Warpportal support system failed me - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Warpportal support system failed me

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

i am really disappointed about the warpportal support system, 2 days ago i was scammed by a guy who offer sell WPE, i was doubting if accept or not but i choose accept because i believed and trusted the warpportal support system would help me if i was scammed, So I took some pictures and i made the deal, after the deal the guy become disconnect and i understand to i was scammed, inmediatily i went the support area and make the ticket with the picture support and wait the answer.

The answer was very dissapointed, they answer that yes, i was scammed, and yes the guy was reciving the penality but the cannot undo the deal, like if my car was steal and when i go to the police they say to the capture the stealer but they cannot give me back my car, so real.

Anyway warpportal team are not polices i understand, but in previous oportunitys they solved all my insues worried by a fair answer, now they only want make and answer.

I don't understand why if warpportal not aprove and support sell WPE they allow it? in the loading screen i see the bot no allow, the buy zeny not allow and i understand what this mean, but for WPE i don't understand, why they allow the people stay on eden selling it if they don't aprove it? why they just say not to sell the WPE? why the allow the scammer continue scamming and the player continue becoming scammed?

I cannot do anything more just say my dissapoint, i fee like a fool, not only for being scammed rather by for that i believed who i would recieve support by warpportal for this and they don't did it.

thanks for read and sorry about my english

Edited by 3288140331083411200, 20 February 2017 - 01:02 PM.

#2 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Well Warp Portal does not recommend buying/selling WPE, and I think they have made it clear that they wouldnt back you up if you were scammed. Trading for WPE is tricky, either you pay first or get the code first, someone will have to take a risk. I wouldnt recommend this myself either.

#3 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Well Warp Portal does not recommend buying/selling WPE, and I think they have made it clear that they wouldnt back you up if you were scammed. Trading for WPE is tricky, either you pay first or get the code first, someone will have to take a risk. I wouldnt recommend this myself either.

where i can see that recommend? i never see it before

#4 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

the problem is that RMT is an unsupported activity and deal, so when you agree to do that, you do so outside of the rule boundaries,therefore since they dont support those types fo deals, they most likely wont help you back.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Please review this post [Economic Activity]:

https://forums.warpp...57#entry2513057

#6 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Warp portal wants WPE vs Zeny trade because it supports the game.

Warp portal doesn't want the additional work needed to manage fair transactions.

So it's better for them to just let the WPE/Zeny trade happen and just ignore all the bad stuff that happens from it.

In the end, it will be the player's ability to adapt and only make these type of trades with people you trust. Or you can start racial profiling people and assume to never trust these type of players :P

#7 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Warp portal wants WPE vs Zeny trade because it supports the game.

Warp portal doesn't want the additional work needed to manage fair transactions.

So it's better for them to just let the WPE/Zeny trade happen and just ignore all the bad stuff that happens from it.

In the end, it will be the player's ability to adapt and only make these type of trades with people you trust. Or you can start racial profiling people and assume to never trust these type of players :P

like a police that don't want work when he see a thief stealing but wait to the thief end the steal and leave the site, but the police want receive bonus for come 2 hour after the steal, later us ask why the server is fully of scammer and botter with a service like that

#8 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:52 PM

https://forums.warpp...ixr-event-2017/

Also how many WPEs are you looking to buy? I can sell you some  B)

Sorry for your loss but it has happened to everyone  :P

PM ~ 

Edited by DoentMatter2U, 20 February 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#9 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

https://forums.warpp...ixr-event-2017/

Also how many WPEs are you looking to buy? I can sell you some  B)

Sorry for your loss but it has happened to everyone  :P

PM ~ 

that's what I'm talking about, everyone become scammed, you know it, i know it, the gm know it but they don't do anything about that, just is problem of the player but they receive the profit the wpe.

#10 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

I laughed reading above police and thief analogy, I think you never got any real world scam scenario didn't you in any kind of electronic transactions. :heh:

Here's more relevant analogy, you see some sellers online in buy/selling sites like a****n,e**y, etc. You decided to buy something, let's say a cellphone from the sellers through direct bank transfer payment option w/o ensuring the seller credibility/reputation firsthand, then after you transferred your money through ATM and the cellphone box was delivered to you through logistics services you found out disappointment in the box contents, let's say you got 2 pile of rocks inside the cellphone box instead of the actual cellphone and its accessories.

