Bring back the DBs and Amulets to South Pront! (prt_fild08) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bring back the DBs and Amulets to South Pront! (prt_fild08)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:13 AM

These have always been a form of mischief and mayhem, I would say 6 out of the 10 years playing was in South Pront with DBs or amulets.

This is more serious for me than most but...

South Prontera Field has been the go to place for fun and excitement, drama and action, you name it!

Now, it is but a fashion show...

As a Battle AB, I have frequented the field more than most, enjoying showing off characters and socially being active with other players.  Business ventures here were profitable, and people enjoyed excitement.  It was accustom to understand you do not AFK here, nor come with experience to lose. 

This is a culture thing within iRO, and I am not the only one who thinks this.

Yes DBs get abused, yes Amulets get abused.  There probably isn't 1 Amulet/DB that can survive long in that map vs the high level players and 175s that frequent the map.  This USED to be different, now with the level gap between old DBs and Players, they aren't much of a threat.

There is no reason to remove them from the Prontera Field (prt_fild08) map.

Arguing that it is a new player area:

(It used to be.) Players with low levels (under 20ish) spawn in prt_fild08a, they do not interact with players in prt_fild08, it is a way for new players to not be subjected to that which is the DB/Amulet. 

A wizard in Izlude can change channels (maps between 08 and 08a) for you, you can visit the lower lvl map, but lower levels can not access the regular map until around lvl 20.

Really I am just upset that the one thing I have really done in this game for the past 4ish years is being taken away...  again. 

They do get abused, and might catch some inexperienced players by surprise, I just (seriously) died twice by a "Mysterious Bug" in Izlude...

My Proposal:

Make a social map, allow DBs, Amulets, BBs(maybe), vending on the exterior area of the map, maybe even pvp?

Sell boxes of DBs via Kafra Shop from a vendor on the map.

Or just change it back, it was nice even before they changed DB item use rate.

#2 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

lol why would they disable ? Haven't been there lately so idk what's happening :x

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

Not sure what is this? DBs and Amulets can be used at South Prontera. Amulet can be spammed but DB has a cd. 

You can still find ppl spawning them so.....

#4 rxexzxa

rxexzxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

and BBs ?  :rice:

#5 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:20 AM

just tried it
you cant use those anymore in prt08
what happened ? :heh:

Edited by Silvianna, 21 February 2017 - 01:33 AM.

#6 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:09 AM

just tried it
you cant use those anymore in prt08
what happened ? :heh:

Wait whaaaaat... Bring it back please.. I like to kill the a-_- there then ress them over and over again.

#7 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Amulet and Dead branches https://forums.warpp...-dead-branches/

Both these items was revoked from being of use to open maps.

Bravo Warpportal and Bravo people who abused them stupidly.

is this an intended fix for now on?

Next week the doram maps will be changed to match the prt_fild08 map type and then normal field maps will revert.

Was actually hoping it would stay like this honestly

and make BB be used in south pront lmao

#8 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:35 AM

So it is temporary until they swap the map types... What a waste of a post -.-

Thanks soudou for the info and links :)

#9 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:24 AM

So it is temporary until they swap the map types... What a waste of a post -.-

Thanks soudou for the info and links :)

Yeah, unknown to a few folks - I think they deleted the post - was that a handful of stupid, hateful people went so far as to DB the newbie Doram map so that no one could enjoy even starting a cat.   

Yeah, it was a bit much to suppress DBing EVERYWHERE but y'know Warpportal - use an atomic bomb to kill an ant.....

#10 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

<snip>

Think about it, the staff put/sell those BB in the cash shop, for what purpose?, THIS IS RAGNAROK "Ragnarök is a series of future events, including a great battle, foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures", (https://en.wikipedia...g/wiki/Ragnarök), NOT AN AGRY BIRD, or PONY TOWN.

IF SOMEONE OPEN BB IN ANT HELL GOOOD

IF SOMEONE OPEN BB IN ORC DUNGEON 1,2 HELL YEAH!

IF SOMEONE OPEN BB IN PRONT FIELD AWESOME

IF SOMEONE OPEN DB IN ANT HELL GOOOD

IF SOMEONE OPEN DB IN ORC DUNGEON 1,2 HELL YEAH!

IF SOMEONE OPEN DB IN PRONT FIELD AWESOME

IF SOMEONE OPEN AMULET IN ANT HELL GOOOD

IF SOMEONE OPEN AMULET IN ORC DUNGEON 1,2 HELL YEAH!

IF SOMEONE OPEN AMULET IN PRONT FIELD AWESOME

SO THOSE LV 175 HAD A THING TO DO!, I getting sick waiting the MVP spawn, and keep teleporting hunting the MVP and at then end the only thing I got is another tombstone and another 120 minute waiting,

I mean it, this is utter retarded, Lets just said some one open BB at Orc Dungeon, what is the problem? those AFK Homun? U MEAN THOSE AUTO FEEDING OR EVEN BOT?, only those autofeeding/bot utter garbage gonna complaining about it after they wake up and realize their char lay on the floor all the whole time.

