Updates regarding duping issue - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Updates regarding duping issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hello Roserians!

The ROSE Team is currently working to resolve the item duplication exploit that has been occurring in ROSE recently. I have read through all the comments and discussions and just want to update a bit on this matter for clarification. 

- There was another duping issue earlier this year that was resolved. This is not the same issue that was occurring then. 

- Clean up solutions are still underway by the GM Team. 

- Fixing this issue is the ROSE Teams number one priority at this time. 

- The ROSE Team can track the players who are abusing this exploit and the items that are being duped. Players found to be abusing the game or associated with this type of abuse in this way will be suspended. 

- If you see an exploit being used or have any information on this matter, please send me a PM or send a ticket to our support team to help. 

- All of the suggestions and feedback made in previous threads on this subject are being forwarded to the ROSE Team for review. 

Further updates on this matter will be posted in this thread. Additional threads on this subject will be forwarded to this topic. We will also be updating here once the maintenance to resolve this issue has been implemented. Thank you everyone who has sent in reports and given us feedback on this matter to help resolve this issue. 

#2 dixymen

dixymen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Can you stop using the term ROSE Team and say Genesis? As he's the only one who can look into and fix it.

And if you can track those duping / exploiting then why did it take you over 2 weeks to acknowledge the problem the first time round and over a week this time round? The only reason you're posting this now is because you've been made aware of it. What if they kept everything hush-hush.

No-one has been punished and no items have been removed the first time round. Even the most obvious accounts with hoards of duped items.

You guys are running around like headless chickens. Not even running in fact. The dupers ran wild for hours this afternoon with not a staff member in site. I'm sick of supporting a game that the staff themselves can't even support.

Edited by dixymen, 15 February 2017 - 09:42 AM.

#3 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Thing is none of these so call GM's play the game to understand whats going on!

Whats the point of lark closing all the topic saying "it's against the forum rules" and now opens a topic herself. Comedy.

Edited by iRaphael, 15 February 2017 - 09:59 AM.

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

Thing is none of these so call GM's play the game to understand whats going on!

Whats the point of lark closing all the topic saying "it's against the forum rules" and now opens a topic herself. Comedy.

To consolidate the comments and information rather than it being spread all over in several places

#5 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

To consolidate the comments and information rather than it being spread all over in several places

Okay, in that case why was my initial topic closed regarding dupe. It was the only active topic about dupe at that time.

#6 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

- The ROSE Team can track the players who are abusing this exploit and the items that are being duped. Players found to be abusing the game or associated with this type of abuse in this way will be suspended

this is not enough player is intentionally duping hence they should not be suspended but PERMANENTLY be banned.

#7 IMsellerbuyer

IMsellerbuyer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

this is not enough player is intentionally duping hence they should not be suspended but PERMANENTLY be banned.

I would totally agree on this. Players who've been duping will just try to come back. As what Feuer said, ban them and delete the account, anything that has to do with those account since the root of the problem would be the accounts that were used to duped. Getting them suspended would just make their doings subside for a little while. Besides, IP banned would be effective since some do have a way to change their IP addresses with no sweat

#8 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:03 AM

So i was walking around junon and a random vendor adds me to party and decides to have a conversation with me.

2qkmjr5.jpg

34j4qy9.jpg

2cdziq8.jpg

This shows no one really cares about the consequences, because most of them are dead sure there aren't going to be any. Although it's just one fellow, this seems to be the general feelings towards abusing duped items and the market.

While this goes on it's quite difficult to abide by the rules and do nothing, meanwhile people who are willing to abuse the market get away with. The countless hours of playing Dp. Months and months of running dailies everyday. And it all comes down to this ? 

Just to see people get away with the same runes as us who haven't put a fraction of effort we have ? This is just plain blasphemy.

Ps : The name and the full screen shots on request.

