problems. There are only problems and big problems. You have been told that Arcadia Ep. 2 is worked on and should be release somewhen in spring. Do you think Arcadia Ep. 2 creates itself?

To be honest: gatekeeper is no bug, it's working and because of that it's priority is lower than low.

IF I have some free time AND it's a small thing I will change that. If I have NO free time and it's a bigger thing then it will have to wait. 

Dude.. who are you to decide what people see as a problem and what not? For people who have a small time window in that they are able to play dragonsaga this might be a problem, for others not or for those who arent farming that dungeon. It can be for that guy a problem but not for others, so why are you so harsh?

There are only problems and big problems? Thats your opinion, but tbh i think that a missing item name or a guild quest with wrong details isnt such a huge problem as the basic element glitch.

I think you should choose your words more wisely in the future. You always ask for suggestions / bug reports and other stuff that improves the game and when people actually decide to give their opinion about it you reply them in that way? How are people supposed to know if it is actually a bug or if its intended to work in that way and yes, i consider it also as a small problem.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 25 February 2017 - 03:05 AM.

#12 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:42 AM

Dude.. who are you...?

The dev of this game. The one and only we have. The one person that does everything and anything for this game. The guy that works his butt off to fix things our "beloved" former devs left for us. The one responsible for any kind of fix, adjustments, system upgrades, server stability upgrades and content updates. Aside from community work, live stream work and I am about sure a lot of work with helping people getting their game to run. This guy is the core and lead developer of the DragonSaga "team". One guy with 2 arms, that does any dev work that comes up. You guys want Arcardia part 2 right? So let him do his job. Remember, one guy with 2 arms. The time he spends on fixing rather minor problems that honestly can wait a bit longer for a fix (gate keeper is like that for years and people killed him for years like this and it does not hurt them if they continue killing him like this for a bit longer...) will result in time missing for Arcardia part 2 work. Means in less stuff, content and whatever it is that is planned for part 2.

To be honest, Poppie is the only one from all of us here that knows what he is talking about regarding the coding of this game. Including knowlege about all the problems left in the game code. I'm sure he has a pretty good understanding about and caring for "problems" regarding DragonSaga.

Regarding deciding what a "real" problem is and what a problem is that is rather unimportant right now and can wait for later fix/adjustment, I'm pretty sure Poppie knows best.

#13 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

It was a suggestion from zirothos, and as it seems its highly appreciated by the community, also your quote of my post is out of the context, you are trying to make headlines. I see no intention from zirothos attacking Popcorn or his work, it was just a suggestion by him.

ok thx^^ take your time and Have fun during your vacation :p_hi:

no need to be that impolite. If you get triggered by the words "small problem" you failed your job by moderating the forums in my opinion. even more because ziro didnt mean it bad and just tried to be nice.

No one said that it has to be done before arcadia, no one knew that it was intended to be like that. And if the way the gatekeeper works is a problem for people then it is a problem for them. You can disagree with their opinion but you cant say that they arent allowed to see it as a problem. Yes, people farm that dungeon for years already, and? People also lived with the not skipable cutscenes for years and they still changed it. Just because people played with them for years it doesnt mean that theres no reason to change it.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 25 February 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#14 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

Turtle Tuber Dont get mad like that, Popcorn is right, and i know arcadia take priority.

I don't mind to much, we are all human and sometime we don't think to much how we write stuff.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:43 AM

Ye, this issue is comparable to the unskipable cut scenes. Slightly annoying, would be nice if it could be gotten rid of, but just wastes a bit of time each run so it doesn't matter that much. Besides it's even less significant with this boss than say like the galaxia or element cut scenes, gatekeeper gets run way less then those those dungeons. I'd consider the problem smaller than small...

Edited by Precrush, 25 February 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

^now that popcorn is back he can look in to this small problem. and since it's a medal to farm now more player will get affected

No one said that it has to be done before arcadia,

Dude (by the way I hate to be called dude and I hate to call others dude either but it seems it is necessary that one speaks to you that way) ... the quoted part is a demand not a suggestion. The suggestion has already been done in the original post but Zirothos' post implies that he thinks it's easy to do so I can do that as soon as possible since I am back from my vacation now. Possibly immediately start working on it. And that's what I answered to. I didn't say anything about it's a small or big problem for players. I said it's not a "small problem" to change this. 

By the way it can't be that urgent if it's only a small problem.

However, I didn't take Zirothos' post too serious because he surely knows that I usually do what players request when the time for it has come or I deny implementing things at some point. That is why I am doing the right job here on the forums. And I am sure also Zirothos knows that he shouldn't have taken my answering style too serious. Agitodesu at least understood.

As for the "forum-mod" job. I wouldn't need to answer your questions, suggestions and other issues here on the forums. It's not the part of the developer's job. But I do that because I want to, because most players are important to me and also because I think the players have the right to be informed about things.

For sure I can do what a dev does... just say nothing, just stay out of the forums and no one knows if I saw the post, if I deny to implement, if it takes time or if I agree with the opinions or if others agree with my opinions. I won't do that because I like the interaction with the players and I think many good things for the game are the result of my community interaction. And I won't stop doing this just because you don't like me or my style.

#17 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

O right i know now the real time to every Keeper to appear. After many test with my iphone course Timer i finaly arrive to this time.

When you enter the room the first keeper take about 3.5 sec to move and 1.5 sec to really start moving.

The 2nd keep wakes up 50 sec the first one and 50 sec for every other keeper. now if you kill the keeper in less then 1 sec xD (any lv 60 character with +20 weapon or  higher lv) the fight for the keeper should be around 3min 27 to 3min 50.

So if you want to do the medal keep that in mind.

and dont forget the time needed to do floor 7 to 10 if you have the scroll to start there, and that about 1min to 1min 10 with a invoker 64 with a +20 bone weapon.

to be fair and to be able to make a quick nomber easier ( the 20 is the time you need to kill the keeper to get the last medal) >> (4min x 20(boss time) + (4min30x20(time to run until keeper fight)  80 min +  90 min = 170 min    

time to put that in hours 2h and 50 min. (and keep in mind that is only the play time in the mission zone. you can add all the time lost in vancliff mansion of taking break xD so that about it. i hope it will help some you wonder how much time it could take to farm the Gate keeper medal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users