Crimson Rod set vs Lacryma Stick set - Page 3 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Crimson Rod set vs Lacryma Stick set

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#51 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

Good luck finding a Fenrir card for 10-15b :v, i default temporal dex for that same reason on my WL, otherwise the cast time tends to be not as fast as someone wants even with 100% VCT reduction and i just slotted them with Nightmare Verit to keep the damage up. It's the best of it.
MVP and other cases i switch to Temp Int with Nightmare Verit or Temp Int Spell/RM

lol I am not gonna look for that, 10-15b is way out of my league, and I doubt its for sale even if the price is offered. It seems that the skill Radius also reduces FCT, it can be a total of near 37-38% reduction(15% base reduction + INT%/15 + LV%/15). For spells that require 2s or longer FCT, it really helps a lot. So yeah the biggest tradeoff here is between Temporal INT and DEX boots, higher MATK vs -0.5s FCT, the question is whether -0.5s FCT reduction is worth the MATK you give up. Its a bit tricky, I am still a High Wizard so I cannot test which scenario is better for a Warlock. I will have to find this out by trying both out a few weeks later.

#52 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

A proper fenrir card is a lot more expensive than 15b, just saying.

#53 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:38 PM

What you mean with "making my 4th La'cryma" '-'? Are they all +15 xD?

+10, lol! To be acurate, I had a +13, a +12 and a +11 the day before yesterday, and I made 2 +10 yesterday. I'll probably upgade them today. I think I can go up to +14 or at least +13, because upgrading 4 to +15 hurts my pocket A LOT, and there's not a decent incentive to go past +12, to be honest. It's more like "why not".

And Fenrir Card is more in the 50~60 B league than in the 15~16 B, lol. Though I think that genes may benefit more from it than Warlocks. For warlock you'd either have to give up the OBMH, which is huge, or give up the Old Magic Stone Hat (when it's implemented), which is "even huger", or give up the Fenrir Card for all other classes.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 22 February 2017 - 03:40 PM.

#54 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

lol I am not gonna look for that, 10-15b is way out of my league, and I doubt its for sale even if the price is offered. It seems that the skill Radius also reduces FCT, it can be a total of near 37-38% reduction(15% base reduction + INT%/15 + LV%/15). For spells that require 2s or longer FCT, it really helps a lot. So yeah the biggest tradeoff here is between Temporal INT and DEX boots, higher MATK vs -0.5s FCT, the question is whether -0.5s FCT reduction is worth the MATK you give up. Its a bit tricky, I am still a High Wizard so I cannot test which scenario is better for a Warlock. I will have to find this out by trying both out a few weeks later.

What i mean with "Good luck finding a Fenrir Card for 10-15b" was that it's not even close to it's real price xD. What Kusa stated below 

+10, lol! To be acurate, I had a +13, a +12 and a +11 the day before yesterday, and I made 2 +10 yesterday. I'll probably upgade them today. I think I can go up to +14 or at least +13, because upgrading 4 to +15 hurts my pocket A LOT, and there's not a decent incentive to go past +12, to be honest. It's more like "why not".

And Fenrir Card is more in the 50~60 B league than in the 15~16 B, lol. Though I think that genes may benefit more from it than Warlocks. For warlock you'd either have to give up the OBMH, which is huge, or give up the Old Magic Stone Hat (when it's implemented), which is "even huger", or give up the Fenrir Card for all other classes.

#55 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

What i mean with "Good luck finding a Fenrir Card for 10-15b" was that it's not even close to it's real price xD. What Kusa stated below 

Ok, but I was mainly stating that the only other way you can cut down FCT other than Temporal Dex Boots is to wear cards such as Fenrir. Whether its 10-15b, 50-60b or 1-2t is not my concern really, since I aint looking for this card anyway. I dont know its market price, I highly doubt anyone is actually buying/selling it.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 22 February 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#56 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

Plenty buying, few selling.

#57 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

just bring your AB slave with max sacrament, far cheaper anyway :heh:

#58 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:59 PM

sacrament makes little difference if you got Radius lv3, as the higher % stays, so sacra 50% replaces radius reduction.