Now you're asking refund to the buy/selling sites for the scam and ask the scamming seller to be blacklisted by showing your proof being scammed, the buy/selling sites do blacklist and ban the scamming seller account but they can't prevent the scammers to scam people again in the future and by the website policy they stated clearly they won't reimburse scam through direct bank transfer payment, but you didn't read the website policy firsthand before doing the transactions. :heh:

Now back to your case, from various alternative secure payment options to buy WPE directly from warpportal website you choose the most vulnerable options w/o knowing the associated risk and gather some information firsthand regarding this kind of transactions. It's lesson learned for you so you'll less likely to repeat the same mistake in the future  :heh: 

#11 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Please review this post [Economic Activity]:

https://forums.warpp...57#entry2513057

Now thats interesting, still a lot of grey areas though. I recently saw someone listing everything for sale for 1z, in his vending message he said 'PM offers, no low ball'. Of course I didnt do this myself, nor did I play the low ball(bought +15 crimson rod for hundreds of million zeny instead). But lets say if someone does play the low ball, and get all his items for 1z each. Will Warp Portal take care of this, revert the transaction, even banning the immoral player? Or will the vender be just on his own risk and have to accept possible loss?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 20 February 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#12 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

They did that because they're aware of the risk, otherwise they won't bother doing that.

There's many case of mispricing vendors in the past which resulted in vendor loss and GM rarely reimburse this kind of things because most of them caused by human errors instead of system flaws :heh:

#13 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

1. They don't encourage wpe to zeny exchange but it isn't given the same treatment as RMT cause its their game item for another game item.

- However do it at your own risk. Best way NOT to get scam is of course buy the WPE yourself and if you want zeny, open loads of box or sell kp items.

- This ensures that you won't get scam.

- They are already doing a service to blacklist/ban that person.

2. Misvend cases.

- Those people that vend items for 1z or 1m technically have max zeny so you wouldn't be able to buy them.

- If by chance you happen to buy them, the item stays with you since you bought it legitimately.

- As a seller, all i can ticket for is to ask who bought it, in this case they will tell you the person's class but not their id etc.

They could probably do an auction house where people list their wpe for sale and its directly transferred between accounts (i.e wp account to wp account and char to char), but thats a linking that they won't do.

You can just say, they don't really want wpe to zeny trade but they are closing one eye on the transaction.

#14 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Now thats interesting, still a lot of grey areas though. I recently saw someone listing everything for sale for 1z, in his vending message he said 'PM offers, no low ball'. Of course I didnt do this myself, nor did I play the low ball(bought +15 crimson rod for hundreds of million zeny instead). But lets say if someone does play the low ball, and get all his items for 1z each. Will Warp Portal take care of this, revert the transaction, even banning the immoral player? Or will the vender be just on his own risk and have to accept possible loss?

Technically it is the vendors loss for vending at 1z.  (If you do this you know what you are risking) They have their money at max so they can not sell item for 1z, lowball = Low Offer to Seller.

#15 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:22 AM

I laughed reading above police and thief analogy, I think you never got any real world scam scenario didn't you in any kind of electronic transactions. :heh:

Here's more relevant analogy, you see some sellers online in buy/selling sites like a****n,e**y, etc. You decided to buy something, let's say a cellphone from the sellers through direct bank transfer payment option w/o ensuring the seller credibility/reputation firsthand, then after you transferred your money through ATM and the cellphone box was delivered to you through logistics services you found out disappointment in the box contents, let's say you got 2 pile of rocks inside the cellphone box instead of the actual cellphone and its accessories.