Ohh look Payon spore maps got ton of bots we cat let those garbage peoples raise up, OPEN BB? WHY NOT!?

All the staff should reconsidering what exactly "RAGNAROK" is, especially you Campitor, what the hell are you thinking?, FOR ME you are a smart figure, capable to handle so many problem, script, and <snip>, but every single of my suggestion seems goes from your right ear next to your left ear.

I understand its a difficult thing to milking money from smart people, for me my self, I think bought a rice instead of KP is a smart thing to do, I GET IT.

Runemidgard is BIG, contain more than 6 town more than 6 classes, 6 different way to LEVELING, you sold BB to your costumer but you disallow your costumer to used it anywhere they want?. REALLY?.

Ragnarok still exist until now its because its not a simple game, Ragnarok demand experience, experimenting, effort, luck, research, exploring, 10001 items 10001 Eqp, CLEARLY NOT A GAME FOR UNDERAGE & DEGENERATED.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 February 2017 - 10:04 AM.
Removed portion of post. Language.

#11 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Kids don't play ragnarok lol....

#12 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

^Yes they do.  :heh:

Hell yeah, for once I thought it was permanently disabled. Let BB be available in south Prontera too.

#13 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

I started playing RO when I was 6

#14 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

Make Pront field 8 great again, enable BB and remove the DB 3 sec Delay.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Kids don't play ragnarok lol....

Yes Windy dear, just like how only adults play childrens card games.

#16 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

I was summoned. Yes its temp and yes please bring back BB to south pront it will bring good revenue.

#17 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

The staff already do an awesome thing by making Pront fild8 restricted for low level char, where low level character and peacefully wandering around killing poring, fabre, lunatic and stuff. disabling BB, give delay 3sec on Dead Branch is not make any sense anymore.

There is no word abuse in my Ragnarok dictionary, if someone for some reason hate you, and he/she spamming DB/Amulet right next to you and you got killed that mean you are "ABUSABLE" or I prefer to said rapeable, its your own fault, no one told you to go sit and AFKing at Pront fild8, no one told you Pront Fild8 is the most safest place in Runemidgard.

There is 1001 reason for peoples to hating you without clear/logic reason, maybe you selling something expensive, maybe you selling something illegal (467 Dead branch), maybe you are a bot, maybe you char is aura, maybe your name, maybe your classes, maybe you char wearing a swag costume/eqp, and so many more.

A kind of retarded event like JJ (Jumping Jane quest) only produce massive failure garbage classes/person, between a beggar and a total moron, I once meet with a knight 99 who act like a double Mjolnir Rune Knight who thing he can beat anything until I send him to my tentacle rape dungeon, and got killed less than 8sec, never see his face anymore since then.

Pront fild8 for me is a place where every one can hangout and show off, do something funny and interesting as like as they want.

•You have a lot of useless cards, but had no time to selling it, and have no friend to share, go to Pront fild8, make a quiz, dice, or simply just drop it 1/1, your garbage is a treasure for someone else.

•You just level up, become 3rd classes, want to celebrate it?, go to Pront Fild8, open DB/Amu, drop party, drop 1000 White potion or 100 Oridecon or anything you want.

•You feel lonely, want/looking someone to talk, Pront Fild8 is your solution.

•Wan to show off on how you dealing with mobs, Pront fild8 is best place.

•Married, want to celebrate it, pront fild08 is your solution.

•Frustrated, angry, disappointed, SUMMON 1000 AMULET, KILL EVERYONE?, not enough still cant kill anything? = DEAD BRANCH YES!????, OR JUST REKT EVERYTHING BY cracking 5 BB at onces!?, Pront field is best place to do it.

•Want copy skill, looking someone to helping you GO TO PRONT FILD8.

•Boring waiting your Homun to be loyal to you?, need something to watch or random people you can talk with?, go to pront fild08

•Had a problem with your Wife/GF/Husband/BF, go talk to peoples at Pront fild08.

•Having LDR experience issue, not virgin anymore, and your BF recording your intimate moment, go to Pront Fild, maybe someone can give you a good advice.

•Need to take a poop, best place to AFK full with sound effect, Pront Fild08 why not?.

•looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend/sexcam.... go to Pront fild08

ITS CLEARLY PRONT FILD8/PRT8 ITS FOR HAVING FUN, NOT ALL THIS LONG STRIKE LINE OF CRAP RESTRICTED BULLCRAP ABOUT NEWBIE CRYING BUTTHURT CANNOT HUNT LOSING EXP BOO HOOO HOOOO DX.

WANT A SAFE PLACE blend with other neewbie/weak? = NOVICE ACADEMY. there will be no monster but you still can lv up in there.

#18 IWindyI

IWindyI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:09 AM

I started playing RO when I was 6

I mean now...not 13 years ago :p_omg:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users