Where are the guides ? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Where are the guides ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ihaki

ihaki

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

Hello,

I've been playing RO2 at the beggining, not for long, maybe 1 week or so...

But now, i want to play on this game, make friends etc... I've been searching for some guides but i can't find any ! Even the old fansites (english ones) are not online anymore.

It seems that the forums are dying and the game too... It may be only an impression but, that's my feelings.

I can build a website, only basic at the moment, i don't have much time. But i need people who can build guides.

If anyone here wants to help, that's welcomed, you can also post some guides here to help newcomers (like me) and make this forum alive too

#2 dvalinthecacnea

dvalinthecacnea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Earth

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

Hmmm... Try contacting @Lucientele and @Arbalist. They both have sorcerer and beastmaster guide respectively shared somewhere in deep forum. Try to ask them!

#3 iVanillaMint

iVanillaMint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOn your mind

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

what guides?  :questionmark:

if you have a question, you can start a new topic here or ask in Public Chat (In game)

RO2 Database, here and here, but i don't know that database is still up to date or not  :hmm:

#4 gabbyjay13

gabbyjay13

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

I have been offline for 2 years (since they started talking about nerfing Battle Tactics) but I have a post on FB that keeps getting likes.  I got 3 likes this week.  The address is:https://www.facebook.com/wyvernro2/  It has quite a few builds that should still be applicable since I am still getting likes.

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

Oh neat, honourable mentions, I'll take it.

The subsections for these are relatively reliable, just be wary of anything posted before April 2014 (August 2014 for Thief classes) as that is where the game went through many formula changes.

General guides:
https://forums.warpp...narok-2-guides/

Class specific guides:
https://forums.warpp...um/375-classes/

As well, there is the RO2 knowledge base:
https://support.warp...k-online-2.aspx

Beyond that, if there is ever anything that you or any other player is confused about, feel free to just ask your questions. Depending on scheduling, I'm willing to write up guides that are specifically requested. This is mostly to document info before I go senile, but also because I can pretend to be a nice person :P

#6 ihaki

ihaki

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

what guides?  :questionmark:

if you have a question, you can start a new topic here or ask in Public Chat (In game)

RO2 Database, here and here, but i don't know that database is still up to date or not  :hmm:

On online games, many people used to post guides for character guides. Like : "Assassin, get this as skills, this as stats, it's better than this because..." 

Something like that. There are a few here, but not much

#7 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

While there are only a few guides, they are more or less sufficient or comprehensive enough. 

The simple and slightly sad reason for that is because there isn't enough variety to warrant the need for multiple guides. Because a lot of skills are overpowered or unique, they become core to all builds. The overwhelming amount of skill points available defeat the need for different skill builds because you can do 95% of what everyone else in your class can do. Then the remaining few unattractive skills are left to a user's discretion as personal preference.

In terms of stats, your actual build reflects somewhere from 5% to 3% of your overall total. Simply put, the stat points just aren't impactful enough. For damage, you can go with your respective Str or Int, depending on class needs but that barely affects your actual damage anyways because of how the formula works. Wis is not important enough to invest in because equipping just level appropriate gear gives you more than enough. Agi is an odd sheep that is only useful in PVP, and only for dodge, which is 1 out of its 3 intended uses. Hit is almost always irrelevant since you get enough from gears and crit is irrelevant because you'll cap out your crit rate through buffs and level appropriate gear. This leaves Vit which scales wonderfully and usually has the most marginal benefit out of all the stats. It is important for surviving most content and PVP so it is appropriate for all of the classes and almost all builds, barring specific, niche, gimmicky builds. This washes out to just 1 build in the end which defeats the need for any real stat build guide.

#8 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:47 PM

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users