Now you're asking refund to the buy/selling sites for the scam and ask the scamming seller to be blacklisted by showing your proof being scammed, the buy/selling sites do blacklist and ban the scamming seller account but they can't prevent the scammers to scam people again in the future and by the website policy they stated clearly they won't reimburse scam through direct bank transfer payment, but you didn't read the website policy firsthand before doing the transactions. :heh:

Now back to your case, from various alternative secure payment options to buy WPE directly from warpportal website you choose the most vulnerable options w/o knowing the associated risk and gather some information firsthand regarding this kind of transactions. It's lesson learned for you so you'll less likely to repeat the same mistake in the future  :heh:

what happen with you guy? what kind of people are you that enjoy the misfortune of the other people, What kind of lack of empathy do you have for do that? of course you are not on my shoes, It's easy to make fun of other people's misfortunes. 

the most popular buy and sell web store have refund, i know because on one time i buy a cellphone and the sellter never did the send the website refund me the money., this is called customer protection, because the site he cares about his client.

anyway you enjoy the misfortunes of the other, so enjoy againt, make you new joke, smile againt.

1. They don't encourage wpe to zeny exchange but it isn't given the same treatment as RMT cause its their game item for another game item.

- However do it at your own risk. Best way NOT to get scam is of course buy the WPE yourself and if you want zeny, open loads of box or sell kp items.

- This ensures that you won't get scam.

- They are already doing a service to blacklist/ban that person.

2. Misvend cases.

- Those people that vend items for 1z or 1m technically have max zeny so you wouldn't be able to buy them.

- If by chance you happen to buy them, the item stays with you since you bought it legitimately.

- As a seller, all i can ticket for is to ask who bought it, in this case they will tell you the person's class but not their id etc.

They could probably do an auction house where people list their wpe for sale and its directly transferred between accounts (i.e wp account to wp account and char to char), but thats a linking that they won't do.

You can just say, they don't really want wpe to zeny trade but they are closing one eye on the transaction.

men, i know that this to i will say is not important for you but i want share it.
i am living on a country where each day is a survival quest, for my is literally impossible get dollars legally and when i got the luky of got some in need use it on prioritys, so play ragnarok is my form to enjoy, like a lot of players and the only way to i can get vip or kp is buying wpe, investing a lot of time geting zeny, time who i sacrifice because i love ragnarok, i enjoy playing ragnarok and it is hurt when you after investing a lot of time, striving to do your best so that in the end somebody makes fun of you, i know that because it is my day by day, seeing how the country of your love is dieing for unescrupulous people, and the people that should protect it is seeing to another site and washing their hands like pilates and now that is happened on the game to i loved too? you think to it is just?

I am not the only victim of the scam in the server, all people know that this happen continously but most of people don't say anything or just leave the game, and for sure people that invest their money on the server, We know the truth.

anyways i know that it is my fault, i stupidly believed and trusted that the support system would support me like some years ago they did it but the last year they change the rules and i don't readed it but although they did it i can that it is injust, they just change the rules for they profit but what happened with the security of the players? they are offering a service insecure and i am on my right to say it, i am non conform with that, i think to the support system need protect all players and if they cannot do it maybe they need think to start to find another job and leave to another people do it.

i am ready for more jokes and people to enjoy the misfortune of other but i want invite to all people who had insue like the my to that share it and share they opinions.

thanks for take your time to read and sorry about my bad english

#16 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:22 AM

No problem meng... trust me, 1k kp can feed me for 3 days if i spend it carefully. thats 9 meals (Not the luxurious one, just the basics).

Just make sure it only happens once. You tend to be extra careful after this, and only deal with those who can be trust. E.g your guildies or friends and not some random stranger.

The support team aren't perfect.

Well just take an irl situation where a thief mugged you and ran of with your money. You reported to the police but he have already spent it. They could only lock him up. If you're lucky, your items will be returned but most often it does not.

Yes I know WP owns the game and they can create items, zeny or track every transaction to find where the zeny/item went to but those people that the scammer sold it to, or use to buy... got their zeny legitimately. What happens if after he spend that money, he wasted the items, i.e consummables or tried to refine and break the item? Its too much of a trouble and I assure you, these scam cases happen all the time, albeit to new people. WP just doesn't have the man power to do such things. They are better off focusing on updates and ingame related items.

Yeah, they can just disable the wpe gift cards, but then I'm sure some people would make noise and they would lose players as well.

What I can say is, there is no fail safe to a person's gullibility. A game is just a game.  

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.'

PS: Of course ranting and sharing on the forum is the only thing we can do for misvend/getting scammed. Sorry to hear of your lost. Stay strong and continue playing!