Edited by iRaphael, 16 February 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#9 LooneyCL

LooneyCL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:05 AM

Just put some people can help the "TEAM Rose" dam... why just only one!!! need a 4 o 5 to play and see the things bug etc etc etc...

#10 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:25 AM

So i was walking around junon and a random vendor adds me to party and decides to have a conversation with me.

2qkmjr5.jpg

34j4qy9.jpg

2cdziq8.jpg

This shows no one really cares about the consequences, because most of them are dead sure there aren't going to be any. Although it's just one fellow, this seems to be the general feelings towards abusing duped items and the market.

While this goes on it's quite difficult to abide by the rules and do nothing, meanwhile people who are willing to abuse the market get away with. The countless hours of playing Dp. Months and months of running dailies everyday. And it all comes down to this ?
Just to see people get away with the same runes as us who haven't put a fraction of effort we have ? This is just plain blasphemy.

Ps : The name and the full screen shots on request.

There were no consequences before and more likely there wont be now, instead of doing something smart as to turn off the server and fix the issue to avoid more exploits and reduce further impact on the economy they just let it up, no consequences, people keeps selling duped items screwing legit vendors and players, allowing people to take advantage for it, people getting 100 runes now like candy but hey "its all good, the ROSE team is working around the clock to fix this issue" like with AA/CD/leveling crashes :D

The message players get from this is how little they care and that what ever you do you will be fine cuz there are no consequences what so ever

#11 treek1994

treek1994

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

So how do we differentiate duplicate items and original item ???? :hmm:

#12 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Interesting question... I want to know too.

That was the same after this first duping issue... there was even an emergency maintenance... and a lot of people thought, that everything is OK now and the duped stuff was removed.

They bought what they needed in the shops,

A lot of innocent people bought that stuff... not aware, that it was not legit

There are still people in game, who are not even aware, that there is a duping issue at all... they dont even wonder about the prices... they are just happy that they get their stuff that cheap.

This duped stuff is everywhere... because no one can see the difference between legit items and duped items.

The longer it takes ... the more impossible is it to remove the stuff from the game.

#13 marwanownz

marwanownz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

Last time there was no roll back... and now that there was another exploit there will still be no roll back? its pointless taking suggestions from the community if you wont even do anything about it I suggest you close the server for some days until you fix all this its just not even funny anymore, personally I don't care about them duping whatever and in large numbers and getting rich but duping the crates that's just unfair to those who did put in the hours and efforts for them to just dupe it in one day and max everything...

Edited by marwanownz, 17 February 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

It's not impossible, they'll remove it, you'll get scammed by the dupers, and then you have a choice to make.

Either:

1: Blame the staff as most of you are doing now, saying how it's unfair for them to remove them because the players are the victims.

or

2: Be mad at the dupers, instill a sense of responsibility in the community, and stop allowing toxic people and players with malicious intent to continue hiding and thriving in the corners and recesses of the game. 

I for one choose to blame the people who are duping. They're impeding my ability to feel safe buying anything [and I've bought VERY little from vends the last few weeks] and they're potentially causing significant damage, both to the in game economy and Gravity. 

The choice is yours. Either cry and continue trying to be a victim to get your selfish way, or blame the people and be angry with them for putting you and the rest of us in this situation. 

#15 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Last time there was no roll back... and now that there was another exploit there will still be no roll back? its pointless taking suggestions from the community if you wont even do anything about it I suggest you close the server for some days until you fix all this its just not even funny anymore, personally I don't care about them duping whatever and in large numbers and getting rich but duping the crates that's just unfair to those who did put in the hours and efforts for them to just dupe it in one day and max everything...

^

#16 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:06 AM

All kind of duping is unfair, no matter what kind of item it is.

As Feuer says, don't blame the staff. Blame the dupers because what they are doing now is destroying the game. Stop protecting the threat.

Edited by Buffiies, 17 February 2017 - 03:11 AM.