DPS wise, temp dex is better in most cases, casting faster = more casts in X time = more dps. If you  don't need DPS/the skill has longer cooldown or delay than ur cast/ you don't need a faster cast, it's fine to use temp int. The damage difference isnt that much great as it may seem at first, most of your matk is still from weapon and stats.

#59 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

just bring your AB slave with max sacrament, far cheaper anyway :heh:

Well how do you make a 'slave' character? To use it as a bot that does nothing but to heal/buff you? I thought using bots is disallowed per se on Ragnarok, or am I mistaken? 

#60 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:20 AM

just run 2 clients and play both '-'

#61 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

Well how do you make a 'slave' character? To use it as a bot that does nothing but to heal/buff you? I thought using bots is disallowed per se on Ragnarok, or am I mistaken? 

as ash said, run 2 clients and play both,

or bot then pretend to be the one i mentioned above << not recommended though this is more common

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 23 February 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#62 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:10 AM

as ash said, run 2 clients and play both,

or bot then pretend to be the one i mentioned above << not recommended though this is more common

umm run 2 clients and switch from window to window(or PC to PC) is not an easy task, especially for mage characters as you need to use a combination of skills rather than just doing physical attack with a single click. To give buffs every 2-3 mins is doable, to heal when fighting mobs can be very difficult. I am sure some players can do that and some may be very good at it, but it may not be a good solution to everyone. Botting definitely is a lot easier, but then like you said its not recommended and can easily get you banned permanently.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 February 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#63 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

Just put the AB to autofollow the WL

#64 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

Made the simulation with a +15 Piercing Staff[2]. Always worse than the La'cryma, but, with this setup, by a ~5% margin (2,102 vs. 1,993 effective MATK). Probably will be better when we have Temp Int[1] Spell5 RM.

As for Crimson Rock, the break-even point between the La'cryma and the Crimson Rod is 80 MDEF, so, almost no difference at all.

#65 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

piercing staff: obligation to use OBMH, free footgear, lower matk than lacryma, the only way to surpass lacryma is using RM shoes and when the RM procs which leads to inconsistant damage.
lacryma: obligation to use pororoca, free headgear, higher attack than piercing, consistant dmg (unless using zaha).

#66 GG8704

GG8704

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

OT question, does using Valk Shield reduces 20%(undead) of celine's NORMAL attack? cause if not, i think solomon's key would be a good shield to boost my matk.

#67 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

nope

#68 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

For reducing Celine dmg is: undead or shadow armor (preferably undead because she stone curse) and all The neutral redux you can get, if you have deviling it helps a lot, raydric,hbp to +9 with 90 vit, felrock cloak to +9, marionette pet.

#69 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Just bought a couple Big Ben Cards this morning.

Need a DG party to test my new toy. XD

#70 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hahahahaha i bought The card two days ago, wb has became my best dps after intensification goes away lol xD

#71 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Nah waterball hands down the strongest one shot undead MVPs pretty much and 600k+ to ghost mvps 

Edited by YangeWenli, 20 March 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#72 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

nah, i have 4 big ben cards which i farmed them myself :D, 1 sold, 3 used

#73 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

I wish I had you guys' luck. I spend days farming for a single Neo Punk card. Then, I decide to level my gene a little, and I drop a couple crappy cards. ¬¬ The only time when I was somewhat lucky was when NP cards were released. Somewhat, because I got something like 4 NM cards, 3 NVs, 1 Arclouse and 1 NAM. At least I could sell the 2 NM cards for a high value at that time (190M and 170M, but I used the first 170M to buy a NV card, then I dropped a lot of them XD, when they were cheaper. Not a problem, though, since I'm using all 4 of them). I wish I could drop an Arc Elder card or something...

#74 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Yea had some surprisingly good luck lately something like 8 cards in 2~3 days from NCT and Nightmare Pyramid

#75 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

4 days of farming in NP got 4 NV, 4 NM, 1 Mimic and 1 NAM card '-'. At least made profit out of it xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users