#26 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:37 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/143

I was lagging as you can see in the replay so it's not optimal.

Also, I can't figure out what to card the staff with as I don't need MDef piercing with double Vespers or single Vesper + OBMH. Any suggestions?

videos please :D

EDIT: how much is fix and variable casting for waterball and deluge btw if u dont mind

I don't know exact numbers but a significant portion of both skills are fixed cast time.

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:38 AM

Timeholder card

#28 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Timeholder card

Pls give.

Edited by Zayaan, 24 February 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#29 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/143

I was lagging as you can see in the replay so it's not optimal.

Also, I can't figure out what to card the staff with as I don't need MDef piercing with double Vespers or single Vesper + OBMH. Any suggestions?

I don't know exact numbers but a significant portion of both skills are fixed cast time.

Oh thanks! Just watched the replay.. is the rate water balls are released affected by aspd? I mean, will the 25 hits finish faster with more aspd? mine seemed way slower (or maybe it was just the absence of the effects)

and for the card, jungle mandragora and fruit pom spider, afaik Ashuckel loved it! :heh:

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 24 February 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#30 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

x2 fire pom spider and go waterball some fire monsters with it '-'

#31 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

Too limited

#32 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:59 AM

Fruit Pom Spider Card looks pretty good actually. Water Ball would only be used against fire monsters after all.

Oh thanks! Just watched the replay.. is the rate water balls are released affected by aspd? I mean, will the 25 hits finish faster with more aspd? mine seemed way slower (or maybe it was just the absence of the effects)

and for the card, jungle mandragora and fruit pom spider, afaik Ashuckel loved it! :heh:

Aspd doesn't affect the duration of WB, but it does make it easier to cast skills in the middle of WB's animation.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 February 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#33 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/144

Why the Glorious Rings? Because I sold my Bako Tattoos and had nothing better to use.

#34 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:24 AM

http://www.divine-pr...ay/download/144

Why the Glorious Rings? Because I sold my Bako Tattoos and had nothing better to use.

Just wondering why you are not using release for waterball, is there a cons more than pros it could give?

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:47 AM

cast animation delay

Edited by Ashuckel, 25 February 2017 - 04:55 AM.

#36 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

cast delay

isnt it the same as the released spell? as per irowiki

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

corrected the word

instant cast skills force you through the whole cast animation, you can cancel it on casted ones by chaining the spell. Unless the class animation is very smooth then there's no problem

#38 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

corrected the word

instant cast skills force you through the whole cast animation, you can cancel it on casted ones by chaining the spell. Unless the class animation is very smooth then there's no problem

oohhh learned something new... one more clarification, does the issue with recasted waterballs renew the 25 hits instead of adding another 25 hits still the same?

#39 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:45 AM

It just renews regardless how it's used. Also, it will only deal hits equivalent to the amount of cells of water avaiable around you, if only 15 cells in the 5x5 around you have water/deluge/watery evasion in it, it will summon only 15 attacks

#40 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:17 AM

It just renews regardless how it's used. Also, it will only deal hits equivalent to the amount of cells of water avaiable around you, if only 15 cells in the 5x5 around you have water/deluge/watery evasion in it, it will summon only 15 attacks

so a not so slow water ball spam would just deal as much as damage as a zomg fast waterball spam ( as of zayaans case) provided that the slower one would have recasted before the first one would exhaust his/her waterball noh?

#41 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:28 AM

Just wondering why you are not using release for waterball, is there a cons more than pros it could give?

corrected the word

Releasing Water Ball works as you'd expect it to.

I don't Release it simply because I just don't use RSB/Release that often. The only time I use RSB, is when I want to restrict my movement while spamming a skill. That, and I can only store, what, 3 of them? Better to just manually spam it really.

It doesn't renew, it deals another 25 hits. Just like Drake's OP Water Ball.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 February 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:42 AM

In the past(few years in the past), while doing the WL job change, in the champion moba you have to get the drops for the quest, i used to kill 'em with water ball. Casting twice in a row and "stacking" them wouldnt kill, but casting it twice separately would kill midway in the 2nd cast.

#43 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

Releasing Water Ball works as you'd expect it to.

I don't Release it simply because I just don't use RSB/Release that often. The only time I use RSB, is when I want to restrict my movement while spamming a skill. That, and I can only store, what, 3 of them? Better to just manually spam it really.

Theoretically, i could store 5-6 of WB release if int equips and RSB is prepared before hand before switching to main gears. Though can be only used pre-emptively and just manually cast WBs afterwards. still need to try it though. Would be good if it would really stack just like what you've said  Ok, cant do it with release, the next release comes after the cast animation just as as ashuckel said unlike spamming water ball

It doesn't renew, it deals another 25 hits. Just like Drake's OP Water Ball.

waiting for ashuckels reply on this since both of you are great sources of information.

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 25 February 2017 - 07:08 AM.

#44 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:17 AM

I was gonna test it, but I couldn't find any >50 HP plant property monsters on a map with water, nor is there a PVP map with water.

Ok, cant do it with release, the next release comes after the cast animation just as as ashuckel said unlike spamming water ball

Possibly because your Aspd was too low, I was able to do it just fine. Your Aspd needs to be in the 190-193 range to reliably cast skills during Water Ball's animation, otherwise you'll have to dance it.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 February 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#45 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:27 AM

I was gonna test it, but I couldn't find any >50 HP plant property monsters on a map with water, nor is there a PVP map with water.

Try it with you tanky alts  :D

Possibly because your Aspd was too low, I was able to do it just fine. Your Aspd needs to be in the 190-193 range to reliably cast skills during Water Ball's animation, otherwise you'll have to dance it.

I tried it with 185 aspd, ill try again with higher aspd  Wait, did u meant release WB on this or manual casting WB? just making sure we are on the same page :)

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 25 February 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#46 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:37 AM

Try it with you tanky alts  :D

I tried it with 185 aspd, ill try again with higher aspd  Wait, did u meant release WB on this or manual casting WB? just making sure we are on the same page :)

I meant release WB.

#47 TothWL

TothWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

I used to farm Boitata on bRO. It doesn't renew, it adds to it.

If you're still in doubt, go check there, it's a great way to check (unnequip weapon).

#48 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

Hey, Zaayan, don't be lazy, +7 your shoes!  :p_laugh:

#49 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:17 AM

lol

#50 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

lol

I'm flat broke after buying some Overseas box items and upgrading. I haven't been running instances for quite a while nor did I have a lot Zeny saved up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users