How do i connect my pre-steam accounts to a steam one - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How do i connect my pre-steam accounts to a steam one

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lyess

Lyess

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Shouldnt this be pinned or something ? o.o

#2 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

You can't. I have tried several ways and none work.

#3 Lyess

Lyess

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:22 AM

Aight, how do i get to play on my pre-steam account then ?

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Download the client through the website, or open UPDATERUSA.exe in your [Steam folder]/steamapps/common/Requiem Online/ folder

#5 Mieru

Mieru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

As far as I know, to play the game through Steam, the account needs to have been created through Steam.

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

It's a completely stupid concept on not letting you tie your existing account in through steam as it was with the Facebook client. Major reason steam launch was not a success. None of the existing player base wanted to login through steam and boost the statistics. Got a whopping 300 new players.

#7 RealityBreakdown

RealityBreakdown

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

It's a completely stupid concept on not letting you tie your existing account in through steam as it was with the Facebook client. Major reason steam launch was not a success. None of the existing player base wanted to login through steam and boost the statistics. Got a whopping 300 new players.

And then lost 90% of them.
Same with facebook. When nova opened it was decently populated even though you needed that silly kalydo download, and the game took forever to open. But nevertheless it was populated at start. Defintely not anywhere close to Alteris' 500k players, but certainly 1000 people. I doubt even 10% of them still play.

#8 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Why would they play when they have to type in their account name 1000487659823. I doubt more than 1% even know how to recover your account name.

Edited by Cleffy, 24 February 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#9 RealityBreakdown

RealityBreakdown

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Why would they play when they have to type in their account name 1000487659823. I doubt more than 1% even know how to recover your account name.

Indeed
I have multiple accounts with that number thing, and I tried to get support to make it a real account name, but...and this is where it gets funny.
To make it a real account you have to make a new clean requiem game account. But I already have 5, so they said delete one. But there's no delete button. So I cleaned up one of the accounts, they said has to be a new account. And they can't move the toons over either.
And...those accounts can't get mall or premium.
BRILLIANT!
Not bad huh

#10 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

Shouldnt this be pinned or something ? o.o

Download the client through the website, or open UPDATERUSA.exe in your [Steam folder]/steamapps/common/Requiem Online/ folder

Hi, 

If you had an account through Warpportal previously you can use the suggestion Cleffy provided.   Most usually just create a shortcut to the file on their desktop and it will function like the usual launcher.  If you have a client that's older you may need to contact Warpportal Support.  If you do, send a PM, so that I can give the heads up on the situation. 

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users