RG vs Battle AB vs Axe Mechanic - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RG vs Battle AB vs Axe Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Praetorian

Praetorian

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

I started to play RO today and I've watched a couple of videos so I'm still deciding which class to make.

I had a few impressions but I would like you to educate me if my impressions are true and help me decide which is best for me.

So far, I liked the Royal Guard, the Battle Archbishop and the Axe Mechanic.

My playstyle :
I always liked being able to take a lot of damage, but of course I don't want to be useless and I wanna do an average damage, as long as I can take a lot of beating. I always play solo though I will join a guild to take part on WoE.

My impression of RG :

• Obviously can take a lot of damage and die last, which I liked a lot.

• I really liked the Grand Cross skill, but I'm afraid this skill is useless for PVP/WoE.

• I know the spear has many damage bonuses vs players but o I have to use spear? Can I be viable in PvP/WoE with Sword + Shield? I was thinking about Reflective Shield + Maya Card to reflect magic damage and of course the reflect physical from skill set.

• How good is RG in PVP/WoE?

My impression of Battle AB :

• It seemed to be somewhat easy to play because it only spams auto attack, am I wrong?

• I saw a video of some guy SOLOING MVP with Battle AB, is it possible?

• I wanna use the least reagents possible, this class seemed to be very economic on reagents, am I wrong?

• Is it possible for Battle AB to be tough to kill?

My impression of Axe Mechanic :

• I really liked the skill Lava Flow, is it useful or useless in PVP/WOE?

• I've read somewhere in a guide that Axe Mech will spam AoE Stun in PVP/WOE and Axe Throw to get kills but someone told me this does not work. Please tell me, it works or not?

• Is it possible for Axe Mech to kill heavy armored toons like RG and RK?

• Is it possible for Axe Mech to be as tough as RG? If not, how close can it be?

Thanks a lot!! You guys are awesome!

#2 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:24 AM

My impression of Battle AB :
  • It seemed to be somewhat easy to play because it only spams auto attack, am I wrong?

• I saw a video of some guy SOLOING MVP with Battle AB, is it possible?

• I wanna use the least reagents possible, this class seemed to be very economic on reagents, am I wrong?

• Is it possible for Battle AB to be tough to kill?

- Yes they do focus on auto-attack using Duple Light and auto-cast gears like CD in Mouth etc. Though that's also because they don't have any area of effect skill to spam, this makes them slower to level. Some auto-cast gear do have an area of effect though you can use but they aren't as reliable as a usable skill of course. Baphomet card adds guaranteed splash to a weapon but it's very expensive.

- It's possible but I would not reccomend Battle AB if your main goal is MvPs as their damage output isn't as big it can take longer for the MvP to go down so it's more of a challenge.

- Yes, one of the fun aspects of Battle AB is self-reliance as you can heal and buff yourself very well, I really enjoy that.

- If you mean in PvP or WoE, I would recommend other classes, like MvPing other classes have an easier time and Battle AB is more of a fun challenge.

Info for Battle ABs: https://forums.warpp...chbishop-guide/

I enjoy playing Battle AB but I would probably suggest checking out the new Summoner / Doram class for a new player as they have access to both damage and healing/buff skills like a Battle AB but with a much higher damage output so they are more viable for MvPing, PvP, WoE etc. I reccomend Battle AB for a change of pace / play style for fun later down the line.

I've not played RG or Mechanic much so I'll leave those questions to others.

Edited by soudou, 19 February 2017 - 02:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users