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:54 AM

You took the risk, it sucks but it is what it is.

#18 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:58 AM

what happen with you guy? what kind of people are you that enjoy the misfortune of the other people, What kind of lack of empathy do you have for do that? of course you are not on my shoes, It's easy to make fun of other people's misfortunes. 

the most popular buy and sell web store have refund, i know because on one time i buy a cellphone and the sellter never did the send the website refund me the money., this is called customer protection, because the site he cares about his client.

anyway you enjoy the misfortunes of the other, so enjoy againt, make you new joke, smile againt.

men, i know that this to i will say is not important for you but i want share it.
i am living on a country where each day is a survival quest, for my is literally impossible get dollars legally and when i got the luky of got some in need use it on prioritys, so play ragnarok is my form to enjoy, like a lot of players and the only way to i can get vip or kp is buying wpe, investing a lot of time geting zeny, time who i sacrifice because i love ragnarok, i enjoy playing ragnarok and it is hurt when you after investing a lot of time, striving to do your best so that in the end somebody makes fun of you, i know that because it is my day by day, seeing how the country of your love is dieing for unescrupulous people, and the people that should protect it is seeing to another site and washing their hands like pilates and now that is happened on the game to i loved too? you think to it is just?

I am not the only victim of the scam in the server, all people know that this happen continously but most of people don't say anything or just leave the game, and for sure people that invest their money on the server, We know the truth.

anyways i know that it is my fault, i stupidly believed and trusted that the support system would support me like some years ago they did it but the last year they change the rules and i don't readed it but although they did it i can that it is injust, they just change the rules for they profit but what happened with the security of the players? they are offering a service insecure and i am on my right to say it, i am non conform with that, i think to the support system need protect all players and if they cannot do it maybe they need think to start to find another job and leave to another people do it.

i am ready for more jokes and people to enjoy the misfortune of other but i want invite to all people who had insue like the my to that share it and share they opinions.

thanks for take your time to read and sorry about my bad english

From what I saw you were actually buying WPE. Its kinda strange, most buyers of WPE require code first and zeny later approach, from what I see in Eden 1st floor. You can ask for this too, although you will have to pay a bit more zeny for WPE in this circumstance since the risk factor is on the seller now.

#19 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Technically it is the vendors loss for vending at 1z.  (If you do this you know what you are risking) They have their money at max so they can not sell item for 1z, lowball = Low Offer to Seller.

I see, so in this case the seller has max zeny so the deal will be rejected as he cannot receive any more zeny. Smart strategy, but I wonder what is the max zeny a character can hold in iRO? Is it 10b?

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

2,147,something,something

#21 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:01 AM

i really thanks your answers, i know that all of you are right, but to i want to you understand this, i am not the only scammed on the server with WPE, every day someone is scammed, all of us know this, the support system know this, and we have been badly accustomed to this, It has become so common and now is normal be scammed, but this is not normal, this is a badly situation who is happening on the server and what are doing the support system about this? just leaving tho this happen seeing to another and covering they back with a bad rule to leave vulnerable the players, this is not fair nor right.

Please think a little more in the other people, a little more that on me, today this happened to me, tomorrow to another player and this will continue happening. How many people need got this bad situation until the gm do some? it Is just that the gm leave to this contunie happening washing they hands?

We have right to demand security,  you please stop defending the bad decitions of the gms and start to defend all player, the people make this game great, they need support

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

2,147,something,something

I see, so only 2.147b? I remember seeing this number before, from the old classic RO several years ago, when zeny was still a lot more valuable than it is now. I wonder though, how can you buy something for multi-billion zeny when you can only store 2.147b? To create alternative accounts/characters? Are there other ways?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 22 February 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

Alts to hold the money, multiple deals/gm trade

#24 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Or trade with other items with sum of equal value agreed between buyers and sellers as long it's not involving account bound items.

some items like BB's, BMX'es, Safe cert 10 are commonly accepted as transactional tokens which act as zeny substitute.

#25 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Own up to ur loss. Admit to ur own mistake. Realize u were dumb enough to trust someone over the net in a video game. Move on and try to be smarter next time. It may sound rude but I don't want to sugar baby spoon ur feelings. The person fooled u so learn to not be fooled again. Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users