#17 dixymen

dixymen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:39 AM

Dupers will continue to dupe as long as the method is there and there is no consequence. Duping methods first came to the public eye over 6 weeks ago and since then there's been what, an Item Mall update and an emergency maintenance to fix the 1 of 3 dupe methods which we know exist?

It has now been said many times. Duping will ruin this game and has the potential to make it collapse. We know this as players. How can you say the staff don't share some responsibility for this issue when it is their job to ensure the servers remain stable and secure? How can you say this issue lays solely with the dupers themselves when WarpPortal prioritize an Item Mall update over finding and fixing the outstanding 2 duping methods.

I am at absolute wits end and outstanded that a company has not yet done anything to resolve the outstanding issues. Where the crap are the staff? What the crap are they actually doing? The severity of these exploits is just astonishing. If Genesis or the other "GM staff" are out of their depth then why haven't you set up a bug bounty to incentivise players to either help find this issue or get the culprits to report it themselves.

I'm taking bets now. Next week we'll have another Item Mall update, the dupe methods will still remain unpatched and we'll be fed the usual "the staff are aware and investigating".

How some of you can continue coloring your nose with the staff after how this has been handled is truly, truly beyond me. 6 weeks and counting folks. Remember that.

#18 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:00 AM

I know for a fact the staff is trying to solve this problem. It's not easy to figure out how its done.

Raging about the problem dosen't help the staff solve this issue. Instead maybe help them? If you find something odd, report the player, it doesn't hurt.

#19 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:10 AM

I agree with a few that people are focusing on the wrong people, its the dupers you should be mad at not the staff. The staff will get things right. You have to remember, the dupers intent 99% of the time is simply to disrupt the game, nothing more. Its pretty much like when they do dos attacks, etc.. Nothing more than to disrupt the game.

And this time around at least so far there's been no rollbacks. Cause in the past there were rollbacks and one time they even wiped out tons of zulie from accounts. Give the staff the time and report suspicious activity. It's pretty much always been up to the players to self police the game.

#20 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

Duping still going on definitely. Just caught a guy in AP doing it in a hidden area. kalofae Rose :/

He ran away when I caught him though lol

#21 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

Duping still going on definitely. Just caught a guy in AP doing it in a hidden area. kalofae Rose :/

He ran away when I caught him though lol

Report him then.

#22 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:51 AM

Both dupers and staff have their share of the fault, stop trying to suck it up to them, instead of just posting the same respond as if they were parrots, they should just close the server resolve the issue ban the ones doing it.

But instead they are just letting the server open, more duped items going into the economy, more ppl taking advantage of it and they still havent fixed a thing (not even from the previous episode of duping, those items still around). What will you do now a 2 weeks roll back? Cuz I would like to see how many people that actually did some farming, and legit playing say then...

The more time you let this go on the worst it will be but what ever right? as long as u make the im sales and updates all good?

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

Hey Carlos, I got a question.

How are they supposed to find out how the exploit works, and replicate it, if the server is offline? I may not be the sharpest cookie in the box, but I'm pretty sure they either need someone to  REPORT HOW IT WORKS in order for them to shut the server down, and fix it. If no one REPORTS it, then they have to watch the logs, watch the dupers, figure out the exploit, then replicate it. Only then, could they shut it down and bring it up after fixing it. 

As for being a suck up. No, trying to get on someone's good side has nothing to do with it, it about not having the server be terminated. Got it? Good. 

#24 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Discussion regarding private servers will be removed in any topic on the forums. At this time I will be locking this thread. We will post updates here as soon as they occur. If you have something to report, please send me a PM with this information, or send a ticket to the Support Team

#25 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

The duping issue should now be resolved with the server restart that occurred today. If you see any further suspicious activity, please send a ticket to our support team

Please know that while the means to dupe have been removed, the Support Team is still working to remove the items created through this exploit from the game. This is an ongoing process that may take some time to resolve, and we apologize for the delay regarding this matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users