Patch Notes 02/22/2017 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 02/22/2017 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.5.47, Game Version: 10.1.0.13

Server Maintenance
2017-02-22, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Valentine's Day Event

This will be the last week the Cookie Factory is open! Make sure to get the items and cookie ingredients you need before it will be closed next week.

Carnival Season Event

On Thursday, 2/23 the street carnival is starting in many countries and all the jesters are going wild on the streets. This is a reason for us to celebrate the street carnival season this year with an EXP and grind event.

By killing monsters you can get a 'Kamelle* Box' which randomly contains one the following:

1x Choppy Chop – a lollipop (consumable) which is able to immediately restore 1300 HP and MP (blocked for use in BSQ)
1x Caramel Kamelle* - a candy (consumable) which is able to immediately restore 1000 HP (blocked for use in BSQ)
1x Fruit Kamelle* - candy (consumable) which is able to immediately restore 1000 MP
1x Half-eaten Choppy Chop – a half-eaten lollipop of which you can trade 10 for a Carnival Mask Box at the Vending Machine

The consumables are tradable, the half-eaten Choppy Chop and the Kamelle Box itself and the Carnival Mask Box are fully restricted.

Carnival Mask Box
This box randomly contains one of the 11 masks which can be obtained through the Item Mall as [Event] version or one of the new Carnival Mask in four different colors (red, blue, green, yellow). The Carnival Mask is harder to get but comes with better stats. Also the Carnival Mask is soulbound once equipped.

The monsters are dropping the Kamelle Box from Thursday, 2/23 0:00 Server Time until Tuesday, 2/29 23:59 Server Time.

*Kamelle: Kamelle is a word from the German Rhineland region which is an important center of the German Carnival Season. The word Kamelle is a regional synonym for Candy. The word is usually used during the street carnival season where "costumed" trucks are driving through the streets making a parade and costumed carnival people are throwing these candies from the trucks into the viewers who can catch them. While throwing, the throwers shout "Kamelle".

EXP Event
An EXP Event will be running on Thursday, 2/23 0:00 Server Time until Tuesday, 2/28 23:59 Server Time. The EXP rates will be announced in a separate announcement.

Fixes

Fixed a bug that prevents people from entering the Galaxia dungeons without creating a party beforehand. Galaxia Dungeons can now be entered without having a party and parties are not automatically created when entering a dungeon or mission map.

DS-Changes.png

The cutscenes in the boss room of Drakos can now be skipped by pressing ESC.

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:43 AM

What are the stats then on those masks? Also any ss of them?

I think that behavior with the parties is something that should've been a thing anyways. Think it's fair to assume by default that people'd want to be in a party. Now as far as I remember off the top of my head you can't set the party member limit to 1. Perhaps this could be enabled (if it indeed isn't already) to let those who'd want to farm solo do so undisturbed. Though there is the reject all option already also...

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

You could just uncheck the "Accept Party" checkbox :) 

#4 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:25 PM

Chocolate Rabbits, Watermelon Slices, and now lollipops (Choppy Chops)...

Make sure to take care of your teeth, guys XD

#5 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

Chocolate Rabbits, Watermelon Slices, and now lollipops (Choppy Chops)...

Make sure to take care of your teeth, guys XD

Hopefully the citizens of Dragon Saga have tooth care products as well.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

The new Masks:

masks.jpg

Stats:

Strength +5
Health +5

Critical Damage +6.0%

Final Critical Success Rate +1.5%

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

You could just uncheck the "Accept Party" checkbox :)

Ye that's what I meant with the refuse all thing. The only "problem" with that is that people will have to try to join that party trough the party search system to figure out that it's someone going solo, if it showed 1/1 they'd see that immediately at a glance.

#8 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Just a small question/suggestion, is it possible to make the dragonsaga client flash orange on the task bar? When certain events occur, Like Collecting Tool/Collecting Support tool breaks, whispers, bsq starting, ew starting, etc etc...

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

Ye that's what I meant with the refuse all thing. The only "problem" with that is that people will have to try to join that party trough the party search system to figure out that it's someone going solo, if it showed 1/1 they'd see that immediately at a glance.

The Party is not displayed in the party search if "Accept Party" is unchecked.

Just a small question/suggestion, is it possible to make the dragonsaga client flash orange on the task bar? When certain events occur, Like Collecting Tool/Collecting Support tool breaks, whispers, bsq starting, ew starting, etc etc...

Nice idea. Pretty easy to code but need to find the notifications in the code first. I will write that idea down and implement it. Can't say when it will be added yet.

#10 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

Honnestly I'd prefer fixing Galaxia dungeons by making the possibility to enter without having a party.

It is a really small detail which only bothers me some very few times, but there have been time where I forgot to hide my party, and since I created my party quickly, the loot was in shared mode. By mistake I pressed F1 when someone wanted to join my dungeon and I had to share the loot with that pickup. It didn't happen only in the Galaxia dungeon, but I don't think it is a very big deal.

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

Honnestly I'd prefer fixing Galaxia dungeons by making the possibility to enter without having a party.

It is a really small detail which only bothers me some very few times, but there have been time where I forgot to hide my party, and since I created my party quickly, the loot was in shared mode. By mistake I pressed F1 when someone wanted to join my dungeon and I had to share the loot with that pickup. It didn't happen only in the Galaxia dungeon, but I don't think it is a very big deal.

The problem is the system is made for exactly the behavior to create a party when ever you enter a dungeon or mission map. That was a behavior on all server except for this one because of a "dot" in the automatically created party name. 

I cannot change this behavior for the maint today. But what about a configuration option where to chose if a party shall be created or not? I am not sure if the system of automatically creating a party is wanted by anyone though. Maybe we should run a poll?

I did not specifically implement/activate this feature. It just has been activated by the fix for entering Galaxia. I didn't even know that this server had the ability to create a party and why it didn't work. I heard from other players that WarpPortal requested a fix for that when the old dev team was still active (long time ago) but it never has been fixed because removing a "dot" is pretty difficult :D

Long story short: we have 3 options. Removing it, keeping it or making a configuration option if it is wanted. :)

#12 Levane

Levane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

If we're talking about party settings, can we also have the option to hide the Party again? That would be very pleasing if possible C:

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

If we're talking about party settings, can we also have the option to hide the Party again? That would be very pleasing if possible C:

Hide in which way? In the party search? For what reason? 

Unchecking "accept party" hides the party in the search. If a party is full with 4 people nobody is able to join your party. 

I see no need for that.

#14 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

I think the player above asked for having the ability to hide the party banner.

I do not see much reasons to do so. I guess they in fact changed it to the "accept party" system to avoid some bugs.

#15 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:35 AM

As we're talking about party right now, is it possible to have some seconds in between for each party join request? I bet you've encountered people who constantly request to join party while you in dungeon or outside ----waiting for another friend but a dude keep spamming request""" 

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Small change:

Galaxia Dungeons can now be entered without having a party and parties are not automatically created when entering a dungeon or mission map.

I think it is more annoying for solo-players if a party is automatically created than for people to create a party  who really want to play in a party.

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Hopefully the citizens of Dragon Saga have tooth care products as well.

Maybe we need a toothpaste and toothbrush drop event?  :p_conf:

#18 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Servers are online!

Please update your game to version 0.5.48.

The game client stays at version 10.1.0.13.

Enjoy!

#19 Xcythe

Xcythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:45 PM

Galaxy bugged again. Once it's complete it gets stuck can't get out of dungeon. Also all space thieves are gone from the treasure rooms. This was in Virgo.

Update - That was in channel 3 I changed to channel 4 and it works there. Will finish dungeon to see if it completes at the end.

Edit to be more specific.

Edited by Xcythe, 22 February 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

I will look into it.

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Galaxy bugged again. Once it's complete it gets stuck can't get out of dungeon. Also all space thieves are gone from the treasure rooms. This was in Virgo.

Update - That was in channel 3 I changed to channel 4 and it works there. Will finish dungeon to see if it completes at the end.

Edit to be more specific.

It seems that is something which is still strange with the Party stuff for Galaxia *sigh*

I created a party and having a party it works without any problem

I will fix that until tomorrow.

Edit: Sadly I am not able to test everything what could happen on the live server. This is one of these things. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#22 Xcythe

Xcythe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

It seems that is something which is still strange with the Party stuff for Galaxia *sigh*

I created a party and having a party it works without any problem

I will fix that until tomorrow.

Edit: Sadly I am not able to test everything what could happen on the live server. This is one of these things. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes maybe it has to do with the party because in channel 3 I went in without creating party to test out the new change. In channel 4 I created party and everything is fine. Will test out channel 3 some other time as I already did 3 runs today. Overall I do like the idea so it's no big deal. Just wanted to let others know. Thanks for the quick response.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

Yeah I tried out and had the same results. I also requested a maintenance for tomorrow at 15:00 Server Time. Should be a pretty quick maintenance. I am very sure I will have a fix ready then.

Thank you for your understanding and again sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

#24 YamiHime90

YamiHime90

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

The drop-rate of 'Kamelle* Box' seems low. I killed more than 500 monsters but it didn't drop any box :p_sick:

#25 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

It's starting on February, 23th 0:00 Server Time, which is 7:00am UTC, 9:00am CET. 

Edit: Checked, the box drop is working. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users